First Prev
of 5
Next Last
dude

Ardsley, NY

#1 Jun 20, 2013
Anyone know anything about this company? Thinking of renting from them.
Former Tenant

New Kensington, PA

#2 Jun 20, 2013
DO NOT!!!! Mother is okay but son is a #1 Jerk. No matter what you do, you WILL NOT get your security deposit back. They may be the WORST in Morgantown!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Chad

New Kensington, PA

#3 Jun 21, 2013
dude wrote:
Do yourself a favor and rent from almost anyone in Morgantown except Smith Rentals, if you do, you will regret it - just saying.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
A TERRIBLE Landlord

New Kensington, PA

#4 Jun 22, 2013
dude wrote:
Dude - Do yourself a favor, DO NOT rent from these WACKOS!!! Smith Rentals are the worst landlords in Morgantown, by far.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
FYI

Anonymous Proxy

#5 Jun 23, 2013
They're ok. If you're a responsible tenant and pay your rent on time they won't bother you. They're also prompt to send someone out if something breaks or needs repaired.

Stay away from University Prime Properties though. As a woman I felt very threatened by the landlord/owner. He stole $1,400 from me, he's scum and a bully.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cletus

Morgantown, WV

#6 Jun 24, 2013
I agree about University Prime Properties, they are horrible.

If you ever need something fixed, they just show up unannounced and then do the cheapest 'fix' possible.

Smith is ok, it just depends. You do have to haggle with them a bit over fixing things, and your place better be perfect if you expect to get your security deposit back.

Overall, renting in Morgantown is controlled by a few slumlords.

Giuliani is pretty good, though they are about the only one that owns many properties that actually treats you like a human.
FYI wrote:
They're ok. If you're a responsible tenant and pay your rent on time they won't bother you. They're also prompt to send someone out if something breaks or needs repaired.
Stay away from University Prime Properties though. As a woman I felt very threatened by the landlord/owner. He stole $1,400 from me, he's scum and a bully.
Tenant of Smith Rentals

New Kensington, PA

#7 Jun 25, 2013
dude wrote:
Smith Rentals tried to get us to move out at the end of April, even though our lease & rent was through 5/15, so they could move mew tenants in. Had most of out things out on 5/10 and went back to get the rest on 5/13 (remember rent was paid through 5/14) and Smith had thrown everything out.

Still haven't gotten our deposit back. It is landlords like the Smiths that WVU should put on a "DO NOT RENT FROM LIST" and provide to all students.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jessica

New Kensington, PA

#8 Jul 1, 2013
Former Tenant wrote:
DO NOT!!!! Mother is okay but son is a #1 Jerk. No matter what you do, you WILL NOT get your security deposit back. They may be the WORST in Morgantown!!!!
Thank You for the heads up!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Angela

New Kensington, PA

#9 Jul 3, 2013
Former Tenant wrote:
Unfortunately, there is only one way to get a security deposit back from Smith Rentals and that's to take them to small claims court.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Robert S

New Kensington, PA

#10 Jul 13, 2013
Former Tenant wrote:
Below is another dissatisfied tenant of Smith Rentals;

pissed off tenant
Morgantown, WV
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#110 hrs ago

Judged:Brilliant1Agree1Helpful 1
I'm a current tenant of smith rentals and I'm about to take them to small claims. There is a mold issue that I have documented for the past month. Nothing has been done to fix the mold or the leaking pipe that caused it. I urge anyone who is having issues with this corrupt slum lord to do the same. We have rights as tenants and are protected under west virginia state law. From the reviews and rating of this "company", I can guess there are more people going through the same issues as me.
dude

Chesapeake, OH

#11 Jul 13, 2013
Well I'm glad I didn't rent from them. Good for that guy who's suing. I've read multiple reviews on this guy Andrew. Check out dublandlords.com . There is a review where he sent unprofessional emails to a guy wife or gf when he was deployed. Being military myself, I'd have kicked this guys ass if it been my wife. I hope that other guy takes him for all he's worth.
Jason Rxxxxx

New Kensington, PA

#12 Jul 28, 2013
dude wrote:
Well I'm glad I didn't rent from them. Good for that guy who's suing. I've read multiple reviews on this guy Andrew. Check out dublandlords.com . There is a review where he sent unprofessional emails to a guy wife or gf when he was deployed. Being military myself, I'd have kicked this guys ass if it been my wife. I hope that other guy takes him for all he's worth.
Thank You for your post, yes, Andrew Smith must be a slime ball from all the reviews that I have read.

NOTE; The web site for landlord reviews is actually -

dubvlandlords.­com
Pig Sty

New Kensington, PA

#13 Aug 1, 2013
We went to move into an apt. that we rented from smith rentals in June on 7/30. The place is filthy, an absolute pig sty - totally unacceptable! Three repairs that were supposed to be done have not been touched. Don't know what to do, any suggestions would be appreciated. Wish we would have seen this forum prior to signing a lease.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dissatisfised

Export, PA

#14 Aug 13, 2013
Moved into my rental on 8/1/2013 and have already had code enforcement in and they found multiple violations with the property.. have been threatened and had my character attacked by Andrew smith who I have never actually met just received nasty phone calls from...STAY AWAY FROM SMITH RENTALS!! THEY ARE AWFUL AND HAVE NO CONSIDERATION FOR PEOPLE!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Former Tenent

New Kensington, PA

#15 Aug 18, 2013
dissatisfied wrote:
Moved into my rental on 8/1/2013 and have already had code enforcement in and they found multiple violations with the property.. have been threatened and had my character attacked by Andrew smith who I have never actually met just received nasty phone calls from...STAY AWAY FROM SMITH RENTALS!! THEY ARE AWFUL AND HAVE NO CONSIDERATION FOR PEOPLE!!
NOTE; Code Enforcement is extremely backed up, if repairs are not made in the allotted time that they gave Andrew Smith, you will have to call them (possibly more than once). Smith's reputation is such that he will not make the repairs & when he finally does, they will be the cheapest way possible.
Dissatisfied

Morgantown, WV

#16 Aug 23, 2013
Former Tenent wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTE; Code Enforcement is extremely backed up, if repairs are not made in the allotted time that they gave Andrew Smith, you will have to call them (possibly more than once). Smith's reputation is such that he will not make the repairs & when he finally does, they will be the cheapest way possible.
Code enforcement was already in and have been amazing! There were two pages worth of problems with the property and they have helped me out anyway they possibly can... Tammy is the best! So far I have filed in small claims court and smith rentals is attempting to renovate the property but I have since moved out after only being there for 2 1/2 weeks and that was long enough...

I guess we will see what happens in court because I am not backing down just because I was threatened by Andrew smith...
jim lahey

Morgantown, WV

#17 Aug 28, 2013
Smith rentals is the last place to rent from in Morgantown. Andrew Smith is a borderline criminal and he is very threatening. He tries to bully you into what he wants. Dont fall for it and take him to court. Also I know someone who works at his office and has stated they are doing damage control on dubvlandlords posting fake positive reviews. I paid my rent on time everytime and sometimes early only to be told when I moved out that I damaged the house beyond repair. I lived by myself and never had a party there. I won in court because I took before and after pictures and he actually owed me more than my security deposit.
southpark

Morgantown, WV

#18 Sep 1, 2013
Smith Rentals are HORRIBLE landlords and people. I've heard from more than one person that they had thrown all their belongings away before their lease was up. Try Pearand in South Park. They have been the best landlords I've ever had.
dissatisfised

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Sep 7, 2013
Did u have a jury trial or just the magistrate??
jim lahey wrote:
Smith rentals is the last place to rent from in Morgantown. Andrew Smith is a borderline criminal and he is very threatening. He tries to bully you into what he wants. Dont fall for it and take him to court. Also I know someone who works at his office and has stated they are doing damage control on dubvlandlords posting fake positive reviews. I paid my rent on time everytime and sometimes early only to be told when I moved out that I damaged the house beyond repair. I lived by myself and never had a party there. I won in court because I took before and after pictures and he actually owed me more than my security deposit.
WORST EVER----------

Morgantown, WV

#20 Sep 25, 2013
dude wrote:
Trust me you do not want anything to do with Smith Rentals or Andrew Smith. They are the poster child for slum lords. The only reason he never entered my home is because I had two pit bulls that would have tore him apart. He didn't take care of the rental at all. It was cockroach infested when I moved even though he requires you to prove that your dogs have been flea treat (what a joke). I could go on and on about all of the crap that I had to go through while renting from him but I don't think there is enough room to post it all. Currently in the process of a lawsuit and wishing he would shove his rental units up his a$$.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Love the new video board at Puskar Stadium 55 min Jerome 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 13 hr RSM 4,194
where's the backpage girl was 19 year old now 2... Fri man 3
Asian massage Fri Luke Skywalker 2
Places to Fish Fri Westover Fisherman 1
Travis B Thu Human 2
Jevon Carter Aug 16 Ruthie 17

Morgantown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance