Who will you support for Sheriff?

Who will you support for Sheriff?

Created by MoreGOP on Oct 27, 2013

1,308 votes

Click on an option to vote

Allen Jones

Lance Wilson

my 2 cents

Lenoir, NC

#103 Nov 19, 2013
Local Dem wrote:
Its great to see a bloody battle in the Republican primary. Jones has BJ & Wilson has Ben. U must decide which is worst and its a true toss-up. Its looking like a retired seasoned veteran of law enforcement will be running as a Dem and picking up the pieces for a win..
You know good and well Jones and BJ are not even in the same category as Wilson. Ben may be supporting Wilson but he does so just as a private citizen and further more I have never understood the resentment towards Ben, I hear a lot of stuff and accusations but never see any proof or anything even close to something realistic.

Its as simple as this, Ben hates Jones and the feeling is mutual so it stands to reason Jones's crew in the Republican party will naturally do whatever to make him sound bad. They are the very ones trying to make a big deal out of Ben supporting Wilson because they know how some people feel about it.

To call it a toss up is completely insane. It would be a toss up if Jones was running against Saddam Hussein or Satan... maybe. Please elaborate about your Democrat candidate as this is something interesting but all I can say is good luck. A Democrat has about as much a chance winning in this county as Sheriff as I do winning the lottery, just too much has went on in national politics to make it possible for a Democrat to win much around here, they wouldn't even be able to beat Jones in November if Jones was still in it by then. Your candidate may be an excellent candidate but they are putting themselves behind the eight ball running as a Democrat.
Arney

Marion, NC

#104 Nov 20, 2013
Ben is not perfect, but anyone trying make a big deal out of that is clearly a Jones supporter. Everyone knows that Jones and Ben had a falling out, too bad since Jones tried to make some behind the scenes deals before Ben was voted out. Jones sold his employees out, lied about his whereabouts, lied about his budget and all while getting himself a bigger salary and a new car! When this hits the public, he will lose even more support. He will have to answer these questions and more either in a debate or in the editorials since they won't be screened by Bj's buddy anymore........can't wait until election time!!!!!
dont be blind

Lenoir, NC

#105 Nov 20, 2013
Arney wrote:
Ben is not perfect, but anyone trying make a big deal out of that is clearly a Jones supporter. Everyone knows that Jones and Ben had a falling out, too bad since Jones tried to make some behind the scenes deals before Ben was voted out. Jones sold his employees out, lied about his whereabouts, lied about his budget and all while getting himself a bigger salary and a new car! When this hits the public, he will lose even more support. He will have to answer these questions and more either in a debate or in the editorials since they won't be screened by Bj's buddy anymore........can't wait until election time!!!!!
That's what I dont get about making a big deal about Ben in the first place. Ben stood up to Jones the entire time he was a commissioner. When Jones tried to make back room deals with Ben like he has other commissioners Ben refused so Jones and CCSO embarked on a campaign to get him out of the way. People are so blind to things that go on around here, Ben actually has been one of the best commissioners we have had to look out after the bottom line. He cramped Jones spend spend spend style and the sad thing is Jones spent all the budget on his and his friends toys, many of who dont even work there anymore. I wonder how much of that equipment and firearms left with them along with the money Amy took. We have never in our county history had such a corrupt system as we do now.
MBarlowe

Spruce Pine, NC

#106 Nov 20, 2013
dont be blind wrote:
<quoted text>That's what I dont get about making a big deal about Ben in the first place. Ben stood up to Jones the entire time he was a commissioner. When Jones tried to make back room deals with Ben like he has other commissioners Ben refused so Jones and CCSO embarked on a campaign to get him out of the way. People are so blind to things that go on around here, Ben actually has been one of the best commissioners we have had to look out after the bottom line. He cramped Jones spend spend spend style and the sad thing is Jones spent all the budget on his and his friends toys, many of who dont even work there anymore. I wonder how much of that equipment and firearms left with them along with the money Amy took. We have never in our county history had such a corrupt system as we do now.
This sheriff is an idiot, he will answer some questions and it will be very public,
Why did he not fire and charge that secretary that stole county, not the sheriffs, money?
Why does he allow ranking members of his staff to break the law and be treated different?
Why is he spending over $8,000.00 dollars on needless accessories for his buddies/command staff cars?
Why has he been paid for working other jobs and hasn't taken vacation from his county job?
Why has he received campaign donations from people that he has not reported as per the law?
Why does he allow employees to drive county cars to their home out of the county?
Why has the sheriff repeatedly avoided the medias questions pertaining to misconduct in his department?
Why has the sheriff not truthfully answered questions under oath pertaining to a civil lawsuit against him?

There are many more questions the sheriff will have to answer, because they will be in every paper, and at every public function he attends........
light of truth

Lenoir, NC

#107 Nov 20, 2013
MBarlowe wrote:
<quoted text>
This sheriff is an idiot, he will answer some questions and it will be very public,
Why did he not fire and charge that secretary that stole county, not the sheriffs, money?
Why does he allow ranking members of his staff to break the law and be treated different?
Why is he spending over $8,000.00 dollars on needless accessories for his buddies/command staff cars?
Why has he been paid for working other jobs and hasn't taken vacation from his county job?
Why has he received campaign donations from people that he has not reported as per the law?
Why does he allow employees to drive county cars to their home out of the county?
Why has the sheriff repeatedly avoided the medias questions pertaining to misconduct in his department?
Why has the sheriff not truthfully answered questions under oath pertaining to a civil lawsuit against him?
There are many more questions the sheriff will have to answer, because they will be in every paper, and at every public function he attends........
All of those are very good and very accurate questions to ask him but the problem as always is finding Jones to even ask him. No show Jones only makes appearances at places he thinks are loyal to him and then he only stays a very short time. He usually has BJ with him to run interference and divert troubling questions away from the Sheriff. during the Sawmills FD Ham Day Jones showed up for a whopping 5 minutes then was gone in a flash, Wilson on the other hand stayed and talked to people for what seemed like forever.

Those questions you just asked are only the tip of one huge ugly garbage pile Jones and his people have tried desperately to cover up and God only knows what we dont know about. It would be nice if Jones had the intestinal fortitude to show up to a debate but we know that's not going to happen.
Duped

Spruce Pine, NC

#108 Nov 21, 2013
NoMore wrote:
I helped the Jones campaign last election as a favor to a friend because her husband works at the sheriffs office, I won't be doing that again or asking our family and friends to vote for him or display his yard signs or bumper stickers. My friends husband told me that he loves his job but thinks sheriff jones is a joke and constantly lies to his employees. He said that no one there cares if Jones loses except his command staff. He tells us all the things that goes on up there and I can't believe how crooked that place is and how Jones acts like he don't know anything but behind closed doors, he really calls the shots.....
Don't feel bad, many of us were fooled by false promises of the Jones campaign. I am ashamed to say I voted for him.
Local Dem

Simpsonville, SC

#109 Nov 21, 2013
I am not a Jones supporter. Other than BJ, he has Whitey, Harvey, Jack, Jetter & all of the other criminals. When u see a Jones bumper Sticker on many of the vehicles that u see them on, it looks like a get out of jail free card. Lance's supporters do not realize the liabiliy of having Ben as a money man & a supporter truly is. Folks in Caldwell county were not happy when Boss Hogg was chair of the county commission
Duped

Spruce Pine, NC

#110 Nov 21, 2013
Local Dem wrote:
I am not a Jones supporter. Other than BJ, he has Whitey, Harvey, Jack, Jetter & all of the other criminals. When u see a Jones bumper Sticker on many of the vehicles that u see them on, it looks like a get out of jail free card. Lance's supporters do not realize the liabiliy of having Ben as a money man & a supporter truly is. Folks in Caldwell county were not happy when Boss Hogg was chair of the county commission
I'll vote for Wilson with Ben's money before I'll vote for a corrupt Sheriff surrounded by idiots and crooks!
yup

Lenoir, NC

#111 Nov 21, 2013
Duped wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll vote for Wilson with Ben's money before I'll vote for a corrupt Sheriff surrounded by idiots and crooks!
Amen to that!!!
Hatley

Spruce Pine, NC

#112 Nov 22, 2013
Corrupt wrote:
Lets talk experience for a bit. Currently, You have a Captain that was a trooper, got fired from shp for sex on duty and is now Captain over support services, really and you talk about Wilson and his experience and him being a trooper. You have another Captain who just left to become an asst fire chief at granite who came in later than Wilson who botched the Anderson case, really? You have another Captain who worked at the prison and is now over Investigations, really? You had another Captain who was able to resign after having sexual relations with numerous employees and had the same number of years as Wilson, really? You have another Captain who gets promoted from public info officer who does
not have a clue, really?? You have Lts up there being promoted at an average of 5-6 years on, really. Sgts up there getting promoted with 1-2 yrs. This is a lack if experience. And we talk about Wilsons experience? He is a near 20 yr vet with the tools needed. Quit hating this Christian man as this is the best we have seen come forth in years. I like the platform of morals first. Not sure thus dept has ever had this. Defin. not in many years. You do not have a point!!! You are clueless when it comes to service in law enforcement and you are lost. These public servants should be held to a higher standard. I believe Wilson will surround himself with well qualified moral individuals who will get this county back in track and if you are not with this you are on the losing side.
The church vote will definitely decide this election!
i hope

Lenoir, NC

#113 Nov 23, 2013
Hatley wrote:
<quoted text>
The church vote will definitely decide this election!
Well hopefully it will if they come out and vote. This election will come down to people actually voting as I dont think Jones will get that many out to the polls. I figure Jones will eventually start making his rounds begging for support again but he might as well just stay at home and spend his time finding a job for the future, maybe he will hire his buddies that will be needing a job as well.
come out

United States

#114 Nov 23, 2013
Hey if anyone would like to meet Wilson he has a booth set up in downtown Lenoir for the Christmas festival today. Good time to come out and ask questions or get bumper stickers. I think he will be there until 4.
RuralCarrier

Spruce Pine, NC

#115 Nov 23, 2013
come out wrote:
Hey if anyone would like to meet Wilson he has a booth set up in downtown Lenoir for the Christmas festival today. Good time to come out and ask questions or get bumper stickers. I think he will be there until 4.
I did see lance and he was very nice and spoke to everyone. I went looking for Sheriff Jones and couldn't find him. I did see a couple of his supporters keeping an eye on Lance and who he was talking to.
festival

Montgomery, AL

#116 Nov 23, 2013
I went to the festival today also. I noticed Wilson talking with everyone. If today is any indication Wilson will win. His booth was crowded all day, sometimes with 15-20 visitors at a time. He is a people person. He has a great personality unlike Jones. He does not have one. And I can say Jones was not seen once again.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#117 Nov 23, 2013
What ever happened with the Anderson lawsuit against Caldwell county?
no show Jones

Lenoir, NC

#118 Nov 23, 2013
I seen the same thing, Lance had a huge crowd around his tent just about the whole time but Jones was nowhere to be found. I did see one of his deputies I know walking around and watching the whole time while talking on his cell phone. He kept changing positions in the crowd and kept his eyes on the tent the whole time. hey Jones if you wanted to see how Lance was doing maybe you should have come set up and talked to people too. Ole no show Jones lives up to his nickname once again.
no show Jones

Lenoir, NC

#119 Nov 23, 2013
TSF wrote:
What ever happened with the Anderson lawsuit against Caldwell county?
To my surprise even for this Judicial District the county managed to get out of it last I heard, Lord only knows how. They still have about a half a dozen or more lawsuits pending against the sheriffs department and a few they settled out of court though so we are not out of the woods yet.
office rat

United States

#120 Nov 24, 2013
Really? Did anyone expect to see Alan up there lol. He just sits back at home and has bj foreskin make sure he has plenty of deputies up there to write names and tags down of anyone around Wilson. The only time Alan comes downtown is to get plastered at the alibi or to go plot and scheme with his inside man little Jimmy at the county office.
For Whom the Bell Tolls

Maryville, TN

#121 Nov 25, 2013
Gooooo Wilson!!!!!!
John Donne

Lenoir, NC

#122 Nov 25, 2013
That's right Jones, if you ask for whom the bells tolls... it tolls for thee. See you in May.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You win, Waco. 12 min State of Florida 36
In just 2 months, Trump is the worst President ... 7 hr State of Florida 665
Trump is Leading Us to Recession 8 hr TSF 97
USS CARL VINSON heads for North Korea 8 hr TSF 2
So sad so Fri Moose Knuckle 2
The Democrats downward spiral continues Apr 19 corjo 1
Media claims Trump threw hat at child,video say... Apr 19 corjo 1

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages