1,308 votes

Click on an option to vote

Allen Jones

Lance Wilson

me too

Lenoir, NC

#191 Dec 11, 2013
New Regime wrote:
Yeah love to see a whole new crew at the SO!!!!
I think everyone would... well maybe not the ones working out there now lol. Don't get me wrong I think there are some out there that are secretly supporting him but a lot have been overheard in public trashing Wilson for no reason. Guess they think like their leader does that they dont have to worry about their gravy train jobs, they think they are in for life and the people of this county are stupid. Heck Jones hasn't even bothered campaigning if that shows you what he thinks of us as voters and citizens. We have to worry about jobs so should they.
MWDFD

Greenville, SC

#192 Dec 11, 2013
me too wrote:
<quoted text>I think everyone would... well maybe not the ones working out there now lol. Don't get me wrong I think there are some out there that are secretly supporting him but a lot have been overheard in public trashing Wilson for no reason. Guess they think like their leader does that they dont have to worry about their gravy train jobs, they think they are in for life and the people of this county are stupid. Heck Jones hasn't even bothered campaigning if that shows you what he thinks of us as voters and citizens. We have to worry about jobs so should they.
Don't worry, those that choose to support Jones will need to find new jobs, that BS that they are supporting the man they work for, won't work. They know Jones is a bad sheriff and if they choose to support that, then they can follow him to his next job and work for him there. If you work out there, you don't have to support anyone, do your job right and stay out of the politics, if you feel forced to support Jones, you can report that to the state board of elections anonymously and action will be taken, no more playing both sides, do what you feel is right and accept the results.
Davenport

Greenville, SC

#193 Dec 11, 2013
Wow, looks like Jones is way behind on support from the poll of this forum. During the first election anything negative that showed up about their "proven leader" they jumped on it and defended him. Looks like he doesn't have as many supporters he once had, maybe they have figured out what the rest of us learned the hard way.
Jones doesn't believe he can be beat, that is dangerous to a campaign, it sunk Roger and it will aid in sinking Jones.
viper

Lenoir, NC

#194 Dec 11, 2013
MWDFD wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, those that choose to support Jones will need to find new jobs, that BS that they are supporting the man they work for, won't work. They know Jones is a bad sheriff and if they choose to support that, then they can follow him to his next job and work for him there. If you work out there, you don't have to support anyone, do your job right and stay out of the politics, if you feel forced to support Jones, you can report that to the state board of elections anonymously and action will be taken, no more playing both sides, do what you feel is right and accept the results.
They need to clean house as its the only way to be sure the cancer is gone once and for all. If you leave any behind it just grows back so its time to take the knife to the tumors and get to slicing. Its funny how they talk about Wilson like he is some kind of ignorant hick and how smart and educated Jones is. They do it even when they think no one is listening is whats surprising is how they actually believe it. The worst offenders are the detectives and platoon commanders but its spreading through the rank and file, they actually think Wilson is stupid and they have nothing to worry about. They dont want their easy ride to come to an end naturally and its true they are betting no one will come out to vote. Common phrases at CCSO are "Wilson will never hear the shot" and "the rednecks in this county wont get out and vote unless they are giving something away for free". They just laugh and blow it off like its a joke while they surf the net in the deputies room.
change

Greenville, SC

#195 Dec 12, 2013
viper wrote:
<quoted text>They need to clean house as its the only way to be sure the cancer is gone once and for all. If you leave any behind it just grows back so its time to take the knife to the tumors and get to slicing. Its funny how they talk about Wilson like he is some kind of ignorant hick and how smart and educated Jones is. They do it even when they think no one is listening is whats surprising is how they actually believe it. The worst offenders are the detectives and platoon commanders but its spreading through the rank and file, they actually think Wilson is stupid and they have nothing to worry about. They dont want their easy ride to come to an end naturally and its true they are betting no one will come out to vote. Common phrases at CCSO are "Wilson will never hear the shot" and "the rednecks in this county wont get out and vote unless they are giving something away for free". They just laugh and blow it off like its a joke while they surf the net in the deputies room.
I think some changes need made to and looking at a lot of the other post I am worried to Wilson is making the same mistakes Roger and Chris made. Both started out strong and claimed they had it won early on but when the real politicking started both got beat bad because they wasn't ready for how much pull jones already had. Like somebody else said all the supporters ain't nothing unless they go vote. I've knowed Lance a long time and he's not a hick but I do think he better get some smart people around him, not just people trying to be big shot police jobs. I heard same thing others said, he's had some smart people helping him but they kinda got pushed to the side by some trying to get big police jobs from him. I hope he'll look around him and see who's there and who's missing from what I've heard and find some others that know how to do the political stuff cause these closest to him don't know enough to get him a win. Buddies are nice to have but Lance needs some better advisors a lot have told me and even from what I read here to. Somebody needs to tell Lance the truth of it or jones will be here 4more years.
val

Lenoir, NC

#196 Dec 12, 2013
change wrote:
<quoted text>I think some changes need made to and looking at a lot of the other post I am worried to Wilson is making the same mistakes Roger and Chris made. Both started out strong and claimed they had it won early on but when the real politicking started both got beat bad because they wasn't ready for how much pull jones already had. Like somebody else said all the supporters ain't nothing unless they go vote. I've knowed Lance a long time and he's not a hick but I do think he better get some smart people around him, not just people trying to be big shot police jobs. I heard same thing others said, he's had some smart people helping him but they kinda got pushed to the side by some trying to get big police jobs from him. I hope he'll look around him and see who's there and who's missing from what I've heard and find some others that know how to do the political stuff cause these closest to him don't know enough to get him a win. Buddies are nice to have but Lance needs some better advisors a lot have told me and even from what I read here to. Somebody needs to tell Lance the truth of it or jones will be here 4more years.
I have not kept up with the campaigns myself and seems neither side is very active yet. Your post is right, Wilson should not start claiming victory too soon because as you posted, Chris and Roger made the same error. I don't know whose involved in Wilsons campaign but like you said once the election really starts jones will get help from the local GOP and professional political advisors, help not available to Wilson. Wilson should make sure he has the right advisors, because as someone else posted, it's not as easy to win as it appears now. I am curious about all the post talking about some of Wilson early advisors getting pushed aside I wonder who and what happened or ifs it even true. If one is who I am thinking, Wilson needs to get them back in soon. From the prior post it looks like a bunch if us are thinking the same. Wilson needs advisors with brains and not just advisors with desires to be command staff or advisors there just because jones fired them. Good intentions don't win elections, good planning and foresight does. If good intentions always won Ron Paul would be president and Obama would be a memory. Wilson needs to hook on to some advisors that can think outside the box and see things as they really are and stop listening to those telling him what he wants to hear.
Prudence

Greenville, SC

#197 Dec 12, 2013
Lance will win for a number of reasons, he is better than Jones, Lance is not corrupt, Jones has made so many mistakes and pissed so many people off, the Republican Party is broken, Lance will have more money for his campaign than Jones, Jones won't make public appearance without his mouthpiece and people hate that, jones won't answer questions and trust me, after the last four years, there are plenty of questions. Jones is a liar and threatening his employees doesn't work anymore, Lance is honest and is a good Christian.
val

Lenoir, NC

#198 Dec 12, 2013
Prudence wrote:
Lance will win for a number of reasons, he is better than Jones, Lance is not corrupt, Jones has made so many mistakes and pissed so many people off, the Republican Party is broken, Lance will have more money for his campaign than Jones, Jones won't make public appearance without his mouthpiece and people hate that, jones won't answer questions and trust me, after the last four years, there are plenty of questions. Jones is a liar and threatening his employees doesn't work anymore, Lance is honest and is a good Christian.
I hope you are right but being to confident to soon will make you lose every time . I am just going to tell you how i see it from our public point of view. Some of your reasons are wrong for sure. Jones will like before have $50,000 or more to campaign with, Wilson will be lucky to have half of that, next, the average voter in the county don't care or attend public debates or public appearances, they vote the name they know, third, most people voting don't see the problems at CCSD, they just see them in the news and on tv making drug bust. Number one thing wrong with Wilsons campaign is you guys are assuming things in a prefect world matters in elections but it don't . Chris and Roger both made the exact same mistakes I see you guys doing now. I wish Wilson good luck . Instead of his supporters wanting to get defensive or argue everytime they need to listen to what we are trying to tell them. Good luck
Banker

Lenoir, NC

#199 Dec 13, 2013
val wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are right but being to confident to soon will make you lose every time . I am just going to tell you how i see it from our public point of view. Some of your reasons are wrong for sure. Jones will like before have $50,000 or more to campaign with, Wilson will be lucky to have half of that, next, the average voter in the county don't care or attend public debates or public appearances, they vote the name they know, third, most people voting don't see the problems at CCSD, they just see them in the news and on tv making drug bust. Number one thing wrong with Wilsons campaign is you guys are assuming things in a prefect world matters in elections but it don't . Chris and Roger both made the exact same mistakes I see you guys doing now. I wish Wilson good luck . Instead of his supporters wanting to get defensive or argue everytime they need to listen to what we are trying to tell them. Good luck
Jones will need more than $50,000 for this primary. I don't think it is as much confidence in Wilson's campaign as it is knowing Jones and his campaign is so full of scandal and corruption that when certain things are brought to the publics attention by Wilson, it will be the end for Jones and his friends.
FirstCentral

Raleigh, NC

#200 Dec 16, 2013
Lol, it ain't working is it BJ? You keep trying, but the poll still shows Lance is more popular....you better be working on a resume because in a few months, your fat a** will need a job. You are so worried about controlling us and knowing who we talk to and who our friends are, you are running yourself crazy. Keep telling us how we need to support our sheriff and if Lance is elected he will fire all of us, that is just stupid, just like you. We are not falling for that anymore and all the new people you've had to hire because many good ones quit, well we are telling them the truth about you and the dumb sheriff. Enjoy your last few months of employment, we are not going down with you, we are going to do our job and stay out of this election!
val

Charlotte, NC

#201 Dec 17, 2013
Banker wrote:
<quoted text>Jones will need more than $50,000 for this primary. I don't think it is as much confidence in Wilson's campaign as it is knowing Jones and his campaign is so full of scandal and corruption that when certain things are brought to the publics attention by Wilson, it will be the end for Jones and his friends.
Keep in mind I support Wilson for the most part but I keep hearing about all the scandals and corruption that will be made public, when?? And next thing, do they have proof of all this or is it hear say?? I'm not seeing much campaigning going on by either side, with jones I understand as he's the incumbent. I'll say it once more, I'm afraid Wilson's crew is believing their own hype and way too over confident and under experienced with campaigns but I keep being told I wrong, but I don't think so. Time will tell it soon enough. Btw has the dems said who they will run?
FormerCCSO

Raleigh, NC

#202 Dec 17, 2013
val wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind I support Wilson for the most part but I keep hearing about all the scandals and corruption that will be made public, when?? And next thing, do they have proof of all this or is it hear say?? I'm not seeing much campaigning going on by either side, with jones I understand as he's the incumbent. I'll say it once more, I'm afraid Wilson's crew is believing their own hype and way too over confident and under experienced with campaigns but I keep being told I wrong, but I don't think so. Time will tell it soon enough. Btw has the dems said who they will run?
I am a former employee that was caught up in the scandal, I am single and have nothing to lose, but I know all the details of this incident. I know it started being investigated at Lenoir Police Department and when it bled over to CCSO, Jones didn't want anything to do with it, because it involved his command staff and one of his relatives that still works there.......I know a lot more and I am giving everything to Lance because people need to know the truth abouth their sheriff. I will tell you about secret meetings at the sheriffs office during the last election, how we were expected to donate to Jones, how BJ kept a sign up sheet at the department while on duty that we were supposed to sign up to work political events. People at the department that ran tag numbers of people that had Bracketts bumper stickers on their cars, how when we voted we were supposed to take a picture of our ballot to show to our supervisor and much much more. How Jones command staff sat on their asses during the work day and monitored Facebook and if anyone was friends with a certain candidate, they were called into their supervisors or Jones office and told if they wanted to keep their jobs, they must unfriend people. Oh yeah, there is proof and even some recordings.....
New Regime

Henderson, NC

#203 Dec 17, 2013
Former CCSO it right on the money.
say what?

Lenoir, NC

#204 Dec 17, 2013
FormerCCSO wrote:
<quoted text>I am a former employee that was caught up in the scandal, I am single and have nothing to lose, but I know all the details of this incident. I know it started being investigated at Lenoir Police Department and when it bled over to CCSO, Jones didn't want anything to do with it, because it involved his command staff and one of his relatives that still works there.......I know a lot more and I am giving everything to Lance because people need to know the truth abouth their sheriff. I will tell you about secret meetings at the sheriffs office during the last election, how we were expected to donate to Jones, how BJ kept a sign up sheet at the department while on duty that we were supposed to sign up to work political events. People at the department that ran tag numbers of people that had Bracketts bumper stickers on their cars, how when we voted we were supposed to take a picture of our ballot to show to our supervisor and much much more. How Jones command staff sat on their asses during the work day and monitored Facebook and if anyone was friends with a certain candidate, they were called into their supervisors or Jones office and told if they wanted to keep their jobs, they must unfriend people. Oh yeah, there is proof and even some recordings.....
What you describe is a 100% violation of the Hatch Act, especially requiring pictures of your ballot. Running tag numbers of the opponents supporters violates an abundance of state and federal privacy laws as well as misuse of government resources. This is generally the type stories you see on MSNBC or Dateline. Not only are the actions you mentioned criminal it is very close to being a civil rights violations. Very interesting.
also former CCSO

Lenoir, NC

#205 Dec 17, 2013
FormerCCSO wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a former employee that was caught up in the scandal, I am single and have nothing to lose, but I know all the details of this incident. I know it started being investigated at Lenoir Police Department and when it bled over to CCSO, Jones didn't want anything to do with it, because it involved his command staff and one of his relatives that still works there.......I know a lot more and I am giving everything to Lance because people need to know the truth abouth their sheriff. I will tell you about secret meetings at the sheriffs office during the last election, how we were expected to donate to Jones, how BJ kept a sign up sheet at the department while on duty that we were supposed to sign up to work political events. People at the department that ran tag numbers of people that had Bracketts bumper stickers on their cars, how when we voted we were supposed to take a picture of our ballot to show to our supervisor and much much more. How Jones command staff sat on their asses during the work day and monitored Facebook and if anyone was friends with a certain candidate, they were called into their supervisors or Jones office and told if they wanted to keep their jobs, they must unfriend people. Oh yeah, there is proof and even some recordings.....
What you speak of is 100% accurate down to every last example so with that being said I am sure I know you. I wasn't involved in the scandals even though I was witness to some of it, refusing to take part in the above mentioned activities cost me my job there after the last election. I will be there and stand beside you when you decide to make your move, I will be waiting. The people of this county deserve to know what has and is going on with proof of the same but one voice wont do it so please follow through and others will join you.
also former CCSO

Lenoir, NC

#206 Dec 17, 2013
[QUOTE who="say what?"]<quoted text>
What you describe is a 100% violation of the Hatch Act, especially requiring pictures of your ballot. Running tag numbers of the opponents supporters violates an abundance of state and federal privacy laws as well as misuse of government resources. This is generally the type stories you see on MSNBC or Dateline. Not only are the actions you mentioned criminal it is very close to being a civil rights violations. Very interesting.[/QUOTE]Hatch Act violations are only the tip of the Iceberg and were the rule of the day there. Civil Rights violations? They dont know the meaning of civil rights and you have none when you work for Emperor Jones. During an election year keeping your job will cost you a minimum of a 100 dollar donation a month to the campaign fund, 200 if you want to move up. BJ will be happy to remind you how your job depends on it and the detectives will be watching you and your families homes and cars for signs and bumper stickers. You dont play ball you get black balled at every Law Enforcement Agency you try to apply to after you lose your job.
FormerCCSO

Spruce Pine, NC

#207 Dec 18, 2013
Jones illegal crap finally has caught up with him. Crap on enough people and finally they will make it known to the public. Jones has already called a meeting with BJ and said we need to figure out who these people are and what we are going to do if this is made public.......don't worry sheriff, you are gonna get your chance to explain everything during a debate, the press will be there and they will cover all the questions asked and they will also print your response.
dark star

Lenoir, NC

#208 Dec 18, 2013
FormerCCSO wrote:
Jones illegal crap finally has caught up with him. Crap on enough people and finally they will make it known to the public. Jones has already called a meeting with BJ and said we need to figure out who these people are and what we are going to do if this is made public.......don't worry sheriff, you are gonna get your chance to explain everything during a debate, the press will be there and they will cover all the questions asked and they will also print your response.
Jones doesn't have the guts to debate Wilson, if he cant send Fore in his place then it wont happen but come to think of it that may be the best thing he can do is avoid Wilson. I would like to see this stuff brought out in public and see if Jones even responds but if enough evidence or testimony is offered maybe the state will get involved and he will have to respond. As far as figuring out who these people are he should already have a good idea but lets see what his next move is. I can tell you this, he made some enemies out of little fish over the past few years that he thought wouldn't matter but he will find out the little fish are actually piranhas with some connections to bigger sharks. You've disrespected and disregarded some people that you shouldn't had Jones, lets see if you can overcome the gravity of the situation.
FormerCCSO

Loudon, TN

#209 Dec 19, 2013
FirstCentral wrote:
Lol, it ain't working is it BJ? You keep trying, but the poll still shows Lance is more popular....you better be working on a resume because in a few months, your fat a** will need a job. You are so worried about controlling us and knowing who we talk to and who our friends are, you are running yourself crazy. Keep telling us how we need to support our sheriff and if Lance is elected he will fire all of us, that is just stupid, just like you. We are not falling for that anymore and all the new people you've had to hire because many good ones quit, well we are telling them the truth about you and the dumb sheriff. Enjoy your last few months of employment, we are not going down with you, we are going to do our job and stay out of this election!
Lolololol, BJ, you are trying so hard, but you can't get people to help you. You try convincing employees how good they got it and what a great sheriff he is, but you can't sell it, when you don't believe it either. You are just thankful to get that free paycheck, at least for another couple of months. Do you not know what is so obvious? Nobody at the office likes you, they think you are a joke and make fun of you behind your back, even the other command staff members, even the sheriff does it. Don't believe me, just ask Poarch what Jones nickname is for you other than lardass. Bennett will tell you to your face now that he got away from here. Jones needs you, but doesn't respect you, but he will keep you around as long as you serve a purpose. When is the last time you truly earned a paycheck legally? I guess you have to do what you have to do, but be honest with yourself even if every else isn't.
Gump

Cantonment, FL

#210 Dec 20, 2013
Well, even to me, and I am none too conversant with all the pertickulars, the answer is obvious:

None of the above.

We need more choices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Super bowl SUNDAY! 27 min State of Florida 14
trump: is tha man! 1 hr Floridiot 7
All False statements involving Hillary Clinton 1 hr Floridiot 44
Brittney Michelle Melton - WTF 4 hr Almostdone 1
Never Work At Advance Pierre Foods in Claremont... (Mar '12) 4 hr Almostdone 32
stacy mayfield?!?! 4 hr Almostdone 4
"Pastor's Protection Act" 8 hr Read a Real Book 166
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages