Since: May 12

Location hidden

#45565 Dec 20, 2013
Sadly, united...we used to stand..
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45566 Dec 20, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Anyway State, if it matters, even a little, I hope that you and I can see through the media conditioning, and see somehow, that we are just two people with different life experiences, trying to make sense of this insanity.You as well,TSF.
Agreed.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45567 Dec 20, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Sadly, united...we used to stand..
I can't remember a time in my life that we really did. Polarization in race, economic status and sexual orrientation has always been a reality as far back as I can remember, and continues to be.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45568 Dec 21, 2013
Still able to get past the media programming, at least a bit, as a conservative Texan I'm ONE HUNDRED PER CENT AGAINST WARRANTLESS SEARCHES! This is an outrage being perpetrated in Texas!.This can't be allowed to stand.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45569 Dec 21, 2013
On the other side, liberal owned Facebook pulls gov.Huckabee's comments quoting Phil Robertson....Left Wing war against competing ideas, known as free speech, continues unabated. Multi-billionaire owner of Facebook has paid no corporate taxes in two years....
TSF

Greenville, NC

#45570 Dec 21, 2013
Taxpayer. This is very insightful in explaining the mechanism of our enslavement. Anytime you borrow money, you voluntarily submit to servitude to the lender. The $21 in trinkets that bought Long Island from the American Natives is an exact parallel to today's trinkets which are given out on credit against your future .. Our nation has fallen for the same revolving credit trap set buy the international bankers.
Taxpayer wrote:
The evil of Democratic Socalisam.
The mantra that democratic rule exists in the realm of governmental affairs has proven false. The fact that deficit spending is commonplace and acceptable to their populace links the social democracies in a feudal structure that most are unwilling to acknowledge. The practice of debt created bank money underlies every social policy and expenditure. The notion that paying for public projects, based upon popular support and taxes, is extinct. Destroying domestic currencies and obligating future generations to the debt slavery of past failed projects, has replaced the work ethic. Democracies pledge subsidies without labor and security absent of personal freedom. The promise for a society based upon individual dignity, no a government with a formula for subsistence survival of servile serfs. Merry Christmas have a happy New Year being a slave to the state.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45571 Dec 21, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
You will easily throw out criticism of Obama, but not accept criticism of Bush. You defend Bush at every turn, so don't tell me it's about the US.
I didn't say it was about the US.I MEANT...us!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45572 Dec 21, 2013
State this isn't tit-for-tat. I Wasn't protecting Bush.Can't you see, when I say anything negative about Obama, you immediately look up something similar a republican has done? I'm not in favor of ANYONE IN THE U.S.GOV T.BORROWING MONEY FROM CHINA.Clear? If you try to overcome your programming, and i try to overcome mine, maybe the TRUTH WILL EMERGE. As for Obamacare, it is costing too many people, too much.Apparently, it's only affordable to certain selected groups, while others get hammered.Why are unions immune? While others aren't? There is logic here? If Obamacare is so good, why did unions get a delay? Why does Congress escape Obamacare, since it's so"good"?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45573 Dec 21, 2013
TSF wrote:
Taxpayer. This is very insightful in explaining the mechanism of our enslavement. Anytime you borrow money, you voluntarily submit to servitude to the lender. The $21 in trinkets that bought Long Island from the American Natives is an exact parallel to today's trinkets which are given out on credit against your future .. Our nation has fallen for the same revolving credit trap set buy the international bankers.
<quoted text>
International bankers are not our friends.Borrowing from China (democrats, republicans BOTH) has been hurtful to Americans in every walk of life....
TSF

Greenville, NC

#45575 Dec 21, 2013
We are definitely in a financial bind but we are not hopelessly broke either. We are being robbed by bankers , CEOs with salaries of royalty, international corporations taking our natural resources for pennies on the dollar with bribes to our corrupt lawmakers, and welfare to the rich. We could be out of debt in 10 years if we just stopped welfare to the rich, killed the corruption and started charging market value for our natural resources like oil, gas, timber, minerals, etc..
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> International bankers are not our friends.Borrowing from China (democrats, republicans BOTH) has been hurtful to Americans in every walk of life....

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45576 Dec 21, 2013
The suppression of others' beliefs by force or coercion only comes when you are deeply afraid that your own beliefs are WRONG and you are desperate to keep anyone from challenging them.(A@E suspends Phil Robertson, FACEBOOK removes gov.Huckabee's Web page).Political Correctness marches on......

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45577 Dec 21, 2013
What is Mark Z., the founder of Facebook, afraid of?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45578 Dec 21, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
What is Mark Z., the founder of Facebook, afraid of?
I am afraid that I don't know him to ask, but I do not like any freedom of speech supressed, and I would think that you would find this across the board with a majority of both liberals and conservatives. What was it that Facebook blocked on Huckabee?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45579 Dec 21, 2013
On the right we have have attempts to use the govt.to punish flag burners and enforce state-sponsored prayer.On the left, we have a ban on free speech and the attempt by the state to force the acceptance of homosexual relationships as equal to marriages and a ban on peaceful public assembly in front of abortion clinics. Each side feels absolutely justified in compelling others to accept their views. It is Cromwellian puritanism, using the power of the state to enforce the dictates of one group through the wider society, by force rather than persuasion.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45580 Dec 21, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I am afraid that I don't know him to ask, but I do not like any freedom of speech supressed, and I would think that you would find this across the board with a majority of both liberals and conservatives. What was it that Facebook blocked on Huckabee?
Huckabee included the full text of Robertson's comments to GQ.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45581 Dec 21, 2013
The media, controlled by dueling special interest money, wants people with honestly held differing opinions, to view one another as monsters or at the very least, fools. Make no mistake, we are their pawns in a game of political madness.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45582 Dec 21, 2013
Ironically the people most relentless in suppressing the views of others congratulate themselves on their tolerance and diversity.See A@E, as one example.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45583 Dec 21, 2013
Nobody seems to be able to accept the fact that someone can disagree with their group and still be a human being worthy of respect.Incendiary comments directed towards the Tea Party being an example, and the comments of the Right regarding Hillary Clinton being an example.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45584 Dec 21, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Huckabee included the full text of Robertson's comments to GQ.
I wonder if Huckabee had the permission of GQ to include the full text publically? Could this be the issue?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45585 Dec 21, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Ironically the people most relentless in suppressing the views of others congratulate themselves on their tolerance and diversity.See A@E, as one example.
They had an expressed contract with Phil Robertson not to engage in this type of controversial interview. He violated the contract terms. That is the issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morganton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i am sick and tired of furguson 1 hr early 15
nick coffey (Jun '13) 1 hr Lawyering Up 18
What is the host's name at Pancho Villa? 2 hr Repeatly 11
Man injured after falling from bucket truck 3 hr Liberal forever 5
ATM beside Gamewell FD 6 hr Tardwell County 6
Left Lane Drivers 6 hr MFIC 10
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 7 hr State of Florida 3,022
Morganton Dating
Find my Match

Morganton People Search