What is there to do in Morgantown Tha...

What is there to do in Morgantown That is family friendly fun

Posted in the Morgantown Forum

Curious

Morgantown, KY

#1 Nov 9, 2012
I was just curious is there anything at all in Morgantown that a family can go do together or do you have to venture to other towns to find anything.
@-10

Auburn, KY

#2 Nov 9, 2012
Curious wrote:
I was just curious is there anything at all in Morgantown that a family can go do together or do you have to venture to other towns to find anything.
The park has 2 basketball courts, soccer field, 3 baseball fields, tennis courts, volley ball, a track and some open ground for anything else. Can't forget the play ground for the younger kids and the pool in the summer months. If you want something a little less crowded then north butler has a nice play ground and some basketball courts.

There are multiple boat ramps and a dam that allow fishing. There are also a few lakes here and there you can fish if you have a small John boat as well as some creeks. Crappie is a good fish to go after right now using light tackle. Just ask around and most people will tell you a good spot to find them.

There is a race track on highway 70 just outside of town. It may be close to closing for winter. Not sure about that right now. Also several go cart tracks scattered around.

There is a small arcade at pizza zone that's good for the kids if you want to eat and play for an hour or two.

In Woodbury you can go visit the old museum I believe. I have never been there but I'm sure they have some interesting things to see.

If you find a spot, hunting is always a good way to teach kids values like conservation and the importance of wildlife. Squirrel or rabbit is always a good start for the kids and ticks aren't a big worry right now.

Those are a few things, but a bowling alley would be nice.
Curious

Trinity, AL

#3 Nov 9, 2012
I simple yes would have sufficed. I sure anyone with half of a brain could have realized there is at least that much to do
Kent

Campbellsville, KY

#4 Nov 9, 2012
Curious wrote:
I simple yes would have sufficed. I sure anyone with half of a brain could have realized there is at least that much to do
then why did you ask you dumb fk!!!!! You must not even have half a brain!!!!! We dont even want your kind in our county!!!!
prevert

Louisville, KY

#5 Nov 9, 2012
Curious wrote:
maybe yout looking for a circle jerk under the bridge :)
Curious

Trinity, AL

#6 Nov 10, 2012
I didn't ask I just so happen to have used the same name as the first poster
@-10

Auburn, KY

#7 Nov 10, 2012
Curious wrote:
I didn't ask I just so happen to have used the same name as the first poster
Ok. Since I apparently stated the obvious, what are some of the other things that I missed?
Curious

Trinity, AL

#8 Nov 10, 2012
Well you can check out red witch hollow in Lenardoak and there's a golf course out 79 west and I have heard there are some family friendly hookers in huffingram
what a joke

Harvest, AL

#9 Nov 10, 2012
There's nothing to do in this boring ass town cuz they won't spend money to put stuff here instead they blow it on making damn bigger roads that we don't need.
Tom Tom

Madisonville, KY

#10 Nov 11, 2012
what a joke wrote:
There's nothing to do in this boring ass town cuz they won't spend money to put stuff here instead they blow it on making damn bigger roads that we don't need.
Thats the state doing that. State funds not City funds
@-10

Auburn, KY

#11 Nov 11, 2012
Curious wrote:
Well you can check out red witch hollow in Lenardoak and there's a golf course out 79 west and I have heard there are some family friendly hookers in huffingram
So I forgot to mention one thing??? All that fuss you made and you could only come up with one other legitimate thing??? Wow. You really saved the day there. Congrats.
Curious

Trinity, AL

#12 Nov 11, 2012
Thanks for all the optimism your a real great person
Lmao

United States

#13 Nov 11, 2012
Not to mention reading what dumb people write on topix is a great source of amusement
Wow

Trinity, AL

#14 Nov 11, 2012
Hey man dumb is a hurtful word is there any sense in using it
honestly

United States

#15 Nov 12, 2012
Get out of Morgantown:-). Nothing much friendly or fun in this horrid place.
Wow

Trinity, AL

#16 Nov 12, 2012
It's not that bad I kinda like it here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BC basketball coach 2 hr Standwatcher too 2
Jason Ausbrooks? 8 hr Haha 9
Bchs basketball coach 12 hr Voter on Tuesday 1
Calgon 15 hr Cal 1
Dakota lewellen Fri Relief 1
Maggie Evans Fri dwi 21
Butler County Wet Dry Election Tuesday January ... (Jan '16) Fri Baby shoes 62

Morgantown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance