John McDevitt to run for state Senate seat

Feb 6, 2012 Full story: The Gaston Gazette 25

The Kings Mountain High School graduate made several informal campaign stops in Cleveland County this weekend.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Veteran

Maiden, NC

#1 Feb 6, 2012
Where does McDevitt stand on abortion, the marriage amendment and charter schools?

If he promising funds for everything, where is he going to get the money? Does he propose raising taxes?

If he is going to reach across the aisle, which of his core principles will he give up?

Will he oppose his own party for the good of the people in his district?
Veteran

Morganton, NC

#2 Feb 7, 2012
Mr. McDevitt,

I have another question for you in regards to your belief. The ACLU has just issued a warning to the General Assembly about theirs prayers. In other words, their prayers were too religous and contained the use of God and Jesus too much. How do you feel about this and what would be your response to this letter of the ACLU? As a member of the General Assembly if the ACLU forced an order for you to take your Bible out of your office, what would you do?
Bubba

Youngsville, NC

#3 Feb 7, 2012
Tell him that WBTV is waiting for his response and he will show up but as far as giving a truthful answer, I doubt it.
Pinko

AOL

#4 Feb 7, 2012
It looks like the teabaggers are locked and loaded. Here's a tip: A little common sense and intelligent thought would go a long way towards making you wingnuts appear sane.

Yeah, I know. Wishful thinking.
Bubba

Youngsville, NC

#5 Feb 7, 2012
Not talking politics, he was our sheriff for 20 plus years and seen him twice outside of the office except when he broke his neck to get his picture in the newspaper or on television. I guess you've heard of bailing out his buddies son on a drug deal. There's enough crooked polititians in government now, no need to add another.
Concerned citizen

Simpsonville, SC

#6 Feb 7, 2012
Wow really? LMAO!! Thats we really need is another crooked politians. I hope he understands that when you run for a political position people dig all your skeltons out of your closet. Cant wait I hope they dig up all of em. So he can get off his HIGH HORSE.
Bubba

Youngsville, NC

#7 Feb 7, 2012
Don't you just love the way he run for re-election knowing that he was going to retire? That way he could choose who he wanted in office. Perfect example of how the taxpayers will be represented if he is in Raleigh.
Concerned citizen

Simpsonville, SC

#8 Feb 7, 2012
What I really love is how he wrote a letter to the da asking that a cops son be turned over to rehab instead of going to jail for 6 years like anyother person would have. He stated in the letter that he always wanted to help one person and he believes that this is the one that he can help. I just dont believe that its right. To write a letter as former sheriff to help someone stay out of jail what about all the other people that has went to jail over being addicited to pills or anything for thst matter do they not deserve a chance just like him. Oh i guess not if their parents werent cops. All that I can say is if a spotted dog was running against Mcdevitt the spotted dog would most def. have my vote.
Veteran

Morganton, NC

#9 Feb 7, 2012
I have never been to a tea party meeting. Now, MCdevitt answer the questions. The voters are waiting.
Bubba

Youngsville, NC

#10 Feb 8, 2012
15 hours and waiting. It's a good chance that this would be the same sound that you would hear if he were in Raleigh.
Veteran

Morganton, NC

#11 Feb 8, 2012
Mercy, is McDevitt trying to ride two horses one to the right and one to the left. A leftist cannot win in this district. He canot serve two masters. Do you approve of abortion and the marriage of gay people or not?
Duh

AOL

#12 Feb 9, 2012
Hey dumbass! You don't really expect him to responds to a nameless, faceless 'tard like you here on this trashy forum, do you?
Bubba

Youngsville, NC

#13 Feb 9, 2012
Duh wrote:
Hey dumbass! You don't really expect him to responds to a nameless, faceless 'tard like you here on this trashy forum, do you?
No one that knows him would expect him to respond, but since we now have some cowardly, name calling 'terds responding, he may just answer. That's his kind of people.
enough

United States

#14 Feb 9, 2012
Micky D is just like Mel Cohen. Like it or not, he will be part of our lives FOREVER! When Mel gives it up, expect he will have a Hand Picked Successor just like McFluck.
Veteran

Morganton, NC

#15 Feb 11, 2012
What does McDevitt stand for and how will he vote if he gets to Raleigh? The voters want to know.
Veteran

Ellenboro, NC

#16 Feb 15, 2012
Mcdevitt,

Is it not possible for you to answer these question?
The voters would like an answer in order to determine if you deserve their vote..
Do you support abortion?
Are you opposed to the Marriage Amendment?
Are you going to raise taxes?
Do you support unions or similar orgaizations?
What is your view on same sex marriage?
These are not difficult questions. Just tell the voters where you stand.
The ChurchLady

AOL

#17 Feb 16, 2012
Why don't you go get in his face and ask him your questions?
Poossy
Veteran

Ellenboro, NC

#18 Feb 16, 2012
I do not think he is capable of framing his own answers.
Veteran

Casar, NC

#19 Feb 21, 2012
Okay, I understand you are for the Marriage Amendent and you are against the Marriage Amendment.

Based on the facts on the North Carolina State Board of Election individual members, You will need to raise nearly $400,000.00 to beat Daniels. I do not think you can do it. The Democrats do not have the money to help you.

I am not impressed with what I see. How in the world are you going to debate a lawyer?
Veteran

Lincolnton, NC

#20 Mar 31, 2012
Answers, Answers, we sure do need them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 10 min TSF 476
Expose so called "Christian" drunkards 1 hr Waco 1909 25
Fall lover 6 hr Give me my money ... 4
Jessica (the beautiful brunette that was with B... 7 hr TeamHeat69 24
Why they beat their wives 11 hr SledgeHammer 1
Debate: Marijuana - Lenoir, NC (Aug '10) 13 hr Waco 1909 68
Bathroom breaks in school 15 hr We are anonymous 4
•••
•••

Morganton Jobs