Landowners balk at new zoning distric...

Landowners balk at new zoning district: Some with property along...

There are 4 comments on the Customer Interaction Solutions story from Aug 30, 2008, titled Landowners balk at new zoning district: Some with property along.... In it, Customer Interaction Solutions reports that:

Landowners balk at new zoning district: Some with property along Route 23 appear at a Caernarvon Township meeting to object to the proposed creation... Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Customer Interaction Solutions.

redhead

Irvington, NJ

#1 Aug 30, 2008
i am appalled at this level of commentary. It is exactly what some 'old-timers' in the Morgantown/Caernarvon-Narvon are feared would eventually happen, once the first farm was sold and a large business moved it's "English" employees here. This is a largely Amish-Mennonite, but also German farm community, that managed to exist well and in harmony for hundreds of years....without " swell" restaurants and malls. I know, my parents/relatives settled here that long ago..and I spent the best of my childhood here. I will be buried in Caernarvon Cemetary beside my family. Main Street in Morgantown is similar to small farm village/towns in all states...and though homes should be maintained better, and businesses should always make improvements, it does not mean they should become an "Applebees", or be "modernized" to look like the 'cookie cutter" homes in developments. They can make a better statement preserving their village look. The very LAST thing Morgantown should ever consider is becoming,if that was even possible, a NEW HOPE, PA. town with horrendous traffic issues, in-creased taxes for all the support services that comes along with the hundreds of jute bag and glass bead stores between tens of coffee/apple pie or ice cream and candy businesses. New Hope needs no copy cat town in Caernarvon Township, and Caernarvon would be destroyed. As it is now, the Amish and Mennonite children can't walk safely to school with the increased traffic in the last 20 years.... and, thank you, we want them here, not tourists looking for coffee cups with pictures of "plain people" under glaze. Welcome to Lowe's and Rite Aid, and any similar responsible companies who will not tear the area apart as they sell their wares...but, as for the disgruntled newcomers, so sorry the Windmill is not to your liking, but Burger King and CrackerBarrel are....and you must drive all of 20 minutes to have a meal you desire. We here are used to driving as much as twice that to take care of our needs, and it has never seemed too much, to preserve the quiet and beauty of the area. It happened to have been a relative of my own mother who sold a large farm to a big company, that may have started to change the landscape here...for the worse. Apologies from the family.
Brian

Morgantown, PA

#2 Sep 23, 2008
People like you nauseate me. You would be lucky if this one-horse town turned into New Hope. Pack your bags and head out with the Amish and Mennonites. You're an anchor for progress. Bon Voyage!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3 May 13, 2010
Brian wrote:
People like you nauseate me. You would be lucky if this one-horse town turned into New Hope. Pack your bags and head out with the Amish and Mennonites. You're an anchor for progress. Bon Voyage!
Hey Eagles Fan/Brian, just a thought, instead of forcing the Amish and Mennonites out, why don't we “concentrate” into their own area so we don't have to look at them or deal them. Maybe a “camp” of some sort?

“You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch.
With a nauseaus super-naus.
You're a crooked jerky jockey
And you drive a crooked hoss.
Mr. Grinch.
You're a three decker saurkraut and toadstool sandwich
With arsenic sauce”

Dr. Seuss “How the Grinch Stole Christmas!”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#4 May 13, 2010
“You nauseate me” Eagles Fan
My friend, what my grammatically challenged contemporary meant to say, is that maybe, just maybe, instead trying to force the Amish and Mennonites to leave the area, perhaps we could simply intern them in some sort of concentrated area. Perhaps a labor camp of some kind or another, they do indeed seem to be hard workers! That way the new regime of “superior” Philadelphia natives that are moving into the area won't have to look at them or smell them or deal with them in any way. They do clog up our roads, they are very old-fashioned, and let's face it, a little bit strange, I know some people aren't real tolerant of that.
I always liked that little ditty, that “Grinch” song, takes me back to another time, another place, a place long forgotten. Why, I can almost hear it as I write; “You're a foul one, Mister Grinch, You real-ly-are-a heal!”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speichers Farm Kennel Ben Speicher from Millers... (Oct '15) Jul 31 Sunrise717 5
Puppy mill?? (Feb '13) Jul '17 Diane 37
Puppy Mill?? (Mar '15) Jun '17 Judy 11
Mountain lion in Honey Brook (Oct '14) Jun '17 30packaday 4
News Chesco Vet Accused of Animal Cruelty (Jul '06) May '17 pgh 244
News 'Puppy Mill' Crackdown with Arrest Made (Jan '07) May '17 Kaitie416 296
You suck May '17 Tmcd42 1

Morgantown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morgantown Mortgages