Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Ben

Greer, SC

#51649 Apr 22, 2014
"How Much Will the ACA Reduce
Employment in the Longer Term?"
"Why Does CBO Estimate Larger Reductions
Than It Did in 2010? "
"Why Will Those Reductions Be Smaller in the
Short Term?"
"Effects of the ACA on the
Supply of Labor"
"In CBO’s view, the
ACA’s effects on labor supply will stem mainly from
the following provisions, roughly in order of importance: The subsidies for health insurance purchased through
exchanges;

The expansion of eligibility for Medicaid;

The penalties on employers that decline to offer
insurance; and

The new taxes imposed on labor income."
"Effects of Higher Marginal Tax Rates on
Labor Supply " 12 page report. Everyone should be forced to read. http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil...
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#51650 Apr 22, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
Obama brags that 8 million have enrolled in Obamacare.
But,the CBO says only 6 million are newly insured.
And only 2 million of those, never had insurance before.
Statistics..
Sorry, third Waco.....you are wrong:

"Through both the federal and state insurance exchanges and the expansion of the federal Medicaid program under the law, the CBO projects more than 12 million people now have insurance who wouldn't have normally been covered in the absence of the law. The CBO also projects 19 million people will gain coverage by 2015, 25 million more by 2016, and 26 million more by 2026."

Funny, that even came from a RIGHT WING website. lol

Oh, the horror.....the truth is sinking through that vast morass that is the RIGHT WINGER mind.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#51651 Apr 22, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the only other person on Topix who has someone pretending to be you? Really? Aren't you the Waco who acknowledged the existence of both a "good" & "bad" Victoria? It's pretty obvious there is also someone posting under my name. They showed up immediately after I first posted here. I think it was the very first day.
I didn't laugh anything off. This is the first we've discussed it. Once I replied to a "Waco" and you jumped in and said that Waco wasn't you. I never said it was. I was just responding to someone who called themselves Waco.
Of all the people here I doubt that State has any other names. Why? Because you can tell he is just fed up with Wingers. He doesn't flame people, or post nonsense just to enrage others. Which is usually a good indicator that someone is just being a troll and will create multiple screen names to toss out BS. That said, you do those things....good Waco or bad Waco. Some Wacko from Waco is doing it. ;)
Lord knows without State I'd be bored to death waiting for customers.
I wonder.
I wonder if we are "profiling" one another?
I sincerely hope not.
I hope State is a real poster.
You as well.
I sure hope y'all aren't the same poster!
I'm in danger of running out of liberals.
Liberals are a necessary counterpoint to conservatives, and vice versa.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#51652 Apr 22, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, third Waco.....you are wrong:
"Through both the federal and state insurance exchanges and the expansion of the federal Medicaid program under the law, the CBO projects more than 12 million people now have insurance who wouldn't have normally been covered in the absence of the law. The CBO also projects 19 million people will gain coverage by 2015, 25 million more by 2016, and 26 million more by 2026."
Funny, that even came from a RIGHT WING website. lol
Oh, the horror.....the truth is sinking through that vast morass that is the RIGHT WINGER mind.
I just read this an hour ago on the CBO . What's up? Is the CBO schizophrenic?
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#51653 Apr 22, 2014
Victoria I can't cut and paste on this device, but as soon as get to a real computer later today I'll cut and paste my article about the CBO, by the way the CBO projects that 31 million will still be uninsured ten years from now.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#51654 Apr 22, 2014
[QUOTE who="
"Effects of Higher Marginal Tax Rates on
Labor Supply " 12 page report. Everyone should be forced to read. http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil... [/QUOTE]

"An increase of 0.9% on couples earning more than $250,000 a year"

Why do I feel sure that won't include you?

Ever heard of the concept of the greater good? Millions of people already have insurance because of the ACA. Which means that thousands won't die because of a lack of health care. Hundreds of thousands won't die, to be more specific. Excuse me if I don't shed any tears over a 0.9% tax increase on people making more than a quarter million dollars a year.

You cherry-pick bad things and ignore the giant step forward this country has made. Have you ever seen the table of people projected to die because Republican governors refused to adopt the ACA? THAT is what you should be upset about.

Death panels indeed.....only they were created by REPUBLICANS in stupid red states.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#51655 Apr 22, 2014
Supreme Court says that Michigan no longer has to abide by affirmative action in college enrollment.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#51656 Apr 22, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
Victoria I can't cut and paste on this device, but as soon as get to a real computer later today I'll cut and paste my article about the CBO, by the way the CBO projects that 31 million will still be uninsured ten years from now.
And what do they base that figure on? The fact that in ten years there will still be 31 million idiot right wingers who are willing to cut off their nose to spite their face & will still prefer to pay a FINE rather than taking responsibility for their own lives and buy health insurance?

I doubt if that will be true. The number of old stupid white people, i.e., the GOP base, angry that a black man became president, will have been greatly diminished ten years from now.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#51657 Apr 22, 2014
Obama administration rules in favor of US steelmakers in trade dispute...
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#51658 Apr 22, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
Obama administration rules in favor of US steelmakers in trade dispute...
If you are going to play Mr. Headline News you should add a link. ;)

But there ya go, our President sticking up for the AMERICAN WORKER.

"WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's administration on Monday sided with American steel producers in a politically charged international trade dispute, ruling that imported steel reinforcing bar from Mexico and Turkey unfairly undercuts U.S. prices."
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#51659 Apr 22, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, Holder is the head of the DOJ. The FBI falls under the DOJ. Holder's DOJ investigated & brought charges against Charlotte's mayor. It's easy to understand. Just take a few minutes and think it through.
State of Florida isn't me. He just saw your post to me & made a mistake. It's easy to do. You've done it. I've seen where you have done the exact same thing.
Victoria, I have know this guy since the Zimmerman trial, where of course we were on different sides. He admits to having a disablity and my guess it is a mental issue. You can give evidence to the mood swings and his inability to rationalize a lot of the issues. He is angry in life. You and I know that we are not each other, but once he gets a fixation, there is no removing it. We both know the truth. We just carry the same view on many political subjects. It is not my to intent to respond to his delusions, but sometimes they are so far out that I have to put a word in. One thing extremely not rational. He is on disability by his own admission that Democrats strive to hold on to for those in need, and he wants to see Republicans take all the mid term elections. Now really, how rational is that?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#51660 Apr 22, 2014
Rock.......Jesus
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#51661 Apr 22, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to play Mr. Headline News you should add a link. ;)
But there ya go, our President sticking up for the AMERICAN WORKER.
"WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's administration on Monday sided with American steel producers in a politically charged international trade dispute, ruling that imported steel reinforcing bar from Mexico and Turkey unfairly undercuts U.S. prices."
Agreed.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#51662 Apr 22, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Victoria, I have know this guy since the Zimmerman trial, where of course we were on different sides. He admits to having a disablity and my guess it is a mental issue. You can give evidence to the mood swings and his inability to rationalize a lot of the issues. He is angry in life. You and I know that we are not each other, but once he gets a fixation, there is no removing it. We both know the truth. We just carry the same view on many political subjects. It is not my to intent to respond to his delusions, but sometimes they are so far out that I have to put a word in. One thing extremely not rational. He is on disability by his own admission that Democrats strive to hold on to for those in need, and he wants to see Republicans take all the mid term elections. Now really, how rational is that?
Victoria said, you simply made a mistake, answering for her.
You also know I haven't been on disability for years.
State im not interested in your personal life.
As much as you seem to be interested in mine.
Bush was president when I started getting disability.
Does that mean he gave it to me?
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#51664 Apr 22, 2014
State you take this Topix stuff way too seriously.
No one knows who you are.
Except yourself.
Realize this fact.
I'm not here to "win".
This isn't a competition.
As far as I can recall, you've never given a single thing I've said any merit.
That's because in your mind, I'm a" bad "person.
You have absolutely no sense of humor.
I think, State, that I'm a victim of profiling.
By you.
You've basically already called me a nutcase.
That's sad, that you want to hurt me that badly.
I've tried numerous times to get our political discourse to a more harmonious level.
But I forgot one important thing, State.
To you, I'm the enemy.
I realize now that there is no communicating with you in any manner that is not adversarial, in the extreme.
So.
If it's an enemy you want, look elsewhere.
I will not further indulge your desire to have me as your enemy.
Interpret that any way you wish.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#51665 Apr 22, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Victoria said, you simply made a mistake, answering for her.
You also know I haven't been on disability for years.
State im not interested in your personal life.
As much as you seem to be interested in mine.
Bush was president when I started getting disability.
Does that mean he gave it to me?
Presidents don't give out disability. Congress does.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#51666 Apr 22, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Presidents don't give out disability. Congress does.
. Ok man.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#51667 Apr 22, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
State you take this Topix stuff way too seriously.
No one knows who you are.
Except yourself.
Realize this fact.
I'm not here to "win".
This isn't a competition.
As far as I can recall, you've never given a single thing I've said any merit.
That's because in your mind, I'm a" bad "person.
You have absolutely no sense of humor.
I think, State, that I'm a victim of profiling.
By you.
You've basically already called me a nutcase.
That's sad, that you want to hurt me that badly.
I've tried numerous times to get our political discourse to a more harmonious level.
But I forgot one important thing, State.
To you, I'm the enemy.
I realize now that there is no communicating with you in any manner that is not adversarial, in the extreme.
So.
If it's an enemy you want, look elsewhere.
I will not further indulge your desire to have me as your enemy.
Interpret that any way you wish.
Come on now. You take it to a personal level just as much as I do using names and references. You are a political adversary that has ideas and opinions that I disagree with. I generally do not respond on a personal level until you do, and then I take it where I feel I need to. I don't consider you an enemy, hell, I wouldn't even know you if I ran into you somewhere. My general feeling is I that that you like to dish out comments, and then when someone comes back effectively on you, that is when you get pissed . You have made your disability payments and some of your issues an open book on here. You get disability, but yet you are critical of a Democrat party that wants you to have that help, and then openly back Republicans that would like to throw your disability payment into the sh*ttter? The Democratic Congress works everyday to advance the lives of the common man and those with specific needs like you. They work for Medicare and Medicaid. They work for Social Security. They work to raise the minimum wage. They work for equal pay for women. They work to maintain your disability. And you want Tillis to go into the Senate? That makes absolutely no sense to me. You need Obamacare, but McCrory cut you out. And you want those policies against you to continue? As I said, it makes no sense. I have never used the moniker "Waco" or "Waco 1909", "Victoria," or any other name but State of Florida the approximate 2 years that I have been on here. I have absolutely no reason or intent to be an imposter. That is the truth, so let it go.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#51668 Apr 22, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell are you bragging about having your own business when you're receiving a government disability? Every time you post, you prove what a nut case lowlife leech you really are. Get a job you lazy lying bum.
The "bad" Victoria is from Lumberton, not the one from Sparta (the good one). Easy to tell the difference. This jerk also posts in my name from time to time, and probably will again sometime very soon in retaliation for this post. The difference between the bad and good Victoria is a different as night and day. The good one would never disrespect you for receiving disability. That is a Democrat policy, and she is certainly that.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#51669 Apr 22, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on now. You take it to a personal level just as much as I do using names and references. You are a political adversary that has ideas and opinions that I disagree with. I generally do not respond on a personal level until you do, and then I take it where I feel I need to. I don't consider you an enemy, hell, I wouldn't even know you if I ran into you somewhere. My general feeling is I that that you like to dish out comments, and then when someone comes back effectively on you, that is when you get pissed . You have made your disability payments and some of your issues an open book on here. You get disability, but yet you are critical of a Democrat party that wants you to have that help, and then openly back Republicans that would like to throw your disability payment into the sh*ttter? The Democratic Congress works everyday to advance the lives of the common man and those with specific needs like you. They work for Medicare and Medicaid. They work for Social Security. They work to raise the minimum wage. They work for equal pay for women. They work to maintain your disability. And you want Tillis to go into the Senate? That makes absolutely no sense to me. You need Obamacare, but McCrory cut you out. And you want those policies against you to continue? As I said, it makes no sense. I have never used the moniker "Waco" or "Waco 1909", "Victoria," or any other name but State of Florida the approximate 2 years that I have been on here. I have absolutely no reason or intent to be an imposter. That is the truth, so let it go.
Did you even see where I said I no longer get disability? I'm just curious.
I'm really curious as to why you would sign a petition limiting free speech.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is the dirty old Commie State of Florida?. 2 min Robert 6
Brandy Stapleton 2 hr Killan igger 27
Hillary throws spastic fit. 4 hr Killajig 5
[email protected] Black Lives Matter 6 hr Robert 5
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Fri asdf 32
allied financial is coming to morganton Fri Tranny Anne 12
Never Work At Advance Pierre Foods in Claremont... (Mar '12) Sep 20 Bob 33

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages