Murder victim Raoul Dula, suspect Earl Moore Jr. both from Lenoir

Jun 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lenoir News-Topic

The Caldwell County Sheriff's Office charged Earl Franklin Moore Jr., 34, on Friday in the death and mutilation of Raoul Anton Dula, whose body was found Thursday morning in the front yard of a house in Baton.

Comments
1 - 20 of 144 Comments Last updated Mar 15, 2014
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
people

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Why do people want to say things that they know nothing about ok Ooolee might have did bad stuff before but people change
sorry

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

people wrote:
Why do people want to say things that they know nothing about ok Ooolee might have did bad stuff before but people change
No matter what the man's past was, he didn't deserve to die like he did, nor does he deserve the disrespectful comments.

I didn't know the man personally, but that doesn't matter.
Respect and manners should be universal no matter what.

Family and friends of Mr. Dula, I am sorry that you're going
through all this, and I am sorry that people are so mean hearted.
John The Goose

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Heard the tragic news down here in Ft. Worth God Bless you Ooley, hope they get he death penalty.
Choppa

Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

RIP Raoul, West Ends finest!! Earl will be haunted the rest of his life with this. They better keep him in the hole at the county, I would hate to see rabbit food wasted in a orange jump suit. Bow!!!!
Choppa

Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Who is the girl who got arrested along with Earl?? Heard she in protective custody!! Are you scared???
HueBaby

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

My dude Rip fam u will be missed but not 4gtn! May Earl Die A Slow&Painful Death I Mean Slowwww Too.. We we classmates@WC. People wake up this young man was Tortured. One Man cldn't hv done all that! He hadta hv help ur gna burn in HELL EARL AND DA FOLK DAT HELPED U WELL JUZ KNOW ERYTHG COMES OUT TADA LIGHT NEVER LET THIS DIE OOLEE WOULD FIGHT FA YOU TOO NAACP NEEDS TO HERE ABOUT THIS-MARCH/RALLY 2gtr Fa OOLEE
HueBaby

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Stone Earl kill him softly he deserve's it and anybdy that knws wut hpn kill yasef cazu juz az guilty ifu seen him murdered and ur not tlkn ura fakeazz punk and ur gna burn in HELL BBN4LN
people

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Choppa wrote:
Who is the girl who got arrested along with Earl?? Heard she in protective custody!! Are you scared???
All my love goes out to friends and family of oolie and especially his children and I aint heard nothing about a female being arrest if so I hope that pay the price for oolie he will be missed and love by all and I WILL MISS HIM DEARLY LOVE YOU Ooolie Rest your precious soul you will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN
Mani

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Rip cousin you always had me cracking up you was my daddy's bestfriend ya loved making music together you and him you and my dad Anthony was to close I can't believe this could happen to you your so calm and layed. Back rest easy coolcat you will be missed
people

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Mani wrote:
Rip cousin you always had me cracking up you was my daddy's bestfriend ya loved making music together you and him you and my dad Anthony was to close I can't believe this could happen to you your so calm and layed. Back rest easy coolcat you will be missed
All the love goes out to yall and Ooolie will be missed he was so polite and respected and so many will miss him and justice will be gotten for Raoul.
Ndoubleasayhuh

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

HueBaby wrote:
My dude Rip fam u will be missed but not 4gtn! May Earl Die A Slow&Painful Death I Mean Slowwww Too.. We we classmates@WC. People wake up this young man was Tortured. One Man cldn't hv done all that! He hadta hv help ur gna burn in HELL EARL AND DA FOLK DAT HELPED U WELL JUZ KNOW ERYTHG COMES OUT TADA LIGHT NEVER LET THIS DIE OOLEE WOULD FIGHT FA YOU TOO NAACP NEEDS TO HERE ABOUT THIS-MARCH/RALLY 2gtr Fa OOLEE
Why does the NAACP need to be here??
Choppa

Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Trust me on this, a girl and another dude got arrested in connection. How do you think they know where to search for the murder weapon because they are scared and coughing up information. Police are not going to release the information to the public because its still a pending investigation. Do your homework and you will find out!!! West End 4life
Tyran Moore

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

No man deserves a death like his despite anything he done on the past he was great person to be around Ooley always brightened the scene when he was there I hope everything dark and disturbing as his death was I pray to God it comes to the light
revolution32

Spruce Pine, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

I agree with those that say he didn't deserve to die like this. Oolie was well liked in the community. I feel bad for his mother and the rest of his family.
May justice be done.
Making itMore

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Ndoubleasayhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does the NAACP need to be here??
Because he was black and the killer was white. That is really all they need in their minds to make this a race issue when there was likely more to it. As someone else stated plainly, the police are still investigating and I am sure when all is said and done there will be more people involved, more to the story etc. I am not for making this a race issue. No one knows the whole story yet.
dnice

Huntersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

luv u oolie u will never be forgotten. May u rest in peace. Trust and believe we will NOT REST till justice is served.
Ndoubleasayhuh

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Making itMore wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he was black and the killer was white. That is really all they need in their minds to make this a race issue when there was likely more to it. As someone else stated plainly, the police are still investigating and I am sure when all is said and done there will be more people involved, more to the story etc. I am not for making this a race issue. No one knows the whole story yet.
I could undertand if nothing was being done. That is what confused me-as the law has one in custody and is still investigating. I don't understand what the NAACP could do that would further things along.
Life is crazy

Granite Falls, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Their is more to this and when the truth does come out everyone will know that it's more black people involved with this then the whit people that did him this way. This needs to be about justice not the color of your skin
RIP kool kat

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

I am just saying, that I hope there is justice served in this case and not sweep under a rug like the 2 black boys at West Caldwell years ago. Where the 2 white boys killed 2 black boys. The NAACP should have gotten invited in on that one too but was not. I went to school with Terry, Randall and Raoul and they ALL were damn good people ! Just because the color of the skin , some people want to be stupid and say stuoid things, but no body knows the whole story as to what happened but I know 1 thing for sure , NO ONE SHOULD BE KILLED OVER ANYTHING SUCH AS DRUGS OR WHATEVER !! We do not know if it was over drugs or money or guns or what. What I do know is that EVERYONE should keep BOTH the families involved in Prayers ! Not only did Raoul's family loose their son, but someone else lost their son or daughter as well when they took this boys life. God bless them ALL !!!!!
remembern

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

RIP kool kat wrote:
I am just saying, that I hope there is justice served in this case and not sweep under a rug like the 2 black boys at West Caldwell years ago. Where the 2 white boys killed 2 black boys. The NAACP should have gotten invited in on that one too but was not. I went to school with Terry, Randall and Raoul and they ALL were damn good people ! Just because the color of the skin , some people want to be stupid and say stuoid things, but no body knows the whole story as to what happened but I know 1 thing for sure , NO ONE SHOULD BE KILLED OVER ANYTHING SUCH AS DRUGS OR WHATEVER !! We do not know if it was over drugs or money or guns or what. What I do know is that EVERYONE should keep BOTH the families involved in Prayers ! Not only did Raoul's family loose their son, but someone else lost their son or daughter as well when they took this boys life. God bless them ALL !!!!!
I remember very well all four years that I spent at West Caldwell. Every year there was some sort of racial conflict.
At least twice that I know of the conflict was based on black males putting their hands on white females, and the girls told their boyfriends. I personally from my own experience know that there were black guys that did that even when told to keep their hands to themselves. Understand what I am saying-it wasn't all the black males, but it doesn't take but one person to start a mess. There are some people that are so racially prejudice they look for a reason for a fight, and then there are some that will endure to keep the peace.

I graduated before 1991 when the deaths happened at West. I have to wonder why nobody noticed the situation to put a stop to it to begin with-didn't somebody notice escalation in interaction between the ones who actually started the whole thing? Didn't anyone notice the weapons? Are people so blind and cowardly that rather than step in and prevent, they'd rather bury their heads in the sand? The whole thing was jacked up, but all along it was a head of steam waiting for just the right time to blow.

Unfortunately, people don't understand that if you have a problem with another person, there are much better ways to deal with the problem than to fight and kill each other. Likewise, people need to learn if it isn't their fight not to jump in acting like it is just because it's your cousin or your whatever. Gang mentality shows weakness. If you can't walk it alone, then don't talk it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morganton Discussions

Search the Morganton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebola in the Blue Ridge Mtns 23 min Rube Walker 1
Indian Grave Road 1 hr Just saying 4
The Alibi 1 hr MommaT 7
Smiley Face Crossroads 1 hr Test 8
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 2 hr Ben 56,609
good seperation/custody lawyer in lenoir 3 hr Yes 2
Does the Hudson Rec Center support same sex mar... 4 hr Duh 5
•••
•••