Caernarvon Township votes to create n...

Caernarvon Township votes to create new tax

There are 2 comments on the Reading Eagle/Reading Times story from Nov 6, 2008, titled Caernarvon Township votes to create new tax. In it, Reading Eagle/Reading Times reports that:

The Caernarvon Township supervisors voted 3-1 Tuesday night to create a new 0.25 mill property tax dedicated to turning the Morgantown Fire Company firehouse into a municipal building.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reading Eagle/Reading Times.

suitmymood

Silverdale, PA

#1 Nov 7, 2008
Wow, three days since the election and already a new tax! What is going to happen to the "old" building? Based on the Reading Eagle story, why would they buy a building 2 months ago for $750,000 and now decide they need additional funds? Surely wish my budget would allow for that kind of financial magic!

By the way,which supervisor voted against it? Just wondering.
Eagles Fan

Elverson, PA

#2 Jan 6, 2009
Tax away scumbags!
suitmymood wrote:
Wow, three days since the election and already a new tax! What is going to happen to the "old" building? Based on the Reading Eagle story, why would they buy a building 2 months ago for $750,000 and now decide they need additional funds? Surely wish my budget would allow for that kind of financial magic!
By the way,which supervisor voted against it? Just wondering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up morons. I am from Philadelphia (Aug '10) Apr 15 Uhhhh 5
Puppy mill?? (Feb '13) Mar 25 Michelle 47
Puppy Mill?? (Mar '15) Mar '18 PuppyLove13 17
Amber leville (Sep '17) Mar '18 BigDork 11
Ang millers?? Mar '18 BigDork 2
News 'Puppy Mill' Crackdown with Arrest Made (Jan '07) Dec '17 Martha 294
Accident Saturday at 322&82 what happened? (Sep '15) Dec '17 Dee 2

Morgantown Jobs

Personal Finance

Morgantown Mortgages