Comments
801 - 820 of 855 Comments Last updated Aug 7, 2013
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#871 Jul 31, 2013
TSF wrote:
A foreign corporation is a term used in the United States for an existing corporation that is registered to do business in a state or other jurisdiction other than where it was originally incorporated.[1] A foreign corporation is one incorporated as a domestic corporation in one state of the United States, authorized to do business in additional state(s); the term is also applied to a corporation incorporated outside the United States which is authorized to do business in one or more states of the United States.
Like British Petroleum or Royal Dutch Shell. Additionally, many large US CORPORATIONS ARE OWNED BY FOREIGNERS who pay our money whore legislators to make laws allowing them to take US profits, natural and other resources overseas.
<quoted text>
Is it not the Corp. "profit"? Did they not pay someone for the resources? Did the Corp. not pay for the, and I use this term loosely, privilege, in this regulation nation, to do business in this country? You were doing great until you started adding that "k" again.
Hank

Lenoir, NC

#872 Jul 31, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably just as effectively as you did in 2012.
It`s ok with you if I try? Unfortunately,I went democrat in 2012.I wanted change,and boy did I get change!Do you always have to be so pissy with those you disagree with?Atleast Im getting involved with the American political process,which is more than most do these days.Are you politically active?
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#873 Jul 31, 2013
Hank wrote:
<quoted text>It`s ok with you if I try? Unfortunately,I went democrat in 2012.I wanted change,and boy did I get change!Do you always have to be so pissy with those you disagree with?Atleast Im getting involved with the American political process,which is more than most do these days.Are you politically active?
More than you would care to know about, and have been all of my life. Pissy? No, not you. Everybody in Texas thinks like you anyhow, so you really don't have much work to do, do you?
spin doctor

Lenoir, NC

#874 Jul 31, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
More than you would care to know about, and have been all of my life. Pissy? No, not you. Everybody in Texas thinks like you anyhow, so you really don't have much work to do, do you?
Generalize much? oh but at least your not racist... at least towards blacks anyways huh. Say what you want about Texas but hey guess what, they accounted for 50% of Obama's job growth or the job growth he took credit for I should say. Keep spinning and twisting little liberal sheep.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#875 Jul 31, 2013
"Paid " for resources? In many cases, it costs the taxpayers money to give them the resources. In most cases, the resources are virtually given away free, like our oil for instance.
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>Is it not the Corp. "profit"? Did they not pay someone for the resources? Did the Corp. not pay for the, and I use this term loosely, privilege, in this regulation nation, to do business in this country? You were doing great until you started adding that "k" again.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#876 Jul 31, 2013
spin doctor wrote:
<quoted text>Generalize much? oh but at least your not racist... at least towards blacks anyways huh. Say what you want about Texas but hey guess what, they accounted for 50% of Obama's job growth or the job growth he took credit for I should say. Keep spinning and twisting little liberal sheep.
How many different names is one allowed on Topix?
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#877 Jul 31, 2013
Texas is a great state to be FROM.
spin doctor wrote:
<quoted text>Generalize much? oh but at least your not racist... at least towards blacks anyways huh. Say what you want about Texas but hey guess what, they accounted for 50% of Obama's job growth or the job growth he took credit for I should say. Keep spinning and twisting little liberal sheep.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#878 Jul 31, 2013
You know, Waco, you may consider yourself "smarter than the average bear", but in reality you are really not that difficult to figure out.

When "Hank" came on, Waco left the thread.
"Hank" made a reference to Waco being correct in one of his prior post. "It's like Waco said......."
"Hank" and "Waco" sound too similar in their style.

You created "Hank" and the more recent "Spin Doctor" because we had a previous agreement not to discuss this case with each other, but you use New names to continue on with the game, thus, making you a very dishonest individual. Not hard at all to figure you out.
get over yourself

Lenoir, NC

#879 Jul 31, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
How many different names is one allowed on Topix?
Is that your reply to everything you cant answer, typical liberal either diverting or calling someone a racist, do you people not understand Americans are really growing tired of your BS. You can dish it out but you cant take it or answer up to anything.
get over yourself

Lenoir, NC

#880 Jul 31, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
You know, Waco, you may consider yourself "smarter than the average bear", but in reality you are really not that difficult to figure out.
When "Hank" came on, Waco left the thread.
"Hank" made a reference to Waco being correct in one of his prior post. "It's like Waco said......."
"Hank" and "Waco" sound too similar in their style.
You created "Hank" and the more recent "Spin Doctor" because we had a previous agreement not to discuss this case with each other, but you use New names to continue on with the game, thus, making you a very dishonest individual. Not hard at all to figure you out.
Actually spin doctor is me but I didn't want to look back and see what I used earlier after I had already typed the last message out but "get over yourself" seems appropriate. Are you seriously so daft you cant see the differences in peoples conversation and writing styles. Are you so paranoid and disillusion to think your ideology is the majority and only two people think opposite of you. How pathetic it must be to live in such denial.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#881 Aug 1, 2013
I really feel sorry for you, Waco, because obviously you have serious psychological issues and probably lonley and unhappy. I can imagine that Topix is your reality and connection to the world. Just know that your game is very obvious and others will use it in the future when you use it.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#882 Aug 2, 2013
Majority of Americans support 'Stand Your Ground' laws: poll
By Matthew DeLuca, Staff Writer, NBC News

A majority of Americans support “Stand Your Ground” laws, according to a new national Quinnipiac University poll that found strong division along political and gender lines.

Fifty-three percent of American voters said they support the laws, which came to widespread national attention after the fatal shooting of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin. Activists in Florida and other states have called for a review of the law, which supporters argue has helped lower crime rates.

Forty percent of those surveyed oppose the laws.

Voters in households with a gun tilted strongly in favor of “Stand Your Ground,” with 67 percent backing the laws that have been enacted in some two dozen states. The first such law was passed in Florida in 2005 with support from the National Rifle Association.

The poll, which was conducted on July 28 through 31, found sharp divisions between black and white voters on the issue. A full 57 percent of white voters are for “Stand Your Ground” laws, according to the poll, with the same number of black voters in opposition. The laws received strong support from male voters as well as Republicans and independents, while Democrats and women tended to be against them.

“’Stand Your Ground’ splits the country sharply along political, gender and racial lines,” Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute said in a press release.“With these kinds of numbers, it’s unlikely the movement to repeal ‘Stand Your Ground’ will be successful in most of the country.”

The country is about evenly split on how President Obama is doing, according to the poll, with 46 percent saying they approve and 48 percent saying they disapprove. The president is more trustworthy than Republicans in Congress when it comes to handling the economy, however, respondents said.

The poll surveyed 1,468 voters, and has a margin of error of 2.6 percentage points.
State of Florida

Huntersville, NC

#883 Aug 5, 2013
Maybe not on this thread because I don't personally know any of you, but with many of my conservative Christian friends, I ask them if they think Jesus would be a stand your ground advocate? Usually they just babble and move on. Not one has given a straight answer. So, I am asking those of you who profess Christianity the same question. Would Jesus be a stand your ground advocate? Why or why not?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#884 Aug 6, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
Maybe not on this thread because I don't personally know any of you, but with many of my conservative Christian friends, I ask them if they think Jesus would be a stand your ground advocate? Usually they just babble and move on. Not one has given a straight answer. So, I am asking those of you who profess Christianity the same question. Would Jesus be a stand your ground advocate? Why or why not?
I'm your huckleberry! Oh, before I answer, what do you thing Jesus would think of abortion? Hmmm? I think Jesus would support the act of a person defending their lives and property when either is attacked.Why? Because the correct biblical translation is not"thou shalt not kill"...but"thou shalt not murder"....killing someone who threatens your life and property is not murder.You may not agree with me, but I have given you my answer State, and i think that i am going to try and raise the level of our discussion by not resorting to diatribes and character assassination.Incorrect spelling though......ha!
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#885 Aug 6, 2013
I love the way your "friends babble", you sound like a great friend. Don't we have a "separation of church and state"? You can not use this example without using all the rest, like homosexuality, infidelity etc. Stand your ground is a law. Now, if you would like to ask about another religion...guess which one, where you can strike down someone go ahead. Oh yeah, try reading the Koran.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#886 Aug 6, 2013
TSF although I agree with your assertion of most Americans supporting"stand your ground" I'm also aware that sometimes most Americans....are wrong.Although not, I believe, in this case.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#887 Aug 6, 2013
By the way State, in the interest of fairness, my grammar is far from perfect, you can only get so far with an eigth grade education, but my spelling is, as they say,"beyond reproach".
Breakfast in America

Shelbyville, TN

#888 Aug 6, 2013
This is an example of a truly outstanding forum.Something I rarely see these days.
Special K

Lenoir, NC

#889 Aug 6, 2013
Breakfast in America wrote:
This is an example of a truly outstanding forum.Something I rarely see these days.
Be real butkisser.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#890 Aug 6, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm your huckleberry! Oh, before I answer, what do you thing Jesus would think of abortion? Hmmm? I think Jesus would support the act of a person defending their lives and property when either is attacked.Why? Because the correct biblical translation is not"thou shalt not kill"...but"thou shalt not murder"....killing someone who threatens your life and property is not murder.You may not agree with me, but I have given you my answer State, and i think that i am going to try and raise the level of our discussion by not resorting to diatribes and character assassination.Incorrect spelling though......ha!
I will answer your abortion question after to respond to this. Jesus would advise you to "defend yourself and your property?" Is that why he said, "If someone smite thee, turn to him the other cheek also?" What did Jesus mean by this statement? Does this sound like he would support 'Stand Your Ground' to you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr TSF 58,871
Questions about Swingerlifestyle 2 hr part time 2
Wheels Car Lot 7 hr Just saying 4
Eola Beer Company 7 hr Just saying 8
Graduation project for Caldwell County Seniors (Oct '10) 7 hr Concerned 24
the change 8 hr paint it black 2
Craigslist (Mar '13) 9 hr Just saying 48
•••
•••
•••