Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Semi tough

Greer, SC

#47523 Feb 16, 2014
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>You better watch how you choose your words. The word "insane" might set you off in a bipolar tailspin.
Says the obsessive-compulsive nutcase.
TSF

Clinton, NC

#47524 Feb 16, 2014
There are plenty of documented cases of abuse of slaves in the Northern states as well.
The republican Lincoln actually decided that war was necessary and it originally had noting to do with slavery. When the Southern states expressed their desire to succeed, most of the Northern congressmen " said let them do it". Lincoln said "What will we do for tax money?", referring to the fact that cotton exports from the South were the primary source of federal funds. Almost a million Americans were killed in the resulting conflict, the South lost , and continues to pay taxes to the feds today. The issue of slavery was adopted by Lincoln to morally justify the war and primarily to prevent anti- slavery Britain from intervening on behalf of the South. The real issue was tax money. The outcome inadvertently resulted in the elimination of the scourge of slavery, in the North and South. Lets be honest here, Ownership of the slavery issue was shared by the North and South regardless of what the history revisionist portray..
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't really answer the question, does it?The institution of slavery that was a primary economic issue in the south where a much greater abuse of human rights was a common practice, Sure, there were abuses by black and Indians toward other blacks, but these situations were very minute compared to documented abuses in the south where a greater number of slaves resided. If the plantation owners wanted to change the system, they simply could have instituted a share cropping system BEFORE the war rather than AFTER, and offererd that to those who wanted to remain on the plantation a job, and free those who didn't. Instead they continued to keep captive all slaves because their profits in cotton were more important to them than the human rights of individuals. Never having been a female prostitute, I can't answer that question.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47525 Feb 16, 2014
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Guess you didn't read the last sentence. Not anymore than a forced, failing, incompetent, train wreck like Obamacare. See, the teacher changed the entire system, causing a "program" to be "invented" and imposed upon others. I see no difference between that and the imposed Obamacare health law. The government forces people to buy Obamacare, the government forces people to adhere to someone's belief's and pay for it through tax dollars. Both policies screw someone in the end.
Ben, do you support prayer in school?
TSF

Clinton, NC

#47526 Feb 16, 2014
Looks like Obamacare has now signed up 3.3 million policy holders by the end of January. If the average family size is 3, that would be coverage to 9.9 million people. With insurance coverage, those folks can now see doctors for treatment that would have only been possible in the more expensive emergency rooms, which costs everyone.
A possible November nightmare scenario for republikans---- if Obamacare actually starts working and poor people get to see doctors.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47527 Feb 16, 2014
TSF wrote:
There are plenty of documented cases of abuse of slaves in the Northern states as well.
The republican Lincoln actually decided that war was necessary and it originally had noting to do with slavery. When the Southern states expressed their desire to succeed, most of the Northern congressmen " said let them do it". Lincoln said "What will we do for tax money?", referring to the fact that cotton exports from the South were the primary source of federal funds. Almost a million Americans were killed in the resulting conflict, the South lost , and continues to pay taxes to the feds today. The issue of slavery was adopted by Lincoln to morally justify the war and primarily to prevent anti- slavery Britain from intervening on behalf of the South. The real issue was tax money. The outcome inadvertently resulted in the elimination of the scourge of slavery, in the North and South. Lets be honest here, Ownership of the slavery issue was shared by the North and South regardless of what the history revisionist portray..
<quoted text>
Much of this is true, but the fire of racial divide by slavery was a factor in the Missouri Compromise of 1820, the Compromise of 1850 and the Dred Scott case.It was all leading up to an eventual showdown. The Emacipation Proclamation of 1863 gave the north more political support and a cause for winning the war. Certainly the economics and the taxation from cotton was certainly a huge factor. Even though slavery was not the main issue, the institution of slavery would have remained had the south won the war. But certainly inequalities occured in both regions regarding black people, but was to a much larger degree in the south where it was more necessary to thier livlihood and economy.
Ben

Greer, SC

#47528 Feb 16, 2014
TSF wrote:
Looks like Obamacare has now signed up 3.3 million policy holders by the end of January. If the average family size is 3, that would be coverage to 9.9 million people. With insurance coverage, those folks can now see doctors for treatment that would have only been possible in the more expensive emergency rooms, which costs everyone.
A possible November nightmare scenario for republikans---- if Obamacare actually starts working and poor people get to see doctors.
"CONCORD, N.H.— Families shopping for health insurance through the new federal marketplace are running into trouble getting everyone covered when children are eligible for Medicaid but their parents are not.

Children who qualify for Medicaid, the safety-net program for the poor and disabled, can’t be included on subsidized family plans purchased through the federal marketplace, a fact that is taking many parents by surprise and leaving some kids stuck without coverage.

A California man says he was given false assurances that his children could be covered by the same plan he picked for his wife and himself, and a Florida father says his daughter is going without coverage while he waits for answers." Didn't NH have "high" enrollment? Also, remember to deduct the 25% that are the 18 to 26 years old.
Ben

Greer, SC

#47529 Feb 16, 2014
TSF wrote:
Looks like Obamacare has now signed up 3.3 million policy holders by the end of January. If the average family size is 3, that would be coverage to 9.9 million people. With insurance coverage, those folks can now see doctors for treatment that would have only been possible in the more expensive emergency rooms, which costs everyone.
A possible November nightmare scenario for republikans---- if Obamacare actually starts working and poor people get to see doctors.
Actually, the "poor"people get Medicaid. Which usually consists of a Physicians Assistant. Cheaper that way, right. " Study: Nearly A Third Of Doctors Won't See New Medicaid Patients

Print
Share

Topics: Medicaid, States, Health Costs

By Phil Galewitz

KHN Staff Writer

Aug 06, 2012

This story was produced in collaboration with

Physician's assistant Ann Valdez checks out Amy Morales, 2, during a check-up at a community health center in Aurora, Colorado. The clinic serves many Medicaid patients (Photo by John Moore/Getty Images).

If you're on Medicaid and looking for a new doctor, your chances are excellent of finding one … in Wyoming.

In New Jersey, not so much." Attention Medicaid Patients: The Doctor Won't Be Seeing You
33 comments, 3 called-out
Comment Now
Follow Comments

With its expansion of Medicaid eligibility, the Affordable Care Act (a.k.a. Obamacare) was supposed to go a long way towards providing healthcare coverage to millions of uninsured Americans. That accomplishment was dealt a large blow by the Supreme Court, when it forbade the federal government from requiring states to expand Medicaid coverage. Nevertheless, many states plan to offer Medicaid to anyone with incomes at or below 138% of the Federal Poverty Limit (FPL). And more states might follow suit over time, under pressure from the healthcare industry, which likes its customers to be paying customers."
Rock

Franklin, NC

#47530 Feb 16, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't really answer the question, does it?The institution of slavery that was a primary economic issue in the south where a much greater abuse of human rights was a common practice, Sure, there were abuses by black and Indians toward other blacks, but these situations were very minute compared to documented abuses in the south where a greater number of slaves resided. If the plantation owners wanted to change the system, they simply could have instituted a share cropping system BEFORE the war rather than AFTER, and offererd that to those who wanted to remain on the plantation a job, and free those who didn't. Instead they continued to keep captive all slaves because their profits in cotton were more important to them than the human rights of individuals. Never having been a female prostitute, I can't answer that question.
...who had more freed black slaves living in at the time of the civil war? Answer that and your question loses a lot of its steam...
Rock

Franklin, NC

#47531 Feb 16, 2014
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Guess you didn't read the last sentence. Not anymore than a forced, failing, incompetent, train wreck like Obamacare. See, the teacher changed the entire system, causing a "program" to be "invented" and imposed upon others. I see no difference between that and the imposed Obamacare health law. The government forces people to buy Obamacare, the government forces people to adhere to someone's belief's and pay for it through tax dollars. Both policies screw someone in the end.
. Forcing people to use their labor to get something they don't want...sound familiar?
Rock

Franklin, NC

#47532 Feb 16, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "my kind?" I have worked for over 30 years in law enforcement.
state...you worked 30 years in LE and never spoke to a prostitute?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47533 Feb 16, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>...who had more freed black slaves living in at the time of the civil war? Answer that and your question loses a lot of its steam...
I don't know. Give us the answer. Do you think slavery would have been abolished if the south had won the war?
Rock

Franklin, NC

#47534 Feb 16, 2014
TSF wrote:
There are plenty of documented cases of abuse of slaves in the Northern states as well.
The republican Lincoln actually decided that war was necessary and it originally had noting to do with slavery. When the Southern states expressed their desire to succeed, most of the Northern congressmen " said let them do it". Lincoln said "What will we do for tax money?", referring to the fact that cotton exports from the South were the primary source of federal funds. Almost a million Americans were killed in the resulting conflict, the South lost , and continues to pay taxes to the feds today. The issue of slavery was adopted by Lincoln to morally justify the war and primarily to prevent anti- slavery Britain from intervening on behalf of the South. The real issue was tax money. The outcome inadvertently resulted in the elimination of the scourge of slavery, in the North and South. Lets be honest here, Ownership of the slavery issue was shared by the North and South regardless of what the history revisionist portray..
<quoted text>
Well said TSF
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47535 Feb 16, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text> state...you worked 30 years in LE and never spoke to a prostitute?
I think I said that I have never BEEN a prostitute.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47537 Feb 16, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. Give us the answer. Do you think slavery would have been abolished if the south had won the war?
What do you think, Rock?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#47538 Feb 16, 2014
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>. Forcing people to use their labor to get something they don't want...sound familiar?
Yes....slavery!
TSF

Clinton, NC

#47539 Feb 16, 2014
Looks like Duke Power, former Due Power employee now Governor McCrory, and NC DENR are under US DOJ investigation for the Dan River coal ash spill. Not reporting the spill for days, lying about the clean up, misrepresenting/lying about the pollution test results ,and blocking lawsuits seeking remediation or coal ash contamination.
DENR used to have the task of protecting the environment and NC citizens. McCrory's new mission for DENR s protecting polluters
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#47540 Feb 16, 2014
Whoever thought DOJ would investigate a republican?
waco 1909

Greer, SC

#47541 Feb 16, 2014
Still waiting to hear something from the Christie investigatIon. looks like the Department of Justice is still spinning their wheels on that little deal. sort of like when I thought they were going to prosecute Zimmerman. just couldn't find any damn evidence. at least they got the Democrat criminal Ray Nagin going to federal prison now, good place for that guy.
hole in the wall

Paterson, NJ

#47542 Feb 16, 2014
American Voter wrote:
Hey don't blame it all on Obama. The real problem is the overwhelming Democratic majority in both houses. If I remember correctly, the Democrats controled Congress during those Bush years when our economy went down the crapper! That's what we are trying to fix in the next 3 weeks. The Obama congress has spent more money in less than 2 years than Bush spent in 8! It will take decades to undo the damage.
An now look how things are going....from bad to worse
hole in the wall

Paterson, NJ

#47543 Feb 16, 2014
We can blame obama now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump to gut Medicaid! 4 hr Trump 67
Breaking :Comey's FBI illegally spied on Amer... 6 hr TSF 10
FBI & Clapper Call Trump a Liar 6 hr TSF 14
Rising New York Democrat caught with kiddie porn 6 hr waco1909 6
U.S. appeals court upholds block on Trump's tra... 7 hr Rock 13
British PM: Intelligence shared must remain se... 7 hr Rock 19
Trump Shamed Us All 10 hr waco1909 9

Morganton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morganton Mortgages