First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#21 May 29, 2010
Eagles Fan wrote:
Tread carefully. Name calling and negativity are two separate things. To imply that they are correlated would be a mistake.
<quoted text>
I have to disagree, your calling some person that you find ugly or monstrous looking “Quasimodo” is absolutely name calling. In just the last six weeks you have called me “a redneck with a dictionary, a cracker, a toothless wonder, a class racist, a whitebread, a delusional country person, a moron, a nitwit, the stereotype of the racially intolerant rural folks, Uncle Elver, the angry bitter one” and the number one name “the greatest hypocrite of them all.” Wow, I'm here to f'ing amuse? I'm actually an olive-skinned Mediterranean man whose grandparents emigrated here about a hundred years ago to work in the steel mills of Pittsburgh. We have been here only one generation longer than Yooson Kim, and yet like everything else you tried to make this a racial incident. Even my worst critic Been There knows that has nothing to do with this, but her animosity towards me outweighs her ability to stand-up for decency or justice, she now considers your bigotry her closest ally. That's OK Been There “we all make mistakes.”

I don't know if you have the ability to look at yourself objectively, but you really should go back and read some of you old posts. Almost instantly you size up your opponents dental condition, financial situation, housing, eduction, heritage and religious affiliation, things you could never know, just so you can call them names.

I don't think I have called you any names, I have likened you to McCarthy and Goebbels for this very reason. They wanted to fit people into neat little stereotypes, into categories so they could feel “superior.”

Mankind is your business.
Eagles Fan

Honey Brook, PA

#22 Jun 10, 2010
Am I guilty of stereotyping? At times...Yes. But I assure you that racism isn't my game. I won't deny that I have a unique sense of humor, but don't take it too seriously. It's all in good fun.
bridge2nowhere wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree, your calling some person that you find ugly or monstrous looking “Quasimodo” is absolutely name calling. In just the last six weeks you have called me “a redneck with a dictionary, a cracker, a toothless wonder, a class racist, a whitebread, a delusional country person, a moron, a nitwit, the stereotype of the racially intolerant rural folks, Uncle Elver, the angry bitter one” and the number one name “the greatest hypocrite of them all.” Wow, I'm here to f'ing amuse? I'm actually an olive-skinned Mediterranean man whose grandparents emigrated here about a hundred years ago to work in the steel mills of Pittsburgh. We have been here only one generation longer than Yooson Kim, and yet like everything else you tried to make this a racial incident. Even my worst critic Been There knows that has nothing to do with this, but her animosity towards me outweighs her ability to stand-up for decency or justice, she now considers your bigotry her closest ally. That's OK Been There “we all make mistakes.”
I don't know if you have the ability to look at yourself objectively, but you really should go back and read some of you old posts. Almost instantly you size up your opponents dental condition, financial situation, housing, eduction, heritage and religious affiliation, things you could never know, just so you can call them names.
I don't think I have called you any names, I have likened you to McCarthy and Goebbels for this very reason. They wanted to fit people into neat little stereotypes, into categories so they could feel “superior.”
Mankind is your business.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#23 Jun 12, 2010
Eagles Fan
Well put my man. And do I detect a trace, a note, an inkling, just a hint of contriteness... well let's not get too carried away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puppy mill?? (Feb '13) May 18 Barb mcq 35
You suck May 16 Tmcd42 1
News 'Puppy Mill' Crackdown with Arrest Made (Jan '07) May 3 maqui 295
Puppy Mill?? (Mar '15) Mar '17 Shelly Armstrong 10
Backpage Jan '17 Bub69x 1
Tony Tonino Palumbo of Reading and Avondale Jan '17 Andrea 1
Click and check ths out.... Dec '16 Mama6 1

Morgantown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance