Morgantown Hotel may be demolished to...

Morgantown Hotel may be demolished to make way for Rite Aid drug store

There are 168 comments on the Tri County Record story from Nov 1, 2005, titled Morgantown Hotel may be demolished to make way for Rite Aid drug store. In it, Tri County Record reports that:

The Morgantown Hotel is a landmark building in the village of Morgantown. It holds a prominent position at the corner of Main Street and Morgantown Rd.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tri County Record.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
bikerchick

Morgantown, PA

#168 Oct 20, 2010
Anybody know what's going on at the commercial site on Rt 10 across from the Heritage? Looks like something is finally going to be developed?
Jen

Morgantown, PA

#169 Oct 21, 2010
Another shopping center is coming. We really need it! LOL
bikerchick

Morgantown, PA

#170 Oct 21, 2010
We do need better stores.....hope that's what is coming!
Jen wrote:
Another shopping center is coming. We really need it! LOL
Honey Brook Resident

Dublin, PA

#171 Oct 25, 2010
And some new restaurants would be a nice addition to the community.
bikerchick

Morgantown, PA

#172 Oct 25, 2010
Ha, now that you have cooled off on the Bistro....

Yikes what's going on, I agree with you again in that we DO need good restaurants, not fast food!
Honey Brook Resident wrote:
And some new restaurants would be a nice addition to the community.
Honey Brook Resident

Dublin, PA

#173 Oct 26, 2010
I still want to support the Bistro, but it doesn't seem like it's going to improve. It has progressively gone downhill since Magrogan pulled out of there. Morgantown has always needed some new restaurant/bars. Something Mexican would be nice and not a taco bell or south of the border. No more italian or chinese restaurants please. Or fast food for that matter.

I know - what's happening - we're actually agreeing! lol!
bikerchick wrote:
Ha, now that you have cooled off on the Bistro....
Yikes what's going on, I agree with you again in that we DO need good restaurants, not fast food!
<quoted text>
Former Resident

Charlottesville, VA

#174 Dec 6, 2011
Reading the early posts, where locals celebrated the demolition of several historic buildings in favor of a Rite Aid and a parking lot, made me gag. Wow, are you happy now? Other towns have preserved their historic buildings while bringing in new businesses - maintaining their history and individuality while reviving their economy. So now what does Morgantown have to pass on to posterity - a Rite Aid and a parking lot? You've lost your identity and been swallowed up by Mall America. I used to love living there, but now I live in a beautiful, thriving town that preserves its history (and has great restaurants!) I'll never go back to Morgantown. Enjoy shopping for aspirin at Rite Aid.
bikerchick

Morgantown, PA

#175 Dec 7, 2011
Are you rubbing salt in the wound of people who still live in Morgantown and are also sad at what happened to their town? I think so.......and you sure sound bitter.....maybe you're not as happy as you pretend?

Dare to tell us what town you do live in now? I'll bet not.
Former Resident wrote:
Reading the early posts, where locals celebrated the demolition of several historic buildings in favor of a Rite Aid and a parking lot, made me gag. Wow, are you happy now? Other towns have preserved their historic buildings while bringing in new businesses - maintaining their history and individuality while reviving their economy. So now what does Morgantown have to pass on to posterity - a Rite Aid and a parking lot? You've lost your identity and been swallowed up by Mall America. I used to love living there, but now I live in a beautiful, thriving town that preserves its history (and has great restaurants!) I'll never go back to Morgantown. Enjoy shopping for aspirin at Rite Aid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puppy Mill?? (Mar '15) Fri Judy 11
Speichers Farm Kennel Ben Speicher from Millers... (Oct '15) Fri Schanely 4
Mountain lion in Honey Brook (Oct '14) Jun 13 30packaday 4
Puppy mill?? (Feb '13) Jun 6 Cathleen 36
News Chesco Vet Accused of Animal Cruelty (Jul '06) May 27 pgh 244
News 'Puppy Mill' Crackdown with Arrest Made (Jan '07) May '17 Kaitie416 296
You suck May '17 Tmcd42 1

Morgantown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morgantown Mortgages