Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Joe

Dallas, TX

#9957 Nov 10, 2012
"For me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus's teaching that for unto whom much is given, much shall be required," Obama said, quoting the Gospel of Luke....
Q

Williamson, WV

#9958 Nov 11, 2012
Truth For Legume wrote:
<quoted text>Still not getting it, huh?

Here's what you need to learn from Romney's defeat.

1.) Reality does, in fact, trump bullshyt every time, but go ahead and keep your head buried in the Fox News hole repeating their lies. It proves nothing other than the fact that you willingly choose to remain ignorant.

2.) Science is real. All the faith in the world won't change that.

3.) The face of America is changing. The party needs to broaden its appeal to minorities and women.

4.) Keep your friggin' nose out of women's reproductive rights. If you don't want an abortion, don't get one, but don't assume you have the right to tell EVERYONE how to live.

5.) Doubling down on BS does not...I repeat, DOES NOT improve your chances of winning an election.

6.) If your stated goal is to make a president fail and you go about achieving that goal by blocking every single piece of legislation he or his party puts on the table WITHOUT offering a reasonable compromise, it might just backfire in your face.

Hope that helps. See you in 2016. Bring a candidate next time. K?
I couldn't have said it better myself, thank you.
Q

Williamson, WV

#9959 Nov 11, 2012
blah blah wrote:
Lets just see where we are at in two years from now. Will we be better off with more jobs and on the right track ? Time will tell . If not I am sure we can find a list of people they can blame it on.
Sorry, but it will be 2 yrs. before the republicans that filibuster everything that the country needs done will be up for re-election. If they don't work with the President & congress they will have to be voted out too. Washington will be in grid-lock the next 2 yrs. to make the Dems look bad.

“You only think that you know”

Since: Feb 10

but you're not even close.

#9960 Nov 11, 2012
Q wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but it will be 2 yrs. before the republicans that filibuster everything that the country needs done will be up for re-election. If they don't work with the President & congress they will have to be voted out too. Washington will be in grid-lock the next 2 yrs. to make the Dems look bad.
How can Congress work with a president that blames everything on everyone else but himself?
Both sides are guilty of this,Republican and Democrat.
A sitting Democrat president will blame everything wrong on the Republican Congress and when a Republican president comes along he will place blame on the Democrat Congress.
Very little does both sides come to an agreement besides agreeing to disagree.
Keep in mind that no matter what decision they make in Washington it will have little to no affect on them but it will be devastating for the rest of the country.
In addition,no matter what good comes out of DC politics there will always be a hefty price to pay for it and we,as Americans,will always be left with the bill to pay for it.
Lacey

UK

#9961 Nov 11, 2012
Check this out bin laden pictured in ukhttp://adf.ly/EfbCH
Lacey

UK

#9962 Nov 11, 2012
dave x

Charleston, WV

#9963 Nov 11, 2012
don't waste time trying to explain things to the low info. voters or livs.
2 posts removed
facts

Charleston, WV

#9966 Nov 12, 2012
Truth For Legume wrote:
<quoted text>
Still not getting it, huh?
Here's what you need to learn from Romney's defeat.
1.) Reality does, in fact, trump bullshyt every time, but go ahead and keep your head buried in the Fox News hole repeating their lies. It proves nothing other than the fact that you willingly choose to remain ignorant.
2.) Science is real. All the faith in the world won't change that.
3.) The face of America is changing. The party needs to broaden its appeal to minorities and women.
4.) Keep your friggin' nose out of women's reproductive rights. If you don't want an abortion, don't get one, but don't assume you have the right to tell EVERYONE how to live.
5.) Doubling down on BS does not...I repeat, DOES NOT improve your chances of winning an election.
6.) If your stated goal is to make a president fail and you go about achieving that goal by blocking every single piece of legislation he or his party puts on the table WITHOUT offering a reasonable compromise, it might just backfire in your face.
Hope that helps. See you in 2016. Bring a candidate next time. K?
Keep my nose out if womens reproductive rights???? That is some bullsh*t!!! I AM a woman, but I guess the difference between myself and the liberals is that I was taught to be RESPONSIBLE!!! Keep your legs closed if your not willing to take responsibility for the possible consequences!!
truth2

Oak Hill, WV

#9967 Nov 12, 2012
silly wrote:
can as some call him old joe stand up against his liberals president. Obama is the first democrate president I have voted against. old joe is just too chummy with obama. He tried to get us to vote for him last time and polls showed him way behind mccain but old joe charged ahead obama all the way-no can not trust obama's old joe
Has it ever occurred too you that when it was said that Joe was too close to Obama that it encouraged Democrats and many Independents to vote for him?
Q

Williamson, WV

#9968 Nov 12, 2012
Joey wrote:
Romney was way ahead of Obama news went to break, came back and said Obama won before the voting was done.
Well when Daflorida takes 4 days to count the vote what do u expect. There was no mathematical way he could have won. They were Hopeing that Romney needed FL to give him the election, but Obama didn't need FL for the win. No cheating, like was done to Al Gore. The right wing Supreme Court gave the election to W. Who got us in the mess we r n anyway.
1 post removed
wondering

Charleston, WV

#9970 Nov 13, 2012
Hey People the ELECTION IS OVER. SO YOU ALL NEED TO GET OVER IT FOR ANOTHER FOUR YEARS. OK!!!!!!!!
Brainwashed

Alderson, WV

#9971 Nov 14, 2012
Obama needs to thank FOX news and all the arrogante self centered people Rush,Hannity,Beck that got him elected again.
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

#9972 Nov 14, 2012
WV miner wrote:
...Obama would rather Coal be gone today if he could go green...I am sure I don't stand alone when I say If you don't like Coal Country LEAVE IT so we can all be happy.
EVERYONE with one brain cell in their heads wants the EXACT SAME THING - for coal to be GONE - if it can't be mined in an environmentally responsible manner. What good is a job if you KILL your environment? Pull your head out of your ass, Redneck, and take a look at the big picture. Your industry is destroying our earth. We don't care if we are destroying your jobs! Money can buy a lot of things, but it can't buy a 100-year-old-tree, clean streams teaming with the fish I'm sure you love to catch, or meadows and pastures and mountaintops where WILDLIFE I'm sure you love to HUNT can live and thrive. It's a circle, Buddy, and if we destroy it, we have nothing anyway. Geesh! Again, I grew up in coal country and my family survived on the money my father brought home from those mines. Know where he is now? In an early GRAVE - because of the poison - just like our earth will be if we keep dumping those same toxins into HER!
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

#9973 Nov 14, 2012
facts wrote:
Obama won because all the latinos and blacks voted for him. The latinos knew Romney would send them packing and for most blacks that voted for him it was all about race!!!
Hopefully when they get the investigation done on Lybia he will be impeached!!! It's our ONLY HOPE!
You are definitely CLUELESS so I marked you that way! Obama also had women's votes as well - well, smart women's votes anyway. If Romney had become president, what good do you think would have come from it? Do you REALLY think Romney cared about WV Coal Miners? Get real! He cared about being elected. Then he, like any other president, would have been FORCED to "go green" by the Environmental Protection Agency and those jobs would be GONE anyway - just like the ones his company outsourced to other countries. He is a BILLIONAIRE and his heart is with the rich - always has been and always will be. WAKE UP!
sville

Charleston, WV

#9974 Nov 14, 2012
Coal Miners Daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are definitely CLUELESS so I marked you that way! Obama also had women's votes as well - well, smart women's votes anyway. If Romney had become president, what good do you think would have come from it? Do you REALLY think Romney cared about WV Coal Miners? Get real! He cared about being elected. Then he, like any other president, would have been FORCED to "go green" by the Environmental Protection Agency and those jobs would be GONE anyway - just like the ones his company outsourced to other countries. He is a BILLIONAIRE and his heart is with the rich - always has been and always will be. WAKE UP!
Oh no!!! You 'marked' me that way?? My day is ruined now!! LMAO
Before you go cutting all the mining and power plant jobs, there should be good jobs in place of them...I don't see anything out there. If my hubby lost his job at the power plant, we'd be forced to move away.
I guess if Romney is for the rich, Obama is definitely for the poor.... high unemployment, almost doubled national debt and more people on welfare than ever.... yeah, that's how you get the economy going, right??
sville

Charleston, WV

#9975 Nov 14, 2012
<quoted text>
EVERYONE with one brain cell in their heads wants the EXACT SAME THING - for coal to be GONE - if it can't be mined in an environmentally responsible manner. What good is a job if you KILL your environment? Pull your head out of your ass, Redneck, and take a look at the big picture. Your industry is destroying our earth. We don't care if we are destroying your jobs! Money can buy a lot of things, but it can't buy a 100-year-old-tree, clean streams teaming with the fish I'm sure you love to catch, or meadows and pastures and mountaintops where WILDLIFE I'm sure you love to HUNT can live and thrive. It's a circle, Buddy, and if we destroy it, we have nothing anyway. Geesh! Again, I grew up in coal country and my family survived on the money my father brought home from those mines. Know where he is now? In an early GRAVE - because of the poison - just like our earth will be if we keep dumping those same toxins into HER!
Typical tree hugger!! "We dont care if we are destroying your jobs!"
All you are worried about is a 100 year old tree!!! Yeah that tree will feed a lot of families, right???

“You only think that you know”

Since: Feb 10

but you're not even close.

#9976 Nov 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Did you have a loved one that died or have one that is suffering with health issues due to working in a coal mines?
The reason why I ask and I am asking you respectfully,is because you call yourself a coal miner's daughter and I happen to be a coal miner's son and I know how it is to see a person suffer so much due to black lung and other health issues due to working in a coal mines.
Its very heartbreaking and it does make you frustrated and sometimes even mad when you see a loved one suffer like that and there is very little to nothing you can do about it and then you have those like US Steel and other big companies who are very reluctant to pay what is due and what is owed to a miner that has worked with a company for many years.
Its been said that US Steel will pay their lawyers millions of dollars to beat a miner out of or keep from paying a miner thousands of dollars that they do so owe.
Also,and I don't mind being corrected if I'm wrong about this one,from the time coal is mined until it reaches the cleaning plant there is no way it can be clean.
You can't mine clean coal,you can wash it to make it clean but you can't mine it clean and,yes,coal is still very much a part of one of our commodities that is still very much essential to America and around the world and still will be so for a very long time to come.
Have it

Princeton, WV

#9977 Nov 14, 2012
sville wrote:
<quoted text>
All you are worried about is a 100 year old tree!!! Yeah that tree will feed a lot of families, right???
Look, she's right. I know because my own grandfather suffered and died from black lung. It was devastating for my grandma and our whole family. My grandma knows what these younger miners and their families don't seem to: The job is not worth it.

If we keep destroying trees, plants, and contaminating the water? Coal country will one day become an unlivable wasteland. We'll ruin our home and all of the jobs in the world won't matter. We probably won't live to see that happen, but what about our kids or grandkids?
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

#9978 Nov 14, 2012
sville wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, Mrs. Hillbilly,(again, I ask you) what good does it do to have all the money in the world and DESTROY our earth? Seriously, answer that. Do you have children? Do you have granchildren? Do you give a crap what we leave them of this earth? If not, you are hopeless and ignorant beyond reason, so I will not debate with you. Until you think about this realistically and logically and can discuss it rationally - like you have some intelligence - I won't reply again.
Coal Miners Daughter

Washington, DC

#9979 Nov 14, 2012
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>...Did you have a loved one that died or have one that is suffering with health issues due to working in a coal mines?...The reason why I ask and I am asking you respectfully,is because you call yourself a coal miner's daughter and I happen to be a coal miner's son and I know how it is to see a person suffer so much due to black lung and other health issues due to working in a coal mines...You can't mine clean coal,you can wash it to make it clean but you can't mine it clean and,yes,coal is still very much a part of one of our commodities that is still very much essential to America and around the world and still will be so for a very long time to come.
Yes, my father suffered from black lung, COPD, and emphysema. Essentially, he drowned in his own body fluids and it was the most horrific thing I have ever seen. I wanted to die with him. Well, this is not just happening to people - this is happening to the earth. We are polluting our workers AND our environment with this junk, and what for? Money? The ignoramus above stated that a 100-year-old-tree wouldn't feed anyone. Well, I guess a $100 bill will! If we don't preserve the health of both ourselves and our planet, what difference could it possible make.

Now, on to the second part of your question. Yes, coal can be mined in an environmentally friendly manner - it's just expensive. Here's the thing though ... think of the dollars that owners spend on health care? If they were required, by law, to be responsible, less people would be sick and they could shift those dollars to aquire the resources that it takes to "go green" or as green as possible. There is balance - conserve jobs AND protect the earth, but it costs owners. You know stupid people though (the ones that voted for Romney)- well, they can't wrap their minds around doing this. I hope they are FORCED to do it or close up shop!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 2 hr Weepy 370
Marshall home opener in 57 days... 9 hr Herd 91 21
Stolen Playstation 3 12 hr truth 2
Rachel shoaf and Sheila eddy (May '13) 12 hr CharCharBinks 12,516
Bill Maloney 15 hr He is No Good 3
Eric riddle 21 hr Dodgehellcat1 57
News Sheetz and WV bakery to meet about pepperoni ro... Tue Going to Sheetz now 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morgantown Mortgages