hole in the wall

Paterson, NJ

#47615 Feb 18, 2014
TSF wrote:
Be careful. Republikan governor Pat McCrory used the power of the governors office Sunday to get 45 year old Drew Swope , a short, order cook at Reid's Fine Foods fired . Swope had disrespected the governor by saying "Thanks for nothing" and walking away. Looks like Christie isn't the only republican throwing his weight around.
<quoted text>
thats not the whole story......tell the truth.
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47616 Feb 18, 2014
TSF forgot the part where Swope an obscene gesture and threatened the Governor with physical harm, also telling the Governor that he would be burned in effigy later.Sweet. And these idiots complained about O'Reilly "disrespecting"Obama !
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47617 Feb 18, 2014
Democrats like to fight dirty.To tell the truth if it was a right wing guy saying the same thing to Obama I would still support the guy being fired.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#47618 Feb 18, 2014
TSF wrote:
Be careful. Republikan governor Pat McCrory used the power of the governors office Sunday to get 45 year old Drew Swope , a short, order cook at Reid's Fine Foods fired . Swope had disrespected the governor by saying "Thanks for nothing" and walking away. Looks like Christie isn't the only republican throwing his weight around.
<quoted text>
"CHARLOTTE, N.C.— An employee at a Charlotte food store claims he was fired after Gov. Pat McCrory’s security detail complained about a comment he made to the governor on Sunday, according to the Charlotte Observer.

McCrory was shopping at Reid’s Fine Foods when Drew Swope, 45, asked McCrory if he could help, according to the paper.

After he realized he was speaking to the governor, Swope apparently told McCrory,“Thanks for nothing,” and walked away, according to the paper.

Swope told the paper the governor was “upset” at his comment and began “yelling” at him. He claims McCrory told him he was a customer and shouldn’t be treated that way.

Swope said the governor and his security team complained to the food store owner, who then fired Swope.

Swope told the paper he does not blame Reid’s for letting him go, admitting,“I did speak out of turn.”

McCrory’s communications director Joshua Ellis told the paper that Swope also made an obscene gesture to the governor during the conversation.

Swope denied the accusation." I would have fired his a$$ as well. My time clock, my rules.
TSF

Lillington, NC

#47619 Feb 18, 2014
I wasn't there. Witnesses said Swope DID NOT flip off the governor. They also said Gov. Pat was yelling at Swope. Charlotte observer reports that the effigy thing was posted by OTHERS on facebook and that Swope had commented that the EFFIGY should be kicked in the crotch. No where has there been evidence that Swope threatened the governor. Get real. If the governor is willing to use the power of his office to get a man fired, you can bet your bippy that he would have had the man charged had he actually been threatened. More republican untruthful spin trying to sanitize a bully.
Return of the King wrote:
TSF forgot the part where Swope an obscene gesture and threatened the Governor with physical harm, also telling the Governor that he would be burned in effigy later.Sweet. And these idiots complained about O'Reilly "disrespecting"Obama !
TSF

Lillington, NC

#47620 Feb 18, 2014
Obama wouldn't have been a bully and had the little guy fired. Drone strike, maybe, firing no. Joke
Democrats like to fight dirty.To tell the truth if it was a right wing guy saying the same thing to Obama I would still support the guy being fired.
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47621 Feb 18, 2014
TSF wrote:
I wasn't there. Witnesses said Swope DID NOT flip off the governor. They also said Gov. Pat was yelling at Swope. Charlotte observer reports that the effigy thing was posted by OTHERS on facebook and that Swope had commented that the EFFIGY should be kicked in the crotch. No where has there been evidence that Swope threatened the governor. Get real. If the governor is willing to use the power of his office to get a man fired, you can bet your bippy that he would have had the man charged had he actually been threatened. More republican untruthful spin trying to sanitize a bully.
<quoted text>
BULL.
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47622 Feb 18, 2014
TSF wrote:
Obama wouldn't have been a bully and had the little guy fired. Drone strike, maybe, firing no. Joke
<quoted text>
I tell you what.I'd think twice about cussing Obama out.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47623 Feb 18, 2014
It's the Democrat way. The police will protect you. in a recent social experiment in which a child told several adults that he had been kidnapped by a stranger, all the adults let that strange man drag the kid away. one or two of them called 911. one woman pepper sprayed the strange man! good for her! everyone else adopted the old" let the police handle it" mentality like the ttrained sheep they are. TSF/State, I ask you.Would y'all have simply called 911 while the kid was being dragged away to a possible horrible fate? isn't that the Democrat way though? after all are the police not paid to handle these situations?
I AM 911
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47624 Feb 18, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I AM 911
You am delusional.
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47625 Feb 18, 2014
Remember Columbo? Genius homicide cop?.Always got the bad guy? AFTER somebody got killed? Cops are great at catching people after they kill somebody or rob a bank.PREVENT? Rarely.
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47626 Feb 18, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I AM 911
(sigh). State.Really.
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47627 Feb 18, 2014
Seriously State you know you're way too old to be a cop.
NoTea4NC

Weaverville, NC

#47628 Feb 18, 2014
Say no to Thom Tillis....Save NC and help America.
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47629 Feb 18, 2014
NoTea4NC wrote:
Say no to Thom Tillis....Save NC and help America.
Sorry.I love TEA!
TSF

Lillington, NC

#47630 Feb 18, 2014
Thom Tillis, working for special interest against North Carolina and its citizens. Say no to Thom Tillis and his Koch masters.
TSF

Lillington, NC

#47631 Feb 18, 2014
A powerful republican governor getting a short order cook fired. McCrory and Christie --republikans throwing their weight around. You can't make this shit up.
<quoted text> BULL.
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47632 Feb 18, 2014
TSF wrote:
Thom Tillis, working for special interest against North Carolina and its citizens. Say no to Thom Tillis and his Koch masters.
Koch brothers were 59th in donations to their PAC.The Oracle guy was number one, in donations to his super PAC.Imagine that! Say YES to Thom Tillis! He didn't vote for Obamacare!
Return of the King

Lenoir, NC

#47633 Feb 18, 2014
hey didn't Obama play golf at the Oracle guys house yesterday? or should I say his massive estate? that guy's the third richest man in America! the other two are Buffett and Bill Gates! all Obama supporters! say no to corrupt billionaires! vote straight Republican ticket!
TSF

Lillington, NC

#47634 Feb 18, 2014
+THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THE GOVERNMENT'S CALCULATION OF AVAILABLE SOCIAL SECURITY IS THEY FORGOT TO FIGURE IN THE PEOPLE WHO DIED BEFORE THEY EVER COLLECTED A SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK!!!

WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO?
Remember, not only did you and I contribute to Social Security but your employer did, too.
It totaled 15% of your income before taxes.
If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to $220,500.
Read that again.
Did you see where the Government paid in one single penny?
We are talking about the money you and your employer put in a Government bank to insure you
and I that we would have a retirement check from the money we put in, not the Government.
Now they are calling the money we put in "AN ENTITLEMENT" when we reach the age to take it back.
If you calculate the future invested value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer's contribution)
at a simple 5% interest (less than what the Government pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working you'd have $892,919.98.
If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years (until you're 95 if you retire at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that
If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month.

THE FOLKS IN WASHINGTON HAVE PULLED OFF A BIGGER PONZI SCHEME THAN BERNIE MADOFF EVER DID.

Entitlement my foot, I paid cash for my social security insurance!
Just because they borrowed the money for other government spending, doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!!

Remember Congressional benefits?--- free healthcare, outrageous retirement packages,67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days.
Now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my social security retirement payments entitlements?

We're "broke" and we can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, or Homeless.
Yet in the last few months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile and Turkey .
And now Pakistan ......home of bin Laden.
Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!
And they can't help our own citizens in New York and New Jersey !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
He makes me sick 15 hr Just sick 23
Brandon Beam 16 hr lucky one 2
Taylor Jordan and Autumn Jordan I hope u know I... (Apr '13) 16 hr x tenn fellow 14
Accidents at Brought Hospital lead to funding cut (Aug '07) 16 hr x employee 4
Never Work At Advance Pierre Foods in Claremont... (Mar '12) Jan 21 Blah 24
Matt Huffman (Sep '13) Jan 21 answers 5
Witch conjures up life in Burke (Nov '07) Jan 18 Austin98103 181
Morganton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Morganton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News