“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#52806 May 5, 2014
TSF I know you're a decent man.
But frankly, the hyperbole here has gotten out of control, and certainly I'm not exempting myself.
This rhetoric has no place among people with political differences, but it surely has a place among people who hate one another.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#52807 May 5, 2014
I promise you TSF, if I wanted to I could go state by state and find stories of stupid democrats,
but to what end?
It easily balances out the other way as well.
The issues count.
I have already made several comments about Wal-Mart, no responses.
I tried to tie in raising the minimum wage to increased automation.
No responses.
While the personality attacks continue, both ways.
Unabated.
No issues, only insults.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#52808 May 5, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Victoria, really.
Ben already invalidated your comment that democrats didn't support traditional marriage.
Plus, you've called republicans every name in the book.
No, I haven't called Republicans every name in the book. But you have continued to LIE and claim that the liberals here have said things they did not say.

Ben didn't invalidate anything. Look at the damn polls. Democrats, by a large margin support same sex marriage freedom. Republicans, like the hypocrite in the article, do not.

"Democrats tend to favor equal rights for gay and lesbian couples e.g. the right to get married and adopt children. Republicans believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman so they do not support gay marriage or allowing them to adopt children."

Let me clue you in on something. Just because there is a small group of Democrats who only support traditional marriage does not invalidate the FACT that the majority of Democrats support AN INDIVIDUAL'S FREEDOM to marry whomever they want to marry.

Are you just a deceiver or are you unable to think very clearly or deeply? I already know Ben's problem.

One last thing.....Ben trying to turn my article about the GOP hypocrite into some sort of harebrained diversion about a small group of Democrats who want to live in the 19th century and you supporting his harebrained, poorly thought-out diversion does not have ANYTHING to do with the original point.....which was:

THIS GUY is just another, in a very long list, of Republican hypocrites.

See? It has nothing to do with Ben's nonsense. And nothing to do with your blind support of Ben's nonsense.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#52809 May 5, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
I promise you TSF, if I wanted to I could go state by state and find stories of stupid democrats,
but to what end?
It easily balances out the other way as well.
The issues count.
I have already made several comments about Wal-Mart, no responses.
I tried to tie in raising the minimum wage to increased automation.
No responses.
While the personality attacks continue, both ways.
Unabated.
No issues, only insults.
And you & your RW pals are the Kings of the insults.

Wal-Mart has had self-serve checkout for YEARS. What remote corner of nowhere do you live? Oh, that's right....Texas.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#52810 May 5, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
And you & your RW pals are the Kings of the insults.
Wal-Mart has had self-serve checkout for YEARS. What remote corner of nowhere do you live? Oh, that's right....Texas.
You are an idiot, "News, Walmart, jobs and the rise of self-service checkout tech" "Tech vs. jobs "People are not getting enough hours now, and when we have the self-checkout, people are going to be getting even less hours," said Janet Sparks, a Walmart customer service manager at a store in Louisiana who is also involved with Organization United for Respect at Walmart, a group supported by the United Food and Commercial Workers union. She believes understaffing creates demand for self-checkout systems. " Do you EVEN have the capability of connecting the dots? Do you run a business or even come close or just suck off the teat of the gov.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#52811 May 5, 2014
"Automated self-checkout "does eliminate jobs, there's not much question about that. The question is how many?" said Frank Levy, an MIT professor emeritus of urban economics."
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#52812 May 5, 2014
"Levy sees self-checkout automation as the next wave of technological change in this area, the first being barcoding. Barcoding improved the volume of work a cashier could handle. The question is whether there is offsetting job creation to make up for job losses due to automation.

In general, if computerization enables you to lower prices to stimulate more demand, employment will rise, he said.

But checkout cashier salaries are just a small part of the cost of groceries, said Levy, who doesn't believe the labor cost savings will have much impact on prices.

"What kinds of job creation is the economy going to see in other areas that might soak up labor, as opposed to just driving down the wages so cheap so that you get more jobs created that way?" said Levy. "
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#52813 May 5, 2014
"Producing the automated systems will create jobs, but Levy said that the net overall effect may be job loss. "We should be thinking about it as a big problem," he said. "

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#52814 May 5, 2014
Well Victoria I must say you seem to be indifferent to daily life.
Wal-Mart in Lenoir just ADDED A BUNCH of self-checkouts to what they already HAD.
ARE you capable of thinking in a linear fashion, or are you such a fanatic that all you can do is spout LW propaganda, over and over?
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#52815 May 5, 2014
"Walmart has self-service checkout systems installed in about 1,800 stores. Some of the 10,000 new systems, a purchase announced in November by the vendor NCR Corp., will be used to upgrade older systems. The deployment is scheduled to be completed by the end of this year, expanding self-checkout systems to about 2,500 of Walmart's approximately 4,000 stores. There are about eight checkout kiosks per store, the company said.

Despite Walmart's decision, automated checkout faces problems from customers."

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#52816 May 5, 2014
Victoria's idea of a good post usually ends in vitriol and some character assassination.
Unhappy, or just likes being mean.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#52817 May 5, 2014
Ben wrote:
"Automated self-checkout "does eliminate jobs, there's not much question about that. The question is how many?" said Frank Levy, an MIT professor emeritus of urban economics."
I was trying to get just that point across, before Victoria flipped out and accused me of living in a remote corner of the world.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#52818 May 5, 2014
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>" http://www.journalnow.com/news/local/gop-cand... ; Here the start of YOUR post "OMG!!....GOP hypocrisy is simply staggering!:)
~~~~~~~~~~
GOP candidate was once a female impersonator
Saturday, May 3, 2014
Bertrand M. Gutierrez/Winston-Salem Journal" Sorry, POS, YOU did quote the same article, that's HOW I found the quote. You have just proved you are a lair. Therefore the rest of you RANT, requires no further attention. FYI, NEVER publish quotes as they can be found and researched, idiot. Go toke,toke,toke that DUMOcrat pipe.
Sorry, buddy, I got that material from another site. I posted the information it provided. If I added that link it does not mean I went to the WSJ and read it there, because I DID NOT.

Why don't you stop calling people LIARS who aren't lying.

Geez, you people are out of your minds. That story is EVERYWHERE in all degrees of lengths of the subject matter. It's like you just cannot comprehend that people do not live in your little tunnel-vision world and do all the same little tunnel-vision things you do, or think in the same trivial, tunnel-vision way. Articles OFTEN have additional links without having the entire story being found in the printed article. And I don't owe it to you or anyone else to read an entire link somewhere else. Especially when it has NOTHING to do with the point I am making.

Now for the coup de grace that completely destroys your DIVERSION that has nothing to do with the fact the REPUBLICAN is a HYPOCRITE. See if you can follow it. I am pretty sure it will SOAR right over your head:

You seem OBSESSED with the fact he used to be a Democrat. Okay, he used to be a Democrat. Unfortunately for you that only strengthens my case that the GOP hypocrite is a flaming hypocrite. He is not only a hypocrite NOW when he tried to run for a Republican office. He was a HYPOCRITE then because Democrats should know better than to work in a gay club and then screw their gay friends over when they hypocritically become Republicans and claim they are AGAINST same sex marriage.

Thank you for your insistence in pushing this unrelated DIVERSION of yours into the story. You have helped me prove even BETTER that he is nothing but a REPUBLICAN hypocrite.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#52819 May 5, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
Well Victoria I must say you seem to be indifferent to daily life.
Wal-Mart in Lenoir just ADDED A BUNCH of self-checkouts to what they already HAD.
ARE you capable of thinking in a linear fashion, or are you such a fanatic that all you can do is spout LW propaganda, over and over?
Here is what you wrote:

"I just noticed that Wal-Mart has just installed a BUNCH of new self-checkout registers!"

No one can read your mind and figure out from that you were referring to additional self-checkouts.

You WHINE when no one addresses your petty discussions. When someone bothers to address your petty discussion, you attack them.

Let's face it, neither you nor Ben are all that bright. And both of you are nothing more than Right Wing trolls.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#52820 May 5, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what you wrote:
"I just noticed that Wal-Mart has just installed a BUNCH of new self-checkout registers!"
No one can read your mind and figure out from that you were referring to additional self-checkouts.
You WHINE when no one addresses your petty discussions. When someone bothers to address your petty discussion, you attack them.
Let's face it, neither you nor Ben are all that bright. And both of you are nothing more than Right Wing trolls.
. Right wing troll, not that bright, whiner, petty, ok got it! Thanks for your input!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#52821 May 5, 2014
Yeah buddy, Topix is a real fun place!:-)

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#52822 May 5, 2014
Victoria.
Do you have any other comments regarding automaton, and I'm not merely referring to automation as it relates to politics,
but rather as it relates to worldwide employment.
Perhaps I'm asking you to be a bit of a futurist, but the shocking speed of technological change is something that I believe will impact every aspect of world society.
Muslims will be dragged kicking and screaming into a world that refuses to accept second class status for women.
This will create political friction, and probably more violence before it improves.
Through informational technology, Muslim women will find that women in other parts of the world are valued not merely as baby machines, but for their intellectual contributions.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#52823 May 5, 2014
DE Blasio, democrat mayor of NYC, is going after large sodas.
People must be protected from their self-destructive desire for large sodas, as they are far too stupid to monitor their personal soda intake.
Talk about social micromanaging!
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#52824 May 5, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what you wrote:
I am bright enough to keep baiting you and you keep swallowing it. See, you are so dumocrat that I KNEW you would come back on the Wiles article. I knew where you got the topic. I tossed the line and you hit like a fat, hungry bass. You have hit the pipe so much you are easy to predict. You don't need to "read" a mind to have COMMON sense.Toke,toke,toke.
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#52825 May 5, 2014
Hard to believe the wingnuts are still trying to convince people that the Obama administration is almost like that of the Nazis. Just more proof that many of these right wingers know nothing about history. Pretty pathetic.

Sure some Democrats are against gay marriage, mostly conservative Democrats in the South. No big surprise there. It doesn't matter all that much since opposition to it is a losing cause.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gas Pump Ripoff Fri morganton 5
Dating link on Topix Fri Honest 5
Never Work At Advance Pierre Foods in Claremont... (Mar '12) Feb 26 concern 25
jamestown flea market allows puppy mills to sel... (Mar '08) Feb 26 morganton 44
Morganton the NEW Asheville?? Feb 25 Bacon 3
Burke Weather Feb 22 Someone Who Knows 3
Investigators hope upped reward, tech lead to c... Feb 18 morganton 1
Morganton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Morganton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:26 am PST

Bleacher Report11:26AM
Bears, Steelers Among Top Spots for FA RB Jackson
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?