Have it

Princeton, WV

#9977 Nov 14, 2012
sville wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical tree hugger!! "We dont care if we are destroying your jobs!"
All you are worried about is a 100 year old tree!!! Yeah that tree will feed a lot of families, right???
Look, she's right. I know because my own grandfather suffered and died from black lung. It was devastating for my grandma and our whole family. My grandma knows what these younger miners and their families don't seem to: The job is not worth it.

If we keep destroying trees, plants, and contaminating the water? Coal country will one day become an unlivable wasteland. We'll ruin our home and all of the jobs in the world won't matter. We probably won't live to see that happen, but what about our kids or grandkids?
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

#9978 Nov 14, 2012
sville wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical tree hugger!! "We dont care if we are destroying your jobs!"
All you are worried about is a 100 year old tree!!! Yeah that tree will feed a lot of families, right???
Listen, Mrs. Hillbilly,(again, I ask you) what good does it do to have all the money in the world and DESTROY our earth? Seriously, answer that. Do you have children? Do you have granchildren? Do you give a crap what we leave them of this earth? If not, you are hopeless and ignorant beyond reason, so I will not debate with you. Until you think about this realistically and logically and can discuss it rationally - like you have some intelligence - I won't reply again.
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

#9979 Nov 14, 2012
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>...Did you have a loved one that died or have one that is suffering with health issues due to working in a coal mines?...The reason why I ask and I am asking you respectfully,is because you call yourself a coal miner's daughter and I happen to be a coal miner's son and I know how it is to see a person suffer so much due to black lung and other health issues due to working in a coal mines...You can't mine clean coal,you can wash it to make it clean but you can't mine it clean and,yes,coal is still very much a part of one of our commodities that is still very much essential to America and around the world and still will be so for a very long time to come.
Yes, my father suffered from black lung, COPD, and emphysema. Essentially, he drowned in his own body fluids and it was the most horrific thing I have ever seen. I wanted to die with him. Well, this is not just happening to people - this is happening to the earth. We are polluting our workers AND our environment with this junk, and what for? Money? The ignoramus above stated that a 100-year-old-tree wouldn't feed anyone. Well, I guess a $100 bill will! If we don't preserve the health of both ourselves and our planet, what difference could it possible make.

Now, on to the second part of your question. Yes, coal can be mined in an environmentally friendly manner - it's just expensive. Here's the thing though ... think of the dollars that owners spend on health care? If they were required, by law, to be responsible, less people would be sick and they could shift those dollars to aquire the resources that it takes to "go green" or as green as possible. There is balance - conserve jobs AND protect the earth, but it costs owners. You know stupid people though (the ones that voted for Romney)- well, they can't wrap their minds around doing this. I hope they are FORCED to do it or close up shop!!!
sville

Charleston, WV

#9980 Nov 14, 2012
Coal Miners Daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, Mrs. Hillbilly,(again, I ask you) what good does it do to have all the money in the world and DESTROY our earth? Seriously, answer that. Do you have children? Do you have granchildren? Do you give a crap what we leave them of this earth? If not, you are hopeless and ignorant beyond reason, so I will not debate with you. Until you think about this realistically and logically and can discuss it rationally - like you have some intelligence - I won't reply again.
You're name calling and telling me to act like I have intelligence? Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!

Have you ever thought that when God made this earth he filled the mountains with coal, oil and gas so that we would have the resources to survive?
Dont worry about replying. Im not going to argue over this. I just hope that when my 3 brothers in law, father in law, and hubby lose their jobs obama is still passing out food stamps!!!
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

#9981 Nov 14, 2012
sville wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever thought that when God made this earth he filled the mountains with coal, oil and gas so that we would have the resources to survive?...when my 3 brothers in law, father in law, and hubby lose their jobs obama is still passing out food stamps!!!
I'm just thinking your three brothers-in-law, father-in-law and husband (along with all their mining buddies) should probably be lobbying for the MINE OWNERS to spend the money and clean up their act - you know, before they pollute anymore worker's lungs or mountain STREAMS! That would probably be a whole lot more effective than b*tching on Topix. Just a thought...

Also, as expected, you didn't answer the question - uh - because you can't. I'll ask it one more time, but I bet I get the same results:

What good is all the money in the world WITHOUT a world? We are destroying it with the poisons from this industry. What say you?
bacon hater

Huron, OH

#9982 Nov 14, 2012
Coal kills people when mined, yes, but it also kills people when transported and most of all, when burned. I agree that there should ne jobs to take their place, but the coal and fossil fuel indistries won't let that happen. We have robots that land on freaking mars and drive around for months. We have the technology and the investment capital to develop clean energy industries, and they would be much more profitable and create far more jobs than fossil fuels. But the dirty industries spend about 40 times more money lobbying against them than they do on payroll.
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

#9983 Nov 14, 2012
sville wrote:
<quoted text>
You're name calling and telling me to act like I have intelligence? Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!
Have you ever thought that when God made this earth he filled the mountains with coal, oil and gas so that we would have the resources to survive?
Dont worry about replying. Im not going to argue over this. I just hope that when my 3 brothers in law, father in law, and hubby lose their jobs obama is still passing out food stamps!!!
Sad to say this comment if absurd yet funny. I do not believe that God made coal but if he did:

Why did he made it so dirty?
Why did he make earthquakes?
Why did he make hurricanes,etc?

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

#9984 Nov 14, 2012
<quoted text>I'm just thinking your three brothers-in-law, father-in-law and husband (along with all their mining buddies) should probably be lobbying for the MINE OWNERS to spend the money and clean up their act - you know, before they pollute anymore worker's lungs or mountain STREAMS! That would probably be a whole lot more effective than b*tching on Topix. Just a thought...

Also, as expected, you didn't answer the question - uh - because you can't. I'll ask it one more time, but I bet I get the same results:

What good is all the money in the world WITHOUT a world? We are destroying it with the poisons from this industry. What say you?
You are right honey, give em hell ...

Only when the last tree has been cut, the last stream poisoned, and the last fish dead will we realize we can't eat money. Unknown Author
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

#9985 Nov 14, 2012
bacon hater wrote:
...We have the technology and the investment capital to develop clean energy industries, and they would be much more profitable and create far more jobs than fossil fuels. But the dirty industries spend about 40 times more money lobbying against them than they do on payroll.
BRILLIANT! Does anyone even know how many jobs would be created if we would just get on the ball and ride our senators/congressman until they got out of the way of this new, clean energy! We could manufacture, install and operate/repair wind turbines for our own power? Also, those jobs could NOT be exported - even if someone (like Romney) wanted to AND it is forever (as long as the earth exists) energy that could make us independent of other countries!
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

#9986 Nov 14, 2012
Bug Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right honey, give em hell ...
Only when the last tree has been cut, the last stream poisoned, and the last fish dead will we realize we can't eat money. Unknown Author
I think I'm in love!:)

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

#9987 Nov 14, 2012
<quoted text>I think I'm in love!:)
:)!!
Lot 6

Dallas, TX

#9988 Nov 14, 2012
I like beer do you?
Nope

Oak Hill, WV

#9989 Nov 14, 2012
Lot 6 wrote:
I like beer do you?
I prefer sewage water.
time change

Danielson, CT

#9990 Nov 14, 2012
Maybe next time
Lot 6

Dallas, TX

#9991 Nov 14, 2012
Nope wrote:
<quoted text> I prefer sewage water.
I'm very happy for you.
Ching

Ann Arbor, MI

#9992 Nov 14, 2012
Too many Chinamen. They're vote don't count. They should not be citoyens and should be deported back to the chinky land of 10 billion people in chyna where they don't use protection when they fck.
1 post removed
hahaha

Washington, DC

#9994 Nov 15, 2012
Ching wrote:
Too many Chinamen. They're vote don't count. They should not be citoyens and should be deported back to the chinky land of 10 billion people in chyna where they don't use protection when they fck.
clearly, u have no idea how to even spell CHINA much less how they limit the number of children each family has. read up a little b 4 u make another stupid remark.
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

#9995 Nov 15, 2012
Can we get back on the SUBJECT? Geesh.
1 post removed
Susie Q

Fairmont, WV

#9997 Nov 15, 2012
I will always vote for democrats. I am a young single woman who loves getting free stuff including rubbers. And the best part is that if my boy friend and I are too stupid to use the rubbers properly and I get knocked up, the democrats say that it is ok to get an abortion and kill the baby. Wow, what a great party!
OWTF

United States

#9998 Nov 15, 2012
Susie Q wrote:
I will always vote for democrats. I am a young single woman who loves getting free stuff including rubbers. And the best part is that if my boy friend and I are too stupid to use the rubbers properly and I get knocked up, the democrats say that it is ok to get an abortion and kill the baby. Wow, what a great party
First of all it has been reported that 67% of the people that voted for Romney are on some type of government assistance. No one forces you and your idiot(has to be if he is with you)boyfriend to get an abortion; that is your decision to make, so if you consider it murder than that makes you the murderer. 95% of the time it is the man in this situation that demands his girlfriend/wife get an abortion so I don't imagine it matters whether he is a Democrat or Republican. What matters is if he is man enough to accept the responsibility. In your case it would be to the childs benefit not to be born into a ignorant family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Luck Leaving Sinking Ship. 2 hr YaRight 21
Hoppy Kerchival 7 hr Voter 36
Rachel shoaf and Sheila eddy (May '13) 9 hr sssss 10,763
shannon riley R.I.P Baby Girl (Jan '12) 20 hr them 9
Trailer Parks/ Rent to own trailer? (Dec '11) Dec 20 Jenny gabbert 8
why is nobody talking about Mitch Brozik.. (May '14) Dec 19 TheDude 8
Worst Middle School In Morgantown Area? Dec 18 Arthur T 6
Morgantown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web