Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#55637 Jun 19, 2014
OMG!!! Even FOX NEWS is calling out the LYING GOP Warmongers!
~~~~~~~~~~
Megyn Kelly Totally Owns Dick Cheney Over His Terrible Iraq Track Record

Posted: 06/19/2014 7:24 am

After quoting Cheney's recent op-ed on the war, in which he said of President Obama,“Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many,” she put this scorcher of a question to him:

"Time and time again, history has proven that you got it wrong as well in Iraq, sir. You said there was no doubt Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. You said we would be greeted as liberators. You said the insurgency was in its last throes back in 2005, and you said that after our intervention, extremists would have to 'rethink their strategy of jihad.' Now, with almost a trillion dollars spent there, with almost 4,500 American lives lost there, what do you say to those who say you were so wrong about so much at the expense of so many?"

Kelly didn't drop any mics, but she might as well have. Fox News viewers who were expecting something different might have wondered whether they were watching another network.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#55638 Jun 19, 2014
IRS recycled Lerner hard drive.
That's great.
Environmentally conscious.

Location hidden

#55639 Jun 19, 2014
Victoria wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~
After quoting Cheney's recent op-ed on the war, in which he said of President Obama,“Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many,” she put this scorcher of a question to him:
"Time and time again, history has proven that you got it wrong as well in Iraq, sir. You said there was no doubt Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. You said we would be greeted as liberators. You said the insurgency was in its last throes back in 2005, and you said that after our intervention, extremists would have to 'rethink their strategy of jihad.' Now, with almost a trillion dollars spent there, with almost 4,500 American lives lost there, what do you say to those who say you were so wrong about so much at the expense of so many?"
Kelly didn't drop any mics, but she might as well have. Fox News viewers who were expecting something different might have wondered whether they were watching another network.
Fox can surprise you.
Cheney should be in prison,IMO.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#55640 Jun 19, 2014
Red Square wrote:
Jerome Corsi as a source of the truth=hilarious. Guy wouldn't know the truth it it bit him in the ass.
Most U.S. companies don't actually pay the 35% rate. Medtronic actually paid about an 18% rate. What Congress should do is rewrite the tax laws so that these companies can no longer rip off the country, but that won't happen because big companies can buy influence. Your name is well chosen. Demented indeed.
Right Wingers don't understand tax loopholes, either for the rich or big corporations. They have bought into all the RW propaganda that "American companies pay the highest rate of taxes" because to them there is only black or white. There are no shades of gray, no fine details, no loopholes, no complicating factors......no Republican party who is kissing the butts of big corporations and billionaires.

What a fine job the GOP has done brainwashing middle class & poor folks.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#55641 Jun 19, 2014
If US companies pay such a high rate of taxes....WHY did these companies pay NO taxes?
~~~~~~~~~~
Corporate Tax Dodgers: 10 Companies and Their Tax Loopholes

A new report looks at 10 U.S. corporations that have used an array of tax loopholes and corporate subsidies to slash their tax bills: Bank of America, Citigroup, ExxonMobil, FedEx, General Electric, Honeywell, Merck, Microsoft, Pfizer, and Verizon.

Corporate Tax Dodgers - HIGHLIGHTS OF 10 CORPORATE TAX DODGERS

Bank of America
Had $17.2 billion in profits offshore in 2012 on which it paid no U.S. taxes. Reported it would owe $4.3 billion in U.S. taxes if profits are brought home.

Citigroup
Had $42.6 billion in profits offshore in 2012 on which it paid no U.S. taxes. Reported it would owe $11.5 billion in U.S. taxes if profits are brought home.

ExxonMobil
Paid just a 15% federal income tax rate from 2010-2012, less than half the official 35% corporate tax rate – a tax subsidy of $6.2 billion. Had $43 billion in profits offshore in 2012 on which it paid no U.S. taxes.

FedEx
Made $5.7 billion from 2010-2012 and didn’t pay a dime in federal income taxes. Got a tax subsidy of $2.1 billion. Received $10.3 billion in federal contracts from 2006-2012.

General Electric
Made $88 billion from 2002-2012 and paid just 2.4% in taxes for a tax subsidy of $29 billion. Paid no taxes in 4 years. Had $108 billion in profits offshore in 2012 on which it paid no U.S. taxes. Received $21.8 billion in federal contracts from 2006-2012.

Honeywell
Made $5 billion from 2009-2012 and paid just $50 million in federal income taxes – a tax subsidy of $1.7 billion. Had $11.6 billion in profits offshore in 2012 on which it paid no U.S. taxes. Received $16.7 billion in federal contracts from 2006-2012.

Merck
Made $13.6 billion and paid $2.5 billion in federal income taxes from 2009-2012. Paid an 18.4% federal income tax rate, half the official 35% rate – a tax subsidy of $2.2 billion. Had $53.4 billion in profits offshore in 2012 on which it paid no U.S. taxes. Received $8.7 billion in federal contracts from 2006-2012.

Microsoft
Saved $4.5 billion in federal income taxes from 2009-2011 by transferring profits to a subsidiary in the tax haven of Puerto Rico. Had $60.8 billion in profits stashed offshore in 2012 on which it paid no U.S. taxes; reported it would owe $19.4 billion if profits are brought home.

Pfizer
Received $2.2 billion in federal tax refunds from 2010-2012 while earning $43 billion worldwide even though 40% of its sales are in America. Had $73 billion in profits offshore in 2012 on which it paid no U.S. income taxes. Received $3.4 billion in federal contracts from 2010-2012.

Verizon
Made $19.3 billion in U.S. pretax profits from 2008-2012 but paid no federal income taxes during the period; instead got $535 million in tax rebates. Total tax subsidy:$7.3 billion. Received up to $6 billion in federal contracts from 2011 through 2023.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#55642 Jun 19, 2014
Yeah, middle class (clueless) Republican voters.....they are looking out for YOU.

" Total corporate federal taxes paid fell to 12.1% of U.S. profits in 2011, according to the Congressional Budget Office. The average profitable company in the Fortune 500 paid just 18.5% of its profits in federal income taxes between 2008 and 2010, according to Citizens for Tax Justice, a nonpartisan tax research organization. Dozens of large and profitable companies paid nothing in recent years.

CEOs who are the face of various corporate pro-austerity, anti-tax campaigns with names like Fix the Debt, The LIFT America Coalition, The RATE Coalition and even the long-standing Business Roundtable, preach a theory that cutting corporate taxes is “pro-growth.” But they neglect to say that the growth is of their corporate bottom lines, not the economy and certainly not social well-being.

Though many of these austerity crusaders have corporate retirement plans that will provide tens- and even hundreds of thousands of dollars PER MONTH in their retirement, these CEOs shamelessly argue for cutting monthly Social Security benefits and raising the retirement age to 70 – which automatically reduces seniors’ retirement benefits by 20%."
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#55643 Jun 19, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
IRS recycled Lerner hard drive.
That's great.
Environmentally conscious.
Contrary to what you believe, this shouldn't even be an issue. And it is an issue for one reason only. And that's because the GOP knows that they can deceitfully use it to continue to enrage their clueless voter base.

Both conservative AND progressive groups were targeted. They were targeted when they requested a tax status they did not deserve. That is the IRS's JOB. This issue is nothing more than Republican political theater.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#55644 Jun 19, 2014
My computer was hit by lightening this week (Divine Intervention) and I am taking a break until it is up and running on Saturday. I am on a public computer now. Thanks to Rock for the use of his back yard while I am in limbo...

Location hidden

#55645 Jun 19, 2014
If I favored tax rates at the corporate level to be restored to 1960’s rates, would that make me a radical?
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#55646 Jun 19, 2014
Red Square wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, Biden is a lover, not a killer. I know Biden can be a bit
of a goofball now and then, but I've always liked him. Too
bad he isn't younger. I think he would have a better shot
as a presidential candidate, though he didn't too well with
that in the past.
I like him too. He's quite the charmer. I think he would make a good president. He's amazingly informed about so many of the problems this country faces right now. But I have no idea why anyone would want to be president anymore. Right now we've got an intelligent man in office and the hateful wingers have done everything to destroy him, even to the point that they are willing to destroy the country, America's middle class & the economy as well, as long as they "git" Obama.

IMO, today's Republicans are homegrown terrorists.

Location hidden

#55647 Jun 19, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
My computer was hit by lightening this week (Divine Intervention) and I am taking a break until it is up and running on Saturday. I am on a public computer now. Thanks to Rock for the use of his back yard while I am in limbo...
I wondered where you had gotten to, I thought RW terrorists had kidnapped you!
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#55648 Jun 19, 2014
KOH wrote:
RepubliKan leaders hate women in general and working men in particular. Why would any woman or working person vote for a republiKan?
<quoted text>
I agree 100%. Any woman who votes Republican has to be out of her mind. The same holds true for any working class American.

Republicans want to privatize SS. They want to end Medicare. They want to end public education. They want to end the social programs that keep poor children from starving. And all so they can hand more tax cuts to billionaires.

The Republicans want to cut off the head of every middle class American. And the clueless wingers CONTINUE to buy into their propaganda.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#55649 Jun 19, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
I missed you! What does this mean? "Thanks to Rock for the use of his back yard while I am in limbo"

Location hidden

#55650 Jun 19, 2014
I just got a notification, Obama is going to address the nation about Iraq.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#55651 Jun 19, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
If I favored tax rates at the corporate level to be restored to 1960’s rates, would that make me a radical?
I want tax rates for MILLIONAIRES to be restored to where they were when Reagan was president. How quickly wingers forget how things really were under their "GOD".

McCain is about to bust a gut trying to bash Obama. The generals have taken him down a notch or two but McCain just keeps spewing hate & warmongering foolishness. It's a delight to listen to him. I wish people could understand just where this country would be if McCain was running things. Endless war.....
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#55652 Jun 19, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Fox can surprise you.
Cheney should be in prison,IMO.
I ended my cable so I never see it. I'm not much of a TV watcher. I like PBS shows.....like Wallander.(my favorite)

I agree....Cheney should be in prison. I think he is off-his-rocker. Seriously. Though he may just be so angry that he was so damn wrong that he doesn't care anymore.

Location hidden

#55653 Jun 19, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
I ended my cable so I never see it. I'm not much of a TV watcher. I like PBS shows.....like Wallander.(my favorite)
I agree....Cheney should be in prison. I think he is off-his-rocker. Seriously. Though he may just be so angry that he was so damn wrong that he doesn't care anymore.
He's far from crazy, he's crazy mean.
Arrogant crook.
Rock

Shelby, NC

#55654 Jun 19, 2014
Victoria wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~
Finally..." Fair and Balanced"... Has some truth to it...
Ctwo Hfour Otwo

Angier, NC

#55655 Jun 19, 2014
What abut a republiKan governor of NC transferring money intended for highway repairs and construction into salaries for his campaign groupies in invented jobs? What about accepting campaign donations from internet video gambling interests? What about a NC legislative branch trying to take control of the judiciary function of the state bureau of investigation in order to stop the investigations into the legislative branch? What do you figure excuses all that?
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> OK, here we go.
I'd much rather a politician catch a bj at the airport than take thousands of dollars worth of bribes, such as the democrat mayor of Charlotte.
This tit for tat crap only divides us all.
Bush doing something wrong, is no excuse for Obama doing something wrong.
Rock

Shelby, NC

#55657 Jun 19, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
No problem brother; i already told ya you could have use of the kiddo's bunk beds... If you don't mind Ronald Regan sheets on the bed...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's Cruelty to Widow 2 min State of Florida 17
Cajah's Mountain Town Council 10 min PamBrown 57
Lowest unemployment claims in 40 years 15 min waco1909 1
Everybody Stop Making Fun Of Me!!! 50 min waco1909 10
Stay away from t.s auto in drexel. 21 hr Richard 1
News Man accused of stealing restaurant van while po... Tue posted 1
Timmy Macs Conic Shop Mon slender gurl 2

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance