Rachel shoaf and Sheila eddy
James

Guelph, Canada

#5704 Jan 24, 2014
I have never given much thought to whom out of SE and RS was the driving force behind the murder. It seemed that to pick one over the other would be in some way lessening the actions and culpability of whichever one was not the “ringleader. Now that Eddy has been sentenced I would like to share my opinions based on all the comments I have read from those that have known RS and SE plus the evidence and actions of the two once the murder took place.
I think that SE was the one who instigated the murder of Skylar Neese. It is in her nature, she is the master manipulator given a few years she could give Casey Anthony a run for her money. After the murder RS simply stayed away from the Neeses, I would think distancing herself away from facing the Neeses knowing that she stabbed Skylar. SE on the other hand played the role of the grieving friend, RS the actor did not. How warped is that, SE got to see the pain up close and personal and relished in it. This was IMO because SE truley did miss having “her best friend around”. The fact that this was because SE killed her would not stop her from enjoying being the grieving friend who just wants to help bring Skylar home. SE could both separate the killer from the grieving friend ,RS could not causing RS to crack and come forward and confess. SE knew what buttons to push, look how she was able to manipulate Shania Ammonds into her very own cheerleader / internet thug. This was a thrill kill and SE got more of a thrill out of it then RS.
Any motive explaining the murder has come from RS, the secrets and other things that the State mentioned today came from RS nothing has come from SE. SE IMO would not have been as concerned about these types of things as RS would have been. SE’s tweets talked about girls she found attractive, there are pics of her in provocative poses with other girls, she refers to getting high and put on a public forum that she was pregnant. RS the actor on the other hand had another life where she was involved in the church. Having that crowd find out about any lesbian action or drugs, sex booze could cause RS problems, lesbian druggies do not make great church councillors, and mother would be most upset at loosing face for her daughters actions. It sounds like the thought of Skylar talking to the wrong people about what RS and SE were doing helped convince RS to muder Skylar. I would ask why RS would feel that if they stopped hanging around Skylar that Skylar would blab their secrets. IMO this is classic SE pushing the right buttons filling RS with stories about what she said on their vacation, gauging what needs to be said to get what she was looking for which was for RS to agree that it would just be better if they killed Skylar Neese.
born2die

Middle River, MD

#5705 Jan 24, 2014
I absolutely agree that SE was the driving force and manipulator. I think she did talk RS into with lies about Skylar. Saying "Skylar said she'd tell........." fill in the blank.
I do think it was nothing more than a thrill kill for Shelia Eddy.

I don't, however, agree with this:

"How warped is that, SE got to see the pain up close and personal and relished in it. This was IMO because SE truley did miss having “her best friend around”.

I don't think she ever missed Skylar or had any remorse. She cries now for herself like most sociopaths.
Dei

Melbourne, Australia

#5706 Jan 25, 2014
Will shelia and rachel be in different prisons?
Lima Bean

United States

#5707 Jan 25, 2014
According to Ashdown, Shoaf changed her story in December during police questioning. She stated that they didn't drop Skylar off near her residence in Star City, but left her at another location in a distant part of the county. Eddy maintained that they left her less than a block away from her residence. This was the break in the investigation.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#5708 Jan 25, 2014
Wish there weren't a few edits in the video, but here it is:

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#5709 Jan 25, 2014
Lima Bean wrote:
According to Ashdown, Shoaf changed her story in December during police questioning. She stated that they didn't drop Skylar off near her residence in Star City, but left her at another location in a distant part of the county. Eddy maintained that they left her less than a block away from her residence. This was the break in the investigation.
Yeah this was implied during the hearing as well, that SE's version of events had not quite caught up with RS's.

Location hidden

#5710 Jan 25, 2014
You'd think they'd have the brains to stick to a single story: should be the easiest thing in the world. But, as I said several months ago, RS was the risk factor in SE's plan: a weakling who's easy to manipulate but someone who doesn't share SE's "stubborness" when under pressure.
Jen in the UK

Nottingham, UK

#5711 Jan 25, 2014
Mikko_S wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah this was implied during the hearing as well, that SE's version of events had not quite caught up with RS's.
Thank you so much for doing this. Just watching it now.

Location hidden

#5712 Jan 25, 2014
So far this conclusion has been hardly noted by the national media, even FoxNews only has this tiny piece, buried under many other crime news:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/24/wva-teen...

Location hidden

#5713 Jan 25, 2014
Jen in the UK wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for doing this. Just watching it now.
The 20-minute clip is quite a bit shorter than what they aired yesterday and I haven't watched the shortened version yet so I don't know if that bit is there. The stream was at least an hour long, maybe even 1,5 hours.
Jen in the UK

Thames Ditton, UK

#5714 Jan 25, 2014
Mikko_S wrote:
So far this conclusion has been hardly noted by the national media, even FoxNews only has this tiny piece, buried under many other crime news:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/24/wva-teen...
This article in the UK Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.ua k/news/article-2545589/West-Vi rginia-teenager-sentenced-life -mercy-pleads-guilty-killing-b est-friend-deal-parole-15-year s.html
Sickened Observer

Philadelphia, PA

#5715 Jan 25, 2014
Honestly, throughout this trial, I just hoped there was some way Sheila Eddy had not been involved in this brutal murder because it is so hard to accept that such a young girl could do something this cruel and inhumane to her best friend. What happened to the Neese's is absolutely one of the most devastating things I have ever read.
Erin

Nashua, NH

#5716 Jan 25, 2014
Long time follower. I agree with your theory, James. I also think RS was trying to portray a certain image for the college bf. Those cutesy pics she posted of the two of them make me sick. Therein lies the actress.... And she was probably terrified of losing him over "unsavory" rumors about her.

As for SE crying with the Neeses, if nothing else it speaks to how warped she is.
Scorpion

Louisville, KY

#5717 Jan 25, 2014
Long time reader here, only posted a few times. Totally disgusted with what happened yesterday. I'm glad the Neese's didn't have to endure the trial but at the same time I really wanted to see those two exposed.

Thank you to all of you for your informative posts/discussion.

“Take Me Home Country Roads ”

Location hidden

#5718 Jan 25, 2014
wondering wrote:
where are the SE court records that daleen saw that are so public
At the Monongalia County Circuit Clerk, that's at 243 High Street. Its the building with the clock tower. It sits back kinda far so you would almost think its on Chestnut Street. You can view court records there but I think they charge by the page for copies, which in a case like this could get really expensive really quick.
I wonder if youre allowed to copy them with a cellphone though .... Have to check into that one .....

“Take Me Home Country Roads ”

Location hidden

#5719 Jan 25, 2014
I meant to say Circuit Court ... and that it's in Morgantown... The Clerks office is in room 110. Gawd I need a Starbucks this morning...
wondering wrote:
where are the SE court records that daleen saw that are so public
1 post removed

Keyser, WV

#5721 Jan 25, 2014
This case has been shrouded in secrecy from the beginning, I expect it will remain so with respect to what actually took place forever. Rumors and speculation will probably continue to abound. The Neese family's desire to avoid a trial and the resultant guilty pleas will probably result in Shoaf and Eddy suffering less than they deserve.

Skylar Neese is gone forever, but Shoaf and Eddy remain. Apparently, there will be parole hearings that will dredge this case up over and over, probably over a course of many years.

Depravity is nothing new, it is often fueled by drug use. Bad things happen to people using "recreational" drugs quite often, I don't think it's a coincidence.
PA Question

Pittsburgh, PA

#5722 Jan 25, 2014
Someone told me that prosecution from PA spoke at the hearing and that one of reps from PA said she disagreed with that state's decision not to pursue charges - where penalties would have been stiffer. Can anyone comment or elaborate on what happened on that end of things? Was it a request from Mon County prosecution that PA back away from the case?
born2die

Middle River, MD

#5723 Jan 25, 2014
Forget it, PA can't prosecute either one of these scanks. It's part of their plea.
born2die

Middle River, MD

#5724 Jan 25, 2014
Sunset777 wrote:
This case has been shrouded in secrecy from the beginning, I expect it will remain so with respect to what actually took place forever. Rumors and speculation will probably continue to abound. The Neese family's desire to avoid a trial and the resultant guilty pleas will probably result in Shoaf and Eddy suffering less than they deserve.
Skylar Neese is gone forever, but Shoaf and Eddy remain. Apparently, there will be parole hearings that will dredge this case up over and over, probably over a course of many years.
Depravity is nothing new, it is often fueled by drug use. Bad things happen to people using "recreational" drugs quite often, I don't think it's a coincidence.
It's really not that secretive. We know what happened. Why it happened is more baffling because it's hard to wrap our reasonable heads around killing for nothing but falling out with a friend and fearing she'll tell some silly private conversations etc.

I do agree that drugs alter the mind, especially a mind still growing.
However, I don't think this was the reason for Skylar's murder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Connoley Sucks! 4 hr S. Mcguire 1
WVU Basketball , Family Day, Toy Drive on Sat... 9 hr Coach Dana 7
Morgantown Post Office/Carrier Complaints (Jun '16) Fri No way 5
News WV Attorney General urges U.S. Justice Departme... Fri Lucy Lou 7
Huntington earns dubious name on cnn as "drug o... Fri WATCHDOG 3
Wvwho soccer.... Nothing but bridesmaids! Fri wvu fan in somers... 45
miami hurricanes Fri wvu fan 14

Morgantown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance