First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Morgantown in the 21st Century”

Since: Sep 07

Morgantown

#1 Jan 31, 2008
Hey any word out there about a possible supermarket comming into the area? Getting sick of shopping at Walmart all the time.
Brian

Danville, PA

#2 Feb 1, 2008
I feel your pain, man. No word that I've heard here. We are in dire need though. Wal-Mart is a sty. Have you see Quasimodo that works at the lunchmeat counter? It looks like the cast of a horror show back there.
Jack -Big Boobies- wrote:
Hey any word out there about a possible supermarket comming into the area? Getting sick of shopping at Walmart all the time.
Black Jesus

West Chester, PA

#3 Feb 1, 2008
I shop at Martin's Country Market.

Morgantown

#4 Feb 3, 2008
The deli counter at walmart is a joke, it takes them like 20 mins to cut up a pound of cheese.

Martin's is a dump, really disgusting place.
Brian

Danville, PA

#5 Feb 3, 2008
I agree. Martin's is a dump and it's flat out depressing. Will Giant or Acme please please rescue us?
Jack -Big Boobies- wrote:
The deli counter at walmart is a joke, it takes them like 20 mins to cut up a pound of cheese.
Martin's is a dump, really disgusting place.

Morgantown

#6 Mar 13, 2008
The farm across from Highcroft estates or the airport is being commericially zonned. Looks like the farmer is packing up and selling. So we may finally get a supermarket in there.
Kali

Reading, PA

#7 Mar 20, 2008
Just go to the Giant in Exeter. 176 to 422 East for a mile. Left off the exit ramp. I lived here for three years before I discovered it. Was always driving down to Exton to find Civilization.
Brian

Honey Brook, PA

#8 Mar 20, 2008
That place in Exeter is only about three miles closer than Exton.
Kali wrote:
Just go to the Giant in Exeter. 176 to 422 East for a mile. Left off the exit ramp. I lived here for three years before I discovered it. Was always driving down to Exton to find Civilization.

Since: Jan 08

Somewhere in the USA

#9 Mar 23, 2008
Don't crucify me for saying this, but Shady Maple is only 15-20 mins. from Morgantown and sure, it's crowded, but they do have great produce and meats. During the week it's not as bad as Fri. & Sat. There's also a Giant in Thorndale which isn't quite as far as Exton. Depending on which roads you take to get to Exton. It's a drag having to drive no matter how you look at it. I wish Giant would buy Martin's. That would be perfect!
Quinn

AOL

#10 Mar 24, 2008
There is a Giant in Leola. Would be nice to have one in Morgantown.
justine093

Ephrata, PA

#11 Apr 25, 2008
sure, just build more and more.
next thing, you guys will make this the new
Philly suburbs keep destroying quaint little towns and scenery.
I moved here from the OJR area because I didn't want to live in a city and I didn't like what was happening to Chester County.
because I don't mind driving 20 or more minutes to go shopping.
People come out here, and then insist on changing it so it's more convenient, and it becomes exactly what you left.
Already crime has increased in Morgantown because of having to have your huge commercial stores to put out small local businesses. I would rather go to Doug's Pharmacy, Martins Grocery or Nissley Hardware and support local, hardworking people and their family businesses, not some corporate conglomorate. It's harder and harder to have a small business and be your own boss, but you can work for walmart...they will always have a spot. It's killing the American dream if you ask me. And everytime a farmer goes under, it is not a sign of progress, but a sign of decline.
personally, I will NEVER even step foot in the Rite Aid they built, simply for ruining history and destroying part of our heritage.
walverio

United States

#12 Apr 25, 2008
Well put, Justine093. All of the places you mentioned in your post should be the first choice for area residents. A company like Blockbuster can afford to set up shop, put El Video out of business and split town--leaving the community without a video store, El Video's employees without a job and the owners without an income stream.
If you look at how slow business is at Lowes, you can anticipate that it too will soon leave the are and we'll have an empty building with thousands of square footage which will probably rent for pennies on the dollar. Let's hope Nissley's does not go out of business before Lowes splits.

Morgantown

#13 Apr 27, 2008
Hey easy on the Lowes I love that place, and the prices are great. No hassle on returns and they have everything I need.

As for Doug's pharmacy, my stopped in to get a prescription filled and the stupid store wasn't even open it was 9:30am and they are suppose to open at 9am. Can't wait for the rite aid, we will be able to use the drive thru.

Progress is awesome, convinient and cost effective.

Cheers!
lovaldgs

United States

#14 Apr 27, 2008
Agree on Lowes and you can't stop progress so hopefully we'll have a modern supermarket with good prices. Rite Aide sign is ugly!! They spent a lot of time on landscaping and putting up the nice looking lanterns but then ruin it with the ugly blue neon sign. Couldn't they have done a more colonial look to the sign or do you think because Morgantown was so uncooperative when they were applying to build there that Rite Aide got even with that sign? It sure doesn't fit in and is ugly....can't wait to see it lit up....oyyyyy

And what is going on with the property up on Rt 10 across from Heritage Lounge. Anyone have a clue as to what will go in there? there are so many rumors but it looks abandoned and awful now.

And did anyone here if St. Peters Inn was sold and owner of Yellow House Inn and Emily's is the new owner???

Morgantown

#15 Apr 29, 2008
Local Businesses equal:
Higher Prices
Don't open on Time
No weekend hours
Pain in the a** to return things
Do not have the latest or newest models.
Brian

Morgantown, PA

#16 May 4, 2008
The site across from the Heriitage has been sitting empty for several years. Don't expect new development anytime soon. The site represents the anti-growthh mentality of this area and also the lacking demographics for worthwhile properties. We get stuck with yet another drug store. This is great for the old country folks in this area, but worthless for young families.
lovaldgs wrote:
Agree on Lowes and you can't stop progress so hopefully we'll have a modern supermarket with good prices. Rite Aide sign is ugly!! They spent a lot of time on landscaping and putting up the nice looking lanterns but then ruin it with the ugly blue neon sign. Couldn't they have done a more colonial look to the sign or do you think because Morgantown was so uncooperative when they were applying to build there that Rite Aide got even with that sign? It sure doesn't fit in and is ugly....can't wait to see it lit up....oyyyyy
And what is going on with the property up on Rt 10 across from Heritage Lounge. Anyone have a clue as to what will go in there? there are so many rumors but it looks abandoned and awful now.
And did anyone here if St. Peters Inn was sold and owner of Yellow House Inn and Emily's is the new owner???

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#17 May 9, 2010
Brian wrote:
I feel your pain, man. No word that I've heard here. We are in dire need though. Wal-Mart is a sty. Have you see Quasimodo that works at the lunchmeat counter? It looks like the cast of a horror show back there.
<quoted text>
Why, this uppity individual of which I speak could hardly stand to look upon the wretched simpletons that he walked among, fancying himself a polished James Bond like character. Well... due to a downward turn in the housing market it seems that “Mister Bond” was stuck rubbing elbows with “Mister Bumpkin” at the local Walmart.
Eagles Fan

Honey Brook, PA

#18 May 10, 2010
He who judgeth those that judgeth others is equally guilty kind sir. For it is you who lacketh a sense of humor and taketh life far too seriously. Come hither as I continueth to offend thy fellow bumpkins. Farewell, Evermore.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#19 May 11, 2010
"Wal-Mart is a sty. Have you see Quasimodo that works at the lunchmeat counter? It looks like the cast of a horror show back there." Eagles Fan

That's a sense of humor? I have made numerous postings trying to be funny, even creating a news review, maybe they are not funny but I try, without using name calling or anger.

"Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were all my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"
Eagles Fan

Honey Brook, PA

#20 May 18, 2010
Tread carefully. Name calling and negativity are two separate things. To imply that they are correlated would be a mistake.
bridge2nowhere wrote:
"Wal-Mart is a sty. Have you see Quasimodo that works at the lunchmeat counter? It looks like the cast of a horror show back there." Eagles Fan
That's a sense of humor? I have made numerous postings trying to be funny, even creating a news review, maybe they are not funny but I try, without using name calling or anger.
"Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were all my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Commissioners OK $2.5M in revitalization grants May 12 Leon 1
Puppy mill?? (Feb '13) May 4 Tra 49
Puppy Mill?? (Mar '15) Apr 29 Linksja4 18
Wake up morons. I am from Philadelphia (Aug '10) Apr '18 Uhhhh 5
Amber leville (Sep '17) Mar '18 BigDork 11
Ang millers?? (Nov '17) Mar '18 BigDork 2
News 'Puppy Mill' Crackdown with Arrest Made (Jan '07) Dec '17 Martha 294

Morgantown Jobs

Personal Finance

Morgantown Mortgages