Caldwell County officers worse than those they arrest?

Posted in the Morganton Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 67 Comments Last updated May 30, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Will I Am

United States

#1 Mar 15, 2012
Has anyone out there ever had to go to Court and watch a bailiff place some poor soul under arrest for not paying a bill or bouncing checks? How would you like to be that poor soul and find out that the person putting handcuffs on you and carting you off to jail is a bigger piece of low life crap than you? Wouldn't it be funny if the truth about how well our CCSO officers conduct thier personal lives came out? I think it is high time the people of Caldwell County ask the beloved Mr. Jones how he can justify having empolyees arresting the people of the county that he is sworn to protect when his officers are worse offenders than those they are arresting. Chime in if you wish it is encougaged on this thred. Not looking for some slanderess he said she said bull but if you have real proof on these Barnies then speak up. Lets get rid of the low life scumb that is running this county and put some REAL upstanding citizens in charge. We haven't had that here for so long that we probably wouldn't know how to live with it. I think that it is time to get higher officials to check into how our county is run.
benthere

United States

#2 Mar 15, 2012
Tell me about it. To see an officer of the law down a few beers and a couple of mixed drinks then drive home. Knowing that as soon as he slaps on that badge and gun he will arrest someone else for the samething that he did last night. And thats not the worst part its the lecture that he will give about the dangers of drinking and driving that you have to set thru. God I hate a hipocrite
bull

Lenoir, NC

#3 Mar 15, 2012
so you got arrested huh?
Lord Help Them

United States

#4 Mar 15, 2012
I worked for one of them for part of one summer. She owns her own company on the side. She still has not payed me for the work I did. She came up with some lame excuse about my work not being up to standard. I have heard that she still bounces checks to her employees like she did me and refuses to pay people after they have completed a job but she is too sorry to get out there and do the job herself.
joke patrol

Enfield, IL

#5 Mar 15, 2012
Don't worry guys, ccso is the biggest joke among other law enforcement agencies and that's bad in this county. Their reputation reaches several counties away causes laughter wherever they go. If most people even knew of half the stuff that has went down concerning people out there it would be nasty. The fact that the people of this county elected jones last time makes everyone look like fools.
change is good

Lenoir, NC

#7 Mar 16, 2012
There are good officers that work for the county the problem is the sheriff and the crap he lets his command staff get away with David Anderson is the only good person up there in the command staff
not exactly

Enfield, IL

#9 Mar 16, 2012
Really Now wrote:
<quoted text>
If you will check out the county website your questions will be answered.
Starting salary for these jobs:
Detention officer $22,634
Road officer $24,822
Detective $28,574
Do you really expect to find and hire highly educated and moral people for these prices? Um..........Can you say you get what you pay for?
While what you say has some truth to it your numbers are wrong, those numbers are about five years old. Starting pay for a road officer is 30,800 now. Detectives make a few thousand more starting and jail personell make about five thousand less than road. I know for a fact. The problem at ccso isn't pay, its the sheriff and his command idiots hiring buddies that are not fit to be in law enforcement. They have ran almost every decent officer off and replaced them with political butt kissers. The really bad ones get promoted
3 kin in law enforcement

Scotland Neck, NC

#11 Mar 16, 2012
The pay is lousey, the hours are worse and you could look at the lives of my 3 brothers under a microscope and find it exemplary. Most do it because they love it. It certainly isn't the money or the politics they have to put up with that draws people to a career in law enforcement. It's a call to serve and they do the best they can with what they have to work with. BRAVO to law enforcement everywhere including those who serve as correctional officers.
bull

Lenoir, NC

#12 Mar 16, 2012
What people do not seem to get is a lot of what is concidered crappy officers is actually crappy laws they deal with. They are required to do a job that exposes them to constant danger, exposure to death, disease and the dregs of humanity, while still resolving the problem in a way that makes the victim and criminal both happy. It cannot be done! These men and women have enough on their plates without dealing with muck stirring. Instead of beating them down with your mouths and computers, how about showing some respect and appreciation? I bet if you are in a life and death situation and have to call on them, your tune will change real fast like.

To all LE out there trying to do your jobs

THANK YOU for caring enough to even try to keep

this county safe. All of you have my prayers.
well

Lenoir, NC

#13 Mar 17, 2012
change is good wrote:
There are good officers that work for the county the problem is the sheriff and the crap he lets his command staff get away with David Anderson is the only good person up there in the command staff
I've read on many posts about how good David Anderson is. If he lets all these alleged things go on at ccsd then is is just as bad as those alleged. If he just turns and looks the other way then maybe he isn't as perfect as you claim...just sayin
change is good

Lenoir, NC

#14 Mar 17, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>I've read on many posts about how good David Anderson is. If he lets all these alleged things go on at ccsd then is is just as bad as those alleged. If he just turns and looks the other way then maybe he isn't as perfect as you claim...just sayin
Well just saying he is only one man and he does what he can to look out for the people that work there if not for him it would be a lot worse and if he were to quit then jones would put in one of his lackies and he is afraid to fire or demote Anderson because he is to well liked by the people of the county
well

Lenoir, NC

#15 Mar 17, 2012
change is good wrote:
<quoted text>
Well just saying he is only one man and he does what he can to look out for the people that work there if not for him it would be a lot worse and if he were to quit then jones would put in one of his lackies and he is afraid to fire or demote Anderson because he is to well liked by the people of the county
I'm just saying if the 2nd in command is aware of all the problems at the dept and continues to sit idle or just look the other way,then he is part of the problem as well.
silence for a paycheck

Lenoir, NC

#16 Mar 17, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>I've read on many posts about how good David Anderson is. If he lets all these alleged things go on at ccsd then is is just as bad as those alleged. If he just turns and looks the other way then maybe he isn't as perfect as you claim...just sayin
Major Anderson isnt aware of some of the things that go on, others I believe he is either misinformed (on purpose) or flat out told to stay out of it if he wants his job. The latter is used often with the rank and file out there, shut up or get fired... just sayin
change is good

Lenoir, NC

#17 Mar 17, 2012
silence for a paycheck wrote:
<quoted text>Major Anderson isnt aware of some of the things that go on, others I believe he is either misinformed (on purpose) or flat out told to stay out of it if he wants his job. The latter is used often with the rank and file out there, shut up or get fired... just sayin
Your right and I think he feels at least as long as he is there he can try to help the rank and file and maybe the people of this county will wake up in 3 years and get rid of Jones and his cronies
ok then

Lenoir, NC

#18 Mar 17, 2012
You got to love the Jones fanboys that come on here to defend their fearless leader. Most of them do not work there or they are family of the trouble out there. Ok people explain why so many good officers have left. Explain away all the problems that have happened out there under Jones. Lets start with the last election, officers told to donate $100 or more out of their paychecks to the campaign, told to be at every political rally, told to harass anyone seen supporting oposition with tickets or refusal to take reports, letting those supporting Jones off the hook from criminal charges, do all these things or find another job.

The anderson case and Jones stating "I wouldnt change a thing" A deputy using his gun and badge in a home invasion, a deputy killing his grandmother after leaving a party of ccso officers, A Cptn. assaulting someone over a parking spot in ashville and he is still a Cptn. not to mention his long troubled LEO past, the other Cptn. recently had to have the department respond to a domestic at his home becuase it is alleged he was having an affair with an office girl, office girl alleged to have embezzled thousands of taxpayer dollars (nothing said about it or charges filed). A deputy fired recently for assualting a handcuffed prisoner and was fired from another agency for the same thing yet he was made a Lt. at ccso (his cousin being the Cptn) yet he was still allowed to retire and get his money.

Another Lt. assualted a prisoner and he gets to transfer to detectives with no other actions taken. Rampent drinking parties and drunk driving (alleged but reported by other deputies to other agencies). Two shootings in a few years times with deputies shot and or killed, where is Jones... out of town and nowhere to be found. No support for the surviving officers, they cant even get the info right on what happened.

Yeah keep taking up for this joke and his reject command staff. This is just a short list of troubles at that office, compare it to any other agency in this county.
Shaggyitwasntme

Boone, NC

#19 Mar 17, 2012
ok then wrote:
You got to love the Jones fanboys that come on here to defend their fearless leader. Most of them do not work there or they are family of the trouble out there. Ok people explain why so many good officers have left. Explain away all the problems that have happened out there under Jones. Lets start with the last election, officers told to donate $100 or more out of their paychecks to the campaign, told to be at every political rally, told to harass anyone seen supporting oposition with tickets or refusal to take reports, letting those supporting Jones off the hook from criminal charges, do all these things or find another job.
The anderson case and Jones stating "I wouldnt change a thing" A deputy using his gun and badge in a home invasion, a deputy killing his grandmother after leaving a party of ccso officers, A Cptn. assaulting someone over a parking spot in ashville and he is still a Cptn. not to mention his long troubled LEO past, the other Cptn. recently had to have the department respond to a domestic at his home becuase it is alleged he was having an affair with an office girl, office girl alleged to have embezzled thousands of taxpayer dollars (nothing said about it or charges filed). A deputy fired recently for assualting a handcuffed prisoner and was fired from another agency for the same thing yet he was made a Lt. at ccso (his cousin being the Cptn) yet he was still allowed to retire and get his money.
Another Lt. assualted a prisoner and he gets to transfer to detectives with no other actions taken. Rampent drinking parties and drunk driving (alleged but reported by other deputies to other agencies). Two shootings in a few years times with deputies shot and or killed, where is Jones... out of town and nowhere to be found. No support for the surviving officers, they cant even get the info right on what happened.
Yeah keep taking up for this joke and his reject command staff. This is just a short list of troubles at that office, compare it to any other agency in this county.
That's odd, Sheriff Jones must have a twin brother. On several occasions I have been out to the sheriff's department and he has thrown up his hand when I waved...twin or doppelganger one I guess.
Imagine a man voted in by the people of Caldwell County actually being where he is supposed to be and doing what he is supposed to do. Nah, that can't be right....
sheriff waldo

Lenoir, NC

#20 Mar 17, 2012
Shaggyitwasntme wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd, Sheriff Jones must have a twin brother. On several occasions I have been out to the sheriff's department and he has thrown up his hand when I waved...twin or doppelganger one I guess.
Imagine a man voted in by the people of Caldwell County actually being where he is supposed to be and doing what he is supposed to do. Nah, that can't be right....
Too bad he couldnt use his twin when the officers actually needed him. Two shootings, one dead, several officers wounded or nearly killed... Jones is nowhere to be found. It's pretty bad when you see the Burke county Sheriff come over and run things because our own Sheriff has more important things to do than take care of his deputies, he sure as hell demanded their support in the election.

He managed to come out when the swat team screwed up a meth bust and Longo shot himself in the arm... purple heart material indeed. But yeah I understand because he finished his college up and the FBI acadamy at the taxpayers expense so yeah I am sure he doesn't have anywhere to be these days.
Sheriff waldo

Lenoir, NC

#22 Mar 18, 2012
Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "Sheriff Waldo" since you seem to have all the correct answers to all these really big problems at the CCSO, why don't you run against him??? Surely if you're as smart as you claim and he's as incompetent as you say he is you should be able to win by a landslide.
No there are too many zombie voters in this county, too many idiots that check the vote straight party option whether it be a D or an R... you know people that think reading is hard and doing research is for nerds. Hey I didnt see you refute anything said, just a generic "well if you think you can do better response" hell a chimp could do better so why dont you run. Maybe you should work there and you would know then but oh wait you would probably be part of the problem. I can assure you that my opinion is shared by a majority there and officers at other agencys have a wonderful laugh at waldo jones expense.
sheriff waldo

Lenoir, NC

#24 Mar 18, 2012
Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that Jones being sheriff seems to bother so much. No I didn't "refute anything" you said, I don't have any firsthand knowledge of any of it. As far as the D or R statement you made that's pure BS!!! You spent over a year here telling us all how the great white hope and almighty messiah Brackett was going to beat Jones by a landslide. How did that work out for you?
Actually it should bother anyone who pays taxes in this county, it should at least be checked into. I do have first hand knowledge so sure I am one sided on the subject and you would be as well. No the straight ticket voting comment is not B.S. and if you follow the stats you should know better, heck the voter turnout is so low you cant gauge what the people of this county actually want, lazy voters + straight ticket voting gets what we have today. As for the screen name... that was a different poster, I remember that person now but I just thought the name fit the situation. I know brackett and I wouldnt support him as Sheriff anymore than I would Jones.
F U Uckme

United States

#25 Mar 18, 2012
I would die and go straight to hell before I would vote for a stupid Dem. You sick ass bastards should be proud you got ol P BO in office. You idiots are just pissed because you couldn't screw up our county too. Hell Ms Bev was voted by her peers as the country's stupidest governer.

Jones is in and I hope he runs again and wins, and ol Roger Futchins gets cought again with his pants off hell you would need a magnifying glass to tell if it was a man or a woman. In his shorts...ha...ha...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how to scare burglars 27 min ncboy 6
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 2 hr Victoria 58,827
Wheels Car Lot 2 hr Confused 2
GAMEWLL ELEMENTARY needs a light 4 hr Maddie 7
who is playing Phyllis 5 hr Just saying 2
the change 14 hr gstring 1
Graduation project for Caldwell County Seniors (Oct '10) 16 hr surprise 23
•••
•••
Morganton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Morganton Jobs