Lenoir City Council Race 2013

Posted in the Morganton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Lenoir Voter FBCL

Morganton, NC

#1 Jul 25, 2013
Lenoir Council members and the elders at FBC support the two Black people. Once again let's see FBC in action again......
RB STARR

Hudson, NC

#2 Jul 26, 2013
Great, Great, Great.
Sam Reid

Morganton, NC

#3 Jul 26, 2013
We need more Black leaders here in Lenoir. We have a great future with President Obama Rev. Ike Perkins and the other Black person good choice the First Baptist Church is on the ball Mayor Gibbon and the council has this plan over a year ago and appointed the Rev Perkins to the Lenoir Planing Board after all God is with the Council and the FBC Great Great....
who cares

Lenoir, NC

#4 Jul 26, 2013
No one cares what FBC says or does. That place is a farce of a church and nothing more than a social club and a place to see and be seen. Some of the worst of the crooked politicians in this county go there. If they endorse anything I will certainly vote the opposite. The simple fact that they, a church would endorse a politician at all says a lot about them.
American Indian

United States

#5 Jul 27, 2013
I would like to see an American Indian like me go into office in Lenoir. The only one that I can think of who had any affiliation to the true Native American's was Martha Griffin who ran for county commissioner years ago. I asked her why she did not bring up the fact her family was of the great American Indian. She smiled and in a soft voice replied,'This is not an office about color, it is an office of what is best for the people and especially the children." I respected that. She also went on to tell me that she had friends of all races and they were highly educated and some were not but to her all were the same. "A person makes up that person whe told me and they are in control of their future. A remarkable Lady.
FBC Member

Rutherfordton, NC

#6 Jul 27, 2013
Watch your mouth the FBC and the elders are control by God you see what happen in the 2009 city council election the wrath of our church destroy the evil canidates. Rev. Ike Perkin of the NAACP and the female has been appointed to win the rest of them are out.....
FBC Member

Rutherfordton, NC

#7 Jul 27, 2013
who cares wrote:
No one cares what FBC says or does. That place is a farce of a church and nothing more than a social club and a place to see and be seen. Some of the worst of the crooked politicians in this county go there. If they endorse anything I will certainly vote the opposite. The simple fact that they, a church would endorse a politician at all says a lot about them.
You will burn in helll......
we shall see

Enfield, IL

#8 Jul 27, 2013
FBC Member wrote:
Watch your mouth the FBC and the elders are control by God you see what happen in the 2009 city council election the wrath of our church destroy the evil canidates. Rev. Ike Perkin of the NAACP and the female has been appointed to win the rest of them are out.....
Lmao are you serious. Can anyone be that damn stupid as you appear to be. Let me reiterate what the other person said. No one except the people at first baptist church give two shits about anything they say or do. Secondly the same applies to the NAACP. Your church is a nothing and if GOD brings his wrath down on anything it will be your church for using his house to further your futile political aspirations. If I have to spend my own money and all my free time to campaign against you I will now.
RayRay

Lenoir, NC

#9 Jul 27, 2013
This thread serves no purpose other than to spread ignorance, hate and misinformation. The fool that started it doesn't even know the candidates names. People, don't fall for this crap. Do your homework and,,for Pete's sake, don't rely on what you read on a hack, gossip site for your voting research.
we shall see

Enfield, IL

#10 Jul 27, 2013
FBC Member wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you give christains a bad name. Its almost unthinkable that you would dare use religion or GOD for such reasons and then to condemn someone one to hell lol you will see who's in hell. Another thing is why are blacks trying to use race when they constantly claim they want to be treated equal. Well last I checked no white politicians go around announcing they are white when they run for office. If all you have is the fact that you or they are black then I doubt you or they are qualified for the job. Like I said earlier no one gives a crap about the NAACP or who they back. They are just a black KKK.
Lenoir Freedom Group

Lenoir, NC

#11 Jul 27, 2013
It has been approved at our last Sunday school PAC meeting the one's we want is Elder Merlin Perry & Ron Stillwell, Rev. Ike Perkins. The Rev. Fred Smith invite all you folks to attend on Sunday than you will understand. May God Bless you all.
faithful

Lenoir, NC

#12 Jul 27, 2013
Man this church must really think a lot of themselves to basically say "this is who we want in office" and expect anyone to just do what they recommend. I too would like to know why a church is discussing politics instead of matters of faith.
who cares

Lenoir, NC

#13 Jul 27, 2013
FBC Member wrote:
I would say go take your meds but I have a feeling you are just that ignorant naturally. Why dont you explain to me why I should watch my mouth and be as specific as possible, while you are at it be very detailed at how you and FBC "will destroy the evil candidates". I'll be waiting...
who cares

Lenoir, NC

#14 Jul 27, 2013
FBC Member wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am going to burn in hell then the devil will be using you for the firewood. See you there.
Gary the man

Bostic, NC

#15 Jul 28, 2013
My vote is for Gary Whisnant he has class and has contacts with top people in government and his wife is a DVM she is helping her baby to get elected. Gary will be fair no black foolish bs here.....
Joe Barlow

Bostic, NC

#16 Jul 28, 2013
faithful wrote:
Man this church must really think a lot of themselves to basically say "this is who we want in office" and expect anyone to just do what they recommend. I too would like to know why a church is discussing politics instead of matters of faith.
It is a matter of faith we need more God fearing leaders in government . The FBC is not afraid to take a stand.
my question

Enfield, IL

#17 Jul 28, 2013
Joe Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a matter of faith we need more God fearing leaders in government . The FBC is not afraid to take a stand.
Well I agree out of my own personal beliefs although I refuse to push my personal beliefs on anyone else and to add to that im not comfortable with any church involved in politics. Church is there for worshiping the Lord.

My question to you and anyone else at FBC is this. If what you say is correct and the church is fighting for more God fearing politicians then what do you say on the subject of the Sheriffs election? It would seem that you all would be in full force behind Lance Wilson as he is without a doubt a man of God.
RayRay

Lenoir, NC

#18 Jul 28, 2013
Lenoir Freedom Group wrote:
It has been approved at our last Sunday school PAC meeting the one's we want is Elder Merlin Perry & Ron Stillwell, Rev. Ike Perkins. The Rev. Fred Smith invite all you folks to attend on Sunday than you will understand. May God Bless you all.
Folks, this is BS and is not from anyone representing First Baptist Church. First of all, our church would never tell someone how to vote or announce support for ANY candidates. That's your choice. Second, the person writing this doesn't even know our church structure......we don't have Elders. Lastly, our preacher is not Fred Smith. People, don't believe this bunk. Someone or some candidate is already getting desperate. Easy to see.
my question

Enfield, IL

#19 Jul 28, 2013
RayRay wrote:
<quoted text>Folks, this is BS and is not from anyone representing First Baptist Church. First of all, our church would never tell someone how to vote or announce support for ANY candidates. That's your choice. Second, the person writing this doesn't even know our church structure......we don't have Elders. Lastly, our preacher is not Fred Smith. People, don't believe this bunk. Someone or some candidate is already getting desperate. Easy to see.
I have never been to FBC but I would believe this statement to be true. I think someone is just trying to use their name or stir the pot. Way too many trolls on this site. Thanks.
Gary Bradshaw

Maiden, NC

#20 Jul 28, 2013
my question wrote:
<quoted text>I have never been to FBC but I would believe this statement to be true. I think someone is just trying to use their name or stir the pot. Way too many trolls on this site. Thanks.
What happen to Rev. Smith he got out when the pot of money run out. And by the way all on the city council are elder except Rhor who attend Lower Creek Baptist another bunch of crackpot....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Multiculturism Is A Failure 2 min Enigma 4
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 13 min TSF 10,264
Something to think about 49 min Waco 1909 8
Christie FLIPS, no longer supports Common Core! 55 min Waco 1909 5
DROP/KEEP/ADD a word (Feb '14) 1 hr Waco 1909 125
Another Mohammed cartoon contest tomorrow in Ph... 1 hr Enigma 5
Is Allah Short on Virgins? 1 hr Enigma 18
More from around the web

Morganton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE