New antenna tower in Morganton

New antenna tower in Morganton

Posted in the Morganton Forum

Skid Mark

Forest City, NC

#1 May 1, 2014
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the new expensive taxpayer funded fake tree tower that has been erected on Riverside Drive? It looks like a bottle brush with spikes sticking out of the top of it. I don't know how much it cost but it is ugly as hell. A regular slim line tower would have been better. Thanks Mel!
Mark Skid

Raleigh, NC

#2 May 2, 2014
you need some cheese to go with that wine?
Skid Mark

Forest City, NC

#3 May 3, 2014
Mark Skid wrote:
you need some cheese to go with that wine?
Yes troll I do. The city spent nearly 1/2 of a million dollars for that ugly thing.
TEACHER

Asheville, NC

#4 Aug 23, 2014
The real issue citizens and taxpayers in Morganton should be talking about is the Morganton City Council "Blackout" of Public Comments on Compas Cable during Morganton City Council Meetings each month. In case those of you want to know, when Compas Cable began business in 1992, a City Ordinance was passed on June 1st that year in which NO political interference would be permitted from the Mayor, City Council Members or anyone appointed to speak on behalf of Morganton City Government !
That City Ordinance remains in effect today in August of 2014 and is being "violated" each month where the Public is NOT allowed to speak at Regular City Council Meetings ! Think about it, when you attend a Burke County Commission Meeting, or any other Public Meeting in which the meeting is "broadcast" to the public at a later time, none of the other government bodies PREVENT or PROHIBIT citizen and taxpayer opinions the way the City of Morganton does !
People, work on this and "FIX" it, then get involved in day-to-day government activities and watch what happens !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Five Year Old Brat in the WH 8 min Doc 5
Trumpís Bold Declarations are BS 12 min Doc 95
Waco Is Making Some Mental Progress 17 min Doc 1
Cajah's Mountain Town Council 2 hr Facts 45
Why does West Caldwell Suck at every sport? (Nov '11) 2 hr Lmfao 52
Trump to cancel Obama coal regulations 2 hr Victoria 71
"We have a pathological liar in the WH" 5 hr Doc 11

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance