one thing for certain

United States

#788 Jul 28, 2013
God don't like ugly..in any race. He knows each heart. And what a glorious day of judgment we will all see. Those who harbor hate against another will face judgment just as we all will..I believe in self defense and I also believe in standing up for your rights ..Now what color am I?
State of Florida

Crouse, NC

#789 Jul 28, 2013
TSF wrote:
You know, I think the dumbasses are the ones who are NOT packing. I can only imagine how the ivory tower la de das come to believe that violence will never affect them personally. I have know several of the insulated so called pacifist who by chance became victims of violent crime and survived. Soon afterwards, all of them started packing and became more prone to aggressively using deadly force than those who had never been so sheltered.
So you think police carry guns to protect you? Wrong. Police carry guns to protect themselves. When seconds count (like when someone is bashing your head against concrete), the police are at least several minutes and probably even hours away. Police protection is a fable. What police do is come out and make the report of what previously happened. They are not supermen and have little effect on prevention. Hate to break your bubble but your personal protection is your job. It has never been otherwise. Stand your ground is simply a legal admission of that fact.
<quoted text>
You would be carrying a different tune if YOUR child was killed in a stand your ground match up. You can be totally detached because you have no personal stake in this incident. Let one of your kids get killed (and I hope they never do) by an idiot with a gun claiming stand your ground, and you would raise all kinds of holy hell about the law. You would be screaming the loudest of all for justice. And don't tell me that you wouldn't.
State of Florida

Crouse, NC

#790 Jul 28, 2013
By the way, I have been robbed and I still don't pack, so don't put me in the same category with your weak friends.
Bubba

Clayton, NC

#791 Jul 28, 2013
As we fail to raise our children and allow them to be disrespectful to others and have no reguard for another persons life, we should not place the blame of their childs death on the hands of the person that uses his right to protect himself from bodily harm or even death to themselves. Parents that do not take the time to train their children on how to succeed in life are the blame for instances such as this happening. If the parents of these children that are constantly in trouble in school, having anger problems and stealing were shown the attention before this happenned their child may still be around. It's a little to late to start showing the attention they needed after they are gone, they are fooling no one.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#792 Jul 28, 2013
I have been robbed.Don't carry.My throat was cut.Only a miracle I'm here.I was 17, working at 7-11........two sixteen year olds did it....funny....I wound up stabbing a guy years later who assaulted me....to tell the truth, I wish I has shot then all....

“Vote”

Houston

#793 Jul 28, 2013
My sister was also robbed and stabbed....bad neighborhood....??....i don't know if she was weak or not, State of Florida....normally I don't respond to you anymore....but she survived.....but you know....she's messed up in the head now......won't come out of her house anymore....guy stabbed her...was a 18 year old crack head....guess...we're all just weak , compared to you, State of Florida....but i will say this one more thing to you, State....you ever meet me....you won't think I'm weak...

“Vote”

Houston

#794 Jul 28, 2013
There's something wrong with you, State.Don't know what it is, its like you live in a distorted reality, where if you keep repeating the same thing, then that makes it true.People like you, they're very dangerous, more dangerous than a common murderer.You obsessively believe that everything that comes out of your mouth is Gods own truth.The most dangerous thing in the world,a person who sees himself more moral and pure than anyone else, convinced beyond all doubt of the rightness of his cause.And totally, completely, wrong......
Truth

Fleetwood, NC

#795 Jul 29, 2013
Trayvon was going to get shot dead by someone
sooner or later. Momma did not raise him right. It just happened sooner rather than later. He was just another statistic. Let’s move on and worry about people who are productive citizens of society.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#796 Jul 29, 2013
Oh, I have a personal stake and the scars to prove that.. What you fail to understand is that sometimes you have no choice but to stand your ground. Making self defense legal just avoids having the legal system victimize you for a second time for the same incident.
I notice in the news that black youth are now robbing and beating white people "for Travon". So a Hispanic man kills a black attacker and its "white" peoples fault and that provides an excuse to rob, destroy property, steal electronics, beat and kill innocents? So its just a mystery to you why anyone would think it prudent to carry a weapon. There is a big difference between racism and realism.
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be carrying a different tune if YOUR child was killed in a stand your ground match up. You can be totally detached because you have no personal stake in this incident. Let one of your kids get killed (and I hope they never do) by an idiot with a gun claiming stand your ground, and you would raise all kinds of holy hell about the law. You would be screaming the loudest of all for justice. And don't tell me that you wouldn't.
Dang

Greer, SC

#797 Jul 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
Oh, I have a personal stake and the scars to prove that.. What you fail to understand is that sometimes you have no choice but to stand your ground. Making self defense legal just avoids having the legal system victimize you for a second time for the same incident.
I notice in the news that black youth are now robbing and beating white people "for Travon". So a Hispanic man kills a black attacker and its "white" peoples fault and that provides an excuse to rob, destroy property, steal electronics, beat and kill innocents? So its just a mystery to you why anyone would think it prudent to carry a weapon. There is a big difference between racism and realism.
<quoted text>
No truer words ever spoken! Need to ask State if they would put their dead son's picture on a business card? I know, two views, one, in memory, two, to promote business thru media fame. People will decide.(Remember, she "trademarked" his name).
State of Florida

Huntersville, NC

#798 Jul 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
Trayvon was going to get shot dead by someone
sooner or later. Momma did not raise him right. It just happened sooner rather than later. He was just another statistic. Let’s move on and worry about people who are productive citizens of society.
Congratulations. You have summed up in several sentences the sentiments of most Zimmerman supporters. "He's just another statistic". You are cold and heartless to think that Martin's family did not love him as much as you love your own children. So, if one of your children are needlessly murdered, then I hope we as a society show some compassion toward the loss your love one, and not dismiss it as "another statistic". Thanks for your comment. You have expressed what every other person on here has indicated in their posts, however, not in the eloquent way that you have expressed it.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#799 Jul 29, 2013
Being realistic doesn't make someone a Zimmerman supporter. The importance of maintaining the rule of law over mob rule is a bigger issue than Zimmerman or Martin.
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations. You have summed up in several sentences the sentiments of most Zimmerman supporters. "He's just another statistic". You are cold and heartless to think that Martin's family did not love him as much as you love your own children. So, if one of your children are needlessly murdered, then I hope we as a society show some compassion toward the loss your love one, and not dismiss it as "another statistic". Thanks for your comment. You have expressed what every other person on here has indicated in their posts, however, not in the eloquent way that you have expressed it.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#800 Jul 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
Being realistic doesn't make someone a Zimmerman supporter. The importance of maintaining the rule of law over mob rule is a bigger issue than Zimmerman or Martin.
<quoted text>
Have I ever said I supported the after effect of the court ruling in regard to the protests? No. I have said ,however, that the stand your ground law is going to cause chaos and confusion, plus future controversial rulings in court. It looks that I am correct on the first one. Do Americans have the right to protest? Have I ever condoned the results of violence that some of these have produced? In no way have I supported or condoned any violence, but it will happen more and more in the future unless it is repealed. Prepare yourself for social unrest. It is a law that breeds social chaos and most are too dense to see this.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#801 Jul 29, 2013
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>No truer words ever spoken! Need to ask State if they would put their dead son's picture on a business card? I know, two views, one, in memory, two, to promote business thru media fame. People will decide.(Remember, she "trademarked" his name).
I am sure the Martin family does not get into any of your personal business, so why don't you just stay the hell out of theirs? If I had a dead son, I can memorialize him the way I choose. So can you. What they or I do is none of your business or concern.

“Vote”

Houston

#802 Jul 29, 2013
I will not surrender to evil without a fight.The grinning faces of the race haters will not prevail.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#803 Jul 29, 2013
When the masses perceive that an injustice has been rendered, protest is the American way to respond. Right or wrong in our way of thinking as to the cause, it is something that the Bill of Rights guarentees. Stand your ground will render more and more of this type of protest.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#804 Jul 29, 2013
There is nothing wrong with PEACEFUL protests. Stealing, robbing, breaking windows , beating and killing innocents is a strange way to seek sympathy for your cause or to "honor" the fallen (dishonor is more like it). That kind of protest just proves the need to pack and be prepared to kill any jackels who decide to attack you . Martin was not killed because of stand your ground laws and those laws were not used in his defense. Martin was killed because he SADLY made a fatal decision to play billy bad ass with the wrong person.
State of Florida wrote:
When the masses perceive that an injustice has been rendered, protest is the American way to respond. Right or wrong in our way of thinking as to the cause, it is something that the Bill of Rights guarentees. Stand your ground will render more and more of this type of protest.
State of Florida

Huntersville, NC

#805 Jul 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
There is nothing wrong with PEACEFUL protests. Stealing, robbing, breaking windows , beating and killing innocents is a strange way to seek sympathy for your cause or to "honor" the fallen (dishonor is more like it). That kind of protest just proves the need to pack and be prepared to kill any jackels who decide to attack you . Martin was not killed because of stand your ground laws and those laws were not used in his defense. Martin was killed because he SADLY made a fatal decision to play billy bad ass with the wrong person.
<quoted text>
The existing law in Florida was the reason there wasn't a hung jury in the case according to the juror who said their hands were tied and that Zimmerman "got away with murder", whether 'stand your ground' was used in court as a defense or not. Some will bring violence with them in any large gathering. Get used to it. There is more to come. Not condoning the violence associated, but you don't think individuals who view this as a miscarriage of justice have the right to express themselves in protests? It's simple. If you do not want to be attacked by some jackel, stay away! Otherwise your pressence there opens up the opportunity for danger. That is reasonable enough to conclude, isn't it?

“Vote”

Houston

#806 Jul 29, 2013
I'm ready for violence, lots of violence.

“Vote”

Houston

#807 Jul 29, 2013
In 1800, most Americans thought that slavery was justified.They were wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There goes the tourism in Florida. 1 hr Robert Ledford 4
Democrats, I will assist you in committing suic... 2 hr State of Tampa bay 5
wanna be gangster girls at case farms Fri LeleFROMthedowell 4
please report all foodstamp fraud. Fri John 2
Loud Booms at 4am? Jul 27 Becky 3
Completely nude sunbathing chick Jul 27 Scooter 4
does anyone not care about whats going on at st... Jul 26 Dangalang 4

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance