Please vote FOR the NC Marriage Amend...

Please vote FOR the NC Marriage Amendment

Posted in the Morganton Forum

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 29, 2012
I have been shock at the lies and falsehoods that gay people have been telling to try and scare good Christian folk into voting against this important issue. Brothers and sisters it is a FACT that MARRIAGE is BIBLICAL. Genesis 2:18-25 provides the blueprint for a Biblical marriage relationship. It gives us clear guidelines to have fulfilling marriage relationships AS GOD INTENDED. We can easily see certain deviant choices made by mankind when belief in God's Words diminishes. One is Homosexuality: Against God"s principle of one man and one woman in a fulfilling relationship

Some of the gays are saying "It is not about religion, it is about being fair and equal" Well Brothers and Sisters the fact is that IT IS about religion because God created marriage. It is his word, not mans. He created WOMAN from man purely as a mate.READ GENESIS 1

1:27 tell us: "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."

They were both created with equal status and both in God's image.
They were made distinct: Male and female.
Man and woman are created for different roles that are complimentary.
God created man first and to be a leader in the marriage and family relationship.
God declared that it is not good for man to be alone (v. 18)
Creation of woman (v. 21-22)
The goal of woman is to help man accomplish his God given tasks.

Despite the horror stories and lies the Gay folk are telling this amendment to the NC Constitution DOES NO HARM TO BUSINESS. There is no proof that businesses will move elsewhere if gays aren't allowed to marry. That's just wrong! The few businessman who have said that have proven to be un-Godly and motivated by politics.

Another horror story and lie that Gays are telling is that it will take away the rights of single parent children. This is a lie with no basis or fact. It is nothing more than fiction. NC's single family CHILDREN WILL NOT BE AFFECTED in the slightest according to a study done by the Campbell University Law Faculty.

PLEASE VOTE FOR the NC Marriage Amendment.
30 states have already defined marriage as one man married to one woman. NC will become the 31st with your help. Thank you so much for reading this, Rev C.E. Crowder, Church of God in Christ Holliness
must love dogs

Boone, NC

#2 Apr 29, 2012
I Agree 100%.
Stand for God.
Brent

Shawnee, KS

#3 Apr 29, 2012
I would offer 4 reasons to vote against this amendment.

1. Same-sex marriage is already prohibited by North Carolina law, and in reality, this amendment has little to do with “marriage.” Rather, the amendment could ban ALL legal recognition of committed but unmarried couples, both gay and straight.

2. This amendment would TAKE AWAY BENEFITS from committed couples. Voting “for” this proposal would ban ALL civil unions and domestic partnerships throughout the state. It would take away the ability of committed couples to take care of one another when making medical, financial, and other important life decisions. If someone says they support equal rights for LGBT people but just not marriage, then they should logically vote against the amendment now heading to the May 8 ballot.

3. THIS IS NOT how North Carolina should treat its people. We are all North Carolinians, and like the majority of North Carolinians polled in February, March, April, and September, we do not support this amendment. This amendment was the work of 105 people in the state legislature. As the only southeastern state currently without such an amendment in our state constitution, we should send a message to the rest of the country that North Carolina supports committed couples and does not want to limit their ability to take care of one another.

4. Our constitution should DEFEND people’s rights and freedoms – not DIMINISH them. Passage of the amendment would send a signal both within and outside the state that North Carolina is an intolerant, unwelcoming place. Our Constitution should be used to protect the rights and interests of all North Carolinians, not just the majority. This amendment turns that principle on its head by prohibiting any recognition of a commitment between two people because of who they love.
AbCat

Oldham, UK

#4 Apr 29, 2012
Please take your sexist and homophobic slurry and throw it back to the sewer from whence it came.

You are a disgrace to the Church and to your country.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5 Apr 30, 2012
Brent wrote:
I would offer 4 reasons to vote against this amendment.
1
2
3
4
Brent has a lot of misinformation! He obviously has not read the proposed amendment in it's entirety and is simply parroting the words of the broadside published by the Gay and Lesbian Taskforce

(As an aside I would like to point out that the 4 statements Brent has written are not his words. He has copied verbatim from the pamphlet distributed by former NC Democratic Party Director Jay Pharmley before he was FIRED FOR SEXUAL HARASSMENT of a male co-worker.)

1. Yes there is a law in NC Statutes forbiddding same sex marriages. What he fails to mention is that any Judge could overturn that law (as was done by a gay judge in California) allowing gay marriage. By putting it in our constitution no judge can declare it "UN"-constitutional since it WILL BE part of our constitution.

2. The bill will not alter or change any benefits now being enjoyed by non married couples living together. A panel of legal experts at Campbell University Law School made a detailed study of the law and it's ramifications and came to that conclusion based on NC and Federal law. THIS IS A LIE THAT GAYS ARE SCARING VOTERS WITH. In addition, there is no part of the law that bans or prohibits cohabitation.

Once again Brent is CONFUSED or trying to MISLEAD.(He left out part of the GLTF statement either because he got tired of typing or he wanted to mislead)

3. In a Democracy the will of the people will prevail. Sometimes we don't like it but that's the way it works. I don't like paying income tax but I do it. I don't agree with every law in NC but I abide by them.

If you don't like Democracy move somewhere else.(If I were you I would avoid Muslim countries where Homosexuality is a punished crime. In Saudi, a male who commits a second homosexual act, after being publicly flogged for the first one, has his genitalia shortened considerably by a sword like knife with no anesthesia)

4.(this point simply repeats point 3--and I do mean simply) THIRTY STATES ALREADY HAVE THIS DEFINITION IN THEIR CONSTITUTION. Doesn't it make you wonder why these homosexuals haven't protested in the other 30 states? After this bill passes and NC becomes the 31st state the state of Nebraska will likely become 32 next fall.
Sarah

Chapel Hill, NC

#7 May 2, 2012
People of faith, watch this, and remember your Christian duty to love all.
People of Faith Against Amendment One:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#8 May 2, 2012
Sarah wrote:
People of faith, watch this, and remember your Christian duty to love all.
People of Faith Against Amendment One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sFwFZd_EZdoXX
and we do love all Sarah. We do not despise the sinner, we despise the sin. There is no doubt that HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN, so is adultery. fornication, assault and theft. As committed Christians we will try to help each other to overcome our sinful nature and seek God's forgiveness.

I know one of the people who spoke in that video. I also know that they were pressured to appear in that video by a politician who told them that President Obama coming to the Democratic Convention would be embarrassed if NC didn't recognize the right of gays to marry.
Lake James

Asheville, NC

#9 May 2, 2012
I agree 100% with the Rev but as true Christians We should hate all sin and that means ALL.ABC stores The lottery etc Christians should stand bold for what they believe. We don't want to be lukewarm

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#10 May 3, 2012
Lake James wrote:
I agree 100% with the Rev but as true Christians We should hate all sin and that means ALL.ABC stores The lottery etc Christians should stand bold for what they believe. We don't want to be lukewarm
Amen brother. I have members of my congregation who are former alcoholics and drug abusers. They found redemption through GOD'S Holy Word and have been clean and sober ever since. They suffer guilt because of their past life and some are still paying a heavy price because of health issues....but, they all praise GOD for delivering them from out of the pit of hell they lived in. I thank GOD every day for allowing me to pastor them.
Sledge Hammer

Forest City, NC

#11 May 4, 2012
Rev C E Crowder wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen brother. I have members of my congregation who are former alcoholics and drug abusers. They found redemption through GOD'S Holy Word and have been clean and sober ever since. They suffer guilt because of their past life and some are still paying a heavy price because of health issues....but, they all praise GOD for delivering them from out of the pit of hell they lived in. I thank GOD every day for allowing me to pastor them.
Rev,
I bet you on the downlow brother.
Peace

Morganton, NC

#12 May 7, 2012
AbCat wrote:
Please take your sexist and homophobic slurry and throw it back to the sewer from whence it came.
You are a disgrace to the Church and to your country.
Grow Up! It is just your way of controlling others who just want to be who they are and be happy. They don't hurt you all at all! What are you Afraid of? Steal your wife or husband away from you?? No! They are who they are and whoever they want to be with and be happy...LET THEM BE! God loves us all no matter what! Move on to most important issues like economy and jobs INSTEAD OF TRYING TO CHANGE WHO WE ARE!! You all are wasting your TIME! PEACE!!
Black Man

Lenoir, NC

#13 May 10, 2012
Well NC will now really known as a redneck backwoods marry your 1st cousin state. No new businesses for this state.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14 May 28, 2012
Black Man wrote:
Well NC will now really known as a redneck backwoods marry your 1st cousin state. No new businesses for this state.
It has been almost a month since the election. People are still collecting their benefits, no ones insurance has been cancelled and new businesses are opening all over NC.

Face it, the GLTF lied to the voters of NC to try and scare them into voting against good legislation. The sky didn't fall Chicken Little!

Now the gays are calling the over 60% of the people of this state who wisely voted for Amendment one names.

We are ignorant
We are rednecks
We are bigots
We are backwards

That's just like spoiled kids. When you loose you call the winners names. But we forgive you.

Since: Apr 11

Morganton, NC

#15 Jun 3, 2012
if marriage IS strictly biblical, there should be no laws or amendments concerning it. there is a separation of church and state for a reason. by amending the constitution to reinforce the BIBLICAL definition of marriage, nc has violated the separation of church and state. your argument is invalid.

reread your bible, preacher. try not to ignore the rest of Leviticus this time. you can't pick and choose.

doesn't it also say something about how we should not judge, we should leave the judging to god? how it's not up to us to enforce god's will? so let the gay people get married in their own way, and don't worry about it. it's none of your business. if it is truly against god's will, let god punish them for their sins.
nobody

Greenville, SC

#16 Jun 3, 2012
paint it black wrote:
if marriage IS strictly biblical, there should be no laws or amendments concerning it. there is a separation of church and state for a reason. by amending the constitution to reinforce the BIBLICAL definition of marriage, nc has violated the separation of church and state. your argument is invalid.
reread your bible, preacher. try not to ignore the rest of Leviticus this time. you can't pick and choose.
doesn't it also say something about how we should not judge, we should leave the judging to god? how it's not up to us to enforce god's will? so let the gay people get married in their own way, and don't worry about it. it's none of your business. if it is truly against god's will, let god punish them for their sins.
don,t worry god will punish all who has not been washed in the blood of JESUS

Since: Apr 11

Morganton, NC

#17 Jun 3, 2012
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>don,t worry god will punish all who has not been washed in the blood of JESUS
oh please. i'm not worried one bit. it seems the christians and homophobes are the only ones who are.

doesn't it also say something about how all sins are equal? wouldn't that make being homosexual no worse than the sins you commit from day to day? do you want men to judge you for your sins, or is that god's job? don't be a hypocrite.

it's interesting that's all you have to say in response. blah blah blood of jesus. religion has no place in politics.

Since: Apr 11

Morganton, NC

#18 Jun 3, 2012
Lake James wrote:
I agree 100% with the Rev but as true Christians We should hate all sin and that means ALL.ABC stores The lottery etc Christians should stand bold for what they believe. We don't want to be lukewarm
so why aren't christians pushing to shut down ABC stores and the lottery too? what about strip clubs and churches of different religions? hair salons, even. and fire all the female teachers. no more football either. the bible is against them, so let's make it illegal, right?

oh wait... that would never happen, because it's unconstitutional.

so let's change the constitution, like we did for gay marriage?

i just don't get it.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#20 Jun 5, 2012
“It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.”---President George Washington

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --President John Adams

Since: Apr 11

Morganton, NC

#21 Jun 5, 2012
Are you denying that separation of church and state exists? Really? I think it's terribly sad that you can say nothing to defend your position. It would be nice if you could actually address the points I've made.

That being said, I can find quotes, too.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

-- The First Amendment

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Danbury Baptist Association, CT., Jan. 1, 1802

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."

Benjamin Franklin, in Toward The Mystery

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
67% of Taxpayers Don't Want to Pay for Trump's 7 hr Rock 89
FBI: Proof Trump Campaign Tied to Russia 8 hr Yes Liberal 2
Wiretapping of Trump " Incidental"!!!! 8 hr Rock 2
News Greer Labs sues ex-executive for $840,000 (Oct '14) 8 hr Southerngirl 17
Insane liberals fail to stop Trump 8 hr Rock 57
Trump's Approvals Reach Nixon's Exit Numbers 9 hr Rock 13
comey exposes crackpot trump 9 hr Rock 28

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages