UPDATED: Police Investigate WVU Stude...

UPDATED: Police Investigate WVU Student Death

There are 32 comments on the WOWK-TV story from Aug 18, 2008, titled UPDATED: Police Investigate WVU Student Death. In it, WOWK-TV reports that:

Police say the body of 22-year-old Alex Cather was found at his apartment on Sharon Avenue in Morgantown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOWK-TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WV_Chell

AOL

#1 Aug 21, 2008
My thoughts and prayers are with the family of this young man. It is so sad that we are losing so many young people.
what happened

Arcadia, CA

#2 Oct 1, 2008
friends of Brianna Squires want to know what really happened??

Since: Feb 08

Greenwood WV

#3 Oct 7, 2008
I was told that he choked while eating.
Question

Morgantown, WV

#4 Oct 7, 2008
To What Happened: Was there something suspicious about Brianna Squires' death or a connection to Cather's death?
Allie DeAlejandro

Atascadero, CA

#5 Oct 8, 2008
Brianna would never do this to herself!!!! There is so much that should be investigated. She went to WV for the forensics; you would think that more would be done! I'm very angry because my sister is gone, because she was in a TERRIBLE relationship! Friends and family are priority to her, she would never end her life over a guy!
Brianna I love you and miss you dearly!
long time friend

United States

#6 Oct 9, 2008
Question wrote:
To What Happened: Was there something suspicious about Brianna Squires' death or a connection to Cather's death?
There are a lot of suspicious things about her death. She was going home and was very afraid of the guy she was living with who is a cop. A girlfriend got a text the day before which said i'm afraid of him and am going home. Everyone who knew her says the same thing she would not do this she would drop the guy first. Her goals and family were to important to her. LOOK CLOSER!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Feb 08

Greenwood WV

#7 Oct 10, 2008
What does this have to do with Alex?
What Happened

Norwalk, CA

#8 Oct 10, 2008
I am distantly watching her case and although I had not seen her in many years this is not the Bri we all knew..I do not believe the story and I am driven to question what happened for her sake..God forgive me if I am wrong..
But it does not make sense and I dont believe it..
A police officer for a boyfriend..Hmmmmm hmmmmm
interesting...hmmmm set up...hmmmmmmm
hmmmmm
To question No i dont think the cases are related at all but they are both in West Virginia
take care and keep asking questions.....
What Happened

Norwalk, CA

#9 Oct 10, 2008
Allie DeAlejandro..
I do not want to upset you anymore than you are already. If its okay with you I will be strong for you and keep asking questions.
She was a dear friend of my daughters and you are right ,Allie.
Rest assured we will find the Truth.
God Bless you and your family
Angel
Allie DeAlejandro

Atascadero, CA

#10 Oct 14, 2008
Who are you? how do you know about the text messages? my email is [email protected]
Rachele Mcdonald

Wahiawa, HI

#11 Oct 14, 2008
Hi there
Im one of Brianna best friends. We grew up together I have known her since i was 4 years old. Its taken me a little longer to write something on here because i just still dont believe that this is real.The Bri I knew would never EVER do this to herself. I have heard nothing but bad things about the person she was dating. HMMM well lets see he is a cop so what ever happened its pretty much just going to get covered up. If you knew the stories i knew then you would know this was no accident. All i want is justice in this case.Im angry that my best friend is no longer here. I just want to find some closure as I to what exactly happened.I love you bri you will always be like a sister to me and i will be with you again one day.keep smiling BRB for life
What Happened

Norwalk, CA

#12 Oct 14, 2008
To all who comment on here
you can email me at [email protected]
if you want to discuss information to help find justice for Brianna Squires.
I understand that this doesnt make sense and if we compare notes and have a voice we can bring about a change to this case and any others that need to be investigated or re-investigated in Morgantown West Virginia.
thank you all very much.
JIM

Garden Grove, CA

#13 Nov 11, 2009
STILL NO COMPLETED POLICE REPORT. OVER 14 MONTHS!!!!!!. THEY SAID SHE IS #15 IN THE WAITING LIST. IRONIC THAT WAS HER PLAYER # TOO.
Figures

Port Republic, VA

#14 Nov 12, 2009
Don't hold your breath if the WV State Police is involved.
silverstar5

United States

#15 Nov 13, 2009
I am retired law enforcment and can tell you from experience, rarely can people accept the fact that someone, especially a loved one could have possibly taken their own life. I do know that once in a blue moon a case is mishandled and wrongly classified. In reality, it is very rare. I can honestly say that the most common thing people say is "it's not what they would do" or "that's not him/her, he/she would never do that. The average Joe citizen would be shocked at what people would do and why. I have investigated and been involved with many, many cases and you just don't have people say "oh yes, we completely understand and really expected this".The harsh reality is people do some nasty unbelievable things to themselves and others for reasons that baffle everyone else. Just my opinion.
Roothonker

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Nov 13, 2009
silverstar5 wrote:
I am retired law enforcment and can tell you from experience, rarely can people accept the fact that someone, especially a loved one could have possibly taken their own life. I do know that once in a blue moon a case is mishandled and wrongly classified. In reality, it is very rare. I can honestly say that the most common thing people say is "it's not what they would do" or "that's not him/her, he/she would never do that. The average Joe citizen would be shocked at what people would do and why. I have investigated and been involved with many, many cases and you just don't have people say "oh yes, we completely understand and really expected this".The harsh reality is people do some nasty unbelievable things to themselves and others for reasons that baffle everyone else. Just my opinion.
100% true.
ONCE IN A BLUE MOON

Lomita, CA

#17 Nov 14, 2009
lets just cut to the chase shall we>>
The person police should be looking at is her
fiance Gregory A Knight. Thats POLICE Officer Greg Knight AKA Gregory A Brumdage ( name change its all Public record)
You see a retired law enforcement officer or a current police officer would say "Oh Once in a Blue moon the casse is mishandled) Yeah right right right..WELL IN THIS CASE YOU ARE WRONG WRONG WRONG..ITS ALL A BIG COVERUP.
YOU DIDNT KNOW HER AND YOU ARE WRONG.
THE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL AND SOON
WE ARE ALL HOPING FOR THE SAKE OF HER AND HER WONDERFUL FAMILY..
The Thin Blue Line

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Nov 14, 2009
Listen up, Greg Knight is a fine Police Officer, and he would have never been involved in something akin to murder, contrary to what you suggest. Perhaps, Once In a Blue Moon, you might have missed signs of something more disturbing and sinister...and by missing those signs, you may have contributed to the tragedy. Please stop making accusations against a fine man, just to make yourself feel better.
silverstar5

United States

#19 Nov 15, 2009
It's easy to hide behind screen names and cast guilt on someone. Bottom line, if you have proof you should be talking to the police not posting on the internet. Murder and coverup are very serious allegations and if true, you have an obligation to go to the proper authorities and report it.
from morgantown

Las Vegas, NV

#20 Nov 17, 2009
who was the cop she was dating if i may ask?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Martin trash 23 hr Life 4
Anyone remember the name of an Italian Restaura... Sun Ensign 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Sun Water Boi 1,378
Big 12 to add two teams.. Sun Blue Heaven 12
used condoms Sun Herd 91 2
It's official: Rams FIRE Stedman Bailey Sun Herd 91 9
Is Durante still on the pipe Sun Herd 91 1

Morgantown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance