landlord_2

Waynesburg, PA

#4653 Oct 11, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>
SE cannot say anything unless she is testifying to it under oath at trial, which I highly doubt would happen. Her defense would have to call friends who would have to swear under oath that they were their many times in that exact location where Skylar was murdered, partying with SE. Then it would be asked why none of their false nails, hairs and such(if they have that type of evidence against SE and RS) and why other types of evidence was not present if it were such a gathering place to party. It would be asked why there was no broken bottles and beer can , coke cans or cigerettes and all of that stuff found at this place. Unless the spot that Skylar was murdered was often used as a gathering place it would be hard to state that it was.
I know you are not stateing this is what happened and are only pointing out how a defense can be used to create doubt and I am only trying to point out it is not as easy coming up with a lie as a defense alibi and have it withstand scrutny as it seems.
The Morris Run Road and where Skylar was killed is very secluded. It is not known as a party place. There is another Road about half mile back at Wva State line that is very well known for people to gather for partys. I also think that SE and RS even though they are total Morons would not have planned to kill Skylar and leave her in a place where people gather to party. If that had been the case Skylar would have been found in a day or two...not six months.
_UGH YYYY_

United States

#4654 Oct 11, 2013
I don't think they thought Skylar would ever be found or part of the plan that fell apart was to bury her body so even if they were able to dig a hole that night and put Skylar in it she probably wouldn't have been found without a confession. I wonder if either of the girls knew about the mine shaft nearby? I don't understand why they would leave her so close to the Eddy property other than they knew the area well and knew that no one would hear them or see them in the woods so late at night.
rebe

Morgantown, WV

#4655 Oct 11, 2013
You would think that if tthey had planned it for so long that they would have dug a grave prior. Makes me think that one of the two really didn't think it was going to happen but went along with it once it happened. Just seems that if your going to plan that far in advance that you would prepare. Also since se and sky were on vacation a week prior when did they kids over hear them talking about the proposed murder since it was summer vacation? Another thing about it being summer vacation is it would be easy to break up a friendship just simply by not hanging out with the person or ignoring them ...there has got to be something else behind this motive. The fact that se was on vacation with sky prior to the murder makes me believe she was the one behind it. She probably came home and told rs we have to do it now and in my own opinion I think sky knew something that the other two just didn't want to get caught with and they had to hurry to shut her up.
James

Ottawa, Canada

#4656 Oct 11, 2013
rebe wrote:
You would think that if tthey had planned it for so long that they would have dug a grave prior. Makes me think that one of the two really didn't think it was going to happen but went along with it once it happened. Just seems that if your going to plan that far in advance that you would prepare. Also since se and sky were on vacation a week prior when did they kids over hear them talking about the proposed murder since it was summer vacation? Another thing about it being summer vacation is it would be easy to break up a friendship just simply by not hanging out with the person or ignoring them ...there has got to be something else behind this motive. The fact that se was on vacation with sky prior to the murder makes me believe she was the one behind it. She probably came home and told rs we have to do it now and in my own opinion I think sky knew something that the other two just didn't want to get caught with and they had to hurry to shut her up.
My personal opinion (no way of knowing ) is they talked about it for a long time but had not formualted anything concrete till after SE and Skylar returned from vacation so I agree with that part of what you say. If you watch any of those murder shows many times even with a well thought out plan getting rid of the body many times is just way more dificult then what the murderers thought it would be. That being said burying Skylar under brush in a remote part of a wooded road was working fine. No one was looking there for her and when the snows melted and with the spring rain there would probably be even less evidence then may have been found. It took RS confessing and leading LE to Skylar Neese's remains to solve this case so I am not sure if it can be said that SE and RS made a mistake in that sense by leaving Skylar's remains where they did. Eventually perhaps the body would have been found. Perhaps it would have been easier to correct that mistake in the summer after nature did its work SE and RS could have returned once more and got rid of any clothing or even moved the remains or dumped them in a lake. They were not that far from getting away with murder.
Lima Bean

Philadelphia, PA

#4657 Oct 11, 2013
rebe wrote:
You would think that if tthey had planned it for so long that they would have dug a grave prior. Makes me think that one of the two really didn't think it was going to happen but went along with it once it happened. Just seems that if your going to plan that far in advance that you would prepare. Also since se and sky were on vacation a week prior when did they kids over hear them talking about the proposed murder since it was summer vacation? Another thing about it being summer vacation is it would be easy to break up a friendship just simply by not hanging out with the person or ignoring them ...there has got to be something else behind this motive. The fact that se was on vacation with sky prior to the murder makes me believe she was the one behind it. She probably came home and told rs we have to do it now and in my own opinion I think sky knew something that the other two just didn't want to get caught with and they had to hurry to shut her up.
They would have had to put down the bong and chicken mcnuggets to pick up a shovel and dig a grave in advance. That simply was not going to happen.

The classmates heard the convos during the school session.

Since: Sep 13

Keyser, WV

#4658 Oct 11, 2013
I don't know whether it was posted on this board or not as I don't have time to read through all the speculation and nonsense.

On Oct. 2 & 3 WBOY said "The lawyer of a teenager facing murder, kidnapping, and conspiracy charges in the death of Skylar Neese has filed a motion to dismiss the testimony of her alleged co-conspirator Rachel Shoaf.

Shelia Eddy's lawyer challenges the mental stability and stress Shoaf was under when she pleaded guilty and named Eddy as a co-conspirator.

The dismissal motion was one of a dozen filed Monday by Eddy's lawyer Michael Benninger."

This case isn't going to be "over" anytime soon, I'll post here occasionally when I see something substantive.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4659 Oct 12, 2013
Just speculation and nonsense on my part, but one would *think* that the State would have gotten a "clean bill of (mental) health" from at least one psychiatric professional--and likely at least two or three--before they allowed Shoaf to make the plea. Virtually the only way she can renege on the deal is if there were some glaring unfairness in the substance of the plea OR if she entered it under duress or without having done so knowingly, voluntarily, and intelligently. If Shoaf was mentally ill or unstable at the time of the plea, as Eddy's counsel is suggesting, that would possibly--possibly--open the door for Shoaf's attorney to seek nullification of the deal. Or, in this case, for Benninger to do so for her...

As for the stress--I would hope she WAS under stress when she made her confession and subsequent plea. Being responsible for the death of another person would seem to be a stressful thing. But stress does not necessarily equal DURESS...and duress would be what they would need to show. As long as she had counsel during the confession and plea, and the court did its job in questioning her at the time she pled to be certain that she was doing so of her own free will and that she understood the terms of the deal and what it means for her, then her attorney would have a hard time seeking the plea's nullification. And if HE can't, Benninger can't, either.

From a personal observation, and based on what we know NOW, I put complete credence in Shoaf's implication of Eddy for two reasons---the same two reasons, I predict, that will prevent her from changing her story to try and inject doubt into the prosecution's theory of the case (which is based on Shoaf's statement and any physical evidence they have).

#1--Shoaf didn't HAVE to confess. She could have kept quiet and Skylar would very likely still be where she was found. Whether Rachael was feeling guilty, or haunted by a ghost, or just couldn't live with what she had done, the fact is she did NOT have to go to the police. Eddy certainly wasn't going to do so. And that, to me, speaks volumes as to the veracity of Shoaf's claim that Eddy was there, Eddy was the origin of the idea, and Eddy actively participated in the murder of Skylar Neese.

#2--"We really did go on three."

Social media is going to play a big role in this trial, I think...IF, that is, the State can establish with certainty that it was Eddy and Shoaf doing the posting to Twitter and Facebook (which I believe can be done with ISP/wireless records). Besides, Shelia wasn't running around saying someone had hacked her Twitter and posted a bunch of nonsense crap on it, now was she? These posts will be as damning to Eddy's defense as Shoaf's testimony---and very likely even MORE so, since it's Shelia's own words.

Then again, maybe she was talking about bungy jumping.

And I am well aware that Rachael could have tailored her fingering of Eddy to include the "go on three" Tweet and other info to make the story look good. But if Eddy WASN'T there...why lie about it? They were still the best of friends up until Rachael ratted Shelia out. And Shoaf wasn't in trouble but for her own confession to LE...so where's the logic in confessing to premeditated murder and hoping that by throwing your bestie under the bus you might get more lenient treatment?
I Wonder

Basildon, UK

#4660 Oct 12, 2013
I've heard the rumors that SE and RS were starting to get heavy into the drugs and drink and Skylar didn't approve. I found this tweet interesting. Skylar tweeted this 3 days before they killed her and it could possibly go some way into explaining a possible motive?:
"Yeah I'm the reason why you always getting faded, take a shot for me"
James

Ottawa, Canada

#4661 Oct 12, 2013
I Am Vengeance wrote:
#2--"We really did go on three."
Social media is going to play a big role in this trial, I think...IF, that is, the State can establish with certainty that it was Eddy and Shoaf doing the posting to Twitter and Facebook (which I believe can be done with ISP/wireless records). Besides, Shelia wasn't running around saying someone had hacked her Twitter and posted a bunch of nonsense crap on it, now was she? These posts will be as damning to Eddy's defense as Shoaf's testimony---and very likely even MORE so, since it's Shelia's own words.
Then again, maybe she was talking about bungy jumping.
And I am well aware that Rachael could have tailored her fingering of Eddy to include the "go on three" Tweet and other info to make the story look good.?
Do you really think that this statement will be allowed to be put into evidence? Since it really could mean anything would that not mean that its prejudicial impact would vastly outweigh its probative value?
A jury would be using a statement that could be about bungee jumping as you say to convict someone of murder and possibly life in prison.
James

Ottawa, Canada

#4662 Oct 12, 2013
Lima Bean wrote:
<quoted text>
They would have had to put down the bong and chicken mcnuggets to pick up a shovel and dig a grave in advance. That simply was not going to happen.
Lima Bean, I so wish I had come up with that.
Hilarious !
rebe

Morgantown, WV

#4663 Oct 12, 2013
Didn't the "we really did go on three tweet" was posted to her cousins twitter? I thought when I saw that a while back that it was posted to someone other than rs.
rebe

Morgantown, WV

#4664 Oct 12, 2013
Just went back on se twitter and on April 1 is when she was referenced the oon three and it was with @slexy_ I don't think it has anything to do with the murder if you look at the tweets that day.
James

Ottawa, Canada

#4665 Oct 12, 2013
rebe wrote:
Didn't the "we really did go on three tweet" was posted to her cousins twitter? I thought when I saw that a while back that it was posted to someone other than rs.
I am also sure it was said way after RS's confession to LE, she have even had heard that through LE when they would have questioned her at some time after RS confessed to LE and the tweet. It could have been made with the intent of a sarcastic jab at LE.
What the State is saying that this tweet is an admitance of guilt. This is SE saying she is guilty of murdering Skylar. I would think unless their are other parts of the conversation taken off one of the friends computors that shows more clearly that SE was talking about the pre-arraigned signal it will not be allowed.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#4666 Oct 12, 2013
I hope they don't try to put too much emphasis on some tweets. There are going to be people on the jury who don't understand social media.
rebe

Morgantown, WV

#4667 Oct 12, 2013
So tonight is Uhs homecoming and I have a bunch of girls here getting dolled up so of course I asked questions and rumor has it that the girls did go to a party that night but nobody could tell me who's or where. Just thought I would share. Also from tonight's chatter there was another rumor that rs boyfriend was dealing drugs and sky was going to tell.
landlord_2

Waynesburg, PA

#4668 Oct 12, 2013
Drug addicts like RS and SE never stand to reason with a problem. Addicts just plow there way through life. I would say Skylar had a decent relationship with her parents unlike the two Morons that are sitting in jail. When RS and SE got into the heavy drugs Skylar may have objected and was going to say something to someone. It wasn't pot and beer anymore. Addicts just cant deal with issues. I hope when the trial starts they call SA as a character witness. It will be great to see the prosecutor tear SA character apart.
1 post removed
Rumor Mill

Morgantown, WV

#4670 Oct 12, 2013
The drug rumor seems pretty consistent and keeps coming up. I kind of feel that one is very likely. Going on three could of referred to shooting up, or taking pills, or something drug related as well. Very hard to prove that it had anything to do with the murder at all. That is why I hope what is in the coroners report holds some good physical evidence that will ensure both of them get what is coming. I suspect it is all a waiting game, however, all the speculation on the case has spun some very good murder mystery's regardless of if they are all just rumors and speculation.
Simone

Morgantown, WV

#4671 Oct 12, 2013
rebe wrote:
So tonight is Uhs homecoming and I have a bunch of girls here getting dolled up so of course I asked questions and rumor has it that the girls did go to a party that night but nobody could tell me who's or where. Just thought I would share. Also from tonight's chatter there was another rumor that rs boyfriend was dealing drugs and sky was going to tell.
MB looks like the kind. He was probably using RS to expand upon his high school clientele. How ironic...a future lawyer who was a rumored drug dealer. Lanky a$$ creep...

He def knew about RS involvement far ahead of time. I mean she could only make up so many excuses between meeting with the police, FBI and her lawyer. Come on.
Another Brick In The Wall

Northfield, OH

#4672 Oct 12, 2013
I'm no lawyer but to me it seems they wouldn't be able to use the twitter comments SE made unless she herself testified. They could ask RS about hers and SA (if she testifies) about her own. Because no one besides the person who typed them would know the true meaning behind them. Just a thought maybe Vengeance could elaborate on that.
Katy Did

Mentor, OH

#4673 Oct 12, 2013
Weren't all three said to be honor roll students? It would be tough to be an honor roll student and a drug addic, too. They all obviously partied, but that doesn't make them addicts.

The "agreed upon moment" in the confession and Eddy's tweet to her cousin about going on three and being her idea can't be related. That would have meant her cousin had knowledge of the murder and concealed it. If that were true, she would be sitting behind bars with Eddy right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a good church 41 min Marissa M 3
Nicole Moran Arrested 5 hr fryingpan 5
looking for a doc that will prescribe narcotics 15 hr bullconner 4
Herbal Incense/Potpourri Feb 27 this is sad 8
Colton Balasko Feb 26 Loaded 9
Maleah baber Feb 26 Mrs Friendly 2
Rachel Shoaf and Shelia Eddy (Jun '13) Feb 26 Just a thought 158

Winter Storm Watch for Monongalia County was issued at March 03 at 9:24PM EST

Morgantown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Morgantown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:35 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:35PM
Steelers Release WR Lance Moore
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Steelers Final Free-Agency Outlook and Predictions
NFL 6:02 AM
Brian Hartline visiting Cleveland Browns
Bleacher Report 7:07 AM
Buffalo Bills' 5 Best Free-Agent QB Options to Compete with EJ Manuel
NFL11:39 AM
Browns OC wants Manziel 'obsessed' with football