Twist of Words

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

The POPE now says if you're an atheist or agnostic you can still go to heaven. Just live a moral life and listen to you conscience and when you die and face GOD you can convert on the spot and be saved. I canít find that verse in the Bible but if the POPE says it, it must be true.

But I wouldn't count it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-...
forum

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

He's a false prophet with the antichrist spirit, a deceiver and not at all of God.
I wouldn't trust anything that he says to be true.
Jimmy

Maiden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Why are they no atheist church around here.Sounds like it could be some money in it.For the people that gets one started.Its alot of non believers.
say what?

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Jimmy wrote:
Why are they no atheist church around here.Sounds like it could be some money in it.For the people that gets one started.Its alot of non believers.
Why would atheist need a church?? They don't believe.. Kinda like an ice plant needing a furnace..
forum

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

[QUOTE who="say what?"]<quoted text>
Why would atheist need a church?? They don't believe.. Kinda like an ice plant needing a furnace..[/QUOTE]

There is an atheist church over in Europe in England I think it is. It's like a big pat you on your back how great you are get together kind of thing.
say what?

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

forum wrote:
[QUOTE who="say what?"]<quoted text>
Why would atheist need a church?? They don't believe.. Kinda like an ice plant needing a furnace.."

There is an atheist church over in Europe in England I think it is. It's like a big pat you on your back how great you are get together kind of thing.
More along the lines of a social club. That makes sense actually.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

I just can't believe someone is looking for an "atheist" church. Isn't that an oxymoron?
say what?

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Dang wrote:
I just can't believe someone is looking for an "atheist" church. Isn't that an oxymoron?
Don't think any ones looking for one, just an observation of the subject matter. I'm with you, atheist and church don't quite go together. Lol. However I've seen stranger words together, like honest and politician . Lol.
Friendly Atheist

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

As an atheist, I don't want a church.

What I want is to sleep in on Sunday mornings, and to not have my tax dollars funding any kind of religious organization. I also don't want any religious test to be required to hold a job/public office/etc.. Other than that, I could care less. I'll have a beer with a Christian just as fast as I would with an atheist.
say what?

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Friendly Atheist wrote:

What I want is to sleep in on Sunday mornings, and to not have my tax dollars funding any kind of religious organization. I also don't want any religious test to be required to hold a job/public office/etc.. Other than that, I could care less. I'll have a beer with a Christian just as fast as I would with an atheist.
That should be the attitude every one has. To each their own.. I myself believe tax exemptions for religious organizations are improper as these organizations have became tools for political propaganda.
Friendly Atheist

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

People can believe whatever they want, I could give a shit less. Whether you believe in god or I don't is inconsequential. The only time you'll see me get up in arms and be a dick about it is when someone is trying to force their religious (or non religious) beliefs on another.
Mike

Maiden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Friendly Atheist wrote:
...dang I want to sex you up!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morganton Discussions

Search the Morganton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Justin Chambers...new thread 34 min Jcjourneymanelectrician 6
Family Dollar charges $1 for Cash Back (Jul '11) 1 hr wen 9
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 2 hr State of Florida 56,623
good seperation/custody lawyer in lenoir 3 hr Please 3
The Alibi 3 hr Heather76 12
Indian Grave Road 3 hr almost 5
Smiley Face Crossroads 3 hr UofH-m 9
•••
•••
•••
Morganton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Morganton Jobs