1,308 votes

Click on an option to vote

Allen Jones

Lance Wilson

Arrowwood

Charlotte, NC

#123 Nov 26, 2013
dont be blind wrote:
<quoted text>That's what I dont get about making a big deal about Ben in the first place. Ben stood up to Jones the entire time he was a commissioner. When Jones tried to make back room deals with Ben like he has other commissioners Ben refused so Jones and CCSO embarked on a campaign to get him out of the way. People are so blind to things that go on around here, Ben actually has been one of the best commissioners we have had to look out after the bottom line. He cramped Jones spend spend spend style and the sad thing is Jones spent all the budget on his and his friends toys, many of who dont even work there anymore. I wonder how much of that equipment and firearms left with them along with the money Amy took. We have never in our county history had such a corrupt system as we do now.
Ben knows dirt on Jones, and it will come out this election. The lies Jones told and the backdoored deals he tried to make to benefit himself. Jones thinks he is untouchable, but he is getting ready to get a lesson in "how the mighty can fall". And we all have a front row seat......
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#124 Nov 26, 2013
It looks like the court reversed an earlier district court ruling and decided that the sheriff and his officers were shielded from liability by sovereign immunity. That is because the court decided that probable cause did exist even though certain exculpatory evidence was not given to or considered by the magistrate who issued the probable cause order.. It appears that Anderson's claim against the county's surety company can be heard.
Can you name some of the other lawsuits?
no show Jones wrote:
<quoted text>To my surprise even for this Judicial District the county managed to get out of it last I heard, Lord only knows how. They still have about a half a dozen or more lawsuits pending against the sheriffs department and a few they settled out of court though so we are not out of the woods yet.
helper

Lenoir, NC

#125 Nov 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
It looks like the court reversed an earlier district court ruling and decided that the sheriff and his officers were shielded from liability by sovereign immunity. That is because the court decided that probable cause did exist even though certain exculpatory evidence was not given to or considered by the magistrate who issued the probable cause order.. It appears that Anderson's claim against the county's surety company can be heard.
Can you name some of the other lawsuits?
<quoted text>
The last one I seen was the one where ccso illegally (without a warrant or PC) entered a retired 70 some year old man's house, beat him and confiscated his firearms. He had to get a lawyer to get his firearms back and the county just settled with him outside of court. This case in particular is a rather disgusting abuse of power by inexperienced deputies with poor leadership and all too typical of their behavior.

I think they just lost the civil case against them about the gentleman they shot nine times a few years back on a botched drug raid. This is the same incident where Capt. Longo shot himself by accident then proceeded to give himself a purple heart.

I know there are others but I cant recall the specifics of each and everyone. At one time there were around 14 pending civil actions against Jones and ccso but I think its been whittled down to half a dozen or so last I had heard. I dont know what happened to a case the NACCP was going to bring on the Sheriffs Office a year or so ago pertaining to alleged abuse of a prisoner by former road Lt. Chris Martin. I think they settled after Martin was "demoted" to Detective Sgt.

I am not sure of the case where former Lt.McManus allegedly beat a handicap kid in custody, he had been fired for that at a previous agency before coming to ccso and was allowed to retire early after this incident.

The lawsuits are public knowledge but good luck getting them to give up the goods if you request it. They will do everything in their power at the county office to give you the run around, Hope this helps some.
IRS

Bristol, VA

#126 Nov 27, 2013
office rat wrote:
Really? Did anyone expect to see Alan up there lol. He just sits back at home and has bj foreskin make sure he has plenty of deputies up there to write names and tags down of anyone around Wilson. The only time Alan comes downtown is to get plastered at the alibi or to go plot and scheme with his inside man little Jimmy at the county office.
Jones can't take time from his side businesses to do his job, he shows up to get paid but quickly gone again so he don't have to answer questions or run the department. The best thing for Wilson is that jones has had a full term to show Caldwell County just how worthless he really is.
waldo jones

Lenoir, NC

#127 Nov 27, 2013
IRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Jones can't take time from his side businesses to do his job, he shows up to get paid but quickly gone again so he don't have to answer questions or run the department. The best thing for Wilson is that jones has had a full term to show Caldwell County just how worthless he really is.
Very good observation. Hopefully the voters in this county will see the same thing and I think in the coming months they will as the Wilson Campaign starts to go full speed. Wilson will call him out publicly and he will have to answer up and if Jones continues to evade it will speak volumes to public, he cant hide now. Hopefully Jones and his cult of personality will use their time wisely looking for jobs in advance of their coming departure.
NotAgain

Bristol, VA

#128 Nov 28, 2013
I will not vote for that son of a b**ch again! he hasn't done a damn thing he said he was gonna do and you can never get a hold of him or anyone other than that stupid fat bastard that returns the sheriffs phone calls. If I wanted to talk to the fat bastard, I would call Austin powers. Bye bye jones and take BJ with you.
fire them

Lenoir, NC

#129 Nov 28, 2013
NotAgain wrote:
I will not vote for that son of a b**ch again! he hasn't done a damn thing he said he was gonna do and you can never get a hold of him or anyone other than that stupid fat bastard that returns the sheriffs phone calls. If I wanted to talk to the fat bastard, I would call Austin powers. Bye bye jones and take BJ with you.
That's the truth. I swear I think BJ probably wipes Jones's butt for him. I wonder if Jones will have BJ debate Wilson for him. Those sorry ass detectives and most of the command staff are just as bad. I cant wait until Wilson comes in and fires every single one he can. The ones he cant fire right off the bat he can give them jobs cleaning the toilets in the jail. It will be nice to have a real Sheriff and real Deputies for once in this county in a long time.
David

Boone, NC

#130 Nov 29, 2013
sherrrrrifs wrote:
It is only sheriff. Not Congress, not governor, not even school board. Its sheriff. Who really cares? It ain't his job to preach or save souls. He needs to hire and fire deputies and be a public personality, which Jones is not. No impact on our county at all.
No impact? Until a county gets a corrupt sherrif. Every political office has the potential for an impact, good or bad.
voter education

Lenoir, NC

#131 Nov 29, 2013
David wrote:
<quoted text>
No impact? Until a county gets a corrupt sherrif. Every political office has the potential for an impact, good or bad.
A lot of people do not realize the impact of the office of Sheriff, it has a lot to do with a lack of civics today in our education system and around here a lot to do with political and voter apathy. Some people just see the outside which would just appear that the Sheriff is just a symbolic outdated memory of the past but it reaches much further especially in the south and in North Carolina. If someone is from the northeast or midwest then its understandable how one would not understand as the Sheriff is just a figure head in most cases without any power however this is not the case here.

The office of Sheriff is the only Constitutional elected office in the state, basically its the only office that is promised and guaranteed by the NC state Constitution. The Sheriff is the only elected official sworn to defend its citizens over any state or federal oppression in short they are sworn to the citizens not the government. You have to ask yourself, has Alan Jones lived up to this massive responsibility? Will he in the future if reelected? In an interview with the Caldwell County Tea Party he has went on record as stating he would NOT stand in the way of federal officials if a gun ban was imposed. Just a side note to ponder. If he will roll over there where else will he roll over.

The Sheriff influences all aspects of local government and politics whether you notice it or not and it has always been this way. It happens in this county daily in most cases secretly and behind the scenes. Our current Sheriff controls the Republican party which controls all aspects of the current political and government scene. Even in the realm of school board elections which are on paper as non partisan they are still influenced by the political parties that back them from behind the scenes. These local parties make recommendations on who to vote for from school board to Senate and Congressional representatives and if the Sheriff controls the local party he controls who the party followers vote for.

I say to anyone concerned about the future of your county do not disregard the upcoming Sheriffs election as just another non important local election. It can be one of the most important elections that you yourself can actually have a say in that will influence your daily life whether you see it or not. You dont have to be a customer of the Sheriffs Office to actually feel its effect, it truly is an unseen force in local politics.

Now about the candidates, You all should be well aware of the problems in our local Sheriffs Office, do you want this influencing our local politics and county government? If you dont know about Lance Wilson then I implore you to visit his website, a simple Google search of Lance Wilson for Sheriff 2014 will take you there and show you his Facebook page as well. Do your research and PLEASE go vote accordingly on May 6th 2014.

Its time to take back our government and the fight starts in our own backyard, thank you for your time.
CantWait

Spruce Pine, NC

#132 Nov 30, 2013
fire them wrote:
<quoted text>That's the truth. I swear I think BJ probably wipes Jones's butt for him. I wonder if Jones will have BJ debate Wilson for him. Those sorry ass detectives and most of the command staff are just as bad. I cant wait until Wilson comes in and fires every single one he can. The ones he cant fire right off the bat he can give them jobs cleaning the toilets in the jail. It will be nice to have a real Sheriff and real Deputies for once in this county in a long time.
I hope B j shows up to debate Lance, he is already begging Lance for a Job when he wins.
ha ha

Lenoir, NC

#133 Nov 30, 2013
CantWait wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope B j shows up to debate Lance, he is already begging Lance for a Job when he wins.
Lol I know but BJ isn't the only one trying to play both side of the fence. Wait until after next May and see how many come out saying "oh I was supporting Lance all along" "that wasnt me bad mouthing and cussing him at every turn" lol just wait and see.
VeryTrue

Spruce Pine, NC

#134 Dec 2, 2013
David wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, look at how the sheriff has affected politics locally, that speaks volumes.
caldwell kid

Newland, NC

#135 Dec 2, 2013
VeryTrue wrote:
<quoted text>Very true, look at how the sheriff has affected politics locally, that speaks volumes.
Seems like to me jones has not started to campaign and wilson has started to fizzle out already .Neither one seem real motivated, I guess both dudes think they have it won. Best I can tell hearing people talk at work it's about even right now , not a dimes diffetence in the two by # of votes they would get if they had a vote now , I'd say its about a tie, maybe jones alittle ahead.. guess time will tell who can out fox who and who can get organized and who can't . Neither one told how they gonna make it better or what they gonna change, they just talking but not saying nothing but political bull we all have heard before. I ain't voting for either one till somebody comes up with a plan and some facts to back it up, promises don't mean nothing without a plan. We heard it all before
VeryTrue

Spruce Pine, NC

#136 Dec 2, 2013
caldwell kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like to me jones has not started to campaign and wilson has started to fizzle out already .Neither one seem real motivated, I guess both dudes think they have it won. Best I can tell hearing people talk at work it's about even right now , not a dimes diffetence in the two by # of votes they would get if they had a vote now , I'd say its about a tie, maybe jones alittle ahead.. guess time will tell who can out fox who and who can get organized and who can't . Neither one told how they gonna make it better or what they gonna change, they just talking but not saying nothing but political bull we all have heard before. I ain't voting for either one till somebody comes up with a plan and some facts to back it up, promises don't mean nothing without a plan. We heard it all before
Wilson has been very clear about what he will do and how he will do it...let me say it again, Wilson will bring integrity back to the Sheriffs office and remove the corruption that has settled in there and all those that are not doing their job and rightfully earning the taxpayers money for their salaries.
From the look of this survey, I would say that Wilson is ahead by more than a couple votes......
Nice try BJ, Lance says that you will have a job when he wins, but it will be doing something you are actually qualified to do like answering the phone or making copies.
caldwell kid

Newland, NC

#137 Dec 2, 2013
VeryTrue wrote:
<quoted text>Wilson has been very clear about what he will do and how he will do it...let me say it again, Wilson will bring integrity back to the Sheriffs office and remove the corruption that has settled in there and all those that are not doing their job and rightfully earning the taxpayers money for their salaries.
From the look of this survey, I would say that Wilson is ahead by more than a couple votes......
Nice try BJ, Lance says that you will have a job when he wins, but it will be doing something you are actually qualified to do like answering the phone or making copies.
I'm not bj, or even police or decided who I'll vote for yet.again all I've heard is about religion, morals, intregrity which don't tell me what I and most voters want to know. All politicians use those same lines just like all used car salesmen offer the cheapest prices. Before I vote I wanna how is it gonna be safer for my kids, what's going to be done to stop all the stealing, how's he gonna slow down the meth and pill heads roaming our county. Telling crooks he's got morals religion and integrity I doubt will stop them. We do need some changes here but we wanna know what we are getting. Not saying this in a bad way but I hope your not one of Wilsons advisors because you running him down the wrong path. I guess your survey shows him way ahead but you talk to his regulat supporters, I talk to people at work that are not into politics and a bunch have never heard of Wilson before, as you said "let me tell you again" that approach will not get you many votes. Nobody gives a rats ass about canned campaign promises, we want to know what the game plan is to fix the crime problems here. And don't tell me religion morals or integrity again, that makes it sound like you ain't got a plan only promises and hope things get better. I and a bunch of others are undecided and trying to give both sides the benefit of the doubt but seems like if we ask questions people get all defensive and stuff, why is that, does nobody think they need our votes. I bet u the votes are alot closer than u think and if you keep telling Wilson he's winning by a landslide, you'll cost him the sheriffs job. Let me say again I hope your not one of his advisors cause your wrong my friend.
old republican

Lenoir, NC

#138 Dec 2, 2013
VeryTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilson has been very clear about what he will do and how he will do it...let me say it again, Wilson will bring integrity back to the Sheriffs office and remove the corruption that has settled in there and all those that are not doing their job and rightfully earning the taxpayers money for their salaries.
Well I agree and I am backing Wilson 100% but I do see the validity in what that person said about Wilson not getting out there enough. You and I may know what Wilson has to offer but does the rest of the county. I dont think its as close right now as the other person eludes to but as May gets here it will all come down to how many Wilson can get out to the polls in my opinion, so far he isn't getting the message out.
I dont think its because Wilson thinks its "in the bag" so to speak but just a lack of information as to how people around here vote. He should not waste a minute of time nor should he ever let the election get off peoples minds for a second. I dont know if people in his camp are telling him its going to be easy or what but it wont be. I haven't seen any signs out and if he is waiting for Jones to start he has already waited too late. I just hope he doesn't listen to the wrong people but other than that I still say he is the best man for the job, I just hope he realizes he has to start fighting before its too late.
caldwell kid

Newland, NC

#139 Dec 2, 2013
old republican wrote:
<quoted text>Well I agree and I am backing Wilson 100% but I do see the validity in what that person said about Wilson not getting out there enough. You and I may know what Wilson has to offer but does the rest of the county. I dont think its as close right now as the other person eludes to but as May gets here it will all come down to how many Wilson can get out to the polls in my opinion, so far he isn't getting the message out.
I dont think its because Wilson thinks its "in the bag" so to speak but just a lack of information as to how people around here vote. He should not waste a minute of time nor should he ever let the election get off peoples minds for a second. I dont know if people in his camp are telling him its going to be easy or what but it wont be. I haven't seen any signs out and if he is waiting for Jones to start he has already waited too late. I just hope he doesn't listen to the wrong people but other than that I still say he is the best man for the job, I just hope he realizes he has to start fighting before its too late.
I don't doubt Wilson a good person from what little I know but your right most people have not heard if him. I've heard over an over about lawsuits and moral and illegal stuff in the dept now but not one ounce of proof, nothing in news or papers other than the Anderson thing and Anderson lost and the home arrest officers but he was not charged. I'm just saying some of Wilsons people need to give some facts and give some plans for the future other than religion and moral changes. I'm afraid Wilson is being advised by some of the wrong people that think they know everything but dont and that will cost him votes and sheriffs job if he's not careful which is a bad way to lose. You can tell who ever is advising hims not use to politics and a bunch just seem to be ex jones people trying to get back at him just like the other person saying im bj, I don't even know bj other than seeing him with jones before .. What us voters are looking for with Wilson is facts and plans not arguments with his advisors
Change

Spruce Pine, NC

#140 Dec 3, 2013
People will vote for Wilson just because Jones hasn't done anything but stir controversy, I don't know where the caldwell kid is living, but apparently he doesn't read the paper or eat at any local places cause all they talk about is Jones sex scandal that lost him 6 employees, another employee stealing thousands that he swept under the rug, another employee that traded favors for sex while in charge of house arrest people and other scandals....least to mention the Anderson investigation that he wouldn't change a thing.......
Also Wilson should get out more? Lol, I haven't seen Jones since that fat guy brought him to a local business trying to tell everyone why they should vote for him, while Jones just stood there looking like an idiot. When they left, we all looked at each other and said, WTH was that?
caldwell kid

Newland, NC

#141 Dec 3, 2013
Change wrote:
People will vote for Wilson just because Jones hasn't done anything but stir controversy, I don't know where the caldwell kid is living, but apparently he doesn't read the paper or eat at any local places cause all they talk about is Jones sex scandal that lost him 6 employees, another employee stealing thousands that he swept under the rug, another employee that traded favors for sex while in charge of house arrest people and other scandals....least to mention the Anderson investigation that he wouldn't change a thing.......
Also Wilson should get out more? Lol, I haven't seen Jones since that fat guy brought him to a local business trying to tell everyone why they should vote for him, while Jones just stood there looking like an idiot. When they left, we all looked at each other and said, WTH was that?
Alrighty then, I got your message, keep on thinking that. But know people gossiping while I'm eating out and facts are not the same. Don't know what paper u read but I ain't read nothing about coverups pushed under rug, that's gossip far as I'm looking at it. Paper I read says Anderson lost abd house arrest guy not charged so tell me what to read that says different. All I was trying to say was alot of people ain't heard of Wilson before and some that did hear same old politic stuff every election, religion. Morals and intergriy, sorry those lines are old news, ever time I've asked about Wilson somebody gets on their high horse and get pissy about it. You'll never win like that, keep believing what you saying and you guys will never see what a win looks like because it's like some of his advisors are way wrong. Your not as famous as u think pal. I am undecided either way but Wilson better reel in some of his people and find out truth and slow down their holier than thou attitude or jones will be in office next 4 years.
BrentK

Charlotte, NC

#142 Dec 3, 2013
Change wrote:
I haven't heard anything negative about Mr. Wilson, someone tried to say that since he is religious, that would interfere with him being Sheriff...I disagree. I have heard many negative things about Sheriff Jones ever since he won his first election, from the people he is friends with, that he is never at the department, he hired people to work there that had criminal records and even promoted them, covers up things that will make his office look bad and much more. People in this town are very religious and don't go for those kind of things, I don't have to see everything in the paper, but where there is smoke, there is fire and apparently there are many blazes burning at the Caldwell County Sheriffs Office and with Alan Jones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burke County Court Rm 2 -Injured Victims 1 hr witch busters 5
Burke County DA & Judge -Behind Police Brutality 20 hr Voice of our Press 1
Burke County Sheriff Officers -Police Brutality Tue Senior Advocate 7
Rev.Homer Murdock & Barb-where are you??? Tue Baptist Leaders 1
Meth head witches on the loop still stealing Mon DA Good Bye 6
Sheriff Officers injured disabled lady by exces... May 22 Wegointowinwinlos... 2
drugs charges- ashley nicole addison May 21 Just Saying 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages