Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virginia in 2010?

Posted in the Morgantown Forum

Comments (Page 460)

Showing posts 9,181 - 9,200 of51,791
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Brainwashed

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Obama needs to thank FOX news and all the arrogante self centered people Rush,Hannity,Beck that got him elected again.
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

WV miner wrote:
...Obama would rather Coal be gone today if he could go green...I am sure I don't stand alone when I say If you don't like Coal Country LEAVE IT so we can all be happy.
EVERYONE with one brain cell in their heads wants the EXACT SAME THING - for coal to be GONE - if it can't be mined in an environmentally responsible manner. What good is a job if you KILL your environment? Pull your head out of your ass, Redneck, and take a look at the big picture. Your industry is destroying our earth. We don't care if we are destroying your jobs! Money can buy a lot of things, but it can't buy a 100-year-old-tree, clean streams teaming with the fish I'm sure you love to catch, or meadows and pastures and mountaintops where WILDLIFE I'm sure you love to HUNT can live and thrive. It's a circle, Buddy, and if we destroy it, we have nothing anyway. Geesh! Again, I grew up in coal country and my family survived on the money my father brought home from those mines. Know where he is now? In an early GRAVE - because of the poison - just like our earth will be if we keep dumping those same toxins into HER!
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

facts wrote:
Obama won because all the latinos and blacks voted for him. The latinos knew Romney would send them packing and for most blacks that voted for him it was all about race!!!
Hopefully when they get the investigation done on Lybia he will be impeached!!! It's our ONLY HOPE!
You are definitely CLUELESS so I marked you that way! Obama also had women's votes as well - well, smart women's votes anyway. If Romney had become president, what good do you think would have come from it? Do you REALLY think Romney cared about WV Coal Miners? Get real! He cared about being elected. Then he, like any other president, would have been FORCED to "go green" by the Environmental Protection Agency and those jobs would be GONE anyway - just like the ones his company outsourced to other countries. He is a BILLIONAIRE and his heart is with the rich - always has been and always will be. WAKE UP!
sville

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Coal Miners Daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are definitely CLUELESS so I marked you that way! Obama also had women's votes as well - well, smart women's votes anyway. If Romney had become president, what good do you think would have come from it? Do you REALLY think Romney cared about WV Coal Miners? Get real! He cared about being elected. Then he, like any other president, would have been FORCED to "go green" by the Environmental Protection Agency and those jobs would be GONE anyway - just like the ones his company outsourced to other countries. He is a BILLIONAIRE and his heart is with the rich - always has been and always will be. WAKE UP!
Oh no!!! You 'marked' me that way?? My day is ruined now!! LMAO
Before you go cutting all the mining and power plant jobs, there should be good jobs in place of them...I don't see anything out there. If my hubby lost his job at the power plant, we'd be forced to move away.
I guess if Romney is for the rich, Obama is definitely for the poor.... high unemployment, almost doubled national debt and more people on welfare than ever.... yeah, that's how you get the economy going, right??
sville

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
EVERYONE with one brain cell in their heads wants the EXACT SAME THING - for coal to be GONE - if it can't be mined in an environmentally responsible manner. What good is a job if you KILL your environment? Pull your head out of your ass, Redneck, and take a look at the big picture. Your industry is destroying our earth. We don't care if we are destroying your jobs! Money can buy a lot of things, but it can't buy a 100-year-old-tree, clean streams teaming with the fish I'm sure you love to catch, or meadows and pastures and mountaintops where WILDLIFE I'm sure you love to HUNT can live and thrive. It's a circle, Buddy, and if we destroy it, we have nothing anyway. Geesh! Again, I grew up in coal country and my family survived on the money my father brought home from those mines. Know where he is now? In an early GRAVE - because of the poison - just like our earth will be if we keep dumping those same toxins into HER!
Typical tree hugger!! "We dont care if we are destroying your jobs!"
All you are worried about is a 100 year old tree!!! Yeah that tree will feed a lot of families, right???

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Did you have a loved one that died or have one that is suffering with health issues due to working in a coal mines?
The reason why I ask and I am asking you respectfully,is because you call yourself a coal miner's daughter and I happen to be a coal miner's son and I know how it is to see a person suffer so much due to black lung and other health issues due to working in a coal mines.
Its very heartbreaking and it does make you frustrated and sometimes even mad when you see a loved one suffer like that and there is very little to nothing you can do about it and then you have those like US Steel and other big companies who are very reluctant to pay what is due and what is owed to a miner that has worked with a company for many years.
Its been said that US Steel will pay their lawyers millions of dollars to beat a miner out of or keep from paying a miner thousands of dollars that they do so owe.
Also,and I don't mind being corrected if I'm wrong about this one,from the time coal is mined until it reaches the cleaning plant there is no way it can be clean.
You can't mine clean coal,you can wash it to make it clean but you can't mine it clean and,yes,coal is still very much a part of one of our commodities that is still very much essential to America and around the world and still will be so for a very long time to come.
Have it

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

sville wrote:
<quoted text>
All you are worried about is a 100 year old tree!!! Yeah that tree will feed a lot of families, right???
Look, she's right. I know because my own grandfather suffered and died from black lung. It was devastating for my grandma and our whole family. My grandma knows what these younger miners and their families don't seem to: The job is not worth it.

If we keep destroying trees, plants, and contaminating the water? Coal country will one day become an unlivable wasteland. We'll ruin our home and all of the jobs in the world won't matter. We probably won't live to see that happen, but what about our kids or grandkids?
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

sville wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, Mrs. Hillbilly,(again, I ask you) what good does it do to have all the money in the world and DESTROY our earth? Seriously, answer that. Do you have children? Do you have granchildren? Do you give a crap what we leave them of this earth? If not, you are hopeless and ignorant beyond reason, so I will not debate with you. Until you think about this realistically and logically and can discuss it rationally - like you have some intelligence - I won't reply again.
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>...Did you have a loved one that died or have one that is suffering with health issues due to working in a coal mines?...The reason why I ask and I am asking you respectfully,is because you call yourself a coal miner's daughter and I happen to be a coal miner's son and I know how it is to see a person suffer so much due to black lung and other health issues due to working in a coal mines...You can't mine clean coal,you can wash it to make it clean but you can't mine it clean and,yes,coal is still very much a part of one of our commodities that is still very much essential to America and around the world and still will be so for a very long time to come.
Yes, my father suffered from black lung, COPD, and emphysema. Essentially, he drowned in his own body fluids and it was the most horrific thing I have ever seen. I wanted to die with him. Well, this is not just happening to people - this is happening to the earth. We are polluting our workers AND our environment with this junk, and what for? Money? The ignoramus above stated that a 100-year-old-tree wouldn't feed anyone. Well, I guess a $100 bill will! If we don't preserve the health of both ourselves and our planet, what difference could it possible make.

Now, on to the second part of your question. Yes, coal can be mined in an environmentally friendly manner - it's just expensive. Here's the thing though ... think of the dollars that owners spend on health care? If they were required, by law, to be responsible, less people would be sick and they could shift those dollars to aquire the resources that it takes to "go green" or as green as possible. There is balance - conserve jobs AND protect the earth, but it costs owners. You know stupid people though (the ones that voted for Romney)- well, they can't wrap their minds around doing this. I hope they are FORCED to do it or close up shop!!!
sville

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Listen, Mrs. Hillbilly,(again, I ask you) what good does it do to have all the money in the world and DESTROY our earth? Seriously, answer that. Do you have children? Do you have granchildren? Do you give a crap what we leave them of this earth? If not, you are hopeless and ignorant beyond reason, so I will not debate with you. Until you think about this realistically and logically and can discuss it rationally - like you have some intelligence - I won't reply again.
You're name calling and telling me to act like I have intelligence? Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!

Have you ever thought that when God made this earth he filled the mountains with coal, oil and gas so that we would have the resources to survive?
Dont worry about replying. Im not going to argue over this. I just hope that when my 3 brothers in law, father in law, and hubby lose their jobs obama is still passing out food stamps!!!
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

sville wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever thought that when God made this earth he filled the mountains with coal, oil and gas so that we would have the resources to survive?...when my 3 brothers in law, father in law, and hubby lose their jobs obama is still passing out food stamps!!!
I'm just thinking your three brothers-in-law, father-in-law and husband (along with all their mining buddies) should probably be lobbying for the MINE OWNERS to spend the money and clean up their act - you know, before they pollute anymore worker's lungs or mountain STREAMS! That would probably be a whole lot more effective than b*tching on Topix. Just a thought...

Also, as expected, you didn't answer the question - uh - because you can't. I'll ask it one more time, but I bet I get the same results:

What good is all the money in the world WITHOUT a world? We are destroying it with the poisons from this industry. What say you?
bacon hater

Massillon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Coal kills people when mined, yes, but it also kills people when transported and most of all, when burned. I agree that there should ne jobs to take their place, but the coal and fossil fuel indistries won't let that happen. We have robots that land on freaking mars and drive around for months. We have the technology and the investment capital to develop clean energy industries, and they would be much more profitable and create far more jobs than fossil fuels. But the dirty industries spend about 40 times more money lobbying against them than they do on payroll.
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

sville wrote:
<quoted text>
You're name calling and telling me to act like I have intelligence? Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!
Have you ever thought that when God made this earth he filled the mountains with coal, oil and gas so that we would have the resources to survive?
Dont worry about replying. Im not going to argue over this. I just hope that when my 3 brothers in law, father in law, and hubby lose their jobs obama is still passing out food stamps!!!
Sad to say this comment if absurd yet funny. I do not believe that God made coal but if he did:

Why did he made it so dirty?
Why did he make earthquakes?
Why did he make hurricanes,etc?

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I'm just thinking your three brothers-in-law, father-in-law and husband (along with all their mining buddies) should probably be lobbying for the MINE OWNERS to spend the money and clean up their act - you know, before they pollute anymore worker's lungs or mountain STREAMS! That would probably be a whole lot more effective than b*tching on Topix. Just a thought...

Also, as expected, you didn't answer the question - uh - because you can't. I'll ask it one more time, but I bet I get the same results:

What good is all the money in the world WITHOUT a world? We are destroying it with the poisons from this industry. What say you?
You are right honey, give em hell ...

Only when the last tree has been cut, the last stream poisoned, and the last fish dead will we realize we can't eat money. Unknown Author
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

bacon hater wrote:
...We have the technology and the investment capital to develop clean energy industries, and they would be much more profitable and create far more jobs than fossil fuels. But the dirty industries spend about 40 times more money lobbying against them than they do on payroll.
BRILLIANT! Does anyone even know how many jobs would be created if we would just get on the ball and ride our senators/congressman until they got out of the way of this new, clean energy! We could manufacture, install and operate/repair wind turbines for our own power? Also, those jobs could NOT be exported - even if someone (like Romney) wanted to AND it is forever (as long as the earth exists) energy that could make us independent of other countries!
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Bug Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right honey, give em hell ...
Only when the last tree has been cut, the last stream poisoned, and the last fish dead will we realize we can't eat money. Unknown Author
I think I'm in love!:)

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I think I'm in love!:)
:)!!
Lot 6

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

I like beer do you?
Nope

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Lot 6 wrote:
I like beer do you?
I prefer sewage water.
time change

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Maybe next time

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,181 - 9,200 of51,791
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Morgantown Forum right now

Search the Morgantown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Rachel shoaf and Sheila eddy (May '13) 2 hr Darwin 9,633
WVU Football Players on watch list.... 9 hr The Punisher 1
Wvwho season tickets are at a 9 year low 18 hr charlie dont surf 2
Expose Morgantown Slumlords Wed gino 11
Black Bear Burritos Lawsuit? (Jan '14) Wed gino 11
West Virginia Mountaineers Football: Strength T... Wed Herd 91 2
Schmitts saloon Wed The Punisher 16
•••
•••