Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> Can't stand on your own two feet in an intellectual conversation, can you? Anyway here is a chart that shows the gun violence compared in US cities to the most dangerous countries in the world. Maybe you don't realize how many people are gunned down every year, but there are people dying needlessly. We can do something about gun violence. I don't mean just gun regulations alone either. The problem is complex and we need people that aren't simple minded to figure it out. http://www.theatlanticcities.com/politics/201...
absolutely! how do we start? by taking the military's guns away? They're the main problem...their weapons should come to us before we decide what to about gun laws. New laws need to be made, to ensure the safety of everyone. This should include regulating police firearms. In America, more people die from cop bullets than citizen's.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> Can't stand on your own two feet in an intellectual conversation, can you? Anyway here is a chart that shows the gun violence compared in US cities to the most dangerous countries in the world. Maybe you don't realize how many people are gunned down every year, but there are people dying needlessly. We can do something about gun violence. I don't mean just gun regulations alone either. The problem is complex and we need people that aren't simple minded to figure it out. http://www.theatlanticcities.com/politics/201...
Why does pointing out the hypocrisy of your argument make you try and insult my intelligence. Seems you are the one who cant stand on your own because you conveniently ignore all my comparisons. Why do you single out guns and ignore all the other things that cause childrens deaths? Can we say "AGENDA"? How many gun murders happened in Chicago last year? How many???? How can that be, they are a "gun free" city? If you want to look at statistics look at how gun laws affect crime. Places with more gun restrictions have higher crime rates, and that is fact.
hope

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

MindlessFoxBot wrote:
<quoted text>Why does pointing out the hypocrisy of your argument make you try and insult my intelligence. Seems you are the one who cant stand on your own because you conveniently ignore all my comparisons. Why do you single out guns and ignore all the other things that cause childrens deaths? Can we say "AGENDA"? How many gun murders happened in Chicago last year? How many???? How can that be, they are a "gun free" city? If you want to look at statistics look at how gun laws affect crime. Places with more gun restrictions have higher crime rates, and that is fact.
yeah, and the chart posted is out of sorts with reality. Do you notice they only us south american and African nations? could that be because they are associated with violence? those are actually some low rates lol They haven't included Middle Eastern countries, they have the highest rate of death by gun, for sure. umm...Syria...Palestine..Afgha nistan..ect.
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

MindlessFoxBot wrote:
<quoted text>Why does pointing out the hypocrisy of your argument make you try and insult my intelligence. Seems you are the one who cant stand on your own because you conveniently ignore all my comparisons. Why do you single out guns and ignore all the other things that cause childrens deaths? Can we say "AGENDA"? How many gun murders happened in Chicago last year? How many???? How can that be, they are a "gun free" city? If you want to look at statistics look at how gun laws affect crime. Places with more gun restrictions have higher crime rates, and that is fact.
I don't think it is a coincidence that we have such a culture of guns and a high gun violence rate. Look at the gun violence rate of UK or France or Japan. You are the only one with an agenda. I own a gun. I hate the thing, but I know there are lunatics, not unlike yourself, that can go buy as many as they can afford. You know the only way for the gun industry to keep making money is to get you paranoid psychos out stockpiling a personal arsenal. You make me physically sick.
You are not ignorant. You are just plain stupid. Ignorance implies an absence of facts. You have all of the facts and you choose violence. You equate homicide with ATV accidents. Why are you so unwilling to give up buying new assault weapons? They don't want to take the one you have. They will grandfather in those weapons, and make a national registry of them. Of course to the NRA paranoid crowd that just proves they want to take them. Please believe that you do not have the final say on this issue. The American public supports this. Get on board SUCKA.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I will admit assault rifles and such do make it easier for stupid bad guys to kill and quickly, I cant honestly say a ban wouldnt help a little, but is it worth the price? There are many rights we could all give up that in the end would save many lives. Banning violent movies, games, books would save lives, so why dont we do it? Banning anyone under 18 from riding on a 4 wheeler would save lives. "Regulating" atvs so they only go 10 mph would save lives, or banning them all together for that fact. Why is it ok to restrict guns to save lives but not other things that would actally have greater success? What is flawed is the logic that banning certain types of guns will stop homicidal maniacs from killing people. Why are only guns the target when in reality there are many things we do that harm people. Hypocritical people who are scared of guns and ignore the Constitution want to ban guns. I say we ban those people instead. One more thing, why not let the states and local governments decide? Oh that is right, that way you couldnt force your hypocritical opinions down everyones throat. If you want my guns you better change the Constitution, because that is the only way you will ever get mine peacefully.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I think our forefathers fully expected and even wanted a country full of heavily armed citizens, what they didnt envision what a country full of mentally disturbed pyschos not getting the mental help they need. They also knew there would be scaredy little gun grabbers like "Ignorance" who would gladly trade away their liberties, that is why they specifically wrote it into the Constitution. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!!!!!!!
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

hope wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, and the chart posted is out of sorts with reality. Do you notice they only us south american and African nations? could that be because they are associated with violence? those are actually some low rates lol They haven't included Middle Eastern countries, they have the highest rate of death by gun, for sure. umm...Syria...Palestine..Afgha nistan..ect.
Yea, those numbers don't lie. Our gun violence rates are on par with those countries they named. All of which are far more dangerous than European countries. America is right there with them. That is not a lie. You keep cherry picking facts that suit your cause.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.- Thomas Jefferson

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

I think I will listen to Ben and Tom over some topix yahoo named Ignorance. LOL
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

MindlessFoxBot wrote:
I will admit assault rifles and such do make it easier for stupid bad guys to kill and quickly, I cant honestly say a ban wouldnt help a little, but is it worth the price? There are many rights we could all give up that in the end would save many lives. Banning violent movies, games, books would save lives, so why dont we do it? Banning anyone under 18 from riding on a 4 wheeler would save lives. "Regulating" atvs so they only go 10 mph would save lives, or banning them all together for that fact. Why is it ok to restrict guns to save lives but not other things that would actally have greater success? What is flawed is the logic that banning certain types of guns will stop homicidal maniacs from killing people. Why are only guns the target when in reality there are many things we do that harm people. Hypocritical people who are scared of guns and ignore the Constitution want to ban guns. I say we ban those people instead. One more thing, why not let the states and local governments decide? Oh that is right, that way you couldnt force your hypocritical opinions down everyones throat. If you want my guns you better change the Constitution, because that is the only way you will ever get mine peacefully.
Peacefully? You would kill a cop or federal agent that might show up to take it? That seems like the type of person I don't want owning a gun.

When it comes to video games, I am torn. On one hand, other countries have the games and not the mass killings. On the other, it seems that these murderers are all in that age group that grew up playing violent games like Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty. There might be a need to regulate the video game industry, if research suggests a correlation.

Your whole premise of why we have a 2nd amendment is wrong. That was written for two main reasons. The founders didn't want a standing army, and at the time a well regulated militia was a viable alternative. The main reason though was to protect slave owners from their slaves.

"In his 99-page article, Professor Bogus argues that the evidence�including an analysis of Madison's original language, and an understanding of how he and other founders drew on England's Declaration of Rights�strongly suggests that Madison wrote this provision for the specific purpose of assuring his constituency that Congress could not use its newly acquired power to deprive the states of an armed militia. Madison's concern, Professor Bogus argues, was not hunting, self-defense, national defense, or resistance to governmental tyranny�but slave control." -- http://www.vpc.org/fact_sht/hidhist.htm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> Peacefully? You would kill a cop or federal agent that might show up to take it? That seems like the type of person I don't want owning a gun.
When it comes to video games, I am torn. On one hand, other countries have the games and not the mass killings. On the other, it seems that these murderers are all in that age group that grew up playing violent games like Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty. There might be a need to regulate the video game industry, if research suggests a correlation.
Your whole premise of why we have a 2nd amendment is wrong. That was written for two main reasons. The founders didn't want a standing army, and at the time a well regulated militia was a viable alternative. The main reason though was to protect slave owners from their slaves.
"In his 99-page article, Professor Bogus argues that the evidence�including an analysis of Madison's original language, and an understanding of how he and other founders drew on England's Declaration of Rights�strongly suggests that Madison wrote this provision for the specific purpose of assuring his constituency that Congress could not use its newly acquired power to deprive the states of an armed militia. Madison's concern, Professor Bogus argues, was not hunting, self-defense, national defense, or resistance to governmental tyranny�but slave control." -- http://www.vpc.org/fact_sht/hidhist.htm
You and you communist interpretations of the 2nd are meaningless to me. You are a disgrace to the principles that this country was founded on. If the Constitution is not changed and they came to confiscate my guns, darn right I would shoot them. It is called defending the Constitution, something you know nothing about. IF you want my guns change the 2nd amendment, otherwise keep your commie pinko hands off my guns. I think you should move to China, then everything you do can be regulated for your own safety.
WTF

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

no way any of em
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

MindlessFoxBot wrote:
<quoted text>You and you communist interpretations of the 2nd are meaningless to me. You are a disgrace to the principles that this country was founded on. If the Constitution is not changed and they came to confiscate my guns, darn right I would shoot them. It is called defending the Constitution, something you know nothing about. IF you want my guns change the 2nd amendment, otherwise keep your commie pinko hands off my guns. I think you should move to China, then everything you do can be regulated for your own safety.
This man is threatening to shoot American civilians if his interpretation of the 2nd amendment isn't upheld. My opinion means nothing to him, but his opinion is worth lives. Can we please get this guys guns?
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

MindlessFoxBot wrote:
<quoted text>You and you communist interpretations of the 2nd are meaningless to me. You are a disgrace to the principles that this country was founded on. If the Constitution is not changed and they came to confiscate my guns, darn right I would shoot them. It is called defending the Constitution, something you know nothing about. IF you want my guns change the 2nd amendment, otherwise keep your commie pinko hands off my guns. I think you should move to China, then everything you do can be regulated for your own safety.
You are willing to kill cops You don't deserve a gun. You are the type of person that should be denied a gun. I love your name. I think you think its a joke, but it is true.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> You are willing to kill cops You don't deserve a gun. You are the type of person that should be denied a gun. I love your name. I think you think its a joke, but it is true.
A cops duty is to defend the COnstitution, no cop is going to try and confiscate everyones guns. I wasnt threatening anyone, I was stating that I will defend my country with my life if need be. If the 2nd amendment is changed and they ban all guns, I will hand them over. I will not hand them over in violation of the Constitution because some commie says I have to. When the Supreme Court says I have to turn them over, I will. Until then I will die defending the Constitution and my country if need be. You are a pathetic excuse of an American, just the people Franklin warned us about. You even admitted you would be open to banning video games. Move to China.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

And trust me, if they try to confiscate people guns without the Constitutional authority to do so, I will not be standing alone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.- Thomas Jefferson

They("Ignorance") who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin
EEW

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

MindlessFoxBot wrote:
Welcome to the watch list. You should be arrested!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

EEW wrote:
<quoted text> Welcome to the watch list. You should be arrested!
LOL I should be arrested for defending the Constitution? Absolutely amazing. No wonder this country is going downhill.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

EEW wrote:
<quoted text> Welcome to the watch list. You should be arrested!
You can switch names but the commie shows through.

You have absolutely no respect for the Constitution and its importance and disgrace the people who gave their lives for its creation and are still giving their lives to preserve it. You just casually trample it like it is meaningless. With forefathers like you we would not even be a country. Spineless and disgusting. I am done. I am a law abiding citizen and if the SCOTUS says I have to turn my guns in, I will. Never happen though since they recently firmly declared it was a Constitutional right to own a gun. Anyway the ban will fail and even if it doesnt, most guns will remain legal and ban supporters ousted next election. How ya like them apples SUCKA!

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!!!!!!! God Bless America!
Bubba

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

MindlessFoxBot wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I should be arrested for defending the Constitution? Absolutely amazing. No wonder this country is going downhill.
The country is going down hill because of dick heads like you sweetie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Morgantown Forum right now

Search the Morgantown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rachel shoaf and Sheila eddy (May '13) 1 hr Blazing Saddles 9,797
The Mounted Rears....... 1 hr Grow Up Herd 91 8
Scared about the football situation 12 hr Grow Up Herd 91 9
Westover Mayor Indicted 14 hr Ray 31
Skylar Neese were let down also by her parents Tue Jackson 5
Schmitts saloon Jul 21 AmateurWeathergirl 29
Sapphire Gentleman's Club what about the girls ... (May '10) Jul 21 WVU1 10
•••
•••