Gail Colbert-Tommy Courtner Court Set...

Gail Colbert-Tommy Courtner Court Settlement

Posted in the Morganton Forum

Sally Straight

Vale, NC

#1 Apr 5, 2014
I was appalled about this situation! I know Gail, worked with her at DSS for a few years and support her completely. I do not know Mr. Courtner; however, I hear from some of his friends that they are appalled by his actions. I am not surprised that this case has taken so long to be brought to justice, the Management in our City and County government had to know what was going on, but the "good ole boys" network is deaf and dumb when it comes to bringing charges against one of their own. Gail put up with this for years and I commend her male counterparts who stood up and testified for her; however, I was disappointed that no other women in the office made the same attempt. Gail, good for you!!!, I consider any money taken from my pockets to pay for the insurance that finally gave you some justice, to be money well spent. The phrase " sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me" failed to be true in this incident and Mr. Courtner, your "words" finally came back, not only to hurt you, but to finally bring justice for a wonderful Christian woman who did her work, fulfilled her duties under extreme stress until she could no longer do so. I hope other women will stand up for themselves and bring this terrible injustice to an end.
Donald Duck

United States

#2 Apr 5, 2014
Men bullying women in the workplace takes place more than anyone knows. I think it sometimes happens because women will not take these men up on their sexual advances, their ego gets hurt so they lash out at these women.
Quincy Payne

Lincolnton, NC

#3 Apr 5, 2014
This shit wouldn't be an issue if women would just stay at home like they're supposed to. Give me a hell yeah if you're down with the Back To The Kitchen movement!
Donald Duck

United States

#4 Apr 6, 2014
Women have to work to help support the family so this is usually not an option. Some men need to grow up and develop some morals.
Willie Lynch

Asheville, NC

#5 Apr 6, 2014
I heard friend of a friend that heard from a hood rat that she settled for a truck load of watermelons, two buckets of KFC extra crispy and a case of colt 45's. It's gonna be poppin in the hood this weekend!!!
dear man

Simpsonville, SC

#6 Apr 30, 2014
the poor man is misunderstood he is the sweetest kindest person don't spread gossip and rumors he man is sweet and kind he would never done that stop picking on him
no respect

Simpsonville, SC

#8 May 3, 2014
he doesn't respect anyone and no respect from anyone. why does he remain chief of a fire department. that fire department has problems he is the tip of the problems. that fire department needs a person that is respected and wont cover up other problems
Good ole boy

Fairview, NC

#9 May 3, 2014
Like the Justin Winebarger scandal stole fire dept radios and sheriff radios and still a good ole boy ! Just so y'all know he did use racism against Gail ! I seen it too !
Just wondering

United States

#10 May 3, 2014
There were women that stood up for Gail as well, not just men in the office. I don't know where you get your information from!
Good ole boy

Black Mountain, NC

#11 May 3, 2014
Read it again ! Seen it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump tells g 7 to shove their climate change a... 4 min waco1909 18
Happy Memorial Day to all the vets. 33 min waco1909 7
Breaking :Comey's FBI illegally spied on Amer... 42 min waco1909 34
FBI investigates Kushner 44 min TSF 43
State, Victoria, TSF 3 hr waco1909 208
Tillerson cancels Ramadan day at State Dept. 3 hr waco1909 6
Buddy sanders (May '14) 4 hr Just sayin 31

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance