1,308 votes

Click on an option to vote

Allen Jones

Lance Wilson

say what?

Newland, NC

#83 Nov 10, 2013
Shadowrunner wrote:
<quoted text>When you have convicted felons working for your campaign, a former inmate that somehow "gets" a badge and uses it in a home invasion/robbery, something is wrong. When you have employees causing more problems than what they face out on the street, something is wrong. When your campaign party goes around and knocks down and vandalizes the signs of the candidates running against you, something is wrong (although that is not the first time that's happened in the history of sheriff elections).

People of Caldwell County, particularly those who voted for Alan Jones, stop voting for Alan Jones because you have been told to by some crooked member of the Republican Party. Stop voting for candidates because they are good-ole boys. Don't be roped in by the deceptions, lies, and coverups that are perpetuated by the Sheriff, BJ Fore, and the Republican Party. Ask for statistics, question authority or rather the authorities reasons for why they have let many of these scandals go on.
Valid point, so many people vote based on name recognition or either a continued habit of voting for incumbents rather than ever truly knowing the candidates or their objectives. Hopefully Wilson can run a campaign that educates the voters of the choices they have this time. He does not need to stoop to a negative, mudslinging campaign , just the facts and how he intends to improve the dept will suffice. However as with all elections, it is not how many people like you, it is all about how many voters your camp can turnout on Election Day. So regardless which candidate you prefer, if supporters do not go vote then all the talk and promises in the world does not matter. In mid-term elections, every single vote matters.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#84 Nov 10, 2013
I support Rooster Cogburn.No prison overcrowding.
bjbjbj

Black Mountain, NC

#85 Nov 10, 2013
Bj you suck. You wanna sling words? You rag faced ,wide butt, butt sucking clown of an idiot. You ain't crap. Jones gave you a uniform to wear, although you look very similar to Gomer Pyle...probably have the same taste in men too. You walk like a damned mermaid out of water with your flipper feet. The only reason you exist is to be Jones yesman. You are the single tallest butt troll I have ever seen. You have single handidly killed your kings chances. Wonder if he knows how you been trying to suck up to certain members of the wilson campaign to keep a level status? You scared? Of course you are along with the rest of them. But hey, you can always get a job next may forming for McDonald's....could put a wig on ya and paint your goofy shoes red, yould fit right in. Plus they have many young girls for.you to hit on and nobody may still not know ......oops
NoMore

Raleigh, NC

#86 Nov 11, 2013
I helped the Jones campaign last election as a favor to a friend because her husband works at the sheriffs office, I won't be doing that again or asking our family and friends to vote for him or display his yard signs or bumper stickers. My friends husband told me that he loves his job but thinks sheriff jones is a joke and constantly lies to his employees. He said that no one there cares if Jones loses except his command staff. He tells us all the things that goes on up there and I can't believe how crooked that place is and how Jones acts like he don't know anything but behind closed doors, he really calls the shots.....
Jernigan

Spruce Pine, NC

#87 Nov 12, 2013
NoMore wrote:
I helped the Jones campaign last election as a favor to a friend because her husband works at the sheriffs office, I won't be doing that again or asking our family and friends to vote for him or display his yard signs or bumper stickers. My friends husband told me that he loves his job but thinks sheriff jones is a joke and constantly lies to his employees. He said that no one there cares if Jones loses except his command staff. He tells us all the things that goes on up there and I can't believe how crooked that place is and how Jones acts like he don't know anything but behind closed doors, he really calls the shots.....
Mr. Jones sure isn't the person I thought he was or who his campaigners said he was.....I guess when there is an election , some people will say anything to get their man elected.
time to go

Lenoir, NC

#88 Nov 13, 2013
Jernigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Jones sure isn't the person I thought he was or who his campaigners said he was.....I guess when there is an election , some people will say anything to get their man elected.
That has been a common truth echoed around the county by various groups, civic organizations, neighborhoods and communities. Jones and his followers made every promise under the sun to get elected and failed to deliver on any of them then the rest of the time he hides out of town so you cant corner him. Its like he is saying to the people of Caldwell County "hey thanks for the nearly 80,000 a year do nothing job and I will see you in four more years when you dont care enough to remove me". He reminds me of a groundhog that pops his head up every four years to see if he sees his shadow then back underground he goes.
True

United States

#89 Nov 13, 2013
Nice post! Groundhog Day is May 6, 2014. On this day Jones will pop his head up one last time. Jones reign is ending so Alan and Jimmy get ready, a New Sheriff is coming to town! You both can go back underground and for good!
groundhog Jones

Lenoir, NC

#90 Nov 13, 2013
True wrote:
Nice post! Groundhog Day is May 6, 2014. On this day Jones will pop his head up one last time. Jones reign is ending so Alan and Jimmy get ready, a New Sheriff is coming to town! You both can go back underground and for good!
Ha ha good one. Well ole' Jones will pop his head up but he wont see his shadow and the long cold winter of his administration will come to an end. It will be an early spring and a new beginning will come to Caldwell County. I implore voters to show up May 6th and vote even if you are Democrat it only takes a few minutes to change to Independent which you can then change back after the election. This is something we can do to better our county together regardless of politics. I know Wilson isn't a partisan person when it comes to serving the people of Caldwell, he wants to serve everyone and be available to everyone.
WrongVote

Spruce Pine, NC

#91 Nov 14, 2013
I listened to bad advice and voted for Sheriff Jones, I thought he would be like Gary Clark, but I was wrong. Sheriff Jones won't talk to you and some big guy that works for him has been coming around town and asking people to support "their" Sheriff. Well, I hope that he won't be too disappointed when we get a "New" Sheriff this go round.
take it back

Lenoir, NC

#92 Nov 14, 2013
WrongVote wrote:
I listened to bad advice and voted for Sheriff Jones, I thought he would be like Gary Clark, but I was wrong. Sheriff Jones won't talk to you and some big guy that works for him has been coming around town and asking people to support "their" Sheriff. Well, I hope that he won't be too disappointed when we get a "New" Sheriff this go round.
Don't feel bad as I did the same thing and so did several others I've talked to lately but it wont happen again. Anyone that reads this should tell themselves then ask themselves this, The Sheriff is an elected official therefor he works for me so what did the current Sheriff do to earn my vote and further pay from me. I have performance expectations at my job and if I dont measure up I get fired so how is he any better than me. Why should I pay him to do absolutely nothing with the exception of getting some degree and education at my expense when I cant even afford to take off work and go back to college.

Two things I am sick of, lazy a$$ self serving politicians raping the taxpayer and then thinking they can just stay in office because people just vote along party lines and they know it. The Sheriff is one politician with power that we should be able to count on to stand up for us but I wouldn't trust Jones to stand up for us no more than I can count on him being in his office if I went up there. If the local Republican party continues to back him I am done with them and will do all I can to convince others to do the same. Nothing but a bunch of local good ole boy half wits. Lets take our Sheriffs Office back then start taking other political offices back.
Time for a change

Gastonia, NC

#93 Nov 15, 2013
Shannon wrote:
I guess if no one else is running then I'll vote for Jones. Wilson in my opinion doesn't have the experience,erience or education needed for the job and would be in way over his head witch would mean that he would only be a figure head and someone else would actually be running the department. I've talked to several people that are "in the know" so to say and they say it wouldn't be a smart move to have this happen and I agree.
Alan Jones didn't have the "education" you speak of until AFTER he was given the position as Sheriff. He was handed that position after the death of Sheriff Clark. We, the tax payers of Caldwell County, paid for his education. Also, if you take the time to check both candidates backgrounds, it appears that Mr. Wilson has more law enforcement experience than Jones did upon him taking over the office of Sheriff.

As for me, it doesn't matter how educated or experience you have, if you're immoral, unethical, run an incompetent office, and often seem unplugged & uninterested from the county you're supposed to serve, that education we all paid for isn't beneficial to us.
unconcerned

United States

#94 Nov 15, 2013
Time for a change wrote:
<quoted text>
Alan Jones didn't have the "education" you speak of until AFTER he was given the position as Sheriff. He was handed that position after the death of Sheriff Clark. We, the tax payers of Caldwell County, paid for his education. Also, if you take the time to check both candidates backgrounds, it appears that Mr. Wilson has more law enforcement experience than Jones did upon him taking over the office of Sheriff.
As for me, it doesn't matter how educated or experience you have, if you're immoral, unethical, run an incompetent office, and often seem unplugged & uninterested from the county you're supposed to serve, that education we all paid for isn't beneficial to us.
That sums it up totally. It really doesn't get any clearer than that.
educated idiot

Lenoir, NC

#95 Nov 15, 2013
Education is all Alan Jones can bring to the table and like what has been pointed out time and time again he had nothing when he took the job of Sheriff. Everything he has gained has been at the expense of his officers, his department and our tax money. After its all said and done his education has done the aforementioned people absolutely no good what so ever. I will even call into question his education and how much of it he actually did himself. All of it is just to pad his resume for future higher level jobs... Caldwell County has been played.
His campaign slogan is even a joke, "a proven leader" ok so tell me how you have proven yourself as a leader. Grow a pair and debate Wilson and lets see how much of a leader you are... I dare you.
Bill

United States

#96 Nov 15, 2013
Thank you for the information. Many folks are
not informed. It apparently is not any different than what we have in Washington. Most of them are highly educated and what are they doing for us, absolutely nothing.
Agreed

Spruce Pine, NC

#97 Nov 16, 2013
Jernigan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a bunch of people that supported Jones before that are not supporting him now. I saw the big guy that always talks for the sheriff stand right beside him while a certain business person was asking the sheriff questions, jones would look at his deputy and he would answer for jones. When my friend came back to our table, he shook his head and said, "that is the dumbest sheriff I have ever seen, and the fat guy is a liar."
ready to change

Lenoir, NC

#98 Nov 17, 2013
Bill wrote:
Thank you for the information. Many folks are
not informed. It apparently is not any different than what we have in Washington. Most of them are highly educated and what are they doing for us, absolutely nothing.
No many in this area are not informed. The Sheriff has done an excellent job in conjunction with the county administration at running damage control. Some information has made it to the paper but only after they had a change in editors, before that they were in bed with Jones and the county. It does remind me a lot of Washington on a small scale around here and just like Washington the entire bunch needs to be purged. Small steps are the best and we need to start here then move on. Information is the key and by the time the primary comes along in may hopefully enough will be informed and motivated. Change needs to start with the Sheriff and all his cronies then on to the county office and the commission.
Kincaid

Spruce Pine, NC

#99 Nov 18, 2013
ready to change wrote:
<quoted text>No many in this area are not informed. The Sheriff has done an excellent job in conjunction with the county administration at running damage control. Some information has made it to the paper but only after they had a change in editors, before that they were in bed with Jones and the county. It does remind me a lot of Washington on a small scale around here and just like Washington the entire bunch needs to be purged. Small steps are the best and we need to start here then move on. Information is the key and by the time the primary comes along in may hopefully enough will be informed and motivated. Change needs to start with the Sheriff and all his cronies then on to the county office and the commission.
Yes, Jones curtain of protection is failing. His ties to the news topic, local businesses, county commissioners and other agencies are drying up and since his lawsuits, Sex Scandals and corrupt employees that steal, swing, abuse their power and thumb their noses at the public that elected them, this all seem to be collapsing on this sheriff. There is a lot of dissention in the Republican Party, and they are not happy with Jones. The resolution is an attempt by some that attend the meetings, to show a unified front, but it doesn't sell to the general public.
get it on

Lenoir, NC

#100 Nov 18, 2013
Kincaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jones curtain of protection is failing. His ties to the news topic, local businesses, county commissioners and other agencies are drying up and since his lawsuits, Sex Scandals and corrupt employees that steal, swing, abuse their power and thumb their noses at the public that elected them, this all seem to be collapsing on this sheriff. There is a lot of dissention in the Republican Party, and they are not happy with Jones. The resolution is an attempt by some that attend the meetings, to show a unified front, but it doesn't sell to the general public.
Its wonderful to see it all unfold but it hasn't even really started yet. When Wilson brings everything out Jones will gladly leave that office and if he doesn't we will remove him and all his corrupt little deviants from the Sheriffs Office to the County Office to the Republican Party. Everyone knows that resolution was just an attempt by his minions in the party to put up a front but its as hollow as Jones leadership. Jones you either better get to fighting or run away now, you think its going to be easy but you haven't seen anything yet.
Local Dem

Simpsonville, SC

#101 Nov 19, 2013
Its great to see a bloody battle in the Republican primary. Jones has BJ & Wilson has Ben. U must decide which is worst and its a true toss-up. Its looking like a retired seasoned veteran of law enforcement will be running as a Dem and picking up the pieces for a win..
say what?

Newland, NC

#102 Nov 19, 2013
Local Dem wrote:
Its great to see a bloody battle in the Republican primary. Jones has BJ & Wilson has Ben. U must decide which is worst and its a true toss-up. Its looking like a retired seasoned veteran of law enforcement will be running as a Dem and picking up the pieces for a win..
Any word on who will run on the Democratic side? Guessing it's not Roger is safe to say..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To All Fools Voting For Trump 5 min pee wee 170
500 precincts recounted in WI. Shows Trump pick... 1 hr David53g 7
Anti Trump riots spread. 1 hr Waco 1909 384
Unemployment at 4.6 as 95 million leave workf... 3 hr pee wee 3
Zachary Smith Sat Queen 2
24/7 Nov 29 early cuyler 3
Wal-Mart LP gets big Bonus for-setup great! Nov 29 they all suck 5

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance