Date Set for Michelle Michael's Murde...

Date Set for Michelle Michael's Murder Trial

There are 149 comments on the WBOY-TV story from Feb 22, 2007, titled Date Set for Michelle Michael's Murder Trial. In it, WBOY-TV reports that:

Posted Thursday, February 22, 2007 ; 05:52 PM Updated Thursday, February 22, 2007 ; 06:17 PM Trial was moved to Kanawha County earlier this month. via WBOY-TV

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBOY-TV.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
annil

Brooklyn, NY

#148 Dec 3, 2012
1) MOST criminal cases are circumstatial and it's not such an alarming rarity to ask a jury for their findings in such cases. Why? Because by far, most crimes (esp murder) arent committed on crystal clear audio-video tape with a bunch of impartial witnesses standing by, are they? "Its circumstantial!!!" News Flash: Big Deal.
2) People (even people with some cash in the bank already) kill for a whole lot less than 500k, all the time. Dont you read the newspaper?
3) "Reasonable doubt" is not the same thing as "no doubt whatsoever", which seems to be what youre looking for. Well dont hold your breath on "no doubt whatsoever", even if theres a confession- which is why "reasonable doubt" is the prevailing guideline for jurors to follow.
4) In the interest of accuracy, you should change your name from "Legal System" (since its so obvious you know next to nothing about its theory, or about how it applies to crimes are committed in the practical, "real world") and change it to something like "Amateur detective" or "Armchair trial critic". Good day.

QUOTE who="LegalSystem"]It 's funny how many people in this country are in jail because jurors do not know what "reasonable doubt" really means. Based on the evidence in this case, there is absolutely know way one cannot have doubt. Let's look at why. One all the evidence is circumstantial. Two, a Life insurance policy of that size really isn't that much! Three, Where is the proof that she did this? It is merely speculation and a theory. This along would cause anyone to think perhaps someone else may have caused this murder. Four: the evidence about the fire and it not being noticed until two and a half hours later. My opinion, it was a prime example of the prosecution needed someone to blame (she may have done it) but this is about the integrity of the judicial system. Jurors do not understand what reasonable doubt means! If you have doubt as to if someone else may have done this.. and clearly in this case, this has to be the final thought, then this is reasonable doubt and she should have been freed! At least until more evidence appeared. I about the integrity of the Judicial System. It is clear to me that most people are just not bright enough to figure out what the judicial term "reasonable doubt" really means. Look it up in a legal dictionary.
So many here appear just to judge based on what the media showed. The problem is that you are easily manipulated. I'm so sick of watching cases where they should have never been brought to court in the first place due to a lack of evidence. Prosecutors need to be held accountable. Look at the Duke Lacross case, I bet many of you thought they did it too. The truth is that you are far too quick to prejudge. And one day someone just may accuse you of something you never did and your name will be smeared even if its never true. Stop judging unless the evidence is clear. In this case it just cannot be clear due to the fact that there are too many unknowns, lack of definitive proof, and questions in the air.
annil

Brooklyn, NY

#149 Dec 3, 2012
Ps- Using the Duke LaCross case is futile. We all know mistakes are made on both sides of the guilty/not guilty spectrum. However you cant compare the two cases just because the outcome of one of them seems to fit as an example for the totality of the other. They are two completely different cases.
annil

Brooklyn, NY

#150 Dec 3, 2012
Power house wrote:
Shelly probably had help and many people including me thought she would eventually give the name. Speculation is that she couldn't name her accomplice until all chances of appeal have been exhausted. Not sure what her status is these days. Guilt normally eats away at people and sooner than later "the rest of the story" may be revealed.
Sociopaths are essentially incapable of guilt or remorse. Dont hold your breath for that one.
1 post removed
Kelly

Madison, TN

#152 Mar 5, 2014
Beautiful wife, Shelly Michael is woof, woof, she ugly inside and outside what pretty about you must have seem something we haven't seen rugly
I know too

Pittsburgh, PA

#153 Mar 6, 2014
I worked with her. She was not a nice person, an opportunitist , evil person who thought with her crotch. She was more worried how people would see her : better a widow then a home wrecker. You can't collect on life insurance when you ex is still alive. She also has shown no remorse so she deserves even more suffering then what she is going through now. Her biggest punishment is not being in control. The ones to feel sorry for are her kids. Also your good catholic girl got pregnant with her first child out of wedlock...she wasn't the first, won't be the last. But "friend of Michelle" don't make her out to be an angel.
Scorpion

Louisville, KY

#154 Mar 12, 2014
I just have a hard time believing she pulled this off on her own. And I have to say, from all the shows I've seen on this, the ex wife comes across as a little off. Not that I think she did it, but I could totally have seen her being a suspect.
here

Bladensburg, MD

#155 Mar 13, 2014
We need the death penalty
Uncertain

Huntington, WV

#156 Sep 11, 2014
I was in Lakin Correctional Facility with her for about four months. She is quiet and unassuming, but I also think she is so very fake. The staff and inmates cater to her like she is a celebrity. It was well known that she was having a relationship with one of the male staff members there. Her family bring her children to see her almost every weekend. I know that one of the shows about her crime said at the end that her ex-husband won't allow her children to visit her, but that obviously isn't true. I have never been around someone that seems to lack any real emotion of any kind. If people think she is being punished by being in prison then you are obviously very delusional. She is still happily doing back hand springs.
1 post removed
NUNNI

Minneapolis, MN

#158 Oct 2, 2017
U must didn't know her quite as well as u thought...StOp trying to justify her actions...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Grier sleeps with Atletic Trainer 6 hr Loser Filth 3
Morgantown Mall in TROUBLE 9 hr K Rice 1
We Are 9 hr Trikey Blimey 2
Will Grier 10 hr Reporter 6
Belk Closing in Mall Sat City of Westover 7
ayto Fri Gabe 2
Any real women on backpage Fri Wetterbetter 26

Morgantown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance