Eastside Baptist changes name, adopts fresh approach to worshipping

Jan 21, 2012 Full story: McDowell News 63

As 2011 drew to a close and 2012 approached, billboards popped up around McDowell announcing an important event on 1-1-12. Soon the mystery was over: Eastside Baptist Church in Nebo changed its name of 34 years and became known as Nebo Crossing.

Full Story

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#41 Jan 26, 2012
Please come by for our youth service! we start em out young!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/806177...
Gvjvhb

Marion, NC

#42 Jan 28, 2012
Former Member wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh ok. Didnt know I was shutting the place down. If I dont approve of something then I will voice my opinion. If I know things are going on there that have no place in a church enviroment then I will voice my opinion. If I know for a fact that a certain person or persons is not being honest then I will voice my opinion. If you go there and see otherwise then voice your opinion.
Can anyone get in their bible..something you probably don't read and tell me what nebo crossing is doing wrong without taking Gods word out of context?. Do you think God approves what you're doing and saying.. If you don't like it that's fine but it's another thing to spread your Godless lies.
sad

Marion, NC

#43 Feb 1, 2012
nothing is wrong with change, but somethings are meant to stay the same. I am proud to be an old time Christain and I don't need a "new, more modern way" that's what is wrong today everyone wnats change, but where has it gotten us???
WoW

Atlanta, GA

#44 Feb 2, 2012
A member who goes there said they installed a ticket kiosk in the church to sell tickets to their gatherings. Their upcoming Valentines Day dinner tickets are going for $30 a couple. Lol unreal.
Boh

La Vergne, TN

#45 Feb 2, 2012
Here's how I see it. If you want to be an "old time christian" or whatever, by all means do it. But don't criticize another church that chooses to have a less conventional name. The last thing we need are a bunch of "christians" that think they are better than anyone else because they have Baptist in their name. The name of your church really isn't that important in the long run. And Besides, I recall reading in the newspaper that they are still IFB and KJVO. That sounds pretty "Old-Time" if you ask me.
sad

New Bern, NC

#46 Feb 2, 2012
Religion is the biggest problem in all of the worlds history .
Religion says , If you don't believe as someone else your a bad person and doomed for hell.
I was raised in a Very Strict Christian household . As a child from the ages of 1 through 15(ish) i would attend many services a week at many different churches , gathering , revivals ect , ect .
I know for fact from many years of experience that in general Christians are very judgemental . Maybe not all but most truly are . If your not christian , most christians will shun you in a second . Believing your the devil or what ever .
the over all thinking of the biggest part of Christians truly believe that if you don't believe exactly as they do your a bad person .
If you visit a local church the first thing Ive always noticed is the intelligence of most of the people involved .
Sorry , that kind of Religion isn't for me .

Never would i let another human being walking this earth ever fill my child's head with Religion . Its Poison that changes the way you interpret the world, people , relationships , jobs , and life in general .

Religion is the biggest reason for every War throughout The entire history of the world .

If you really love your children , Spend all the time with them that is possible teaching them right from wrong . Go outside and rake leaves to jump into with them , take them for long walks. teach them the correct way , not to have bad manners , foul language & bad attitude . eduacate your children people.
Dont take them to a building where someone with an 9th grade eduacation is screaming at the top of there lungs about what he thinks is right or wrong , Thats taking the easy way out .

To be honest 95% of all preachers Ive met need to read up on the meaning of Gluttony .

I spend the extra time to raise my children not only mentally but physically . Teaching them to be strong mentally and what is good for their bodies Vs what McDonald's , burger king, wendy's and JIMBO is cooking up next door . I'm sure not gonna let some 500lb. 30 year old man that cant even do the basic thing every day and control the food he packs in his mouth 50 times a day to teach my child " Religion " .
Mrs Robinson

Marion, NC

#47 Feb 2, 2012
Here's how I see it. If you want to a "Christian" of any description you shouldn't lie to your fellow man.
That's especially true if you're the pastor of a church. I think the congregation at Nebo Crossing deserves a leader who practices what he preaches.
mountaindude

Marion, NC

#48 Oct 23, 2012
The church is nothing but a cult.
Ralph

Burnsville, NC

#49 Oct 23, 2012
WoW wrote:
A member who goes there said they installed a ticket kiosk in the church to sell tickets to their gatherings. Their upcoming Valentines Day dinner tickets are going for $30 a couple. Lol unreal.
These local church are full of child molesters, druggies and theives! I would rather take my chances at home on a Sunday morning than risk something terrible napping to my kids at one of these "houses of God"! It's all just a pass the loot club!
mountaindude

Marion, NC

#50 Oct 24, 2012
Then they put up this stupid sign on HWY 70 in Nebo that blinds the hell out of you at night. Why not a sign about the community instead of this cult-like church.
Free Puppies

Marion, NC

#51 Oct 27, 2012
Its part of their brainwashing. I had a couple friends who started going there a couple years ago and no more than a couple weeks into them going they changed. Started distancing themselves from other friends. Now I dont even see them anymore.
Chris Mannis

Marion, NC

#52 Oct 28, 2012
Free Puppies wrote:
Its part of their brainwashing. I had a couple friends who started going there a couple years ago and no more than a couple weeks into them going they changed. Started distancing themselves from other friends. Now I dont even see them anymore.
That's because it is a cult. Everyone around here locally knows it. I stay as far away from this church as possible. I had to threaten them with arrest because they come to my home leaving flyers on the door and harassing us. I won't let my kids near them.
True

Marion, NC

#53 Oct 28, 2012
You can also take into account with how their buisness across the street is run. They hire family and church members first. Ofcourse these individuals are first in line for promotions and raises as well. Sickening
James Goodman

Marion, NC

#54 Oct 28, 2012
This is why I gave up on churches. They pretend to say they do what Jesus would but really they are just evil, trying to make people live how *they* believe. The flock of these churches are like sheep that will believe anything just because someone "says" they are a man of God. These snake oil salesmen have been doing this for years, it's no different than someone selling you a vacuum cleaner door to door.

“I am Cooper.”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#55 Oct 28, 2012
Reminds me of Word Of Faith Fellowship in Spindale.
James Goodman

Marion, NC

#56 Oct 28, 2012
Cooper Discoverer wrote:
Reminds me of Word Of Faith Fellowship in Spindale.
Oh I heard about that one on WLOS 13. Well this one is anti-gay AND full of closet types. I guess that's how they deal with it rather than just being who God made them.

Since: Nov 12

Marion, NC

#57 Nov 5, 2012
bbc wrote:
<quoted text>
The pastor is an "ultra conservative judgmental liar".
Read his blog about meeting the president then read the accounts of what actually happened. He could have told the truth rather than make up the self congratulatory account that never happened. Wonder why he feels the need to lie? I don't think the Lord appreciates people lying in order to "make a difference".
From which accounts are you referring to? If its the papers, be careful because they mess every story up!
same here!

Mars Hill, NC

#58 Nov 6, 2012
Free Puppies wrote:
Same thing happened to some of my friends!!
geez louise

Mars Hill, NC

#59 Nov 6, 2012
mountaindude wrote:
The church is nothing but a cult.
I agree!
Whiners

Charlotte, NC

#60 Nov 6, 2012
Hopefully Obama wins the election so Ritter and the Longs have to cry for 4 more years. Im sure Ritter will be on Hannity crying his little eyes out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 30 min Cyrus5590 3,469
reward for info 1 hr Blue 7
Cheater why break my heart 23 hr thedog 7
What really happened with the BCPS resignations? Mon Lovitz 5
Tired of it Dec 14 Pitbull 2
Dating link on Topix Dec 13 tex866 1
looking for african amer female fwb. Dec 7 hmm 1
Morganton Dating
Find my Match

Morganton People Search