Terrible Service at the Lenoir Walmart
Caldwell

Salt Lake City, UT

#83 May 14, 2013
If these employee's were being treated unfairly and unjustly then why hasn't there been any complaints and write ups about this store.
Steve

Black Mountain, NC

#84 May 14, 2013
Walmart has a grievance system in place, but when it's used, there's repercussions against the employee who filed, and it doesn't matter how legitimate the claim is, what it's about, or who it's against.

Corporate treats everyone below them like peons. So does regional management and store management in many stores.

They've even been known to set up employees and get them arrested. I've seen it happen to a head of security, back when the stores actually had security personnel in each store.

Walmart is ruthless.
Caldwell

Salt Lake City, UT

#85 May 14, 2013
You can't have some one arrested just because there has to be a reason. It will be thrown out in court and the officer could get in trouble for false arrest.
In The Middle

Lenoir, NC

#86 May 19, 2013
There appear to be three front entrances/exits to the Lenoir Walmart. Would it not make sense to have cash registers open at every entrance/exit to cut down on the amount of walking customers must do. It is called convenience. During a recent visit to this store the middle entrance/exit was used. None of the first 20 registers closest to the middle entrance/exit were open. This necessitated a long walk to an open register and then an even longer walk back to the middle entrance/exit. Now…what “rocket-science” manager came up with this? No person with even a modicum of knowledge/experience would have organized this situation in this way. Surely….surely Walmart can do better than this. This is just stupid.
locally

Black Mountain, NC

#87 May 20, 2013
After all the complaining on this thread they finally did something about it... oops I was daydreaming again. SSDD. Eventually the right person will see this and other threads or complaints and hire someone to do the job right instead of trying to be a horses ass. I mean like really I am the manager of Walmart, now worship me lmao. Your job is no more secure than anyone else in this country.
Well Kim they have

Bennettsville, SC

#88 May 20, 2013
Caldwell wrote:
If these employee's were being treated unfairly and unjustly then why hasn't there been any complaints and write ups about this store.

Well Ms Hefner, dear manager, you and I both know complaints have been filed. I sent links to Walmart Corp of this link and several others on Topix of the entire area complaining about 1 pitiful store.

I also sent copies via hard copy and mail to Laurie Walton who is a member of her fathers empire and how pathetic the poor, ignorant are treated across the counter, in the isles, behind the counter to the breakroom for and joe dare you attitude from the head manager. There are many UI claims at the ESC for being terminated (just to keep money coming in) and many many more of Lenoir employees seeking employment outside of this 1 pit of a store and just staying and enduring the crap from the head manager and her lower management
I have gone 3 years without buying from this store and driving to the other one in the same county. MUCH CHEAPER for the same items!!!!!!! Example a baby gift package in Lenoir is,marked $24.97. Same gift in Granite Walmart $14.97. The same flipping item. It's hard to drive by Lenoir Walmart and see all that still shop there. I drive 14 miles to the other Walmart, it is worth the drive not on will your pocketbook love it, you are exposed to nicer, cheaper items and nicer, unabused employees..... in the same county. Thought you could save more at Lenoir, go to Granite where things are done right. Walmart is very aware of the Lenoir store and it's trashy items. If you live in Northern Caldwell try the Boone Walmart. Same as Granite Falls. Cheaper, nicer items and quality is much better in everything. When you leave the store you feel like you have been in a dream...wow is this really Walmart?

Yes complaints have been filed electronically and via US Mail. I used all my printer ink and half a team of paper but it's going to Laurie Walton, I'm hoping something will be done. Switch Walmarts people....imagine the money you will save and the better quality items you will find in bedding, shoes, clothing to name a few.
Respect

Maiden, NC

#89 May 20, 2013
I tried to call tonight but they close at 9 pm
my thoughts

Black Mountain, NC

#90 May 21, 2013
I went last Saturday and went to checkout in the garden area because that was were I parked. The line was huge. I counted 19 buggies waiting. So I whipped out my smartphone, looked up the phone number called and asked to have a customer service person in the garden area immediately. She came an about 6 of us jumped her raising sand. Someone suggested she open the other register & work it if she didn't have anyone else (that was her excuse). The one young lady working was in tears. We finally did get two registers open after the CSR worked until someone came. Piss poor management.
Management

Lenoir, NC

#91 May 25, 2013
Has anyone ever actually seen a working manager or supervisor at this store? The place is out-of-control chaos. You can't help but feel sorry for the people trying to work there.
Duh

Banner Elk, NC

#92 May 25, 2013
Management wrote:
Has anyone ever actually seen a working manager or supervisor at this store? The place is out-of-control chaos. You can't help but feel sorry for the people trying to work there.
Yes - when one doesn't show up so they bump a regular cashier up to play supervisor for the day...
Saturday Disaster

Lenoir, NC

#93 Jun 1, 2013
Saturday morning, June 1st, 2013, about 6:15 to 6:30 a.m. Many people shopping, only one check-out line open – Line 19 in the middle of the store. This meant customers were inconvenienced regardless of the entrance they used as there was a LONG walk to Line 19 and then back out any entrance. One line. The line trailed way out into the aisle with many people waiting. There were two, what appeared to be managers, behind a desk right at register 19. These two managers never looked up and were engaged in a long conversation. All the while we waited. A store full of employees and not one of them was crossed-trained to open a register when things get busy? More managers talking than lines open while we wait? Two managers right there and not one of them is customer-oriented enough to get another line open? Some of the worst customer service I’ve ever seen.
junior

Black Mountain, NC

#94 Jun 2, 2013
I was there June 1st 2013 myself. But at tire and service center which is supposed to open at 7 a.m.
Finally at 7:17 the doors were finally opened and I could get what I came for.
granitepatron

Lenoir, NC

#95 Jun 2, 2013
Went to Lenoir Walmart Saturday also. They had only 3 checkout lines open. Lady in front of me asked manager why they did not have more lines open. She said it was Store Managers policy and if we did not like it we could shop somewhere else. So - we left our buggy sitting there and went to Granite Walmart. A grill at Lenoir was priced at $98.00, same one at Granite was $79.00! They had 11 checkout lines open and when my wife and I passed the jewelry counter the lady there said she would also check us out since she was not currently waiting on any customers. Huge difference in the two stores. My wife said we will start going to the Granite Walmart instead of shopping at the one in Lenoir if at all possible.
HEIDI

Hickory, NC

#96 Jun 4, 2013
locally wrote:
The other problem is that they will open the quick checkout lines for 20 items or less and you will have someone with a full cart. Rules should be enforced!!
WELL PEOPLE WOULDNT BREAK THE RULES IF THERE WERE MORE THEN TWO CHECK OUT LANES OPEN, AND ONE OF THE TWO IS FOR 20 ITEMS OR LESS.....DUH....THE RULES SHOULDNT BE ENFORCED....THE MANAGER NEEDS TO QUIT CUTTING BACK ON LABOR TO MAKE HERSELF LOOK GOOD AND SCHEDULE MORE PEOPLE TO WORK. YOU REALLY THINK THAT ENFORCING THE 20 ITEMS OR LESS RULE IS GONNA FIX THE PROBLEM AT THAT WALMART?? YOUR STUPID.
HEIDI

Hickory, NC

#97 Jun 4, 2013
Steve wrote:
Walmart has a grievance system in place, but when it's used, there's repercussions against the employee who filed, and it doesn't matter how legitimate the claim is, what it's about, or who it's against.
Corporate treats everyone below them like peons. So does regional management and store management in many stores.
They've even been known to set up employees and get them arrested. I've seen it happen to a head of security, back when the stores actually had security personnel in each store.
Walmart is ruthless.
lol you expect me to believe walmart has people set up and arrested for making a complaint? ill believe you if you can tell me the name of the charge that you get arrested and charged for if you make an employee complaint.....lol
sfreeman

Asheville, NC

#98 Jun 6, 2013
Clueless wrote:
Obviously the concept of "socialization of conflict" is totally lost on FIY....along with, no doubt, long division.......
Maybe shes the manager
sfreeman

Asheville, NC

#99 Jun 6, 2013
Maybe shes the manager
Business As Usual

Lenoir, NC

#100 Jun 29, 2013
Let's see....the first Saturday of the month ...eveybody just got paid and wants to shop.....all of this before one of the busiest weeks of the year up and down 321. About 9:00 a.m. One full lane and two quickie lanes open...that is all. All of these on one end of the store requiring everyone to walk a friggin mile to get checked out. Good to see that terrible customer service continues at the worst managed WalMart in America........I think....there is never a manager to be seen there.
Produce

Lenoir, NC

#101 Jul 6, 2013
Friday morning at the Lenoir Wal-Mart - about 9:00 a.m. Half of the produce bins were empty. Those that were were less than half full. Wilted. No stock or nobody to put it out? Amazing, just amazing. Do you suppose folks at the home office know how bad things are at this store?
LA area

Sugar Grove, NC

#102 Jul 6, 2013
Lenoir is not exactly known for have the brightest folk around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is 4 hr bobbyg 1
jon ripley 4 hr bobbyg 2
Please report all Food Stamp Fraud!!!!! (Aug '10) 9 hr Citizen 99
Liz Beach Realty 9 hr pastshrimp 5
News Third Confederate flag rises along North Caroli... 9 hr pastshrimp 3
News Silver Alert issued for missing Burke County man 11 hr 828rez 1
Who has the "Big" one? Tue Moose Knuckle 3

Morganton Jobs

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages