Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
TSF

Benson, NC

#47630 Feb 18, 2014
Thom Tillis, working for special interest against North Carolina and its citizens. Say no to Thom Tillis and his Koch masters.
TSF

Benson, NC

#47631 Feb 18, 2014
A powerful republican governor getting a short order cook fired. McCrory and Christie --republikans throwing their weight around. You can't make this shit up.
Return of the King wrote:
<quoted text> BULL.
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47632 Feb 18, 2014
TSF wrote:
Thom Tillis, working for special interest against North Carolina and its citizens. Say no to Thom Tillis and his Koch masters.
Koch brothers were 59th in donations to their PAC.The Oracle guy was number one, in donations to his super PAC.Imagine that! Say YES to Thom Tillis! He didn't vote for Obamacare!
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47633 Feb 18, 2014
hey didn't Obama play golf at the Oracle guys house yesterday? or should I say his massive estate? that guy's the third richest man in America! the other two are Buffett and Bill Gates! all Obama supporters! say no to corrupt billionaires! vote straight Republican ticket!
TSF

Benson, NC

#47634 Feb 18, 2014
+THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THE GOVERNMENT'S CALCULATION OF AVAILABLE SOCIAL SECURITY IS THEY FORGOT TO FIGURE IN THE PEOPLE WHO DIED BEFORE THEY EVER COLLECTED A SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK!!!

WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO?
Remember, not only did you and I contribute to Social Security but your employer did, too.
It totaled 15% of your income before taxes.
If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to $220,500.
Read that again.
Did you see where the Government paid in one single penny?
We are talking about the money you and your employer put in a Government bank to insure you
and I that we would have a retirement check from the money we put in, not the Government.
Now they are calling the money we put in "AN ENTITLEMENT" when we reach the age to take it back.
If you calculate the future invested value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer's contribution)
at a simple 5% interest (less than what the Government pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working you'd have $892,919.98.
If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years (until you're 95 if you retire at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that
If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month.

THE FOLKS IN WASHINGTON HAVE PULLED OFF A BIGGER PONZI SCHEME THAN BERNIE MADOFF EVER DID.

Entitlement my foot, I paid cash for my social security insurance!
Just because they borrowed the money for other government spending, doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!!

Remember Congressional benefits?--- free healthcare, outrageous retirement packages,67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days.
Now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my social security retirement payments entitlements?

We're "broke" and we can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, or Homeless.
Yet in the last few months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile and Turkey .
And now Pakistan ......home of bin Laden.
Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!
And they can't help our own citizens in New York and New Jersey !

Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47635 Feb 18, 2014
TSF wrote:
+THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THE GOVERNMENT'S CALCULATION OF AVAILABLE SOCIAL SECURITY IS THEY FORGOT TO FIGURE IN THE PEOPLE WHO DIED BEFORE THEY EVER COLLECTED A SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK!!!
WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO?
Remember, not only did you and I contribute to Social Security but your employer did, too.
It totaled 15% of your income before taxes.
If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to $220,500.
Read that again.
Did you see where the Government paid in one single penny?
We are talking about the money you and your employer put in a Government bank to insure you
and I that we would have a retirement check from the money we put in, not the Government.
Now they are calling the money we put in "AN ENTITLEMENT" when we reach the age to take it back.
If you calculate the future invested value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer's contribution)
at a simple 5% interest (less than what the Government pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working you'd have $892,919.98.
If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years (until you're 95 if you retire at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that
If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month.
THE FOLKS IN WASHINGTON HAVE PULLED OFF A BIGGER PONZI SCHEME THAN BERNIE MADOFF EVER DID.
Entitlement my foot, I paid cash for my social security insurance!
Just because they borrowed the money for other government spending, doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!!
Remember Congressional benefits?--- free healthcare, outrageous retirement packages,67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days.
Now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my social security retirement payments entitlements?
We're "broke" and we can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, or Homeless.
Yet in the last few months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile and Turkey .
And now Pakistan ......home of bin Laden.
Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!
And they can't help our own citizens in New York and New Jersey !
Great post! Don't you think more states than those two need some help?
hole in the wall

Newark, NJ

#47636 Feb 18, 2014
71% REGRET voting for obama....55% are demoRATS
TSF

Benson, NC

#47637 Feb 18, 2014
Definitely all states.
Here is another gem I found about political correctness:
There's an annual contest at Bond University, Australia, calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.
This year's chosen term was "political correctness".
The winning student wrote:
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47638 Feb 18, 2014
TSF wrote:
Definitely all states.
Here is another gem I found about political correctness:
There's an annual contest at Bond University, Australia, calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.
This year's chosen term was "political correctness".
The winning student wrote:
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
You're on a roll man.
TSF

Benson, NC

#47639 Feb 18, 2014
NC governor McCrory is getting national attention for the federal subpoenas inquiring about his role in blocking lawsuits against Duke Energy for coal ash contamination. The governor got real snitty with reporters asking about how much Duke Energy stock he owns as well as his administrations role in lax regulation of Duke. The governor couldn't fire the reporter, so he insisted on holding his press conference about the weather instead of answering important questions about the contamination of the Dan River. NC DENR says the drinking water there is not threatened. According to DENR you can drink that water but you better not touch it or eat any fish caught there. The dirty deal in this toxic spill has NC DENR and the governor sounding and smelling fishy.
jusayin

Burnsville, NC

#47640 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text> Koch brothers were 59th in donations to their PAC.The Oracle guy was number one, in donations to his super PAC.Imagine that! Say YES to Thom Tillis! He didn't vote for Obamacare!
Thum not voting for Obamacare is another reason to not vote for someone who does not care about the middleclass and poor but rather the 1% corporate greeders. Get the frackers out of NC government. Another butcher with mccrory.
Facts Hurt

Silver Spring, MD

#47641 Feb 18, 2014
U.S. Median income June 2009 = 54478
U.S. Median income June 2013 = 52098
Source U.S. Census Bureau.

Wow what a change - we were promised a change - King OBummer didn't say what it was ----> Surprise
Facts Hurt

Washington, DC

#47642 Feb 18, 2014
Gas prices $1.85 on 1-19-2009
Gas prices 3.34 now on 2-18-2014 per gallon on blog.gasbuddy.com Another change. SURPRISE.
Facts Hurt

Washington, DC

#47643 Feb 18, 2014
71 percent of "people" that voted for Obumtaxman re-election now would vote for someone else.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/poll-71-of-obam...

Wow that says a lot.
Ben

Greer, SC

#47644 Feb 19, 2014
NoTea4NC wrote:
Say no to Thom Tillis....Save NC and help America.
You do realize that the name you have means NoTaxedEnoughAlready4NC? Just a thought and NO I don't belong to that organization.
Rock

Franklin, NC

#47645 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text> Great post! Don't you think more states than those two need some help?
. And aggressive Yankee states to boot ...
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47646 Feb 19, 2014
Fifty five% of democrat voters now say they are sorry they reelected Obama....
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47647 Feb 19, 2014
Expect another edict from Obama today that will kill a few million more jobs....
Return of the King

Greer, SC

#47648 Feb 19, 2014
The hoax known as global warming isn't distracting American voters, they say their number one concern is....jobs....
TSF

Benson, NC

#47649 Feb 19, 2014
June 2008

The national average price for a gallon of gasoline climbed to $4.086, according to a daily survey by motorist group AAA. That was up 0.7 cent from $4.079 the previous day, and eclipsed the previous mark of $4.08 set June 16, 2008.

DO YOU THINK POSSIBLY THAT OIL COMPANIES ARE CONTROLLING GAS PRICES RATHER THAN PRESIDENTS?
Facts Hurt wrote:
Gas prices $1.85 on 1-19-2009
Gas prices 3.34 now on 2-18-2014 per gallon on blog.gasbuddy.com Another change. SURPRISE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black on White Hate crimes out of Control. (Apr '16) 3 hr obviously 46
Antifa,BLM fight each other in Dallas 4 hr waco1909 7
Alt-left blames every one on earth for Charlott... 4 hr waco1909 305
The Left will come for YOU 5 hr waco1909 30
Local NAACP president: Unrest senseless, Confed... 7 hr waco1909 12
Global Warming Is A LIE like Smoking Cigarettes 8 hr waco1909 18
Steve Bannon fired! 18 hr southern at heart 32

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance