First Prev
of 2
Next Last
K Rice

Morgantown, WV

#1 Jun 3, 2017
Rumor has it that Belk will be closing their store in Morgantown Mall. Belk was acquired by new ownership recently and have decided to concentrate on the Southeastern states where they have a strong presence.
Le Shield

Morgantown, WV

#2 Jun 5, 2017
K Rice wrote:
Rumor has it that Belk will be closing their store in Morgantown Mall. Belk was acquired by new ownership recently and have decided to concentrate on the Southeastern states where they have a strong presence.
That would be really disappointing. It's one of the better moderate-priced stores in town. With Macy's shutting down in PA, we're left with Elder Beerman, Penny's, and Sears. I'd rather have Belk
Born to Shop

Morgantown, WV

#3 Jun 9, 2017
Le Shield wrote:
<quoted text>

That would be really disappointing. It's one of the better moderate-priced stores in town. With Macy's shutting down in PA, we're left with Elder Beerman, Penny's, and Sears. I'd rather have Belk
Hard to believe that Belk would close before Sears and Elder Beerman as neither of them are fully stocked. Had hoped that the Mall would improve with the new ownership but it seems like it just keeps losing more stores. SAD!!!'
K Rice

Morgantown, WV

#4 Nov 15, 2017
Le Shield wrote:
<quoted text>

First told you "5 Months" ago that BELK WAS CLOSING!!!

Today, it was announced in the Dominion Post that BELK would be closing after the 1st of the year. In the article it was stated that the mall manager has not received anything official that would indicate that BELK would be closing. Can you say "CLUELESS"?

Mall ownership and mall management has absolutely no idea of what is going on at the mall.
There are no real promotions and the mall is very stagnant. Meadowbrook Mall, on the other hand, is proving that brick & mortar Malls can be Exciting and can offer an exceptional shopping experience.
City of Westover

Fairmont, WV

#5 Nov 15, 2017
K Rice wrote:
<quoted text>

Today, it was announced in the Dominion Post that BELK would be closing after the 1st of the year. In the article it was stated that the mall manager has not received anything official that would indicate that BELK would be closing. Can you say "CLUELESS"?

Mall ownership and mall management has absolutely no idea of what is going on at the mall.
There are no real promotions and the mall is very stagnant. Meadowbrook Mall, on the other hand, is proving that brick & mortar Malls can be Exciting and can offer an exceptional shopping experience.
Pay your taxes!
Westover is crap

Morgantown, WV

#6 Nov 17, 2017
City of Westover wrote:
<quoted text>

Pay your taxes!
The City of Westover has done nothing for the Morgantown Mall, except holding their hand out and beg for tax money. Will the collected taxes go towards anything to do with the Mall, Absolutely NOT!

Look at any and "ALL" of the commercial zones within the City of Westover, they All look like slums with NO planning and NO zoning!
City of Westover

Fairmont, WV

#7 Nov 18, 2017
Exactly. most cities and counties in WV are good at one thing : collecting taxes. The services they provide are barely adequate.
Most of the state looks like this and is why few people want to live here.
The prognostics for malls in america is very dim. A better approach would be to negotiate with ownership to lower rents for stores in the mall to help keep it open. Go look at the new mall in Tarentum Pa above Pittsburgh. 85% of the stores closed in five years and someone bought it for $5. Why? The million dollar yearly tax bill.
Pay Your TAXES

United States

#8 Nov 26, 2017
K Rice wrote:
<quoted text>

Maybe the City of Westover should completely take over the operation, couldn't be any worse than it is now and, at least, they could collect the taxes that they are due.

Pay Your TAXES!
Weak Sale Started

Morgantown, WV

#9 Dec 31, 2017
BELK has started their Store Closing Sale but it's nothing to write home about. They will have to get to 70 - 80% Off before I would buy anything.
Charlotte

Morgantown, WV

#10 Feb 1, 2018
Have they closed? I really liked that store.
Belk is Rotten

Morgantown, WV

#11 Feb 3, 2018
Went to Belk today, Sat 2/3/18 - Entire store was 60% OFF.

Yes, Everything was 60% OFF - what an Absolute Ripoff- the Prices were jacked up through the roof!!!!

There should be a Law stating that when a store is going out of business, they CANNOT raise the prices before the sale!!!

If you thought the help was bad at Belk's before, you should see them now - could care less about anything.

Gabe Kaplan

Morgantown, WV

#12 Feb 3, 2018
Belk is Rotten wrote:
Went to Belk today, Sat 2/3/18 - Entire store was 60% OFF.

Yes, Everything was 60% OFF - what an Absolute Ripoff- the Prices were jacked up through the roof!!!!

There should be a Law stating that when a store is going out of business, they CANNOT raise the prices before the sale!!!

If you thought the help was bad at Belk's before, you should see them now - could care less about anything.

And this is why they are going out of business. Good riddance. Want decent prices? Go to Gabe's.
Too much class

Morgantown, WV

#13 Feb 5, 2018
Gabe Kaplan wrote:
<quoted text>

Want decent prices? Go to Gabe's.
Damn right! And they throw in the third sleeve or pee stain for free!! Shopping at Gabe's is like sneaking in to the homeless shelter at night and stealing clothes from the garbage bags.
Polly Klass

Morgantown, WV

#14 Feb 6, 2018
Too much class wrote:
<quoted text>

Damn right! And they throw in the third sleeve or pee stain for free!! Shopping at Gabe's is like sneaking in to the homeless shelter at night and stealing clothes from the garbage bags.
Too Much Class, I bet you're about as classy as a fart in a crowded elevator.
Too much class

Morgantown, WV

#15 Feb 7, 2018
Awww... did I strike a nerve there Polly? I bet you're one of those people who go to yard sales each week.
Belk is a RIPOFF

Morgantown, WV

#16 Feb 15, 2018
Weak Sale Started wrote:
BELK has started their Store Closing Sale but it's nothing to write home about. They will have to get to 70 - 80% Off before I would buy anything.
Well I was wrong, said there wouldn't be a real sale until they went 80% Off.

They went 80% Off - BUT they raised the prices again and 80% Off is still too high!

There should be a law against stores advertising a sale but raising the prices at the same time.

The Mall wonders why it is dying;

>>>>. The Prices Are Too High. <<<<

Belk running- Phony Sale

Morgantown, WV

#17 Feb 16, 2018
Belk is a RIPOFF wrote:
<quoted text>

They went 80% Off - BUT they raised the prices again and 80% Off is still too high!

There should be a law against stores advertising a sale but raising the prices at the same time.

OMG, just got back from Belk's (not much left)

Overpriced? You decide-

Picked up a tee-shirt -$44.00 - Yes,$44.00 for a regular tee-shirt that should be $8.00 to $10.00. Am convinced that Mall Stores are causing their own demise. With the internet, consumers can comparison shop.

All stores now price their items 5 to 10 times higher than they should be & run a phony sale.

There ought to be a Law against what Belk is doing
Mellow Yellow

Morgantown, WV

#18 Feb 16, 2018
Belk running- Phony Sale wrote:
<quoted text>

OMG, just got back from Belk's (not much left)

Overpriced? You decide-

Picked up a tee-shirt -$44.00 - Yes,$44.00 for a regular tee-shirt that should be $8.00 to $10.00. Am convinced that Mall Stores are causing their own demise. With the internet, consumers can comparison shop.

All stores now price their items 5 to 10 times higher than they should be & run a phony sale.

There ought to be a Law against what Belk is doing
For gosh sakes man, stop going in there if the prices stress you out like that. No, there doesn't need to be a law. You just need to stay out of there and chill out. Maybe smoke some grass get all mellow and then go to Gabe's.
Ronald McMiser

Morgantown, WV

#19 Feb 20, 2018
Prices at Belk this morning, 80 to 90 % off. Some pretty good deals.
Bye - Bye

Morgantown, WV

#20 Feb 28, 2018
Belk is a RIPOFF wrote:
<quoted text>

Belk finally bit the dust!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Willow street flooding 3 hr Tard wrangler 6
Women who go commando (Sep '15) 3 hr WVPunisher 12
News Former mall owner suspected of diverting rent c... Thu Donald Trump 2
News DEA conducts raids in Morgantown area Thu Nino Brown 2
Paneras on Patterson Dr Thu Patrick Starfish 9
Wclg Aug 13 LGBTQ 12
Who makes the best hoagie in Morgantown? Aug 12 Rjgold 9

Morgantown Jobs

Personal Finance

Morgantown Mortgages