CBR

Haverhill, MA

#62 Apr 10, 2013
Actually it's not that big of in "IF". Statistics prove it. Your point about immunity and the get out of jail card makes sense to adults but these are kids. They are too young to truly understand what took place and what the ramifications are. They are still young enough that they think they can lie through it until it goes away. What they fail to understand is that it never goes away. The guilt chews away the soul until it finally breaks. The same will happen here, it's only a matter of time.
Hilarity

Bakersfield, CA

#63 Apr 10, 2013
obvious what happened wrote:
I didn't say it was drug related (a term which usually means someone overdosed so if what you mean by that is that she over dosed then you are mischaracterizing my position). What I think I was clear about was that the fact that she is hanging out with the type of people who do (or sell) drugs was likely related to her death. When you are hanging out with drug addicts, you are not hanging out with the best type of people. When you hang out with bad people or people doing bad things, bad things tend to happen to you.
How stupid or how delusional are you about your drug use that you can't understand that simple concept? You are past your teenage years but you haven't figured out yet that hanging out with druggies will bring nothing good into your life?! You aren't Curious in Oklahoma. You are Clueless in Oklahoma.
Here is a clue for you, most drug addicts, given a choice between their drugs and the people they are supposed to care about choose their drugs every time. Those are not the type of people that it is in anybody's best interests to hang out with. All other things being equal, drug addicts are selfish, irresponsible, immature, and sometimes dangerous.
Oh, yeah, but according to you, none of that is relevant to the fact that this girl disappeared while out doing who knows what with her drug addict friends and then was found dead.
Good lord this is too funny. Repeatedly referring to someone who smokes pot as a "druggie" is absolutely hysterical. Goes a long way in describing the sheltered little bubble you must live in with just your vhs copy of "Reefer Madness," your laptop, and your 9 cats as you constantly pour over google for stats and facts to pass off as condescending wisdom. This isn't Pablo Escobar here, it's a teenager who made the same kind of teenage mistakes that most of us make. It's very sad how her story came to an end, but to constantly point the finger at her marijuana use and then make the claim that this is the "obvious" reason for her death is not only ignorant, it's irresponsible and makes it very difficult for me to take anything you say seriously. Just more of this 'the devil made me do it' nonsense. Good for you if you've never touched a joint, never smoked a cigarette, never touched alcohol, caffeine, or any other "druggie" indulgence. We're all very impressed. Maybe when you get minute, you could come on down from that lofty cloud of judgement you call home and regurgitate some more google stats for all us sinners.
obvious what happened

Forest Hill, MD

#64 Apr 11, 2013
I hope the police are not as stupid as the drug users posting here. Her lifestyle obviously determined her death. If she wasn't sneaking out in the middle of the night, she would have been safe in her home. Who she was with in the middle of the night is a further source of danger.

Marijuana is a mind altering drug. Even if it had been legal for her to use, which it was not, it would still be a drug. You people who want to claim she is not a druggie are out of your minds. Please define what you think druggie is? To me, it is somebody who uses a mind altering substance on a regular basis. By that definition, she was a drug addict. She disappeared while out with others who shared her lifestyle choices. How stupid are you not to think that is relevant.

By the way, I don't have 9 cats and I have no idea what Reefer Madness, although I can figure it out based on your post, and who the hell owns anything VHS anymore?

Sheltered little bubble? That is laughable. You know nothing about me or my life. I CHOSE not to engage in the drugs that many people I knew were doing because it was obvious to me that it was a dangerous road to be on. Skylar Neese chose to be on that dangerous road. And the person here who posted here claiming to be her parent, you, and many others apparently think that is a pretty good choice. You are all idiots.
seriously

Pittsburgh, PA

#65 Apr 11, 2013
Hilarity wrote:
<quoted text>
Good lord this is too funny. Repeatedly referring to someone who smokes pot as a "druggie" is absolutely hysterical. Goes a long way in describing the sheltered little bubble you must live in with just your vhs copy of "Reefer Madness," your laptop, and your 9 cats as you constantly pour over google for stats and facts to pass off as condescending wisdom. This isn't Pablo Escobar here, it's a teenager who made the same kind of teenage mistakes that most of us make. It's very sad how her story came to an end, but to constantly point the finger at her marijuana use and then make the claim that this is the "obvious" reason for her death is not only ignorant, it's irresponsible and makes it very difficult for me to take anything you say seriously. Just more of this 'the devil made me do it' nonsense. Good for you if you've never touched a joint, never smoked a cigarette, never touched alcohol, caffeine, or any other "druggie" indulgence. We're all very impressed. Maybe when you get minute, you could come on down from that lofty cloud of judgement you call home and regurgitate some more google stats for all us sinners.
THANK YOU!!!! Rarely have I seen someone so completely and blissfully out of touch with reality as the person who is ignorant enough to blame pot use, regardless of the frequency, for a young woman's death. Could you be anymore daft????
Marijuana user

Morgantown, WV

#66 Apr 11, 2013
First of all, if "a mind altering" substance makes something a drug, then anything could be labeled a drug (including food-yes it alters your mind!). If you drink caffeine you are now labeling yourself a druggie, because caffeine affects your nervous system (and if you've taken any kind of entry level psychology class you would know that caffeine is listed as the most widely used drug). The fact that you "have no idea what Reefer Madness is" proves that you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm so sick of the war on marijuana and I'm sick of ignorant people like you who fall for the propaganda flagging this harmless plant as something sinister. I've smoked marijuana for 5 years and on the regular. I have two college degrees and I am a respectable member of society. I have never been arrested or had any run-ins with the law. Blaming marijuana for Skylar's death is absolutely asinine. We could blame anything. We could blame her age-doesn't every 16-year-old think that she's invincible? We could blame her location-maybe she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time? And, yes, we could blame the party culture. Lord knows that Morgantown has a reputation for that, but I have a big hunch that some harder drugs were involved here. Just don't blame marijuana. People don't get murdered because they were smoking marijuana together and they certainly can't overdosed on it. The worst possible thing that could come from smoking marijuana is that you wake up next to empty extra large pizza box and realize that you digested the whole thing by yourself. Read a book "obvious what happened" for the sake of humanity. Knowledge is a valuable skill and too many people lack it already.
Watcher

Saint Joseph, MO

#67 Apr 11, 2013
I think the point that is being missed here is that Skylar's drug use may very well have put her in a dangerous situation. Unless she was growing her own (which I did back when I smoked...but not at that age), then she had to be in contact with a criminal element to obtain her weed. Now maybe a high school dealer isn't Pablo Escobar, but somewhere up that ladder is a person who needs to protect their reputation and wants to maintain their "business model" (i.e. get paid), so IF--and I say IF--we're talking about an issue where money was owed, then she may have met with violence because of it. There's no evidence of that, as far as I know.

I don't think Skylar was a bad person, or a "druggie" (beyond using that term as a means to identify someone who uses illegal drugs...no different than saying she was a stoner). I do think she met with foul play, related to A) the criminal activity of people she was associated with [either through her drug use or otherwise...such as the allegations about some of her acquaintances having been involved in the bank robberies that occurred in a nearby town]; B) the jealous, petty self-entitlement of one or more of the girls in her circle of "friends," or [and I personally feel this is the LEAST likely option, and one which has not been mentioned that I am aware of] C) a confrontation with her parents over her drug use, or perhaps having been caught for sneaking out...or to cover up some other criminal act.

Skylar did not meet with random violence from a random actor. The behavior and changing stories of the "friends" that picked her up that night show that; if she died accidentally due to overdose, that would have come out by now (and I'm surprised it hasn't been used by one of the persons of interest in this case, since it would all but absolve them of criminal culpability and the fact that her remains laid exposed to the elements for months have likely destroyed any forensic evidence that may have existed). Her friends know EXACTLY what happened to her...whether it was by their hands or those of someone else, and whether they lured her to her death or were merely unwitting witnesses (which I very much doubt).

If you go back far enough on her Twitter, there is at least one comment from Skylar regarding bath salts. I know it's become sort of a pop-culture reference for a catalyst to crazy behavior, but if she WAS using those...they are baaaaad news. Just speculating there, though.

Here's the thing, beyond the sadness and grief those close to her are feeling about her untimely demise. SOMEONE--or more than one person--has THUS FAR gotten away with this crime. I have NO DOUBT that they're reading this now. I can't say anything that will motivate them to turn themselves in (why would they, they've gotten away with it up to this point), but I can address them by saying:

You have NO IDEA what you have done. You're young. You think this doesn't really matter. You feel that whatever led you to take Skylar's life is an acceptable excuse. You don't care about how her family and friends have been affected by this...just that it satisfied what you felt to be a transgression that could only be resolved by her death. Do you know how stupid that is? IF one of your cronies doesn't roll on you...since THEY probably didn't have the same beef with her that you did and will thus be more haunted by feelings of guilt at their involvement and/or knowledge...you still have your WHOLE LIFE to keep this a secret--and to keep justifying TO YOURSELF what you did. As you get older, those reasons will seem more and more stupid...and your guilt will grow (unless you're a sociopath). When you have kids...how will you look at them, knowing what you did? You're as doomed as Skylar was when she climbed out that window, even if right now you don't know it anymore than she did at the time.
Watcher

Saint Joseph, MO

#68 Apr 11, 2013
Oh, and "Hilarity," I don't disagree with what you said per se...even though I think it's deeper than that...but I wanted to say that I noticed you're from Bakersfield, CA.

Small world. I went to high school there, and I hung with a crowd that was more into drugs than anyone else at any other school in the city. You can probably guess where I went to school: our reputation as being a party school was well-known (and still is). My point is, we weren't hanging on corners or buying dope on Lakeview or Cottonwood...but we still did the stuff, and somewhere in that chain of supply there were some bad elements--dangerous elements--who wouldn't have thought twice about hurting us if we did something they didn't like. We may have never met that person...but they were there, somewhere. Who's to say whether Skylar wasn't so lucky...
Hilarity

Bakersfield, CA

#69 Apr 11, 2013
Watcher wrote:
Oh, and "Hilarity," I don't disagree with what you said per se...even though I think it's deeper than that...but I wanted to say that I noticed you're from Bakersfield, CA.
Small world. I went to high school there, and I hung with a crowd that was more into drugs than anyone else at any other school in the city. You can probably guess where I went to school: our reputation as being a party school was well-known (and still is). My point is, we weren't hanging on corners or buying dope on Lakeview or Cottonwood...but we still did the stuff, and somewhere in that chain of supply there were some bad elements--dangerous elements--who wouldn't have thought twice about hurting us if we did something they didn't like. We may have never met that person...but they were there, somewhere. Who's to say whether Skylar wasn't so lucky...
I have a feeling you and I may have gone to the same high school. Go Rams!!
1 post removed
Watcher

Saint Joseph, MO

#71 Apr 12, 2013
Hilarity wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling you and I may have gone to the same high school. Go Rams!!
Indeed. My last year there was 1988 (yeah, I'm old).
obvious what happened

Forest Hill, MD

#72 Apr 13, 2013
Stop playing around with words to try to prove your false point. Any native English speaker knows full well that the term "mind-altering substance" refers to things which cause you to be out of touch with reality enough to impair your ability to drive, ability to make normal decisions, and possibly impede your normal depth perception, hand/eye coordination and other perceptions of the world around you to a significant degree. Nobody is talking about caffeine, sugar, etcetera when they say "mind-altering substance".

So stop being a supremely stupid and disingenuous A-hole by twisting commonly used phrases. If you drive drunk, on drugs, or on marijuana, you will get a DUI--not so with caffeine or sugar. Stop being a dumb arse. Seriously, WTF is wrong with you? Oh, yeah, you love drugs. If you stopped trying to twist reality, then you would have to admit to yourself that drugs are not really harmless and maybe you would have to stop doing them or admit your habit is bad. You'll go down kicking and screaming and lying before you will admit that, won't you.

I don't think that Skylar Neese overdosed because there would not be much reason to hide her body if she did. Somebody killed her. That somebody was very likely in her circle of drug addict acquaintances and only had access to her that night because she was out of her house partying with her fellow drug enjoying friends. Either that, or somebody kidnapped her while she was trying to sneak back in her house. But more likely the former. Her acquaintances and their acquaintances have to be looked at and anybody already involved in criminal activities (selling/using drugs) who had access to her that night needs to be looked at even more. And I am not talking about coffee drinkers or cotton candy eaters just to be clear for you since you don't seem to understand that those aren't drugs as any normal person would define drugs._

What is your next nonsense argument?
Marijuana user

Morgantown, WV

#73 Apr 13, 2013
I'm not going to argue with you "Obvious what happened" because you are so obviously uneducated on the topic. Caffeine is a drug by definition, but I'm done talking about this. I'll just leave you with this quote and let you try to figure out what it means:
"All who dissent from its orthodox doctrines are scoundrels. All who presume to discuss its ways realistically are damned."
obvious what happened

Forest Hill, MD

#74 Apr 13, 2013
You posted to say that you aren't going to "argue" with me and then you proceeded to try to make an argument by claiming that caffeine is a drug (which I guess you are then trying to insinuate that marijuana is therefore no big deal--tell that to a cop if you get pulled over for driving stoned, idiot) and then by using a stupid quote that you think is deep. I'll leave you with a fact--you are a worthless drug addict. Clean yourself up, loser.
Hmm

Roanoke, VA

#75 Apr 13, 2013
Live and Let Live wrote:
If, and that's a "BIG IF", these friends are involved, it's only a matter of time before one of them breaks. The lure of immunity for the 1st person who comes forward, will provide the incentive for one person only ..... the only question is, "Who wants the "GET OUT of JAIL" Early card.
you're the one who thinks they're " fine girls" , you tell us who wants it , I heard one already snatched it up?
wvrules

United States

#76 Apr 15, 2013
I heard she was killed by her two friends of the same age as her, 2 girls that went to school with her
obviously clueless

Morgantown, WV

#77 Apr 16, 2013
It's obvious that Obvious is totally clueless. Not only are they clueless, s/he is kind of a bigot. Sorry to break it to you honey, but caffeine is 100% a drug, you putz. And you're teen drug use statistics are laughable. The stats for teens who try or regularly smoke marijuana are much higher than 6.5%
Since this happened in WV I'm using reputable stats for the state. A 2011 study shows that 37% of high school students have tried or regularly use marijuana. That is a far cry from 6.5. I think it is safe to say that the stats for University High School is much higher. There is a significant problem with drug use at that school.
Experimenting with drugs does not make her a bad kid, it just makes her a kid. Smearing her name on line and acting like a smarty pant when you are OBVIOUSLY an idiot makes you an a**hole. It's fine to speculate, but remember that you are talking about a child and your tone makes it seem like you think she got what she deserved. Quit being self-righteous. You are no better than anyone else on this thread whether they smoke pot or not. Really, there is no reason for you to be smarmy(obviously).
What happened to Skylar is a tragedy. And we don't even know what happened. So quit being such a judgmental twat. It could have been any one of our kids. Whether you would like to believe it or not. So yes, I think it's fair to say that you are living in a bubble. Does that make you a bad person? No, it just makes you really ignorant. And that's obvious.
obviously clueless

Morgantown, WV

#78 Apr 16, 2013
urgh your
obviously clueless

Morgantown, WV

#79 Apr 16, 2013
Legal drugs are still drugs. Caffeine alters your mind just as much as any other drug. Not only that. It's also addictive. You know what's not addictive? Marijuana. Isn't that funny?! And no, I don't smoke it, so your ad hominem argument does not apply to me.
obviously clueless

Morgantown, WV

#80 Apr 16, 2013
Here honey, let wikipedia help you

"Caffeine is a bitter, white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that acts as a stimulant drug."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine
Obvious what happened

Forest Hill, MD

#81 Apr 19, 2013
You are making me realize that the world would be a better place with fewer of you marijuana using druggies in it. Anybody who has convinced themselves that caffeine is a mind altering drug and that marijuana is nonaddictive and safe has no purpose on this planet. You are really a bunch of cockroaches. Somebody call an exterminator to clean out the rest of the nest.
Wow

Morgantown, WV

#82 May 1, 2013
Finally!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 hr ricky bobby 1,262
tenant of smith rentals law suit (Jul '13) 14 hr Tenant of Smith R... 29
Jennifer Ferraro (Aug '15) Thu Billy 7
WVU Baseball beats Marshall 9-8 Thu Sammy 3
Collasantes Burnt Pizza Now Standard (Mar '15) Wed Second Opinion 18
Michelle at Sabraton Post Office Wed Second Opinion 3
Kevin Connoley Sucks Apr 27 Eric MacLogar 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morgantown Mortgages