“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Oct 22, 2013
Are Americans as happy as they were in the 1950's ? I doubt that they are.Back then Americans were the"good guys", families of all races were far more cohesive.Blacks were treated unfairly, but they weren't losing whole generations to prison and gang murder.Today blacks are still treated unfairly.In a much more subtle fashion.Today blacks are held to a lower standard than whites, as though they are incapable of competing.How damaging is that?
Stingeree

Sylva, NC

#2 Oct 22, 2013
Federal preferential hiring practices are nothing more than legal racism.
Duh

Lenoir, NC

#3 Oct 22, 2013
Why'd you have to go and turn it into a racial question?

No, people aren't happier now. Its because of the Internet, you know far more today than you ever would've 60 years ago. Knowledge is power, but ignorance is bliss.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#4 Oct 22, 2013
I know a guy who drove off a cliff, because he was ignorant of the fact that there was no road there.Ignorance is rarely bliss.
Bubba

Clayton, NC

#5 Oct 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Are Americans as happy as they were in the 1950's ? I doubt that they are.Back then Americans were the"good guys", families of all races were far more cohesive.Blacks were treated unfairly, but they weren't losing whole generations to prison and gang murder.Today blacks are still treated unfairly.In a much more subtle fashion.Today blacks are held to a lower standard than whites, as though they are incapable of competing.How damaging is that?
Yea and I never watch proffesional football or boxing either. The white race is outnumbered four to one, where's the fairness in that. When you figure out that it's not about color but your talents and what you want to make of your life, you'll have a lot less questions. What color is your President?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6 Oct 22, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Yea and I never watch proffesional football or boxing either. The white race is outnumbered four to one, where's the fairness in that. When you figure out that it's not about color but your talents and what you want to make of your life, you'll have a lot less questions. What color is your President?
Your math is bad, my president is an American.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#7 Oct 22, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Yea and I never watch proffesional football or boxing either. The white race is outnumbered four to one, where's the fairness in that. When you figure out that it's not about color but your talents and what you want to make of your life, you'll have a lot less questions. What color is your President?
From what I'm told, he is part black and part white.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#8 Oct 22, 2013
I Don't think Obama is evil.He thinks he's doing the right thing.What can you say? The road to hell is paved with good intentions....
Duh

Lenoir, NC

#9 Oct 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
I know a guy who drove off a cliff, because he was ignorant of the fact that there was no road there.Ignorance is rarely bliss.
He was blissful up til the moment he died. You would be blissful without the knowledge he was dead.
Tony Perkins

Lenoir, NC

#11 Oct 24, 2013
Happyness is to elected Crissy and Rev Ike to Lenoir City Council. Black Rule With Honor.....
I dont think so

Lenoir, NC

#12 Oct 24, 2013
Tony Perkins wrote:
Happyness is to elected Crissy and Rev Ike to Lenoir City Council. Black Rule With Honor.....
Yeah we've had enough black rule in America. Washington D.C and Detroit... no I am good.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13 Oct 25, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
He was blissful up til the moment he died. You would be blissful without the knowledge he was dead.
He was blissful up until the moment he went sailing into that abyss, as he was waiting for the impact, not so much so. But, nevertheless, I admire your statement.There's more to it then meets the eye.
Duh

Lenoir, NC

#14 Oct 25, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> He was blissful up until the moment he went sailing into that abyss, as he was waiting for the impact, not so much so. But, nevertheless, I admire your statement.There's more to it then meets the eye.
...and at the momentum sailed into the abyss, he also obtained the knowledge that he'd just driven off a cliff which took away his bliss... ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 hr Waco 59,727
christina marie (ratchet) radford Fri hmm. 1
ashley marie gilley (Jun '12) Fri dont judge. 4
James Moore (Jan '14) Fri curious 2
Tony .Conway Duckworth (Feb '08) Fri family. 4
Taylor Jordan and Autumn Jordan I hope u know I... (Apr '13) Sep 17 Teresa Watson HER... 13
The City of Morganton "Picks and Chooses" which... Sep 16 Concerned Citizen 3
•••
•••
Morganton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Morganton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Morganton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Morganton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morganton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••