Twist of Words

Washington, DC

#1 Sep 12, 2013
The POPE now says if you're an atheist or agnostic you can still go to heaven. Just live a moral life and listen to you conscience and when you die and face GOD you can convert on the spot and be saved. I canít find that verse in the Bible but if the POPE says it, it must be true.

But I wouldn't count it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-...
forum

Morganton, NC

#2 Sep 12, 2013
He's a false prophet with the antichrist spirit, a deceiver and not at all of God.
I wouldn't trust anything that he says to be true.
Jimmy

Ellenboro, NC

#3 Sep 13, 2013
Why are they no atheist church around here.Sounds like it could be some money in it.For the people that gets one started.Its alot of non believers.
say what?

Locust, NC

#4 Sep 13, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
Why are they no atheist church around here.Sounds like it could be some money in it.For the people that gets one started.Its alot of non believers.
Why would atheist need a church?? They don't believe.. Kinda like an ice plant needing a furnace..
forum

Morganton, NC

#5 Sep 14, 2013
[QUOTE who="say what?"]<quoted text>
Why would atheist need a church?? They don't believe.. Kinda like an ice plant needing a furnace..[/QUOTE]

There is an atheist church over in Europe in England I think it is. It's like a big pat you on your back how great you are get together kind of thing.
say what?

Knoxville, TN

#6 Sep 18, 2013
forum wrote:
[QUOTE who="say what?"]<quoted text>
Why would atheist need a church?? They don't believe.. Kinda like an ice plant needing a furnace.."

There is an atheist church over in Europe in England I think it is. It's like a big pat you on your back how great you are get together kind of thing.
More along the lines of a social club. That makes sense actually.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#7 Sep 18, 2013
I just can't believe someone is looking for an "atheist" church. Isn't that an oxymoron?
say what?

Knoxville, TN

#8 Sep 18, 2013
Dang wrote:
I just can't believe someone is looking for an "atheist" church. Isn't that an oxymoron?
Don't think any ones looking for one, just an observation of the subject matter. I'm with you, atheist and church don't quite go together. Lol. However I've seen stranger words together, like honest and politician . Lol.
Friendly Atheist

Mooresville, NC

#9 Sep 18, 2013
As an atheist, I don't want a church.

What I want is to sleep in on Sunday mornings, and to not have my tax dollars funding any kind of religious organization. I also don't want any religious test to be required to hold a job/public office/etc.. Other than that, I could care less. I'll have a beer with a Christian just as fast as I would with an atheist.
say what?

Knoxville, TN

#10 Sep 18, 2013
Friendly Atheist wrote:

What I want is to sleep in on Sunday mornings, and to not have my tax dollars funding any kind of religious organization. I also don't want any religious test to be required to hold a job/public office/etc.. Other than that, I could care less. I'll have a beer with a Christian just as fast as I would with an atheist.
That should be the attitude every one has. To each their own.. I myself believe tax exemptions for religious organizations are improper as these organizations have became tools for political propaganda.
Friendly Atheist

Mooresville, NC

#11 Sep 18, 2013
People can believe whatever they want, I could give a shit less. Whether you believe in god or I don't is inconsequential. The only time you'll see me get up in arms and be a dick about it is when someone is trying to force their religious (or non religious) beliefs on another.
Mike

Drexel, NC

#12 Sep 18, 2013
Friendly Atheist wrote:
...dang I want to sex you up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 30 min Red Square 59,764
christina marie (ratchet) radford Sep 19 hmm. 1
ashley marie gilley (Jun '12) Sep 19 dont judge. 4
James Moore (Jan '14) Sep 19 curious 2
Tony .Conway Duckworth (Feb '08) Sep 19 family. 4
Taylor Jordan and Autumn Jordan I hope u know I... (Apr '13) Sep 17 Teresa Watson HER... 13
The City of Morganton "Picks and Chooses" which... Sep 16 Concerned Citizen 3
•••
•••
Morganton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Morganton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Morganton People Search