Eastside Baptist changes name, adopts fresh approach to worshipping

Jan 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: McDowell News

As 2011 drew to a close and 2012 approached, billboards popped up around McDowell announcing an important event on 1-1-12. Soon the mystery was over: Eastside Baptist Church in Nebo changed its name of 34 years and became known as Nebo Crossing.

Comments
61 - 63 of 63 Comments Last updated Nov 25, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Whiners

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Bwhahahahah have fun tonight cry babies
Truth

Weaverville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

sad wrote:
nothing is wrong with change, but somethings are meant to stay the same. I am proud to be an old time Christain and I don't need a "new, more modern way" that's what is wrong today everyone wnats change, but where has it gotten us???
As far as the second part of your statement goes, it seems to me that you are either missionary baptist or some other very fundamentalist denomination. I have been there and done that and it's anything but a wonderful life. It's more like a life of slavery. Also, your argument is flawed in a couple of different ways.
1. The same exact argument also applies to you when you consider other religions. If you are not a muslim and you happen to be wrong (you are according to them), you will go to the muslim hell and suffer for all eternity. Of course you are going to say that the muslim religion is false and it's followers are mistaken. I will say the same thing about YOUR religion. So according to your logic, you just have one less hell to worry about than I do.
2. You assume that by not accepting Jesus, There is an equal or better chance that I'm wrong so I'd better play the odds because I have nothing to lose. In other words, I am playing Russian Roulette with my soul. I would answer that by saying that if I am playing Russian Roulette, I am playing with a paper gun. There is absolutely zero evidence that the christian religion or any other religion is true. Just the same old vapid sermons, the same old bribes and threats, the same old predictions of God's future wrath. Just the same old BS that has been around for centuries.

Since: Sep 10

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

True wrote:
You can also take into account with how their buisness across the street is run. They hire family and church members first. Ofcourse these individuals are first in line for promotions and raises as well. Sickening
This happens just about anywhere

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morganton Discussions

Search the Morganton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Wayne Burns, where is he? (Sep '11) 59 min poor steve 24
Brandi collins 1 hr Anonymous 11
Judge Sherri Elliott (Jul '12) 2 hr i speak the truth 33
Looking for Meth Dealer Post From Jun 27th 4 hr deleted 2
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 9 hr State of Florida 57,968
public school cuts (Aug '13) 9 hr Pike Bishop 14
smith crossroads 15 hr Really 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Morganton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Morganton People Search