First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Port Orange, FL

#1 Jan 25, 2009
I have heard that Pamida was closing the 31st of this month. Does anyone know anything about that?
lorie

AOL

#2 Jan 25, 2009
yea my son works there and the doors cjose 31 have to have every think out buy feb 28
mike

Richmond, KY

#3 Jan 25, 2009
dam that sucks
Caughtit

Port Orange, FL

#4 Jan 26, 2009
MORGANTOWN CITY IS TALKING ABOUT CHANGING THE CITY LIMIT FROM 1 BLOCK IN EACH DIRECTION FROM THE COURT HOUSE AND WHY THEY ARE AT IT CHANGE MORGANTOWN TO ITS NEW NAME ROGRAYTERLINROMSCO OR THERE 2ND NAME WAS "FART IN THE WIND",
KY.ZIP CODE:4AHOSEERAY
Wondering

Utica, KY

#5 Jan 26, 2009
Now what does the city limit have to do with Pamida closing? I hate it when you all post stupid crap about ray west and all those others on a post about something different. Grow up man. It is stupid.
retired

Utica, KY

#6 Jan 26, 2009
Just leave Ray Alone he just got back on. If they keep sitting on their asses every thing will be gone except all their new vehicles
WHO KNOWS DORA

United States

#7 Jan 27, 2009
Wondering wrote:
Now what does the city limit have to do with Pamida closing? I hate it when you all post stupid crap about ray west and all those others on a post about something different. Grow up man. It is stupid.
Wondering,YOU DUMN FUCK.YOU EVER HEAR OF MORE INFORMATION TO THE FACT..
TALKING ABOUT STUPIT WHAT PART OF LEANARD OAK YOU FROM..NOW GET YOU STUPIT ASS OVER TO SOME TOPIX LIKE (I'M STUPIT IF I OPEN MY MOUTH)LOL LOL
Caughtit

United States

#8 Jan 27, 2009
WHO KNOWS DORA wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering,YOU DUMN FUCK.YOU EVER HEAR OF MORE INFORMATION TO THE FACT..
TALKING ABOUT STUPIT WHAT PART OF LEANARD OAK YOU FROM..NOW GET YOU STUPIT ASS OVER TO SOME TOPIX LIKE (I'M STUPIT IF I OPEN MY MOUTH)LOL LOL
Who was thats asshole anyway..where is leanard oak and do they act that stupit from the realy..
I thought he sounded more gay than anything else..The poor little queer,We had a queer who did our house work but he run off with some guy down the street,hey now that i think of it that guy down the street was from leanard oak i think..well later friend..
Sawdust

AOL

#10 Jan 30, 2009
Does anyone in Butler County know how to spell or write a complete sentence?
people magazine

Pineville, LA

#11 Feb 1, 2009
Sawdust wrote:
whas yea maet about thet.this ok.
rAnDYS

Pineville, LA

#12 Feb 1, 2009
NOW I KNOW ,THANKS
curious2

Auburn, KY

#13 Feb 6, 2009
Sawdust wrote:
lol!!!
curious2

Auburn, KY

#14 Feb 6, 2009
I went to Pamida today, they are closed.
I thought it was just a rumor.
oh well
big1

United States

#15 Feb 6, 2009
Who cares. pamida sucks azz anyway.
emanon

Marietta, GA

#16 Feb 7, 2009
big1 wrote:
Who cares. pamida sucks azz anyway.
It's just sad that ANOTHER M'town business closes down. Pretty soon there won't be anything left !
unclpat

Lewisburg, KY

#17 Feb 7, 2009
Why would any business want to locate in Butler County? The local politicians are idiots, the town has nothing to offer the young people, the local school system is a joke, and about half the people who live there are illiterate. I am a Butler county native, but I got out of there years ago, and the county as it currently stands is an embarassment to the state of Kentucky. The local radio station futher reinforces the image of Butler county as ignorant and backward. They shouldn't put people on the air that can't read.
emanon

Marietta, GA

#18 Feb 9, 2009
I agree with Unclpat. It appears the town is slowly dying.
happymom

Auburn, KY

#19 Feb 9, 2009
Being so negative about Morgantown won't help matters.
emanon

Marietta, GA

#20 Feb 9, 2009
How will unrealistic optimism help Morgantown ?
UnclPat's observations, while negative, are nonetheless reality. His correct observations are a consequence of a dying community. I am simply wondering what forces have led to the downward trend in Morgantown - because these forces have led to the decline of the area and the depressing reality of UnclPat. No one is throwing stones or poking fun at the town. Rather, it is sad to see the woeful state in which it finds itself. And it would be wonderful to see the trend reversed. But, "irrational exuberance" ( i.e., not being so negative ) will not undo the damage. The solution & understanding lies in finding the real cause - and even if that could be determined there is no guarantee that the damage could be repaired. It may be that Morgantown has simply passed its prime -(nobody's fault)- just fate and God's will.
unclpat

Auburn, KY

#21 Feb 9, 2009
I meant no disrespect to the residents of this community, it was simply an observation. If this once fine community ever is to heal itself, it must first face reality, and that reality is that most of the rest of the state believes Butler county, and Morgantown to be corrupt, backward, and not really ready to compete in the economy in which we find ourselves. The days of the sewing factories are long gone, and Butler county hasn't kept up as other counties in this area have. As long as the people there continue to elect idiots, rednecks, and good ole boys, things will never change for Morgantown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New weekend wbko weather boy (Jun '15) 9 min Smackers 26
WBKO wardrobe (Oct '12) 16 min Justin 57
Holly gable 18 min Ukno 17
WBKO Sports (Jan '16) 24 min Shawn 5
Best Confidential Informant ever (Aug '12) 1 hr Smh 58
Corvac (Jan '16) 2 hr Umm 25
Tony Phelps Sun Old family 10

Morgantown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance