Rachel shoaf and Sheila eddy
The Truth

New Kensington, PA

#7410 Feb 26, 2014
0hYes wrote:
For someone who has been practicing law as long as she has, Ashtown comes across like such an amateur. She addresses the court with no assertion or professionalism whatsoever. And she reads directly from her notes! Like she's a family member offering an impact statement or something!
It's a blessing this was pleased out and didn't go to trial. I can't see her convincing a jury of anything.
Ashtown should be hung out to dry for insisting that this case remain in West Virginia. Should have been tried in PA where the KILLING took place.

1.) Better sentencing guidelines for such a violent crime.

2.) The State of PA would have paid for the incarceration of the defendants. Since Ashtown wanted the trial in WV, think she should reimburse the State for the expese of jailing these 2.
Hannah

Silver Spring, MD

#7411 Feb 26, 2014
Can someone please post Mary's comment from the Team Skylar page? Not all of us have access to it

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#7412 Feb 26, 2014
Gertie wrote:
if they left the cellphone w skylars body...wouldnt they have been able to locate it w gps or a ping or something?
Seems like I read she had a Trac Phone and that they can't be located the way other cell phones can.

On a different note, I don't think it'd be right to post anything from the private Skylar page. It is private for a reason. I don't have access to it either.

Since: Sep 13

Frostburg, MD

#7413 Feb 26, 2014
I just watched the Shoaf sentencing on Youtube, the link is here:

Shoaf got 30 years, I'm not sure how much time she will actually do.

Eddy has apparently already been transferred to Lakin Correctional Center. Her DOC number is 58614-1, she is eligible for parole on 5/1/2028. The link to her page is here:

http://www.wvdoc.com/wvdoc/OffenderSearch/tab...

I have to say I feel sorry for Eddy and Shoaf being sent to prison for so long being so young. I did 3 years in prison myself, I was housed on "death row" for 6 months. At some point, they will probably both be released though, considering the crime they committed however, there will probably never be any type of "justice" in this case.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#7414 Feb 26, 2014
I have access to the skylar page.. what quote were we looking for?
rebe

Morgantown, WV

#7415 Feb 26, 2014
Sunset777 wrote:
I just watched the Shoaf sentencing on Youtube, the link is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =99aDn1NVNMMXX
Shoaf got 30 years, I'm not sure how much time she will actually do.
Eddy has apparently already been transferred to Lakin Correctional Center. Her DOC number is 58614-1, she is eligible for parole on 5/1/2028. The link to her page is here:
http://www.wvdoc.com/wvdoc/OffenderSearch/tab...
I have to say I feel sorry for Eddy and Shoaf being sent to prison for so long being so young. I did 3 years in prison myself, I was housed on "death row" for 6 months. At some point, they will probably both be released though, considering the crime they committed however, there will probably never be any type of "justice" in this case.
Are you for real!? How can anyone have empathy or sympathy for these killers? What if it was your daughter choking on her own blood at the hands of her best friends would you still feel bad? Its incomprehensible how ANY well minded person could feel bad for these two MURDERERS! Don't let the crocodile tears of tthe red head get you all choked up. Instead get choked up over the thought that skylar herself choked on her own blood as they stabbed her over and over again for NO reason whatsoever. "WE STABBED HER TILL THAT WEIRD NOISE STOPPED COMING FROM HER NECK" HOW DO YOU FEEL SORRY FOR SOMWONE WHO DID THAT TO ANOTHER HUMAAN BEING!?!!
rebe

Morgantown, WV

#7416 Feb 26, 2014
taffybean wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't the ADA was quoting from Rachel's own confession when she said that in court?
Yes but physical reaction from Shoaf seemed as if she was disagreeing. She (Shoaf) shook her head aas no when the da stated that
Maybe her intentions were to throw us off or perhaps she was doing it involuntary and didn't realize it. Physical reaction can be a lot louder than verbal and not always meant to be seen. I just found it interesting that rs head was moving in the "no" reaction when ashdown stated that. So it leads me to think that there is more to the reasons then we are being told. Who knows these two crazies could have done it just to be on an episode recreation of csi!
fromaustralia

Bulimba, Australia

#7417 Feb 26, 2014
KittenFromCanada wrote:
I have access to the skylar page.. what quote were we looking for?
Wasn't there meant to be a post from Mary Neese regarding RS sentencing outcome? Thanks in advance
More Questions

New York, NY

#7418 Feb 26, 2014
Hi all,

Have enjoyed reading all the posts. Have been following the thread since the beginning and still have some unresolved questions. I still wonder what happened to the other thread that just disappeared. We never did get a reason for that.

I thought the other thread had some very outrageous comments, which now have been proven to be true. We never did not find out who is the "moderator" of this forum. Comments just seem to be deleted randomly

It has been obvious that some posters were insiders ( LE/ Court employees ) with very specific information and others were SE and RS family members trying to place the blame on the opposite camp.

Regardless of who was the leader, it does not lesson the guilt of the follower.

As we are at the end of this very sad story here are some final thoughts/questions.

At the last interview with MA following the RS sentencing I was very surprised that reporters onsite did not ask for more details. For example
what hard evidence did they gather onsite that could have tied the defendants to the crime.

What did they do with the knives and shovel that MA mentioned at the RS sentencing? Who took them?

What did they do with Skylar's pocketbook that MA said was left in the car? She mentioned it but did not give specifics.

Who disposed of the bloody clothes and where?

Where did they clean up?

Did they trace any calls made that night from their cell phones and if so who did they call?

Etc, etc, etc., there are so many more questions that should have been asked live on air.

It is evident that some posters on this site were either from the SE or RE camp. It appeared they thought by implicating the other, it would make their relative appear less guilty. That is wasn't their relative's fault, it was the other girl that started this.

I think that the prosecutor was lucky to get the confession because if RS's family had the resources, and just sent her to school abroad, they would have never found the body, and both SE and RS would be free today. MA acted like she had a case but they were clueless until they got the confession.

I also think that Skylar's highasthe_ sky twitter handle may have mislead LE to thinking Skylar was a runaway.(Friends and family may not want to confront this, but LE will look at this user name as a party girl.)

If, somehow, LE had found the body, without the RS confession, then the evidence was all circumstantial. SE could have said she was so stoned, and she did not remember what time she picked up / dropped off Skylar. From what we know, LE did not not have any evidence without the RS confession, they only had suspicions.

When I think back to the OJ trial I could not believe he was aquited. It appears that in this case LE had less evidence than that trial.

RS lawyer's screwed up by not getting a guaranteed sentence. She deserved 1st degree for sure, just pointing out if they had done their job she should have just gotten 20, they screwed up the agreement.,(this is not about justice, this is legalese)

As to the Sheila/Rachel dynamic, I fault the friend who has known her since second grade. I find that more of a betrayal than someone who has only known her a couple of years.

I find it very odd that MA and LE are willing to accept the "not wanting to be friends" reason behind the murder. I think that MA/LE have more info but are not sharing, as they are trying to protect the Neese family. This is the first time I have ever heard a prosecutor saying that they were trying to spare the victim's family a trial. Usually the family would want to go to trial to get the maximum sentence. JMO
Opinions

United States

#7419 Feb 26, 2014
0hYes wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. As soon as she sat down one of her attorneys placed the box of tissues right in front of her like, "get ready girl, it's show time!"
"Crying" with her head down, eyes and mouth covered with tissues was an act. I didn't see one tear. Anyone else?
I agree, I never saw any tears. I heard sniffling and lots of covering of the face. When I cry, my face and eyes get red. I didn't see any of that. Given what we know, it's hard to say if she felt remorse or was just doing what she had to do to get the least amount of time.
wow

West Berlin, NJ

#7420 Feb 26, 2014
No way of knowing for sure... i did think her face looked red and puffy from crying though
No Name

Silsbee, TX

#7421 Feb 26, 2014
Opinions wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I never saw any tears. I heard sniffling and lots of covering of the face. When I cry, my face and eyes get red. I didn't see any of that. Given what we know, it's hard to say if she felt remorse or was just doing what she had to do to get the least amount of time.
Completely agree - no red eyes, puffy face, etc. I call BS.
any ideas

East Liverpool, OH

#7422 Feb 26, 2014
I would bet the 'incident' at the juvenile center Judge Clawges speaks of was about Rachel wanting to kill herself.. Wasn't there something on this thread a few pages back about her having a hard time in juvie? Any ideas?
any ideas

East Liverpool, OH

#7423 Feb 26, 2014
Take notice in the video (the complete video posted here earlier from WV Metro News) at 12:16 when Rachel's lawyer is speaking about her 'recommendation' by Patricia, "...recommendation concurs that Rachel has accepted complete and full responsibility for her actions and has expressed genuine remorse and empathy for the Neese family..." Dave Neese mouths the words "BULL SHIT" It was interesting to me, thought I would share my observation.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#7424 Feb 26, 2014
Full Sentencing (ONE HOUR):
Jaimiee

Banksia, Australia

#7425 Feb 26, 2014
No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely agree - no red eyes, puffy face, etc. I call BS.
Also if you were sobbing that much your nose would be running and tears streaking your face. She has the same tissue for quite some time and never does it look wet and scrunched up.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#7426 Feb 26, 2014
Danielle

Annandale, Australia

#7427 Feb 27, 2014
What would the "weird noises coming from her neck" be? I've never heard of that before...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#7428 Feb 27, 2014
any ideas wrote:
Take notice in the video (the complete video posted here earlier from WV Metro News) at 12:16 when Rachel's lawyer is speaking about her 'recommendation' by Patricia, "...recommendation concurs that Rachel has accepted complete and full responsibility for her actions and has expressed genuine remorse and empathy for the Neese family..." Dave Neese mouths the words "BULL SHIT" It was interesting to me, thought I would share my observation.
i saw this too...

also to all the ppl saying RS wasnt crying. i watched the video up on my projector but i did in fact see a red face and tears. she broke down after addressing the court. then she really lost it during the impact statements. i saw tears roll down her cheeks. not trying to defend the girl but i saw real tears.

i dont care if she was remorseful or not and i dont think the neese's do either. whats done is done. i think bc she spoke she angered them even more imo. during SE's trial, granted it was the 1st, the neeses were just down understandably so crying during the statements. it was hard to watch dave talk and it was hard for him to talk through the tears. today he was mad as hell. so was his sister. they were so angry. totally different than SE's. i know its not easy for them and they are going through and going to continue to go through a plethora of emotions due to their loss but i really think rachel even speaking pissed them off way more than if she had just 'sat on her apologies'
Anon

Kirkkonummi, Finland

#7429 Feb 27, 2014
Danielle wrote:
What would the "weird noises coming from her neck" be? I've never heard of that before...
Major penetrating airway trauma, e.g., tracheobronchial injury. The sound itself could be stridor. They slashed her throat or stabbed her in the throat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
miami hurricanes 10 hr pops 6
Wvwho soccer.... Nothing but bridesmaids! 11 hr charlie dont surf 31
Before seasons over no top 25 for wvwho 11 hr WVU Fan 94
WVAQ/Kevin Connoley show cancelled? 19 hr dolli 68
Mylan Layoffs : Are you affected? 21 hr Heather 1
The Herd going for another perfect season Mon Turds B gone 88
WVU young republicans invite controversial spea... Mon Drumpf 5

Morgantown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance