John McDevitt to run for state Senate...

John McDevitt to run for state Senate seat

There are 25 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Feb 6, 2012, titled John McDevitt to run for state Senate seat. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

The Kings Mountain High School graduate made several informal campaign stops in Cleveland County this weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
real answers

United States

#21 Apr 1, 2012
Way back when, the rich paid their fair share there was equality. Not now. Every single foray into war is paid by the middle class. Has been for years. Now, the republicon rant is about the deficit and how we need to reduce it. They didn't cry about it as recently as 2005 when "Cheney" our "Vice President" said deficits don't matter. Now, deficits "DO" matter when its the other way around. Now lets gut ss and medicare to pay for republican wars that were un-funded. And un-needed.
real answers

United States

#22 Apr 1, 2012
Sorry about the multiple post.
Veteran

Bessemer City, NC

#23 Apr 1, 2012
Why can Democrats not accept responsibility for anything? Debt, war, health care, nothing is ever their fault except it is a fact that debt has increased more under Obama in three years than in the eight years of Bush. I know that is not his fault.
The Public Should Know

Morganton, NC

#24 Apr 29, 2012
Veteran wrote:
Answers, Answers, we sure do need them.
And John McDevitt successfully got Bradley Scott "KICKED OUT" of Burke County. Bradley Scott was able to get a "Deferred Prosecution" as a result of the "sign removal" episode during last years School Board Election. But, Bradley was harassed several times by his own party members and finally John McDevitt made a request at a meeting to "remove" Bradley as a local party elected official while all the time using his name as retired sheriff and that of a former sheriff and a North Carolina Highway Patrolman in writing letters to the judge who decided to keep Justin Turner "OUT OF JAIL" after committing at least "FIVE" armed robberies. As a result of an investigation later, DA James Gaither FIRED an assistant DA for putting together the "PLEA" without his knowledge. This is all available on the WSOC-TV website. Judge for yourselves this November. If your conscience won't BOTHER YOU and NAG YOU then go ahead and make the wrong choice. I will on the other hand make a better choice based on facts and not party loyalty. What's funny is how people can fool you. After being sheriff for a dozen years or so, John acts just like Mel Cohen who has worked to be Morganton's "Mayor For Life".
mary

Erwin, NC

#25 Apr 29, 2012
I am wondering just why you people think Mr Mcdevitt even knows about this forum? You are acting like he has not bothered to respond to your questions. I do not know the man but I doubt he even knows about your questions on here. Maybe you should just call him or email him your questions instead of acting as if he is not wanting to respond to something you dont even know if he knows about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President is on TV my Nips Are Hard! 1 hr wacoMOOSEKNUCKLE 70
🐮 Milk from your mom is good 🐮 1 hr wacoMOOSEKNUCKLE 203
I'm NOT The Milkman, Ha Ha Ha! 1 hr wacoMOOSEKNUCKLE 78
Waco is a woman, Victoria is a man!! 1 hr wacoMOOSEKNUCKLE 104
Waco and Victoria Licked My 3 Testes! 1 hr wacoMOOSEKNUCKLES 123
Latest Gallup Poll: Trump - 37% 1 hr wacoMOOSEKNUCKLES 9
Russian Interference in American Elections?? 1 hr wacoMOOSEKNUCKLES 173

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance