Everyone, please boycott the Sunbelt ...

Everyone, please boycott the Sunbelt Gas station on Morganton blvd...

Posted in the Morganton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Patriot

Lenoir, NC

#1 Dec 23, 2013
The gas station on Morganton Blvd, near the BIP Credit union, Village INN, and Goodyear.

The owner sold it to some Indian people who laid all the workers off 3 days before Christmas.

That is absolutely disgusting.
showme

Cowpens, SC

#2 Dec 23, 2013
Does that not surprise u now then can bring some more dot head family members from their contry to work for nothing and have plenty of room to park the camels

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3 Dec 24, 2013
showme wrote:
Does that not surprise u now then can bring some more dot head family members from their contry to work for nothing and have plenty of room to park the camels
INDIANS aren't Arabs...there are few camels in India....the guy paid the money for the place he can do what he wants with it....it's called"free enterprise"....

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#4 Dec 24, 2013
Of course he can do whatever he wants with it, but that doesn't make it right. People should definitely be held accountable for their actions when things like this happen. Boycotting is a good idea. It's not like people are saying they shouldn't be allowed to do what he did. It's just sending a message that says, "If you lay off people that are just trying to make ends meet, then we're not going to give you our business." There you have it. Free enterprise, and the public deciding where it wants to shop. The American way. You shouldn't lay people off 3 days before Christmas, that's messed up. Not saying it should be illegal, but it's called having common decency.

I do agree, Waco, that the person's race/nationality shouldn't come into play.

But yeah, I see no harm in calling for a boycott.

Location hidden

#5 Dec 24, 2013
CDCeltown wrote:
Of course he can do whatever he wants with it, but that doesn't make it right. People should definitely be held accountable for their actions when things like this happen. Boycotting is a good idea. It's not like people are saying they shouldn't be allowed to do what he did. It's just sending a message that says, "If you lay off people that are just trying to make ends meet, then we're not going to give you our business." There you have it. Free enterprise, and the public deciding where it wants to shop. The American way. You shouldn't lay people off 3 days before Christmas, that's messed up. Not saying it should be illegal, but it's called having common decency.
I do agree, Waco, that the person's race/nationality shouldn't come into play.
But yeah, I see no harm in calling for a boycott.
Like a lot of people just staring out.they will use family members to run the place.Because they can't AFFORD TO PAY FOR EMPLOYEES..You guys are something.Gonna"boycott "because these people can't afford to pay for non-family workers? Well, that's your right.

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Location hidden

#6 Dec 24, 2013
The guy who owned it before was managing to pay non-family workers. No it's not a matter of not being able to AFFORD it. It's called cost-cutting. Cutting corners. Laying people off. FUCKING UP THE ECONOMY. That's what it is. You can call it whatever you like, justify it however you like, but that's what it is.

Are you going to defend people outsourcing all of the labor jobs to other countries as well? Yes it saves money for the guys at the top, but it also fucks over families and worsens the economy where the jobs were taken away. This is the same principal on a smaller level.
Jerry

United States

#7 Dec 24, 2013
CDCeltown wrote:
The guy who owned it before was managing to pay non-family workers. No it's not a matter of not being able to AFFORD it. It's called cost-cutting. Cutting corners. Laying people off. FUCKING UP THE ECONOMY. That's what it is. You can call it whatever you like, justify it however you like, but that's what it is.
Are you going to defend people outsourcing all of the labor jobs to other countries as well? Yes it saves money for the guys at the top, but it also fucks over families and worsens the economy where the jobs were taken away. This is the same principal on a smaller level.
Amazing that you know so much about the financial condition of the business. Ever heard of free enterprise........idiot?

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Location hidden

#8 Dec 24, 2013
You just said the same thing the other guy said. Only you called me a name afterward. I have rebutted that. Anything else?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#9 Dec 24, 2013
Why don't you stop in the business and tell the guy that you are pissed off? That seems to be the best way to confront a new business owner instead of on Topix.
Jerry

United States

#10 Dec 24, 2013
CDCeltown wrote:
You just said the same thing the other guy said. Only you called me a name afterward. I have rebutted that. Anything else?
I don't recall "saying" anything, and I'm not sure who the "other guy" may be?
FFR

United States

#11 Dec 24, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
Why don't you stop in the business and tell the guy that you are pissed off? That seems to be the best way to confront a new business owner instead of on Topix.
He's addicted to Topix. He managed to stay gone for a few months. It's called NO LIFE

Location hidden

#12 Dec 24, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
Yeah I don't think this guy wants to talk face-to-face, know what I mean? Making half-baked accusations doesn't impress me a bit.

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Location hidden

#13 Dec 24, 2013
Haha, my god, the collective IQ of the people who frequent this message board couldn't possibly be any higher than the winning score of the average football game.

Location hidden

#14 Dec 24, 2013
CDCeltown wrote:
Haha, my god, the collective IQ of the people who frequent this message board couldn't possibly be any higher than the winning score of the average football game.
Yeah, you're dragging our average down!

Location hidden

#15 Dec 24, 2013
CDCeltown wrote:
Just kidding old boy.:)
say what?

Newland, NC

#16 Dec 25, 2013
CDCeltown wrote:

I don't with dismissing employees a few days before Christmas but remember, if they are indian they do not recognize Christmas as a holiday. Also just because the prior owner paid employees, that does not always mean they could afford to do so. If the business was profitable, operating as it was prior, I doubt the business would have been sold in the first place. At least this type "outsourcing" keeps some of the revenue local, unlike the furniture industry which sold us out completely.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#17 Dec 25, 2013
The previous owner is the one who put the employees in peril by selling the business. Did he not consider that his employee's jobs were in jeopardy when he did this? He could have sold the business under the condition that the current employees remain employed for a certain period of time. I just don't think the new owner should be punished. However, not knowing any of the facts regarding the sell, I am just speculating. Maybe CD's family or friends were the ones dimissed. If that is the case, I understand his position. I hope these displaced people will find new jobs soon.
Jery

United States

#18 Dec 25, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
The previous owner is the one who put the employees in peril by selling the business. Did he not consider that his employee's jobs were in jeopardy when he did this? He could have sold the business under the condition that the current employees remain employed for a certain period of time. I just don't think the new owner should be punished. However, not knowing any of the facts regarding the sell, I am just speculating. Maybe CD's family or friends were the ones dimissed. If that is the case, I understand his position. I hope these displaced people will find new jobs soon.
The previous owner exercised his right and freedom to sell the business that way he saw fit.

Location hidden

#19 Dec 25, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
Straight business deal.No one is guilty of anything but engaging in a legal business transaction.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#20 Dec 25, 2013
Jery wrote:
<quoted text>The previous owner exercised his right and freedom to sell the business that way he saw fit.
I agree. I just see no need for a boycott of the new owner's business. He is only wanting to make a living by making his business profitable, and the previous owner certainly had the right to sell. No problem here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Bannon fired! 1 hr waco1909 13
The Left will come for YOU 1 hr Victoria 15
Any black men interested in a "platonic" relati... 1 hr waco1909 5
Alt-left blames every one on earth for Charlott... 1 hr cluelessHERE 228
Let Robert E.Lee Statues Stand, He Was Gay! 1 hr Victoria 16
Morganton Graffiti Aug 17 Moose Knuckle 1
The Confederate courthouse Statue Has Got To Go! Aug 16 The Green Watch Dog 4

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance