Rachel shoaf and Sheila eddy

“Take me home, country roads...”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#3681 Sep 17, 2013
Daleen's blog about Shelia's day in court is up now ...

"Hers was soft and uncertain, almost childlike in its tone. I know I had to strain to hear her words. I’m not sure if it was by design or genetics, since today was the first time I heard her speak in person. Honestly, she didn’t have much to say—except “not guilty.”

Four times in a row. To the charge of first-degree murder. To the charge of kidnapping. To two charges of conspiracy to commit murder.

The murder of Skylar Neese. Her best friend."

The full blog below ...

http://www.daleenberry.com/daleenberry/

Since: Sep 13

Keyser, WV

#3682 Sep 17, 2013
I have to say, if these 2 tiny girls did what it looks like they might have done, the amount of deviousness is almost unbelievable. They lured Skylar out of her bedroom apparently to go to a party, that means they drove all the way to PA, intending to kill her, without ever letting on while she was in the car. Did Shelia Eddy "plan" to go to the Neese's house the next day in advance to try to "cover her tracks". If Shoaf wouldn't have ran her mouth, they might have never been caught. Actually, their plan worked a bit longer than Charles Manson's.

There is a vid on YouTube of what I guess is a tiny part of yesterday's arraignment, Jerod Green is visible, at one point Shelia Eddy can be heard to say "not guilty"

College Student

Morgantown, WV

#3683 Sep 17, 2013
To the people who are "upset" that Rachel hasn't been getting "attention", why would she at the current moment? She confessed and she was smart to. She knew what would happen if she didn't. So she plead guilty and is awaiting sentencing. Shelia Eddy didn't, so that's why she is going to trial. Rachel will most likely testify at the trial next month. So you'll see here then.... But clearly everyone will be talking about Shelia considering she's the one who's going to trial, not Rachel.
Jaimiee

Glebe, Australia

#3684 Sep 18, 2013
Does anyone know How long it usually takes once someone pleads guilty to be sentenced?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3685 Sep 18, 2013
Wow wrote:
Everyone seems to have her convicted already!! Innocent until proven guilty is the way it works.
I think she looked hot!!
of course you do Satan!!!!
1 post removed
Mikko

Turku, Finland

#3687 Sep 18, 2013
Anyone else having trouble remembering Eddy's face? I can easily remember the faces of Neese & Shoaf (they have pretty distinct looks) but Eddy just looks so generic.

Since: Jun 13

Charleston, WV

#3688 Sep 18, 2013
Rachel had her shining moment, now it's Shelia's turn. They like attention, they are getting lots of attention.(more attention will be received once their are in prison when some big mamma wants some "lovin.") This is why there is no remorse. They are having a great time--well maybe not Rachel right now, cause, thank goodness, no one is talking about that skank!

Both need life without parole.

And another thing, the lawyers need to tell the little skanks they aren't in a beauty contest and need not to meet and greet spectators with a smirk when they enter a courtroom.
former friend

Morgantown, WV

#3689 Sep 18, 2013
Questions wrote:
I had a dream (nightmare) about this case last night. As I've thought this morning, I'm rendered dumb. I've believed Eddy was the worse in this tragedy, but seeing her in court, I don't know. Here are some questions I've thought this morning.
1) I know the stated reasons they were allowed to stay out but is there any insight as to what LE was afraid would happen if Shoaf was detained?(ie Eddy would flee, Eddy would again kill, etc) Obviously, the officials knew what they were doing but I've never seen a situation where a confessed murderer is allowed to hang out.
2) did Shoaf have a monitoring device?
3) Eddy...too many questions.
Rachel did not have a monitoring device.
former friend

Morgantown, WV

#3690 Sep 18, 2013
curious wrote:
Why haven't we seen anything on Rachel!! just because she's the one that confessed doesn't mean they shouldn't show her in the same light that they show Shelia!!
Are you kidding me it has been all Rachel since May 1st. They both need locked up under the jail. But everyone in town has been baffled as to why Shelia was protected from the press for over three months.
former friend

Morgantown, WV

#3691 Sep 18, 2013
Jaimiee wrote:
Does anyone know How long it usually takes once someone pleads guilty to be sentenced?
It took over a year for the sentence of Kevin Utter to be charged in his murder case in Mon county.
former friend

Morgantown, WV

#3692 Sep 18, 2013
former friend wrote:
<quoted text>
It took over a year for the sentence of Kevin Utter to be charged in his murder case in Mon county.
That should say for Kevin Utter to be sentenced in Mon county for his murder case.
Paul

Charleston, WV

#3693 Sep 18, 2013
Questions wrote:
I had a dream (nightmare) about this case last night. As I've thought this morning, I'm rendered dumb. I've believed Eddy was the worse in this tragedy, but seeing her in court, I don't know. Here are some questions I've thought this morning.
1) I know the stated reasons they were allowed to stay out but is there any insight as to what LE was afraid would happen if Shoaf was detained?(ie Eddy would flee, Eddy would again kill, etc) Obviously, the officials knew what they were doing but I've never seen a situation where a confessed murderer is allowed to hang out.
2) did Shoaf have a monitoring device?
3) Eddy...too many questions.
1. The fear was she would forever walk free for lack of evidence.
2. Judy said they were both under 24 hour surveillance.
3. But only one answer... Guilty!!
Paul

Charleston, WV

#3694 Sep 18, 2013
Jaimiee wrote:
Normally, somewhere between 60-90 days. Rachel has to testify against Shelia. Perhaps the Judge is withholding pronouncing a sentence until he sees how well she cooperates.
maryville

Ballwin, MO

#3695 Sep 18, 2013
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
Normally, somewhere between 60-90 days. Rachel has to testify against Shelia. Perhaps the Judge is withholding pronouncing a sentence until he sees how well she cooperates.
Agreed. I would be surprised if she (RS) is sentenced before she has testified.

Since: Sep 13

Keyser, WV

#3696 Sep 18, 2013
I'm guessing that Shoaf won't be sentenced until after she testifies against Eddy. The prosecution will almost certainly want to call her as a witness and that's probably why Shoaf got a plea deal in the first place. If they sentence her before she testifies against Eddy, she will have no incentive to testify, or tell the truth. If the prosecutors are able to determine she is lying on the witness stand, it may violate her plea deal. I'm just guessing.

In the Manson case, Linda Kasabian was given full immunity to testify against the rest of the "family". She testified for 18 straight days and I think everyone she testified against was sentenced to death.(their sentences were later commuted). Kasabian was released free and clear after the trial angering many of the victims family members because she was as guilty as the rest of them. Kasabian has been free ever since, and 43 years later, the victims families are still angry about it.

Shelia Eddy isn't going to be tried on "Twitter" anymore, it's in open public court with real judges, lawyers, and sheriffs deputies with guns and handcuffs. I think I read there were 7 deputies guarding that arraignment courtroom yesterday to prevent family members and defendants from trying to kill each other. Murder trials are nasty, and after they are over, they stay nasty for many years.
Disturbed and Angry

Athens, OH

#3697 Sep 18, 2013
I am amazed that Eddy was not tipped off at all when Shoaf made her confession in early January. It must have been kept really hush hush, and I'm going to guess that they let Shoaf be free until the end of April so that they could gather evidence on Eddy. Typically, 16 year old girls are not able to keep secrets for that long, which really bothers me about this case. It was 6 months until Shoaf confessed. Most 16 year old girls cannot keep secrets for even a day. How these girls were able to keep it a secret for so long is mind boggling. It shows that they both have VERY serious mental health issues. Makes me think that some of their "friends" knew what had happened and kept their mouths shut. Ammons' demeanor and smiling while being interviewed by WOWK bothered me. Who smiles when being interviewed about something like this? She seems very strange to me. I know a lot of rumors appear on this thread, but can anyone with solid knowledge say why Shoaf was free for so long and why it took 4 months to arrest these two? I think this is a lingering question that many people have asked. Who knows if we will ever hear the "excuse" these two disgusting excuses for humans have for killing Skylar. Eddy's demeanor in court yesterday says it all. She has no remorse for what she has done (as many of us expected) and she really thinks she is going to get away with this. I hope she rots in a jail cell for the rest of her life.
Disturbed and Angry

Athens, OH

#3698 Sep 18, 2013
Shoaf won't be sentenced until after she testifies against Eddy. She would have no reason to tell the truth while testifying, like Sunset777 said. Part of the plea deal, I'm guessing, is that she testifies prior to being sentenced. If they sentenced her before she testified against Eddy, she would have no reason (in her mind) to tell the truth about everything. Hopefully Shoaf isn't stupid enough to lie on the stand when she testifies against Eddy and face a charge for that as well.
Paul

Alexandria, VA

#3699 Sep 18, 2013
Sunset777 wrote:
I'm guessing that Shoaf won't be sentenced until after she testifies against Eddy. The prosecution will almost certainly want to call her as a witness and that's probably why Shoaf got a plea deal in the first place. If they sentence her before she testifies against Eddy, she will have no incentive to testify, or tell the truth. If the prosecutors are able to determine she is lying on the witness stand, it may violate her plea deal. I'm just guessing.
In the Manson case, Linda Kasabian was given full immunity to testify against the rest of the "family". She testified for 18 straight days and I think everyone she testified against was sentenced to death.(their sentences were later commuted). Kasabian was released free and clear after the trial angering many of the victims family members because she was as guilty as the rest of them. Kasabian has been free ever since, and 43 years later, the victims families are still angry about it.
Shelia Eddy isn't going to be tried on "Twitter" anymore, it's in open public court with real judges, lawyers, and sheriffs deputies with guns and handcuffs. I think I read there were 7 deputies guarding that arraignment courtroom yesterday to prevent family members and defendants from trying to kill each other. Murder trials are nasty, and after they are over, they stay nasty for many years.
All of that police presence wasn't just for the evil one. They arraigned around 12 defendants yesterday, all in court at the same time.
Joe Cool

Nottingham, PA

#3700 Sep 18, 2013
Karen wrote:
not sure who the couple is they zeroed in on at the very end. ideas anyone?
That's her parents, Tara & Jim.
Joe Cool

Nottingham, PA

#3701 Sep 18, 2013
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you that here in Charleston, not too many people know about this hideous crime. I ask people all the time what they think of it, and only a couple have even heard of it.
I tend to think that if they change the venue, it will be held in Kanawha County. Just like Michelle Michael's trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 22 min No humor in Howar... 742
Marshall ranked above WVU 1 hr Frank 13
Rape / attempted murder in Morgan town 1 hr Dueling banjos 2
Why doesn't the MountedQueers have a website? 19 hr Genos mom 4
Adult bookstores (May '14) 20 hr Dueling banjos 8
Wvu 20 hr Charlie dont surf 2
News Wvu Bog to discuss futures of Montgomery, Beckl... Sat beverly 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morgantown Mortgages