Shooting on Clarks Chapel Road

Posted in the Morganton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wondering

Lenoir, NC

#1 Oct 30, 2012
Heard an old buddy of mine got killed. What happened?
Marsha

Enfield, IL

#2 Oct 30, 2012
Could this be what you are talking about ?

LENOIR (WJRI) Authorities have released the identity of the person who was shot to death last week in Lenoir. 31-year-old Joseph Clark Young was killed Friday night. Deputies were responding to a trespassing call at a residence on Clarks Chapel Rd. when the call changed to a shooting. When officers arrived on the scene they found Young, Caldwell County EMS was called and pronounced him dead at the scene. The investigation has been given to the District Attorneys Office to decide on if charges will be filed. The investigation is continuing.
Saddened

Hot Springs, VA

#3 Oct 30, 2012
Marsha wrote:
Could this be what you are talking about ?
LENOIR (WJRI) Authorities have released the identity of the person who was shot to death last week in Lenoir. 31-year-old Joseph Clark Young was killed Friday night. Deputies were responding to a trespassing call at a residence on Clarks Chapel Rd. when the call changed to a shooting. When officers arrived on the scene they found Young, Caldwell County EMS was called and pronounced him dead at the scene. The investigation has been given to the District Attorneys Office to decide on if charges will be filed. The investigation is continuing.
Joe was a great guy ,the person that done this needs to be punished how can anyone live with themselves knowing they killed some little kids daddy,you should be completely ashamed.joe wouldn't have hurt a flea so the self defense thing don't cut it,joe was a person with a good heart,a person who thought the world of his kids,the kids that have to go through life without their daddy.how can you even claim to be gods child with such bad actions
Wondering

Lenoir, NC

#4 Oct 30, 2012
Who did it?
mandi

Enfield, IL

#5 Oct 30, 2012
thomas jd reeves whom rented joes brother's mobil home.and joes mother lived right in front of the mobil home so im not clear on where a renter can hollar tresspassing when joe lived with his mother and freaquented there often,this man should of been charged with agervated murder
Wondering

Lenoir, NC

#6 Oct 30, 2012
Is it the Thomas Reeves that worked at the old Broyhill married a girl name Melody that worked with him?
Saddened

Hot Springs, VA

#7 Oct 31, 2012
Yea and the owner of the mobile home is my best friend him and joe both were the nicest people anyone would want to meet,so I. Hope he gets what he deserves because he has really not only took my best friends brother but someone's husband,and daddy.there is cops to protect if needed,nobody should ever have to resort in such heartless crime,and then yell self defense,that's what your fist and a good ass whippin is for,only cowards resort to guns.so I guess he fits in that category.
Choices

Greenville, SC

#8 Oct 31, 2012
Sometimes our anger and poor decisions leads to tragic situations as this. A renter does not have to be harrassed by their owners nor their families. So they can claim tresspassing.If this person felt threatned enough to call for police help for tresspassing then it sounds like he tried to prevent any violence. Something must have happened suddenly after that phone call for him to have shot him. Guns are not just for cowards they are for protection and sometimes people feel threatned enough to use them. There are two sides to this story. Wasn't their witnesses on the scene? The families are always left to deal with such tragic decisions.
JFS

West Jefferson, NC

#9 Oct 31, 2012
Is this the same Joseph Young that has pending charges for copper theft in Caldwell County? If so, when did thiefs become described as fine outstanding citizens? Just the same, he didn't deserve to die if he wasn't being overly aggressive and the shooter didn't genuinely feel his life was in danger.
Also wondering

Kings Mountain, NC

#10 Oct 31, 2012
This is so sad. Joe was a great man. "Wondering" how did u hear of this?
Lenoir

Newton, NC

#11 Oct 31, 2012
He must have felt threatened the audio tape when he called 911 he advised the person to stop fire a warning shot and then shot the person as he was being threatened so wait for all the story please!! None of you would let someone come into your home and do harm to you if you say you would you are lying !!
FRIEND

Lawndale, NC

#12 Nov 5, 2012
JFS wrote:
Is this the same Joseph Young that has pending charges for copper theft in Caldwell County? If so, when did thiefs become described as fine outstanding citizens? Just the same, he didn't deserve to die if he wasn't being overly aggressive and the shooter didn't genuinely feel his life was in danger.
don't talk trash about stuff you don't know anything about put your badge back on and go out and steal from all the other working people talk trash about stuff like that but your scared to so sit there and shut you mouth like a good little tax payer you FP if you know what that means he was a good person never mad or hateful to anyone and put a smile on everybodys face even when he was feeling bad he just took too much from too many people like you who only cares about themself and no one else or how stuff like this that you wrote will hurt the family so try not to be so STUPID if you can help it but I BUT NOT
ooooouch

Hudson, NC

#13 Nov 5, 2012
I hope I never "but not"...sounds kinda painful...
JFS

West Jefferson, NC

#14 Nov 6, 2012
FRIEND wrote:
<quoted text> don't talk trash about stuff you don't know anything about put your badge back on and go out and steal from all the other working people talk trash about stuff like that but your scared to so sit there and shut you mouth like a good little tax payer you FP if you know what that means he was a good person never mad or hateful to anyone and put a smile on everybodys face even when he was feeling bad he just took too much from too many people like you who only cares about themself and no one else or how stuff like this that you wrote will hurt the family so try not to be so STUPID if you can help it but I BUT NOT
WTH were you trying to say? I don't even know how to reply to this because I haven't the slightest idea what anything you wrote means! I'm sensing anger (I think) so let me just say I'm sorry if I struck a nerve, however if this is the same guy who was stealing copper I would assume that would make his family pretty embarrassed. Not once did I say he deserved to die because he was caught taking something that didn't belong to him. I do believe in a person's right to defend themselves with whatever measure necessary though. Now let me go figure out where my badge is and try not to "but not" myself in the process=]
murdernotselfdef ence

Bostic, NC

#15 Dec 9, 2012
Only in America can you shoot an unarmed man,out a window in the back and kill him instanly and get to go back to what you was doing before as if nothing happened.It's cold blooded murder and if this is the case everybodys going to start killing people for the hell of it....
Kriegsminister

Lenoir, NC

#16 Dec 9, 2012
murdernotselfdefence wrote:
Only in America can you shoot an unarmed man,out a window in the back and kill him instanly and get to go back to what you was doing before as if nothing happened.It's cold blooded murder and if this is the case everybodys going to start killing people for the hell of it....
Run up on me at my home trying to break down the door threatening me and my family and I'll be glad to show you how it works. It doesn't matter if you're renting or own the place you can't do that anyone and expect not to get shot.
murdernotselfdef ence

Bostic, NC

#17 Dec 9, 2012
Looks like your not a real man, you are a coward.Real men know how to defend their families,they are not scared to face someone they know is unarmed and whoop their ass,especially when they've already been into it with the other person,Only if the other person has a weapon or out numbers them.Anyway for your info Thomas Reeves and Joe were friends,they had already been into it with each other that night.There was never no harm of Joe hurting him besides good old fashion fighting.HE was a chicken shit and shot him in the back of head,he wasn't even facing him plus it was through a window.Hey the next time someone comes to your house you don't care that much for ,wait till they turn around and shoot them from behind,...Its murder !!! Some people need to be careful everybody is a target now...Hurray for Justice
Kriegsminister

Lenoir, NC

#18 Dec 9, 2012
murdernotselfdefence wrote:
Looks like your not a real man, you are a coward.Real men know how to defend their families,they are not scared to face someone they know is unarmed and whoop their ass,especially when they've already been into it with the other person,Only if the other person has a weapon or out numbers them.Anyway for your info Thomas Reeves and Joe were friends,they had already been into it with each other that night.There was never no harm of Joe hurting him besides good old fashion fighting.HE was a chicken shit and shot him in the back of head,he wasn't even facing him plus it was through a window.Hey the next time someone comes to your house you don't care that much for ,wait till they turn around and shoot them from behind,...Its murder !!! Some people need to be careful everybody is a target now...Hurray for Justice
Were you there? Did you see it happen? You don't know what happened just some he said she said BS. It was investigated by the police and the evidence was turned over to the DA.
Where did you get your law degree at Skippy off a box of Cracker Jacks? When you go to someones home looking for trouble you don't always just get your "ass whooped". Call it "chicken shit" or whatever you want but you'll still be just as dead. If you're not smart enough to figure that out then maybe you'll be the next idiot we get to read about.
Cracker

Lenoir, NC

#19 Dec 9, 2012
Kriegsminister wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you there? Did you see it happen? You don't know what happened just some he said she said BS. It was investigated by the police and the evidence was turned over to the DA.
Where did you get your law degree at Skippy off a box of Cracker Jacks? When you go to someones home looking for trouble you don't always just get your "ass whooped". Call it "chicken shit" or whatever you want but you'll still be just as dead. If you're not smart enough to figure that out then maybe you'll be the next idiot we get to read about.
Big talk from the little coward boy with a gun.
Darwin

Lenoir, NC

#20 Dec 9, 2012
Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
Big talk from the little coward boy with a gun.
Ha Ha I'd rather be a "coward boy with a gun" than a wannabe badass boy with a bullet in his head any day of the week. Are you honestly so stupid that you think you can go to other peoples homes {where they live with their family) and jump on them and not get your brains blew out? Wake up Bubba the braindead redneck, life ain't no Steven Segal movie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 33 min emlu 1,723
chic-fil-a 1 hr Repeatly 9
People in jail with Federal Charges 2 hr XXXX 6
Jarrod Johnson 2 hr XXXX 7
who is hiring? 12 hr pinkpanda 1
I need a ride to [and from] High Point. 17 hr temporarily in Mo... 1
Why do people secretly text a married man? 20 hr paint it black 3
Morganton Dating
Find my Match

Morganton Jobs