FBC Member

Maiden, NC

#21 Jul 28, 2013
my question wrote:
<quoted text>Well I agree out of my own personal beliefs although I refuse to push my personal beliefs on anyone else and to add to that im not comfortable with any church involved in politics. Church is there for worshiping the Lord.
My question to you and anyone else at FBC is this. If what you say is correct and the church is fighting for more God fearing politicians then what do you say on the subject of the Sheriffs election? It would seem that you all would be in full force behind Lance Wilson as he is without a doubt a man of God.
You damn right he stand up for the word of God...
Linda Gibbons

Maiden, NC

#22 Jul 28, 2013
Lance will join our church soon and will be a great leader in Caldwell County hope to see him overturn Jones our Elders will bless him.
RayRay

Morganton, NC

#23 Jul 28, 2013
Gary Bradshaw wrote:
<quoted text>
What happen to Rev. Smith he got out when the pot of money run out. And by the way all on the city council are elder except Rhor who attend Lower Creek Baptist another bunch of crackpot....
Gary, it's getting sad and you are embarrassing yourself.
RB STARR

Hudson, NC

#24 Jul 29, 2013
The FBC is a good church. Many of their members are college graduates, as are the church leaders. They can spell, as this person who is pretending to be one of them surely can't spell at all. If the church has involvement in politics it would be that the people with more education make more money and can financially support their candidates. This isn't because the church tells them to do so, but because they choose to vote for the people they know. Please folks, get a grip on it. Either join FBC and see and know what you're talking about or talk about your own church if you have one. If you don't have one you need to get one.
Mark Goforth

Rutherfordton, NC

#25 Jul 31, 2013
My vote for Gary Whisnant here a man that keep Lenoir safe.....
Mark Goforth

Rutherfordton, NC

#26 Jul 31, 2013
RB STARR wrote:
The FBC is a good church. Many of their members are college graduates, as are the church leaders. They can spell, as this person who is pretending to be one of them surely can't spell at all. If the church has involvement in politics it would be that the people with more education make more money and can financially support their candidates. This isn't because the church tells them to do so, but because they choose to vote for the people they know. Please folks, get a grip on it. Either join FBC and see and know what you're talking about or talk about your own church if you have one. If you don't have one you need to get one.
There yo go telling everyone how great you fools are that the FBC has all the College graduates ans all the other church folks are just stupid folks with all your money. I rest my case......
Mark Goforth

Rutherfordton, NC

#27 Jul 31, 2013
Mark Goforth wrote:
My vote for Gary Whisnant here a man that keep Lenoir safe.....
By the way I misspell for you to make fun of because you fBC folks are gifted Gods....
American Legion Member

Rutherfordton, NC

#28 Jul 31, 2013
RayRay wrote:
This thread serves no purpose other than to spread ignorance, hate and misinformation. The fool that started it doesn't even know the candidates names. People, don't fall for this crap. Do your homework and,,for Pete's sake, don't rely on what you read on a hack, gossip site for your voting research.
Ray kiss our azzzz.... freedom of speech you ole fbc obama supporter.. and vote for your friend Ike Perkins...
Member PAC

Crouse, NC

#29 Aug 1, 2013
No more comments on here the church has approved the ones that will win the race. Ike Perkins. Merlin Perry, Ron Stilwell, and the wonderful sweet lady that work for Well Fargo. So this thread is histroy...
Ray Ray

Crouse, NC

#30 Aug 1, 2013
Great Great
one sixteenth

Morganton, NC

#31 Aug 1, 2013
American Indian wrote:
I would like to see an American Indian like me go into office in Lenoir. The only one that I can think of who had any affiliation to the true Native American's was Martha Griffin who ran for county commissioner years ago. I asked her why she did not bring up the fact her family was of the great American Indian. She smiled and in a soft voice replied,'This is not an office about color, it is an office of what is best for the people and especially the children." I respected that. She also went on to tell me that she had friends of all races and they were highly educated and some were not but to her all were the same. "A person makes up that person whe told me and they are in control of their future. A remarkable Lady.
I would vote for you!
no thanks

Lenoir, NC

#32 Aug 2, 2013
Mark Goforth wrote:
My vote for Gary Whisnant here a man that keep Lenoir safe.....
Isn't he part of the Alan Jones cult of personality... no thanks I think we've all had enough of that. Is Alan trying to take over the city now as well?
carol

Lenoir, NC

#33 Aug 2, 2013
You don't. Want. Whisnant. In office. He is not what. This city needs. You need to do your homework. On Mr. Whisnant.. His on party makes fun of him.
Bill Stonel

Lincolnton, NC

#34 Aug 3, 2013
Gary is the man he has my support and Pat.....
fat chance

Lenoir, NC

#35 Aug 3, 2013
Bill Stonel wrote:
Gary is the man he has my support and Pat.....
Get a life you twit.
Mark Johnson

Bostic, NC

#36 Aug 4, 2013
Ok vote for NAACP monkeys thats what Lenoir needs more black foolish My vote for Gary Whisnant.
Curt Perkins Dula Town

Bostic, NC

#37 Aug 4, 2013
Yes we need more Blacks and Gay folks to seek public office my vote for Ike Perkins NAACP approved...
no to both

Enfield, IL

#38 Aug 4, 2013
Mark Johnson wrote:
Ok vote for NAACP monkeys thats what Lenoir needs more black foolish My vote for Gary Whisnant.
I am sure those are not our only choices and I wont be voting for either but I sure wont be voting for that red headed clown. If that's the way you vote then no wonder this town and county is always in the shape its in. Neither one of those people are qualified to my knowledge to be making decisions about where I live, I know gary isn't and ike perkins is probably just doing it because he is black but he is still better than gary.
Dula Harper Town

Newton, NC

#39 Aug 4, 2013
My vote for Rev.Perkins he love everyone and hope someday to perform Gay marriages at his church most of the bible was wrote by white men and Rev. Ike can break it down to love everyone. We need black leadership and the future will hold gays folks as well we will love each other, aman...
Sam Reid

Newton, NC

#40 Aug 4, 2013
My support is for Rev.Perkins that why you see no problems in our black community mostly in white area the problem is Ike will help those white folks as he did the black folks. Thank You

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 30 min DON W SOUTH 8,025
Brandy Stebbins 1 hr Mark 7
Do these ghost towns exist? 2 hr Victor 40
Shooting at Food Lion 4 hr KEEPIN MIND 161
New Barbershop Open 4 hr Josh 33
Jessica(Jess) Greene (Nov '08) 6 hr memyselfandi 7
Manager at Greer Labs (Mar '11) 7 hr stone cold 44

Freeze Watch for Burke County was issued at March 27 at 6:54PM EDT

Morganton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Morganton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]