Created by MoreGOP on Oct 27, 2013

1,307 votes

Click on an option to vote

Allen Jones

Lance Wilson

ooooooolo

Barnwell, SC

#595 Apr 24, 2014
How did early voting go? Good turnout? Were the two sheriff candidates there?
People

Lenoir, NC

#596 Apr 25, 2014
It does not matter who you vote for. Lance Wilson was told by God that he is supposed to be Sheriff so he will win. Lance told me that.
McGavin

Lenoir, NC

#599 Apr 25, 2014
People wrote:
It does not matter who you vote for. Lance Wilson was told by God that he is supposed to be Sheriff so he will win. Lance told me that.
You are ridiculous, do you know that? I mean really straight up, no holds barred ab-so-freakin-lutely ridiculous! Do you think that mocking Mr. Wilson's religious stance will get
people to vote for Mr. Jones? People can be religious and hold office you know. Stopping to think about it, keep on. If it is discovered that you are anyone with any political power, the fact that you are talking discriminatingly against Mr. Wilson based on his religion could lead to interesting things. You just never know these days. ;)
people2

Barnwell, SC

#600 Apr 25, 2014
McGavin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ridiculous, do you know that? I mean really straight up, no holds barred ab-so-freakin-lutely ridiculous! Do you think that mocking Mr. Wilson's religious stance will get
people to vote for Mr. Jones? People can be religious and hold office you know. Stopping to think about it, keep on. If it is discovered that you are anyone with any political power, the fact that you are talking discriminatingly against Mr. Wilson based on his religion could lead to interesting things. You just never know these days. ;)
if it is discovered who you are then the village found its lost idiot! Nobody is going to do anything off of anything you rednecks write or read on this forum from this shitty town. The only reason I'm on here now is that I know both candidates from living there 10 years ago. I came on here to find out how it is going and after I read this topic, wow. I am so glad that I left this piss poor Meth head town long ago. To come on here and say "ooooh you never know" or anything of the sort is dumb. Nobody cares if someone makes fun of a political figure and God making a plan or not. Who cares?
Standards

Holly Springs, NC

#601 Apr 26, 2014
Louis wrote:
I am torn on who to vote for Mr. Jones has been in for many years and has had ups and Downs. If there was another person running I think I would be more excited about the race. Mr. Wilson seems to be a nice man but his campaign seems to be about belittling the Sheriff and his deputies rather than giving new ideas about how he will do things better. I was brought up in church and have my faults but my preacher taught love and compassion and not back hitting and slander. I know a few deputies and they are good men. I don't think what Mr. Wilson is saying about them is true.
Did your church ever teach you about the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and why they were destroyed. Think its slander then drive yourself up there and ask why those six people resigned. Hickory Daily Record printed it but go ask what it was all about. Research it and then take it back to your church to discuss it. Everybody has faults but when your a elected leader you live by example and rule with integrity. I don't care who wins but just look at it this way. You don't see that kind of stuff across the river in Catawba County because their man runs the show not the show running him!
McGavin

Valdese, NC

#602 Apr 26, 2014
people2 wrote:
<quoted text>if it is discovered who you are then the village found its lost idiot! Nobody is going to do anything off of anything you rednecks write or read on this forum from this shitty town. The only reason I'm on here now is that I know both candidates from living there 10 years ago. I came on here to find out how it is going and after I read this topic, wow. I am so glad that I left this piss poor Meth head town long ago. To come on here and say "ooooh you never know" or anything of the sort is dumb. Nobody cares if someone makes fun of a political figure and God making a plan or not. Who cares?
Well evidentially you must or you wouldn't have bothered to come back to read a thread about a town you left 10 years ago! Get caught in your own word trap why don't you?
SCHS G

Murfreesboro, TN

#603 Apr 27, 2014
People wrote:
I'm not into the political scene and to be honest I've always voted for Alan. I must give Wilson a thumbs up for his ads though. His ads always manage to be a step ahead of Jones. There is no way Wilson or Ben or Wormy could figure this out. I'm guessing Wilson has spent a fortune with an ad agency because unseen to most people, his ads are text book sociology and that does not happen by accident. I don't think Wilson has the experience to be sheriff but I have to give him credit, he knows how to hire advertising developers. It's like you read a simple ad but walk away scratching your head. Thumbs up Wilson, the mind games behind the ads are excellent.
easy game

Enfield, IL

#604 Apr 27, 2014
SCHS G wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not into the political scene and to be honest I've always voted for Alan. I must give Wilson a thumbs up for his ads though. His ads always manage to be a step ahead of Jones. There is no way Wilson or Ben or Wormy could figure this out. I'm guessing Wilson has spent a fortune with an ad agency because unseen to most people, his ads are text book sociology and that does not happen by accident. I don't think Wilson has the experience to be sheriff but I have to give him credit, he knows how to hire advertising developers. It's like you read a simple ad but walk away scratching your head. Thumbs up Wilson, the mind games behind the ads are excellent.
Well to counter the experience argument, it really takes far less than you might imagine to be a Sheriff of a county this size. This certainly calls into question Jones terrible performance with his "advance education and leadership abilities".
As for him paying an agency to come up with the ads, he actually has some good talent hidden away in his camp. It may not be the names you mentioned but he has people that work in the back that don't need to be out front. He has people that know how Jones and his office works. They know their weaknesses and their trigger points. Its also rather entertaining to someone who is a fan of mind games to watch them come on here and try to find out who is doing what.
RobertG

Lenoir, NC

#605 Apr 27, 2014
easy game wrote:
<quoted text>Well to counter the experience argument, it really takes far less than you might imagine to be a Sheriff of a county this size. This certainly calls into question Jones terrible performance with his "advance education and leadership abilities".
As for him paying an agency to come up with the ads, he actually has some good talent hidden away in his camp. It may not be the names you mentioned but he has people that work in the back that don't need to be out front. He has people that know how Jones and his office works. They know their weaknesses and their trigger points. Its also rather entertaining to someone who is a fan of mind games to watch them come on here and try to find out who is doing what.
I think Lance has just restated the facts and figures that Jones has provided, it is simple, do your job and you'll have one, try to hide your failures with smoke and mirrors, and the people will figure you out. Just like today, Wilson's ad was easy to follow and similar to what he has said all along. Jones restates his education, but he is the only one impressed with it at this point. The real waste of money was the ad that had Thuss and Pritchards name on it. It was pretty good til you saw these names at the bottom, then it all fell apart. Nobody likes john Thuss or Ed Pritchard, they are Republican blowhards that have always done shady business. Bad move on the Jones campaign, it is now leaning in Wilson's favor.
really

Lenoir, NC

#606 Apr 27, 2014
RobertG wrote:
<quoted text>I think Lance has just restated the facts and figures that Jones has provided, it is simple, do your job and you'll have one, try to hide your failures with smoke and mirrors, and the people will figure you out. Just like today, Wilson's ad was easy to follow and similar to what he has said all along. Jones restates his education, but he is the only one impressed with it at this point. The real waste of money was the ad that had Thuss and Pritchards name on it. It was pretty good til you saw these names at the bottom, then it all fell apart. Nobody likes john Thuss or Ed Pritchard, they are Republican blowhards that have always done shady business. Bad move on the Jones campaign, it is now leaning in Wilson's favor.
The thing with Thuss and friends is the fact it is half lies. They failed to mention jones was a prior democrat, the failed to mention the county payed the 76 y/o a $15,000 settlement before an official lawsuit was filed, they failed to mention the campaign filing errors the BOE said many new candidates because the software is complex, they failed to mention jones 2010 statement witnessed by many about his not supporting the 2nd amnd., they failed to mention Jones only submitted part of the file to the judge in the Crawford case, twice, so the judge declared a mistrial. Amazing how damn low people will stoop to protect their good ole boys club. It's a shame and disgrace they expect voters not to see past the smoke and mirrors show the Republican Party tries to pull off here. It's time for Jones and the executive members of the Republican Party to be replaced. If not things will continue to be as bad as they are now. They are not about helping the citizens, they are about helping themselves .
Lawsuits

Garner, NC

#607 Apr 27, 2014
I was told but current county commissioners that it was 40,000 that they paid off the lawsuit.
GStarnes

Mills River, NC

#608 Apr 27, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing with Thuss and friends is the fact it is half lies. They failed to mention jones was a prior democrat, the failed to mention the county payed the 76 y/o a $15,000 settlement before an official lawsuit was filed, they failed to mention the campaign filing errors the BOE said many new candidates because the software is complex, they failed to mention jones 2010 statement witnessed by many about his not supporting the 2nd amnd., they failed to mention Jones only submitted part of the file to the judge in the Crawford case, twice, so the judge declared a mistrial. Amazing how damn low people will stoop to protect their good ole boys club. It's a shame and disgrace they expect voters not to see past the smoke and mirrors show the Republican Party tries to pull off here. It's time for Jones and the executive members of the Republican Party to be replaced. If not things will continue to be as bad as they are now. They are not about helping the citizens, they are about helping themselves .
There is about to be a big shake up in the Republican Party, many changes will be made and it won't be about protecting the few and paying favors. It will be about protecting our county, our rights and conservative values. It will actually follow by laws and put forth viable candidates for the voters to decide, it won't be based on what a few old dumbasses want. Take notice dumbasses, change is coming!
theFatLady

Barnwell, SC

#609 Apr 29, 2014
I AM SINGING! advantage Wilson, bye bye Jones
FlyOnWall

Mills River, NC

#610 Apr 29, 2014
theFatLady wrote:
I AM SINGING! advantage Wilson, bye bye Jones
It is not a happy place lately, the sheriff is no where around or when he does come in, nobody talks to him except BJ. That fat bastard is what is losing the election for us, sheriff Jones taking his advice was stupid. We are tied of hearing how bad it would be if the sheriff loses and how we are all gonna lose our jobs, we know that's not true.
theFatLady

Barnwell, SC

#611 Apr 29, 2014
Obviously there can be no clean sweep, however, if you are a Jones chroney, then yes you are as good as gone. Command staff (with one exception) is gone and happily even above Jones BJ will lead the way out the door. He is the corruption, not Jones. Anyway it don't matter now. Its over so start applying people, its game, set, match Wilson!
CCSO

Lenoir, NC

#612 May 5, 2014
This thread has been running since Oct. 2013. BJ has even told all employees to get on here and vote. Wilson has lead the entire time and now the word from early voting, Wilson is leading. This in addition to all of Jones scandals and lawsuits, I don't think will pull it off, his own people are already contacting Lance and some are even planning on running in four years. Not much confidence in the proven leader, guess they know him better after the last four years of a shameful term.
convinced

Hudson, NC

#613 May 6, 2014
joker wrote:
Here is my problem with it all. Wilson campaign idiots want to make it good vs evil. Its not. It is politicians fighting. One no better than the other. Both are good men I'm sure in their own right. Its just that Wilson's people are so cheesy in regards to religion. Guess what, you are a politician now. Religion has taken a back seat. Say what you will but you and Jones are exactly the same. Politicians. Just some advice from the general public : STOP WITH THE CHEESY GOOD VS EVIL APOCALYPTIC INSINUAT
IONS. It is simply a local election. Please keep it reigned in as such.
I know this person hiding thry the name joker.....keep the college words simple....Religion is not chessy, u sinner.....
and stop all your judging from afar.....
say what?

Asheboro, NC

#614 May 6, 2014
CCSO wrote:
This thread has been running since Oct. 2013. BJ has even told all employees to get on here and vote. Wilson has lead the entire time and now the word from early voting, Wilson is leading. This in addition to all of Jones scandals and lawsuits, I don't think will pull it off, his own people are already contacting Lance and some are even planning on running in four years. Not much confidence in the proven leader, guess they know him better after the last four years of a shameful term.
Well it's all over but the official count. All I can say is may the best man win. It's been a long hard day for workers representing both candidates. Both camps did a good job regardless who wins.
McGavin

Valdese, NC

#615 May 6, 2014
[QUOTE who="say what?"]<quoted text>
Well it's all over but the official count. All I can say is may the best man win. It's been a long hard day for workers representing both candidates. Both camps did a good job regardless who wins.[/QUOTE]

I am curiously anticipating the results!
True

Hickory, NC

#616 May 6, 2014
McGavin wrote:
<quoted text>
I am curiously anticipating the results!
Me too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting at Food Lion 15 min Waco 1954 162
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 57 min DON W SOUTH 8,025
Brandy Stebbins 2 hr Mark 7
Do these ghost towns exist? 2 hr Victor 40
New Barbershop Open 5 hr Josh 33
Jessica(Jess) Greene (Nov '08) 6 hr memyselfandi 7
Manager at Greer Labs (Mar '11) 8 hr stone cold 44

Freeze Watch for Burke County was issued at March 27 at 6:54PM EDT

Morganton Dating
Find my Match