Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2009

I have heard that Pamida was closing the 31st of this month. Does anyone know anything about that?
lorie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2009

yea my son works there and the doors cjose 31 have to have every think out buy feb 28
mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2009

dam that sucks
Caughtit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

MORGANTOWN CITY IS TALKING ABOUT CHANGING THE CITY LIMIT FROM 1 BLOCK IN EACH DIRECTION FROM THE COURT HOUSE AND WHY THEY ARE AT IT CHANGE MORGANTOWN TO ITS NEW NAME ROGRAYTERLINROMSCO OR THERE 2ND NAME WAS "FART IN THE WIND",
KY.ZIP CODE:4AHOSEERAY
Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

Now what does the city limit have to do with Pamida closing? I hate it when you all post stupid crap about ray west and all those others on a post about something different. Grow up man. It is stupid.
retired

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Just leave Ray Alone he just got back on. If they keep sitting on their asses every thing will be gone except all their new vehicles
WHO KNOWS DORA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
Now what does the city limit have to do with Pamida closing? I hate it when you all post stupid crap about ray west and all those others on a post about something different. Grow up man. It is stupid.
Wondering,YOU DUMN FUCK.YOU EVER HEAR OF MORE INFORMATION TO THE FACT..
TALKING ABOUT STUPIT WHAT PART OF LEANARD OAK YOU FROM..NOW GET YOU STUPIT ASS OVER TO SOME TOPIX LIKE (I'M STUPIT IF I OPEN MY MOUTH)LOL LOL
Caughtit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

WHO KNOWS DORA wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering,YOU DUMN FUCK.YOU EVER HEAR OF MORE INFORMATION TO THE FACT..
TALKING ABOUT STUPIT WHAT PART OF LEANARD OAK YOU FROM..NOW GET YOU STUPIT ASS OVER TO SOME TOPIX LIKE (I'M STUPIT IF I OPEN MY MOUTH)LOL LOL
Who was thats asshole anyway..where is leanard oak and do they act that stupit from the realy..
I thought he sounded more gay than anything else..The poor little queer,We had a queer who did our house work but he run off with some guy down the street,hey now that i think of it that guy down the street was from leanard oak i think..well later friend..
Sawdust

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2009

Judged:

Does anyone in Butler County know how to spell or write a complete sentence?
people magazine

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Sawdust wrote:
whas yea maet about thet.this ok.
rAnDYS

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

NOW I KNOW ,THANKS
curious2

Auburn, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Sawdust wrote:
lol!!!
curious2

Auburn, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

I went to Pamida today, they are closed.
I thought it was just a rumor.
oh well
big1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Who cares. pamida sucks azz anyway.
emanon

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

big1 wrote:
Who cares. pamida sucks azz anyway.
It's just sad that ANOTHER M'town business closes down. Pretty soon there won't be anything left !
unclpat

Auburn, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

Why would any business want to locate in Butler County? The local politicians are idiots, the town has nothing to offer the young people, the local school system is a joke, and about half the people who live there are illiterate. I am a Butler county native, but I got out of there years ago, and the county as it currently stands is an embarassment to the state of Kentucky. The local radio station futher reinforces the image of Butler county as ignorant and backward. They shouldn't put people on the air that can't read.
emanon

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

I agree with Unclpat. It appears the town is slowly dying.
happymom

Auburn, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

Being so negative about Morgantown won't help matters.
emanon

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

How will unrealistic optimism help Morgantown ?
UnclPat's observations, while negative, are nonetheless reality. His correct observations are a consequence of a dying community. I am simply wondering what forces have led to the downward trend in Morgantown - because these forces have led to the decline of the area and the depressing reality of UnclPat. No one is throwing stones or poking fun at the town. Rather, it is sad to see the woeful state in which it finds itself. And it would be wonderful to see the trend reversed. But, "irrational exuberance" ( i.e., not being so negative ) will not undo the damage. The solution & understanding lies in finding the real cause - and even if that could be determined there is no guarantee that the damage could be repaired. It may be that Morgantown has simply passed its prime -(nobody's fault)- just fate and God's will.
unclpat

Auburn, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

I meant no disrespect to the residents of this community, it was simply an observation. If this once fine community ever is to heal itself, it must first face reality, and that reality is that most of the rest of the state believes Butler county, and Morgantown to be corrupt, backward, and not really ready to compete in the economy in which we find ourselves. The days of the sewing factories are long gone, and Butler county hasn't kept up as other counties in this area have. As long as the people there continue to elect idiots, rednecks, and good ole boys, things will never change for Morgantown.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Morgantown Forum right now

Search the Morgantown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min DITCH MITCH 144,853
Review: Andrea's Mission 10 hr Nana68 2
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 10 hr Anne 52 81,549
Justin Gladwell 28 yrs old from Clarksburg WV 13 hr lilmisses 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 19 hr LMS 26,171
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 19 hr LMS 16,112
places to rent or rent to own 22 hr mandi 8
•••
•••
•••
Morgantown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Morgantown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••