Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Facts Hurt

Washington, DC

#49551 Mar 28, 2014
Price of beef up 27% from 2009 to 2013

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#49552 Mar 28, 2014
TSF wrote:
Let's see here. Gas was $4.08 in June of 2008 when Bush was president and 6 months later in January 2009 when Obama took office , went down to $1.89 . Obama's fault?
<quoted text>
Stop defending the indefensible, T. It makes you look as moronic as the president.
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#49553 Mar 28, 2014
The president of the U.S. has very little influence on the price of gasoline. Even conservative economists have figured this out. The only people who haven't are the dopey right wing nutters.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#49554 Mar 29, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
Biden says, illegals are Americans. Good thing he isn't pandering to the Hispanic vote!! I'm just wondering, with illegals being Americans and all, why any of them would want to stay where they were born, when they can come here, get medical care and food stamps?? They'd be crazy not to!!
. Crazy like a Biden.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#49555 Mar 29, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
This sick person is not me. Leave it to some despicable misogynistic pig to try and discredit another person just because they lack the ability to discuss anything in a civilized manner.
All over the internet hateful men like this faker do their best to intimidate women. Sad. Disgusting.
. We know it ain't you... Just ignore, don't feed the damn troll...
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#49556 Mar 29, 2014
TSF wrote:
With around 35,000 persons in the USA dying each year because they have no insurance and therefore cannot reasonably expect medical care, we still have persons like Robert who are insulated from the problem and have no concern for it
Right now around 4% of doctors refuse to accept medicare patients because of the low , slow reimbursements and because of the heavy paperwork burden. Many of those same doctors refuse to accept ANY insurance and only accept cash or credit card payment. The problem for the wealthy is that, without insurance, they will not long remain wealthy when they have a medical problem. Then there will only be wealthy doctors. These opt out doctors tend to be concentrated in metropolitan areas with concentrations of wealth. So, the wealthy can just move or travel to where these selective doctors are located.
Meanwhile, it the rest of the real world , there remain around 96% of real doctors who accept reasonable fees and insurance for their services. A majority of those actually provide medical services beyond just scanning your credit cards. So, the availability insurance and doctors for the middle class and poor really isn't a serious threat to the wealthy after all.
<quoted text>
What did the 35,000 die of, EXACTLY? What is "reasonably expect", EXACTLY? What is "the rest of the real world", EXACTLY? Who, EXACTLY, sets the "reasonable" fees? You are blind and ignorant. Without the "middle class and poor" how does the "wealthy" exist, EXACTLY? That's right, I almost forgot, the Democrats depend on the poor and undocumented for their maids and landscapers. Just ask your girl Sink in Florida. People like you are one of the biggest causes of the "poor". You keep hammering down instead of lifting up. See, the thing about those "maids and landscapers" is they came here, from something WORSE. You never even hypothetically put yourself in someone else situation. Maybe you should try to ask "WHY", once in a while. "The wealthy can just move" are you kidding me? It's SO convenient for people to just pack up and "move". What a joke.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#49557 Mar 29, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
Rock, Seriously, in this new divided US that you support, what would be some of the programs and politicies that the south would innitiate? Would equal rights be on the agenda in regard to race, or would we return to the days of the old south and segregation? What other policies do you hope for as a reality to come to pass?
. Damn state. I wrote some response last night, but it ain't up,.. I'll put something up later... Again
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#49558 Mar 29, 2014
Just having a little fun stirring the tea...
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>Stop defending the indefensible, T. It makes you look as moronic as the president.
Martel

Franklin, NC

#49559 Mar 29, 2014
Facts Hurt wrote:
Price of beef up 27% from 2009 to 2013
yes. Our herd levels are some of the lowest since the 50's.. But, inflation is here folks... Anyone who has done some damn shopping over the past couple of the years knows that shit. Who cares if some damn iPad hasn't gone up in price?! My kids can't eat a circuit board...
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#49560 Mar 29, 2014
My bad. How could I even suggest that we would inconvenience the wealthy? It would be a major disaster if they had to sit in a waiting room for two hours with other sick people and wait their turn like the rest of us. What could I have been thinking Ben?
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>What did the 35,000 die of, EXACTLY? What is "reasonably expect", EXACTLY? What is "the rest of the real world", EXACTLY? Who, EXACTLY, sets the "reasonable" fees? You are blind and ignorant. Without the "middle class and poor" how does the "wealthy" exist, EXACTLY? That's right, I almost forgot, the Democrats depend on the poor and undocumented for their maids and landscapers. Just ask your girl Sink in Florida. People like you are one of the biggest causes of the "poor". You keep hammering down instead of lifting up. See, the thing about those "maids and landscapers" is they came here, from something WORSE. You never even hypothetically put yourself in someone else situation. Maybe you should try to ask "WHY", once in a while. "The wealthy can just move" are you kidding me? It's SO convenient for people to just pack up and "move". What a joke.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#49561 Mar 29, 2014
Reasonable fees? Here is an example: A member of my family spent 1 night in the hospital for a heart procedure. The charges---just over $70,000 US dollars. Because I had insurance and also supplemental insurance, the copay was only around $2000.
Had I not had insurance ? Had the stay been weeks instead of 1 overnight? Had I been wealthy-- I would not long remain that way.
boo

Lenoir, NC

#49562 Mar 29, 2014
Red Square wrote:
The president of the U.S. has very little influence on the price of gasoline. Even conservative economists have figured this out. The only people who haven't are the dopey right wing nutters.
When Bush was in Office the democrats seem to think he controlled gas prices ..Guess they think different now that Obama ( the golden one) in office
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#49563 Mar 29, 2014
boo wrote:
<quoted text> When Bush was in Office the democrats seem to think he controlled gas prices ..Guess they think different now that Obama ( the golden one) in office
Who's Bush?
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#49564 Mar 29, 2014
boo wrote:
<quoted text> When Bush was in Office the democrats seem to think he controlled gas prices ..Guess they think different now that Obama ( the golden one) in office
You're right, they bitched constantly about gas prices, all the while blaming Bush.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#49565 Mar 29, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's Bush?
Your daddy.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#49566 Mar 29, 2014
TSF wrote:
Reasonable fees? Here is an example: A member of my family spent 1 night in the hospital for a heart procedure. The charges---just over $70,000 US dollars. Because I had insurance and also supplemental insurance, the copay was only around $2000.
Had I not had insurance ? Had the stay been weeks instead of 1 overnight? Had I been wealthy-- I would not long remain that way.
What if y'all didn't have the two grand?
Rock

Franklin, NC

#49567 Mar 29, 2014
state... Damn this bullshit... I've written 2x already... But since it's you I'll give it one more try. Segregation? People naturally self segregate state... You've been in a highschool lunchroom with different races? Who is sitting with who? If people want to: sit, eat, marry, live next to, go to school with then they should. I am and always be against forcing people together by: threat, fine or use of force... That is tyranny. I'll add more later; don't want to give you Yankees and floridians too many pearls here...
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#49568 Mar 29, 2014
. At least they did admit the sick one without the 2Gs up front because I could prove two insurance policies. So they billed me a few weeks later.
If the republican bad Samaritan law passes, everyone will have to pay up front or be SOL.
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> What if y'all didn't have the two grand?
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#49569 Mar 29, 2014
Those believing the president controls gas prices are the same ones who believe that giving
Exxon Mobile more essentially free drilling rights to publically owned oil will hold down gas prices. They also believe in Santa, the great pumpkin ,check's in the mail and pay you on Friday.
boo wrote:
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#49570 Mar 29, 2014
TSF wrote:
. At least they did admit the sick one without the 2Gs up front because I could prove two insurance policies. So they billed me a few weeks later.
If the republican bad Samaritan law passes, everyone will have to pay up front or be SOL.
<quoted text>
OK, first off, that's in Georgia, it's not gonna happen there either, because sure as hell, they're gonna say some person doesn't have any real need to be in an ER, and the guys gonna croak down the street. I'm not in favor of it, it's dumb, it'll never happen, period, end of sentence, finis, el endo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's Supporters: White Supremacists 1 hr State of Florida 81
Houston Deputy executed last night. 2 hr Yes Liberal 1
High School Football Time Again 11 hr Lobster 29
ERIKA is heading for Florida. 16 hr Hillary Trump Clowns 4
Planned Parenthood talks about "live specimens"... 16 hr Spanking it 12
Michelle Caldera 17 hr Scubabalumo 9
slaw recipe Thu Olympic medals 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages