Stonebridge auction a whiff amon...

Feb 13, 2013 Full story: Martinsburg Journal

Standing on the Berkeley County Courthouse steps, it took Scott Summers at least 15 minutes to read the announcement of the trustee's sale of Stonebridge Golf Club as required by law Tuesday.

Full Story
Steve weiss

Hedgesville, WV

#1 Feb 28, 2013
berkeley county parks and req. should take this course over and make it a state funded facility that generates revenues and is a draw to the area offering reasonable outing. Or the surrounding community residents should be allowed take it over and hire a management team to run the property.
Watcher

Berkeley Springs, WV

#2 Apr 14, 2013
The community could not even sustain it when it was open. Why would the County or State buy this? If the local residents had supported the business it would still be in operation. The local residents want everything handed to them for FREE just like the rest of this country.
Steve weiss

Hedgesville, WV

#3 Apr 20, 2013
Well, for one thing it would give Martinsburg one more thing to draw people here. Also wild life depend on the area...lets just build more houses that can't be sold that's your better answer...
I'll pay higher taxes if we get more for it...this could be one perk.
JMM

Washington, DC

#4 Apr 22, 2014
The place was run so poorly by the owners it went under. The surrounding community did support the golf course, but the owners ran everyone off. It was a very unfriendly and uncomfortable environment. The course is a gold mine, just needs to be managed by the right person. The failure of that course is solely on the owners, not the community.
landlord_2

New Freeport, PA

#5 Apr 22, 2014
Steve weiss wrote:
berkeley county parks and req. should take this course over and make it a state funded facility that generates revenues and is a draw to the area offering reasonable outing. Or the surrounding community residents should be allowed take it over and hire a management team to run the property.
Buy it. then the hiring begins. the overhead is great.let the right people buy it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Granville Police 3 hr Uhavenoclue 14
Rachel shoaf and Sheila eddy (May '13) 6 hr what 10,214
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 hr hillbilly 58,044
West Virginia Mountaineers Football: Strength T... 17 hr Hate Thread- Ignore 8
Mountedqueers in Charleston 20 hr Hate Thread- Ignore 18
Welcome to Maryland 20 hr Hate Thread- Ignore 14
suspended mountaineer 23 hr unknown 1
•••
•••
•••

Morgantown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••